OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I dunno why, but I have a good feeling about gears coming back.  :P

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

The countdown has been updated, now with two days left.  This image, a little darker, does not have elcinoiB in the URL.

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

I hope they go back to the technic pin attached armor for sets instead of the HF ball and socket. I just can not stand the HF sets >.< I know hoping for gear functions might be overstretching it a little but who knows :P

I would hazard a guess that gear functions will come back well before armor attached by pins. This is for various reasons. For one thing, one of this year's Hero Factory sets already has gear functions (Evo XL Machine), so clearly the LEGO Group has no aversion to the idea.

Additionally, Hero Factory shells are basically superior to BIONICLE shells from a functional standpoint because they can be attached to the center or end of a beam at any angle (not just from the front or back), and can be used as a point of articulation rather than just being decorative armor. A set with creative custom armor like Toxic Reapa would not be possible with BIONICLE shells at all, because it has armor attached at an irregular angle via a ball joint in five places, something that a piece like a thigh shell from Carapar, the Piraka, or the Toa Metru would not allow.

There are other reasons to expect gear functions next year, but not ones I can really discuss...

• Upvote 1

There are other reasons to expect gear functions next year, but not ones I can really discuss...

Actually, you can discuss them -- just not on BZP.

Also, something I imagined the other day:

The Friday Announcement.

"We have dropped many hints of the return of Bionicle, from an image on our own website to the name Bionicle in a URL.  With most of these himts having been found by clever LEGO fans, we now officially announce the return of Exo-Force."

Take a guess which word will not be in the announcement.  Just saying, I think Lego is doing some of these things on purpose....

Well, I didn't say Galidor that time.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Personally i wouldnt discuss leaked images, it usually gives you low details and it usually changes drastically when official pictures at conventions and toyfairs or or announcements are revealed.

But if it turns out that lego is really planning to bring them back then i say it's rather cool to see old childhood heroes return.

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---

qs3135.jpg

It would be nice to have some official images to comment about, because that could keep us occupied on what they look like.

Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait for a liddle while before discussing images other than the 4,2, and the shop icon.

We can survive, we've done it so far.

Edited by Heontris

Online presences (main ones, at least):

DeviantART: Heontris

YouTube: Heontris

Anything else with the name Heontris is also me. As far as I know.

"Don't be a night owl, it gets boring after the first 6 hours." - Me right now

I hope they go back to the technic pin attached armor for sets instead of the HF ball and socket. I just can not stand the HF sets >.< I know hoping for gear functions might be overstretching it a little but who knows :P

Really? Cause I love the HF bodies since they are more sturdy than their predacessors. But on a different note, how will the masks be attatched?

The surprise was vampires!

Really? Cause I love the HF bodies since they are more sturdy than their predacessors. But on a different note, how will the masks be attatched?

I don't expect the attachment to be much different from the way helmets are attached now.

Personally i wouldnt discuss leaked images, it usually gives you low details and it usually changes drastically when official pictures at conventions and toyfairs or or announcements are revealed.

remember when the leaked glatorian images had upside-down zamor launchers

• Upvote 2

bBhcfWO.png

I don't expect the attachment to be much different from the way helmets are attached now.

I am kinda hoping they have new heads and that the masks can be attatched the same way the armor pieces are attatched to the HF bodies.

On a different note, how do you guys think the story will handle the new forms of the Toa? Assuming it is a continuation (which for reasons i cannot discuss seems quite likely), starting it off with the Toa gettin new forms will be confusing for newer fans. I could see Greg writing a little short story explaining how the Toa got the new forms to tie the two generations together (even though the story wouldn't be much more complex than "Mask of Life comes. Insert 2015 exposition here. Heres some new forms. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay"

sig.jpg

I sure hope this doesn't get me in trouble, but... if, by some chance, next years' sets were to integrate the new building system with oldschool gear functions, here's one way I think they could do it.

the_new_bionicle_sets_have_gears___by_ni

Thoughts? Assuming the "default" shoulder balls could be used to pile on more armor, and there was a way to stop the arms from flailing and flopping around, is this the sort of upgrade you'd like to see on new figures?

This "gearbox" piece I've depicted here hasn't really appeared in any leaks... it's just how I'd imagine such a thing may look once Lego shows us the upcoming figures officially and we get to see what they actually look like from behind.

• Upvote 5

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I sure hope this doesn't get me in trouble, but... if, by some chance, next years' sets were to integrate the new building system with oldschool gear functions, here's one way I think they could do it.

Thoughts? Assuming the "default" shoulder balls could be used to pile on more armor, and there was a way to stop the arms from flailing and flopping around, is this the sort of upgrade you'd like to see on new figures?

This "gearbox" piece I've depicted here hasn't really appeared in any leaks... it's just how I'd imagine such a thing may look once Lego shows us the upcoming figures officially and we get to see what they actually look like from behind.

I was just thinking of something very similar to this! Hopefully LEGO does something close to this so we can all enjoy gears once again! :D

• Upvote 2

Actually, you can discuss them -- just not on BZP.

Also, something I imagined the other day:

The Friday Announcement.

"We have dropped many hints of the return of Bionicle, from an image on our own website to the name Bionicle in a URL.  With most of these himts having been found by clever LEGO fans, we now officially announce the return of Exo-Force."

Take a guess which word will not be in the announcement.  Just saying, I think Lego is doing some of these things on purpose....

Well, I didn't say Galidor that time.

Something like that probably will happen.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I'm pretty excited about bionicle 2015. I mean I was skeptical when I heard about it because I was a little worried it was going to just turn out to be like hero factory and not have its own uniqueness like it used to. And as for the set pictures, (although they ARE preliminary) it shows that the sets will hopefully be more complex than I originally thought. I'm also very interested in how the story will play out because if it's a continuation. I'm not completely sure where they could really go with it, it seems like they've gone as far as they could in terms of continuing the story without it being repetitive.

I actually hope the gears are only in certain weapons and the new blasters since even though I was with bionicle from the begining I NEVER liked the gears as I found them to restricting in regards to poseability.

• Upvote 1

^ tht.

Also, gears were at first used so you could just (although primitively) move arms. There is absoloutley no need for them (other than as a part of the weapon) now that you have ball-socket based arm designs with human-like poseability.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Yes. This is what we want. But with a way to wedge it in place. That gearbox is everything the Metru build didn't achieve. And at least for a few small sets, that might actually be real, judging by the armour. I'm going to (try to) MOC that ASAP.

• Upvote 2

VBWj75sh.png

I'd love to see something like this, but with the gears attached to a ball socket to give them some extra friction. Thats what I dislike about the Toa Matas gear function, they couldn't hold their arms up. The extra friction added by a ball and a socket should solve that.

Edit: Now that I think of it, a ball and socket would probably add too much friction. A technic pin connection might work though.

Edited by doodleloot

Hail Denmark

I actually hope the gears are only in certain weapons and the new blasters since even though I was with bionicle from the begining I NEVER liked the gears as I found them to restricting in regards to poseability.

I always liked the gears. Plus there would most likely be a way to use some different parts to help with the poseability. However I did like the 2006 sets mostly because of the piraka and the titans but the inika themselves were interesting and great for posing and easier to do stop-motion and things like that with and they were all around great without the gears. For me it really just depends on the set and since its the toa mata it would make sense to me for them to have gears especially if it turns out to be a reboot although I highly doubt it will be but still.

• Upvote 1

443.png

So soon yet so far...

Edited by TheGreatSpirit
  • Upvote 5

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with him the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the great spirit blessed us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty and Destiny. We embraced these gifts and in gratitude named our home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself.

I woke up really early today to see the announcement, now there's nothing at this point. Did TLG ever say what time/time zone they'd announce it?

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/