OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Old: I have an army. 

New: We have a Hulk.

Oh, wait....wrong series...

Yes, we do need Cryoshell back, they've got a good sound.

I am sorry I just had to laugh at that.
  • Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

People have been theorizing that there are multiple LoSS since the reboot began, but it would have been confirmed by now. LoSS is always referred to as singular. I think he appears in all the box covers to make it clear that he is the wave's villain, and he's after the masks.

The appearance of LoSS in the character animations is there solely for promotional purposes and also to add a larger conflict. Notice how all of the animations end pretty much the same way (Toa form weapons and jump at LoSS in slow-mo)? There are a lot of discrepancies between the character animations and the online story animations, like the lack of Protectors and the presence of LoSS but otherwise they are extremely similar. I'd say it is safe to say that the way the Toa gain their golden masks is 100% canon but the events directly following involving LoSS should be disregarded entirely. These are commercials.

-NotS

• Upvote 3

tahubanner.jpg

Guys, how do I move the Toas' heads? I have Kopaka and Lewa and both their shoulder armies are absolutely obstructive and the masks keep popping off.

Kopaka's shoulder armor shouldn't collide with the mask at all, try nudging them apart a bit. With Lewa you have to tilt the head in order to move it around, but even then it doesn't get much movement.

As for their masks popping off, it should happen less frequently once the necks loosen up. Also, hold the mask in place with one finger, and place another finger under the brain stalk when moving the head. Should hold everything together.

IetTsFQ.png

I got Kopaka and Pohatu. Some very nice figures, but there are some things I would like to say.

POHATU

Pros-

Very nice build

Nice colors

AMAZING mask

Innovative weapons

Head pop-off function works nicely

Great eye-color

Cons-

Very floppy weapons

Stiff gear system

KOPAKA

Pros-

Very tall figure

Nice, solid build

Great mask

Amazing colors

Very nice weapons

Head function

Nicely working gear function

Cons-

Hard to pose his head

His right arm can sometimes be knocked off fairly easily, despite being a very nice fit on the joint

Kind of...Boring gear function, really

He uses Tahu weapons, kind of (He uses them differently, but still)

His shield is very heavy, a bit too heavy if I'm honest

Massive shoulders cause constant mask-pop-off

TOO MUCH GOLD IN ONE PLACE

All in all, some great figures. Some issues, though, that could be fixed.

Edited by BionicMushroom

Lord of Skull Spiders: I have an army of Skull Spiders.

Tahu: We have a hulk. *points to Onua*

:P  :P  :P

• Upvote 8

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I'm gonna get Onua before too long.

I want to know one thing.

Is he fairly sturdy?

He doesn't fall apart easily, if that's what you mean. He also has okay balance, if you store the hammer handle on his back then he might fall backward, but his big feet help with that.

IetTsFQ.png

Anyone giving LoSS eight legs instead of six? I did that, and he looks 10x more threatening than before. Still the same size, just more threatening.

How'd you manage that? Do you think you could share a picture?

Yes, seeing as how the LoSS was my first set I want to see as well how it would look with 8 legs. 

Lord of Skull Spiders: I have an army of Skull Spiders.

Tahu: We have a hulk. *points to Onua*

:P  :P  :P

Yeah I don't have the Hulk Toa yet but baring him being sold out should be the next set I grab. He'll be my first 2015 Toa.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I didn't know Worf voiced Mata Nui. Time to rewatch TLR. :0 

Worf? Michael Dorn is Detective Beckett's therapist from Castle. What in Karzahni are you talking about?

Didn't you know that Mata Nui owns a counseling office? 

• Upvote 3

bZpOwEr

Got Onua and Protector of Jungle. Here are my thoughts.

ONUA

Pros

Very sturdy

Nice design

Awesome weapon

Gear system is cool

Great callback

Looks like a gorilla

Mask stays on fairly well.

Cons

Gold mask can fall off at times

No storage for hammer handle--Having him hold it in shoveler mode looks stupid

Gear system can wear down his joints, or so I've heard

POJ

Pros

Nice design

Vibrant colors

Weapon design and function

Cons

Looks potbellied and a bit silly

Can see his chin when his mask is on (All Protectors presumably have this)

I think I have only seen Mask of Light and Web of Shadows as far as Bionicle movies goes. I vaguely remember something regarding a movie or show that had a Toa character and some parasite that crawled over him and became a weapon or shield or something. Though don't remember what that was or even watching the whole thing. Been years since I'd seen any Bionicle media...

Onua.png

I think I have only seen Mask of Light and Web of Shadows as far as Bionicle movies goes. I vaguely remember something regarding a movie or show that had a Toa character and some parasite that crawled over him and became a weapon or shield or something. Though don't remember what that was or even watching the whole thing. Been years since I'd seen any Bionicle media...

That was The Legend Reborn.

• Upvote 1

cringe

Anyone giving LoSS eight legs instead of six? I did that, and he looks 10x more threatening than before. Still the same size, just more threatening.

I've got some right here. Take a look! Btw, I may have added a few more spikes...  :afro:

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

I didn't know Worf voiced Mata Nui. Time to rewatch TLR. :0 

Worf? Michael Dorn is Detective Beckett's therapist from Castle. What in Karzahni are you talking about?

Didn't you know that Mata Nui owns a counseling office? 

Yeah, of course I knew that. But I'm pretty sure his name wasn't Worf.

Wait, Castle wasn't his most famous role? Star Fleck? No, Star Trek? Hm... 

OH! Is that the one where Captain Picard is in charge of the Enterprise-D and there's a robot and a sorta-kinda-maybe blind guy and a telepath and he says "Shut up, Wesley" to Wil Wheaton and it's infinitely better than TOS, DS9 and Voyager but is tied with Enterprise?

Never heard of it before.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I've got some right here. Take a look! Btw, I may have added a few more spikes...  :afro:

Oh Sh*** - Sorry, I mean "by Mata-Nui" that looks cool. I want now. Care to partake of your knowledge in how you did it? I really like the extended thorax look you have there. The extra spikes are a good look, and almost did that with the extra ones I have, even if they are not in the instructions...

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png

I say its doing pretty well. They sold out on S@H on the first day of being available.

They didn't, it just said that for a few hours after they were listed. Apparently it happens often when new sets are released.

My TRU did sell out after a couple days, I showed up Jan 2nd and practically everything was sold. Just 1 Lewa, a few Protectors, and a bunch of empty space.

IetTsFQ.png

Bionicles didn't get sold out on the site. It just glitched-out.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg