OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

So much hate for a continuation/Time Travel/ Thrown in another universe. I don't know why, IMO it would be fine and I would follow this new story until the end.

I personally don't hate the idea of a continuation, aside from the fact that Bionicle ended on a whole bunch of unresolved plotlines, and I also don't want the reboot to suffer because fans had to go and catch up on ten years of story.

I don't know, but the new story looks like is being made in a way that new fans doesn't need to check on previous things if they don't want to.

Edited by Zidonaro

Hello everyone! I joined the forums because I am riding on the hype train known as Bionicle 2015. Bionicle was my favorite line of lego sets, and I was sad to see them go. Now that they are returning, I would love to chat about them with you guys :)

Welcome to the forums! This is the place to do it. While you're here, I'm also going to shamelessly advise that you check out the Library and Comics (both for awesome fan stories), as well as the RPG and Games & Trivia forums (for awesome games that you can play here with other members).

Let the hype continue!

E:

I don't know, but the story looks like is being made in a way that new fans doesn't need to check on previous things if they don't want to.

If LEGO can manage to keep it that way, then I'll have no problems what so ever.

Edited by Voltex

I don't hate the idea as much as I am wary of it. If they can pull it off, that's okay, but right now some things seem like they clash a little with the idea of these being one and the same with the original Mata

That's a more accurate way of describing my own feelings, actually - just wary. There are many, many ways in which it could go wrong. Hopefully LEGO would find a way that works.

So much hate for a continuation/Time Travel/ Thrown in another universe. I don't know why, IMO it would be fine and I would follow this new story until the end.

I would really like this. It's a chance for LEGO to tell a new story but the old one is still highly relevant.

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

Hello everyone! I joined the forums because I am riding on the hype train known as Bionicle 2015. Bionicle was my favorite line of lego sets, and I was sad to see them go. Now that they are returning, I would love to chat about them with you guys :)

Welcome to the forums! This is the place to do it. While you're here, I'm also going to shamelessly advise that you check out the Library and Comics (both for awesome fan stories), as well as the RPG and Games & Trivia forums (for awesome games that you can play here with other members).

Let the hype continue!

E:

I don't know, but the story looks like is being made in a way that new fans doesn't need to check on previous things if they don't want to.

If LEGO can manage to keep it that way, then I'll have no problems what so ever.

Thanks for the welcome! I will go take a look  :)

Check out my MOCpages

Has anyone noticed that the three Toa on the top row at Bionicle.com are Lewa, Kopaka and Gali... and the bottom three are Onua, Pohatu and Tahu... Do these groupings sound familiar? I think we might be getting Toa Kaita again.

I did not notice that. Good catch! 

bZpOwEr

I would really like this. It's a chance for LEGO to tell a new story but the old one is still highly relevant.

I'm a little disappointed that it's not a continuation but I understand why it's a reboot. 

On one side you have people who want a continuation of the old story and on the other you have people who hated Greg's writing and welcome the new story.

AΨ 94

I'm wondering... We're not getting a single CG promotion for this ? Even Hero factory had on the launch, but it seems they're going to be using that cartoon animation style for everything. I hope I'm wrong.

It would be cool having individual animations for each Toa again, just like 2001.

Current theory: Something catastrophic happened in the main universe that threw the Toa into the Okotu-universe (it could still be in the main universe, but out of ignorance, lets call it that). They help fix whatever problems are going on, and for the big twist, they return to the main universe where they fight the thing that threw them into the Okotu-universe in the first place.

That's one way they could connect the old story to the new one.

Hey... I know what to call the 2 universes! Mataverse & Okotoverse! :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Current theory: Something catastrophic happened in the main universe that threw the Toa into the Okotu-universe (it could still be in the main universe, but out of ignorance, lets call it that). They help fix whatever problems are going on, and for the big twist, they return to the main universe where they fight the thing that threw them into the Okotu-universe in the first place.

the lego people have already dubbed the new universe the 'nuvaverse' so we're kind of stuck with it :/

bionicle_logo_compressed.png?l.r=-186523

the lego people have already dubbed the new universe the 'nuvaverse' so we're kind of stuck with it :/

Was it LEGO themselves, or was it TTV? Because "Nuvaverse" is extremely silly, and if it was made up by some fan podcast, I am shunning the term immediately.

Has anyone noticed that the three Toa on the top row at Bionicle.com are Lewa, Kopaka and Gali... and the bottom three are Onua, Pohatu and Tahu... Do these groupings sound familiar? I think we might be getting Toa Kaita again.

I did notice. Sure hope we are getting Toa Kaita again! 

We better get some posters for Bionicle G2...I've got the 2002 "Find the Power" poster on my closet door, and a new poster would be nice. My room is still covered in Bionicle G1 stuff. Guess it's time to put all that away and focus on the new stuff.

I'm pretty sure that's just TTV, they're not the lego people.

edit:kapura'd....

Edited by farmstink buttlass

AXKP5KC.png

I find it funny that the idea of a soft reboot is met with sceptisism here, while over at BS01, they're like "Hold the phone!  Quit editing, this is a continuation!"

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

I thin that two of the summer sets will be Makuta and that other guy (I didn't catch his name completely...). I would imagine that they would be at least Tahu sized, if not titans.

I quite like how Makuta has a much more explained back story. Makes him have a good history and more showed reason as to why he does what he does. Teridax never fully got that.

And I think we can expect this to go longer than three years. Plus, if the main plot is the TV show (or whatever it really is) then there is not such a worry that newer fans won't understand the story, because they can just go back and watch those for fun!

Star Wars was able to soft reboot a lot of stuff without messing with the storyline very much. Like Clone Wars, who knew you could fit so much content in a massive established univserse? Bionicle had a cheat code that was having multiple unrelated planets, but the writers tried too hard to connect everything (Mata Nui vs Teridax for 10 years??) and that kind of complicated any further story.

And I think we can expect this to go longer than three years. Plus, if the main plot is the TV show (or whatever it really is) then there is not such a worry that newer fans won't understand the story, because they can just go back and watch those for fun!

Unfortunately, no true TV show; and the books are the primary medium, which is... odd.

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Well. This is certainly unexpected. So Bionicle 2015 is not a hard reboot nor is a soft reboot, and it isn't a continuation either.

It's a... well, it's some sort of weird continuation-reboot hybrid. A Recontinueboot. :dazed:

Apparently the Vahi is only half a mask, the Toa are the original one but have lost all memories of their past adventures, and the other half of the Vahi possibly involves time travel.

I guess the Temple of Time has something to do with this, and the Vahi Cloud wasn't just an easter egg referencing the old universe, it was foreshadowing what was soon to come in the current universe, which is apparently somehow connected to the old one.

Well folks, looks like Bionicle 2015 just got a lot more unusual.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Only one source has said it's a soft reboot so far, and it's a source known for wild speculation. Skepticism is hardly uncalled for in this situation.

A: their speculation is later in the same post.  That whole part was things they learned.

B: didn't say anything was uncalled for.  I just found it funny that two groups could be such polar opposites.  But, of course, that's life.

They mentioned the new storyline would be like the new Star Trek movies, right? And what happens in the nuTrek movies? A major disaster in the far future leads to time travel shenanigans and alteration of events.

I propose a comprehensive theory taking into account three major facts:

1. The writers basically put up a neon sign saying time travel is involved.

2. When Makuta puts on the Mask of Ultimate Power, the ground begins to crack open.

3. Mata Nui's observation protocol always involved the formation of an artificial island.

Conclusion: The new story takes place during a previous cycle in Mata Nui's mission. The Toa Mata are sent back from some point after the reformation of Spherus Magna and lose their memories due to a botched transit. This interference diverts events going forward, separating the new timeline.

fjRqLk4.jpg

I don't want time travel in Bionicle. Give me space travel, give me an unlimited number of universes, but please do not include time travel. There is no possible scenario in which a toyline could handle time travel correctly.

E: No scenario in which I would enjoy it, to be more precise.

Edited by Voltex
  • Upvote 4

Did the new animation remind anyone of The Deathly Hallows animation? I immediately thought of that while I was watching. I got that feeling and MNOG feels with it simultaneously. I don't know how fond everyone else is, but I'm really hoping to see some 01-03 type mini-movies with this style. 

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

Follow me on Twitter! @sean52711

I'll follow back.

I don't like the idea of this story being bound by the same giant robot twist as before, especially since this Makuta really seems like he's not even a part of the Makuta species, let alone Teridax.

I thought what they meant by being like the Star Trek movies was just that it's a new universe with features from the old one in there, like the Toa Mata.

Edited by Lucina

Anyone know of the price range for these?

Defenders are supposed to be about $12.99 USD I think, which would probably put Tahu/Kopaka/Onua at about $19.99 and Gali/Lewa/Pohatu at something in between.

Not officially, but going off this year's HF prices, the range should be around 15-20 for the Toa, 10 for the smaller sets.

I think Gali, Lewa, and Pohatu will be ~$15.

smh *opens wallet*

Huh. That is a very important question and I can't believe I didn't think of it until now. :lol:

Surprised it wasn't some of the info revealed or ask about already honestly.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

janwenzel1 wrote:
dear mr farsthey is there a connection from the new storyline to the old storyline?
It's been confirmed at the BIONICLE panel in New York that this is a reboot, not a continuation of the old storyline.
It's a reboot. 
Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 3

janwenzel1 wrote:
dear mr farsthey is there a connection from the new storyline to the old storyline?
It's been confirmed at the BIONICLE panel in New York that this is a reboot, not a continuation of the old storyline.
It's a reboot. 

Thank goodness

:shrugs: 

At least it appears that they aren't stealing my fanfic ideas, which I was worried about for awhile there. 

I'm digging the Guurahk staff on Kopaka. Favorite set going away so far...

One question regarding the story, how did all the masks miraculously land on three different podiums conveniently placed across the island?

I suspect that they were placed there by someone. Or by magic.

My prediction is that the Mask of Ultimate Power is like the new Mask of Life.

That's probably up the same ally, although this one appears to be every more of a "way too powerful bomb". 

• Upvote 1