OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

It even says that the Protectors themselves were the ones that 'carved out' the boarders of the different regions with their own elemental powers. Meaning there can only be 6 of 'em.

Yeah not sure how the Protectors carving out their respective regions translates to "Only 6 Protectors" Though while I hate to admit it. Seems the Bionicle.com site is against me. They have done some edits to the pages there and... anyway. Darn website is killing my argument... :( cannot find a viable loophole to bring reasonable doubt to the concept of more than one Protector...

Oh I got one... the site has some grammar errors like they have in the past... Yeah that's it... :P

You passed "reasonable doubt" before you started arguing, honestly. Invoking past typos doesn't really make any kind of case for an entire section being false.

• Upvote 2

It even says that the Protectors themselves were the ones that 'carved out' the boarders of the different regions with their own elemental powers. Meaning there can only be 6 of 'em.

Yeah not sure how the Protectors carving out their respective regions translates to "Only 6 Protectors" Though while I hate to admit it. Seems the Bionicle.com site is against me. They have done some edits to the pages there and... anyway. Darn website is killing my argument... :( cannot find a viable loophole to bring reasonable doubt to the concept of more than one Protector...

Oh I got one... the site has some grammar errors like they have in the past... Yeah that's it... :P

Maybe I should've explained my statement first...Oh well.

Lets do the math: 6 boarders + 6 regions = 6 Protectors for each corresponding region. (Illuminati confirmed)

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

You passed "reasonable doubt" before you started arguing, honestly. Invoking past typos doesn't really make any kind of case for an entire section being false.

Yeah it was worth a shot. and I know you are loving this... quite gloating over there... snot funny. :(

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Yeah it was worth a shot. and I know you are loving this... quite gloating over there... snot funny. :(

I'm not trying to gloat, so I apologize if I'm giving that impression. I have no strong personal stakes in the argument, and I'm rarely one to gloat. I just wanted to emphasize that it was always an argument based on strong desire rather than any sort of rational evidence.

I'll throw another two cents in.

There are only 6 Protectors, they are the leaders, they AREN'T elders.

Think less this;

GDeichmann-Australia1638.jpg

and more this:

benny-wenda-1_screen.jpg

The top guy is an elder, the bottom guy is a leader. They're both in charge of their respective tribe, but in different ways and for different reasons.

• Upvote 8

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

In Webisode 6, they said Earth showing Pohatu and Stone showing Onua. How they do that :/

Some have theorised the makers were playing on how fans confuse the two elements, but I think it's likely the makers themselves had them confused.

Well, assuming this was the writer's fault it's either a joke that wasn't found funny by most of the community, lazy writing or a joke done in the wrong circumstances and without clear enough indication that it was a joke. If it was a joke, something like "Bah! Pohatu and Onua are so similar, it's a wonder people don't get their elements mixed up!" would probably have been better. It could be worse, though. Could be a lot worse.

Really though, it was probably the fault of someone on the storyboarding/animation team, writers rarely have any influence on the way a scene is laid out. Stuff like this happens in NINJAGO all the time with the random swapping of ninja suits and voices every now and again, so it's not unlikely that they're going to make a continuity error. At least it's clearly a mistake, and not an outright lore-breaking retcon that's going to make everyone confused.

• Upvote 2

I'm still going with what I said previously:

Just watched the two episodes I hadn't seen, and the earth/stone mixup doesn't bother me all that much relatively speaking.  This time it was just a matter of the audio order not matching the video order in a list.  Not nearly as bad as in the Voya Nui Online Game, where every earth/stone instance had their names swapped.

I don't think it was an intentional joke, but rather another mix-up of two similarly-themed elements.  In this case, though, it isn't a pervasive error throughout the entire medium, but a single instance of two words accidentally being swapped.  Probably as a result of multiple people working on the same project and simply not matching things up entirely correct.

• Upvote 5

OpAXNpl.jpg

I'm still going with what I said previously:

Just watched the two episodes I hadn't seen, and the earth/stone mixup doesn't bother me all that much relatively speaking.  This time it was just a matter of the audio order not matching the video order in a list.  Not nearly as bad as in the Voya Nui Online Game, where every earth/stone instance had their names swapped.

I don't think it was an intentional joke, but rather another mix-up of two similarly-themed elements.  In this case, though, it isn't a pervasive error throughout the entire medium, but a single instance of two words accidentally being swapped.  Probably as a result of multiple people working on the same project and simply not matching things up entirely correct.

Yeah, seems to me like a simple mix-up — somebody in the voice department or the animation department could have decided to switch the order of the characters' appearances but the other department never received instructions to do the same.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

This might not belong here, or may have been said before and I missed it, but could someone link me to the quiz this, http://biosector01.com/images/quiz/Tahu.png, is from? I can't seem to find it on BS01.

Here's the BZP topic, which has a link to the BS01 quiz.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

There's been almost no immersion in the new island. We barely know the culture, relations between tribes, or any names of anyone. It's just Skull Spiders! Gold Masks! Fighting! It started really promising in the first animated video where it showed villagers of different colors hanging out together, cities and structures, stuff, things. The only thing they're giving us is a 1 minute clip every three weeks.

Edited by bioniclepluslotr
  • Upvote 4

All this no info/story slog is making me mad at everyone.

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher
  • Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Oh boy, the story-hunger zombies are back. "Moooree stoooryyyy. Moooree stoooryyyy."

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Can you blame us though? I mean come on. Seems like there is little depth in this one thus far. I know we are still only in month 3 but come on. Seems like they are starving us....

*Prepares the Thriller dance with fellow story zombies.*

• Upvote 2

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

What are people expecting? Die-hard fans are going to lap stuff up in an instant, many people already have all the Toa they intend to buy and it's no secret what happens in episode 9. Absolutely zero is really going on in the plot, and there's almost no rewatching value in the shorts because they're so simplified and short that there's nothing to speculate on that hasn't already been speculated. For a reboot of a story-based line, there's not a lot of meat to chew on.

Also LEGO's communication between media teams is utter garbage. That's undeniable when an entire season of NINJAGO was uploaded by Cartoon Network (and promptly pirated) and when LEGO themselves upload the rest of BIONICLE's minisodes. And if it wasn't a mistake to release them, they wouldn't have been taken down.

• Upvote 2

What are people expecting?

They're expecting that the story team will get it's act together and put out something a tad more interesting. They are vainly hoping that their complaints are noticed & that things changed. People are being illogical here, emotional outlets are good. Even if they are about a childrens' toy-line not having a story as nuanced as The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

Now in the mean time I'm going to be a smart zombie & eat everything; you only heal what you eat, brains are good start so you remember this, & sometimes you pick up some delicious stories.

Yes TLG is garbage at managing their media period.

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I'm literally about to sue Lego if they don't give us more story.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So be patient, it's not like the wait will kill you. The story zombies might shrivel up, but zombies have no life anyway. :P

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

So be patient, it's not like the wait will kill you. The story zombies might shrivel up, but zombies have no life anyway. :P

What is that supposed to mean? Lol.

Oh, and Episode 7 has been released in English: 

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher
  • Upvote 5

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Early much? Still, really enjoyed the episode (again). The animation is awesome and it's just so great to see the Toa interact with each other. But I will admit that the dialogue was pretty shoddy this time around. And I don't feel like there is enough variation between the voices - only Pohatu and Onua really stand out. I feel there is an attempt with Gali, but Lewa, Kopaka and Tahu all sound extremely similar. I felt the Italian narration was more expressive.

So great that we are getting graphic novels later this year! :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Early much? Still, really enjoyed the episode (again). The animation is awesome and it's just so great to see the Toa interact with each other. But I will admit that the dialogue was pretty shoddy this time around. And I don't feel like there is enough variation between the voices - only Pohatu and Onua really stand out. I feel there is an attempt with Gali, but Lewa, Kopaka and Tahu all sound extremely similar. I felt the Italian narration was more expressive.

So great that we are getting graphic novels later this year! :)

-NotS

I agree. I feel like the narrator could have tried just a little harder to give some of the other Toa some form of expressiveness. I liked the episode, but I would have enjoyed it more if the narrator stuck with the same tone as with the promotional videos, where he at least tried to make the Toa stand out from one another.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Pretty cool episode for its length!

I'm excited about the graphic novels though. I'm wondering what art style will be used. The one used in the mini movies? The one's used in those simple comics that some people got? Some other style, perhaps more detailed/accurate?

BTW, just took the Bionicle quiz everyone's been taking. I'm Gali!

Edited by Banana Gunz

Zombies are undead, shambling corpses. They aren't alive, therefore have no life. It is also a minor bit of snark in that if you're making such a row about not having story for a toyline, you probably don't have much else to fill your time between now and then.

Zombies are undead, shambling corpses. They aren't alive, therefore have no life. It is also a minor bit of snark in that if you're making such a row about not having story for a toyline, you probably don't have much else to fill your time between now and then.

no u

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

no u

I'm sorry, but what? Isn't there a minimum word limit on his forum? And honestly, it was a harmless tease, and joke.

FINALLY the other toa show up! Am I the only one who's worried that they're doing that hippie thing they did with the gorillas in *shudders* the chima show (specifically to Onua). 

If they were, I wouldn't complain. The gorillas and ravens were some of the most interesting and hilarious characters in the episodes I've seen (just the first three).

• Upvote 1

FINALLY the other toa show up! Am I the only one who's worried that they're doing that hippie thing they did with the gorillas in *shudders* the chima show (specifically to Onua). 

If they were, I wouldn't complain. The gorillas and ravens were some of the most interesting and hilarious characters in the episodes I've seen (just the first three).

I agree. It'll be interesting to see how things turn out after the next couple of episodes.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg