OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I always connect to the inner axles for both Tahu and Kopaka because both of their blades came bent so I wanted the most pressure for them to fit together I could o I can't say I've noticed a difference.

Mine arrived a bit bent as well. Which is just another reason why I wish the packaging was more sturdy.

I always connect to the inner axles for both Tahu and Kopaka because both of their blades came bent so I wanted the most pressure for them to fit together I could o I can't say I've noticed a difference.

Even leaving them like that, you should be able to see the shortened distance between the outer/end axles if you hold them up next to any piece that has the properly spaced holes.

OpAXNpl.jpg

And this is why I didn't buy Kopaka.

Just kidding, I just like Lewa better. I really wants the Kopaka.

Tahu and Kopaka were my first 2015 Bionicle sets, and they kick copious amounts of &%$.

I got them on Boxing Day.

Edited by Spiffy247

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Mine arrived a bit bent as well. Which is just another reason why I wish the packaging was more sturdy.

Bent parts like that aren't new, and they have nothing to do with the packaging. When Lego parts are ejected from the molds they're created in, they're dumped in large bins of similar parts, before they've fully cooled. In some cases (particularly large, thin parts like weapons), the parts on the bottom can become slightly warped when the next parts to be molded are piled on top of them. This afflicted many, many Bionicle weapons in the past, especially long, thin ones like Chirox's "talons", and has continued with things like the long Technic blades used for things like Dragon Bolt's wings.

In every case of this I've experienced in the past, holding the part flat for a period of time, or bending it into the proper position, has corrected the issue. I imagine that should be fairly easy with the swords in question, since not only are they flat (allowing them to be sandwiched between books overnight if the warping is especially severe), but they also have plenty of connection points that can be used to hold parts like the axle connections in the proper position.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

QUESTION TIME:

So, I'm a low-budget guy. I already have Lewa and his little friend PoJ, and I'm wondering... if I buy another Toa, who should it be? I'm thinking Onua, what about you other smart BZPowerers?

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

QUESTION TIME:

So, I'm a low-budget guy. I already have Lewa and his little friend PoJ, and I'm wondering... if I buy another Toa, who should it be? I'm thinking Onua, what about you other smart BZPowerers?

I think Onua is a good set to buy! Definitely one of my favorites. Plus, having the Onua and Lewa pair lets you re-ennact those great scenes where Lewa gets something evil on his face!

QUESTION TIME:

Onua is a good choice. He has a good build, a fun weapon, and PURPLE (!) pieces. :P Gali is also a good choice. (Giant Ax for the win, plus a good build as well.)

I would also throw Tahu into the running as well. He has a good build and come with four swords for his weapons. I would definitely suggest considering him if you don't find Onua or Gali the next time you go looking for sets.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I've got $21 bucks to spend on a Toa. I'm torn between Gali and Kopaka. Which should I get?

Gali. You get more bang for your buck, and...Dem' hips.

Edited by Chasm
  • Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I've got $21 bucks to spend on a Toa. I'm torn between Gali and Kopaka. Which should I get?

That's really hard for me to say because I really like both of them. Both of them have good color schemes and builds, though I think Gali's weapon is a little better. But Kopaka's shoulder armor is attached better than Gali's IMO.

At the end of the day, I would say that I recommend Gali slightly more than Kopaka, but you wouldn't go wrong with picking him either.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Okay, now I'm curious. What did Blueblur say that got him staff-edited and a warning? If it was swearing, doesn't that get censored?

Also, thanks for the input. I think I'll get Kopaka first (I have a lot more white parts, so MOCing will be easier [thanks Witch Doctor]) and maybe withdraw some cash from my bank account to afford either the PoI or Gali. 

Edited by IcarusBen
  • Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

@Animation: I'm okay with the style, but too much Tahu. :P I want to hear the others' stories. 

Someone that went to the Toy Fair mentioned that he asked a Lego Representative of the "possibility of new films etc. and the rep seemed quite keen to downplay the franchise as 'low priority' for LEGO, with a smaller budget because of that". So....

Bleh. 

Although the rep probably wanted to see if the new Bionicle performs first before letting a film studio deal in it just yet. I can't escape the idea that Bionicle 2015 is partly a "fan treat" kind of thing, even though I know that it's not. 

Hey, guys.

I wanted to apologize for how I've been portraying myself here. I know you guys probably don't like me very much but I assure you I'm actually a quiet guy. I've been really irritable and stressed out lately due to college and other personal issues but that's no reason to come here and let it out on you guys. I know the rules but sometimes I forget them when I'm angry or upset so I'm not able to really see things from a calm and polite perspective. I am not using this as an excuse, but I suffer from high functioning Autism (Asperger's Syndrome) and it's practically ruined my life. It makes me say and do the stupidest things when I'm not thinking straight (As you guys might have seen) and it's beyond annoying.

I've managed to overcome some aspects of it but for the most part I struggle. I really don't want to sound like an insensitive jerk. I love Bionicle and I love this site. I might not have many friends here but we're all in the same club, right? I'm not saying I won't ever mess up again, but I'll try to double check my posts to see if they are suitable for the discussion. Does that sound fair?

People might accuse me of being a 'troll' but this is not the truth. I just have a hard time interacting with people and saying things in a non offensive way. I've fought with this my whole life and it seems I'm not making much progress. Luckily, some users here have tried to assist me in this situation. From now on, if I want to express my strong opinions, I will place an 'I Think'( or a variation of that phrase) before doing so.

Thank you for understanding and please don't take anything I said before personally. I don't mean any of it. If it would make everybody feel better I could take a break for a couple of days or so and come back when I'm calm. (Personal issues notwithstanding.) Would that help?     

• Upvote 11

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Hey, guys.

I wanted to apologize for how I've been portraying myself here. I know you guys probably don't like me very much but I assure you I'm actually a quiet guy. I've been really irritable and stressed out lately due to college and other personal issues but that's no reason to come here and let it out on you guys. I know the rules but sometimes I forget them when I'm angry or upset so I'm not able to really see things from a calm and polite perspective. I am not using this as an excuse, but I suffer from high functioning Autism (Asperger's Syndrome) and it's practically ruined my life. It makes me say and do the stupidest things when I'm not thinking straight (As you guys might have seen) and it's beyond annoying.

I've managed to overcome some aspects of it but for the most part I struggle. I really don't want to sound like an insensitive jerk. I love Bionicle and I love this site. I might not have many friends here but we're all in the same club, right? I'm not saying I won't ever mess up again, but I'll try to double check my posts to see if they are suitable for the discussion. Does that sound fair?

People might accuse me of being a 'troll' but this is not the truth. I just have a hard time interacting with people and saying things in a non offensive way. I've fought with this my whole life and it seems I'm not making much progress. Luckily, some users here have tried to assist me in this situation. From now on, if I want to express my strong opinions, I will place an 'I Think'( or a variation of that phrase) before doing so.

Thank you for understanding and please don't take anything I said before personally. I don't mean any of it. If it would make everybody feel better I could take a break for a couple of days or so and come back when I'm calm. (Personal issues notwithstanding.) Would that help?     

It's ok. :) We all make mistakes every now and then.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

If it would make everybody feel better I could take a break for a couple of days or so and come back when I'm calm. (Personal issues notwithstanding.) Would that help?     

All you need is to express your opinion in a way that is not aggressive or disrespectful of other people's right to feel differently.

I just bought the Protector of Fire yesterday to go with my Tahu, and I really like the set! He looks really tough, and his weapons are ery unique. Powered-up Tahu looks pretty awesome as well. I've noticed that since the PoF's mask is more open and is transparent at the top, his transparent light blue eyestalk can catch like significantly better than Tahu. It's still unfortunate that transparent light blue isn't fluorescent. I guess if I was to buy another set I'd buy Gali, since so many people are recommending her and my favorite color is blue. Also, PoF's gatling gun is awesome, though I wish I had an empty room where I could continually fire my collection of Lego studs without losing them under couches or beds or desks or in piles of random parts. :P That mutli-stud-launcher is so fun to play with.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Got the Master of Olympic Skiing today. (thanks VBBN)

He is pretty great, better than Lewa who I already have. I'm starting to like the winterboots he has.

The other interesting thing about him is that I got it for 19,90€. That's 5€ cheaper than other stores!

Fellow Finnish Bionicle fans, embrace Minimani as your 1st-to-go store.

• Upvote 1

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro

I need me some leaked content that goes against certain policies. 

• Upvote 3

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

OK, seeing the responses I'm getting, I've narrowed it down to

a.) Onua cuz HAVE U SEEN MAH PROFILE and playability with Lewa

b.) Gali cuz I have sisters and she's a good set, or

c.) Kopaka cuz he's been one of the coolest looking since the first leaked fotos.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

For anyone trying to decide which set to buy next, I recommend that you just make a gut decision at the last second. It's really hard to go wrong with the new Toa, and it's more fun to pluck one off of the shelves and surprise yourself!

Unless you pick Lewa. Lewa is choosing wrong. Pick literally any other Toa but Lewa. Save Lewa for if you have no other Toa to get.

you think I'm exaggerating, but for as much as it gives him a distinctive profile, Lewa's raised gearbox completely screws his upper torso over. His mask knocking off function won't even work.

Don't let nostalgia cloud your opinion of him, as your last statement suggests. Lewa was my favorite Toa of G1, but that just makes what his upper torso has become even worse to me. His mask-knocking-off game doesn't work, his head articulation is extremely limited, and honestly his mask is the ugliest of the six. I cannot in good faith recommend Lewa over any of the other Toa.

Don't let nostalgia cloud your opinion of him, as your last statement suggests. Lewa was my favorite Toa of G1, but that just makes what his upper torso has become even worse to me. His mask-knocking-off game doesn't work, his head articulation is extremely limited, and honestly his mask is the ugliest of the six. I cannot in good faith recommend Lewa over any of the other Toa.

I liked Pohatu when pretty much everybody hated him, and I'm gonna do the same for Lewa.

I recommend both figures over any other Toa.

Edited by Chasm
  • Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg