OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Has there been any word on the 14k Mask of Creation? Would be cool if they made another Moc contest for it, except this time you'd have to build a good guy. :P

While that would be cool, I believe DeeVee has confirmed that the remaining mask giveaways will not be through building contests. An art contest might be cool...

Matoro appearing to use his Akaku (the reason that eyepieces are now confirmed by canon to be add-ons)

Technically he isn't using its power, because that's x-ray vision and he's only shown zooming in (though there's no explanation for how he does that). Matoran definitely aren't shown using mask powers at any other point.

I know he's not. That was literally my point.

Furthermore, there is a canon explanation for how he did that. Reread the bolded part of my post.

• Upvote 1

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

know he's not. That was literally my point.

I know you know. :P I was just making it clear that the ability he uses isn't the mask's actual one, which isn't something your post stated.

Furthermore, there is a canon explanation for how he did that. Reread the bolded part of my post.

I meant there's no explanation within the game itself. One did need to be provided, given that we never see the Akaku's actual power used and someone might mistake what Matoro did for it, which would also break the rule that Matoran can't use masks.

It might've been better if the clip had left out the zooming and just had him peering into the distance.

I wonder why a joke news story hasnt been put up yet.

Yeah, for shame BZPower, for shame! 

I know, I was disappointed. Eurobricks still did something at least.

• Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I believe the answer is that there is no leader, they are a team of equals. I still vote for Onua though.

Primus inter pares has a funny way of ending up in these things... A leader isn't necessarily more equal than others ... reality just tends to ...drift that way ;)

(Besides, isn't a 'fight' over who should be leader a primary drama piece? Learning how to work together etc. etc.)

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

In the description it says "but who will be their leader?" I don't believe that was ever answered. 

I believe the answer is that there is no leader, they are a team of equals. I still vote for Onua though.

They just said working together, not sure if that's the same as equality. I vote for Lewa. 

It's time to move on.

My goodness, LEGO, I see, is having trouble with entries. Some are not even being counted. (Including mine D:)

According to LEGO they can take up to 48 hours to appear in the public gallery (maybe longer if there are delays on their end), but that doesn't mean they're not entered.

Those Easter eggs are beautiful. It is odd that Lewa and Kopaka's are the only ones that are 'upright'. I want those pedestals too.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Quick question, (I'm pretty new to bionicle), does the G1 Makuta have anything to do with the G2 Mask-maker Makuta?

Well, they have to do with one another insofar as the new Makuta is in fact meant to be a new take on the classic character (just like the Toa themselves). But it's not like they're canonically linked or anything like that.

I still find the new Makuta's relationship with Ekimu fascinating. While Makuta is pretty much the same as far as his characterization and motivations (a patriarch of the villagers, whose jealousy and lust for power drove him to betray them and his trusted partner), Ekimu isn't Mata Nui, or Artakha, or any previous character. If anything, Ekimu is closest to how the G1 Makuta perceived Mata Nui—only this time, Ekimu is Makuta's actual equal, instead of only being perceived as such due to the G1 Makuta's delusions of grandeur.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Upon seeing that Easter pic with the Toa on the Rapa Nui-esque island, I wonder if there is more concept art akin to it? It's similar in style to that "Journey Begins" keyart. Really like it, would like to see more.

Also, the Gali BTS video was great, hope to see them cover the rest of the Toa! 

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

I'm just hoping the story will pick up more in the second half of the year.

Indubitably it will. The Winter story is, after all, an appetizer, setting up the main course. The Toa are introduced, meet the Protectors, unlock their powers, and defeat the being preventing them from entering the Ancient City. Then the Summer story happens.

• Upvote 2

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Kopaka and Protector of Ice's video is up on Bionicle.com!

Also, from the Bionicle Facebook page:

easter.jpg

Happy Easter!

-NotS

I wish those were real easter eggs, maybe next year if bonkle becomes popular enough... 

Hey I just realized something, those are the same stands the golden masks (the ones actually made of gold) come on, do you think maybe these eggs come with the masks (they do look like plastic after all)? 

It's time to move on.

Besides, you can have the stands made from Shapeways.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Eh, I just used my Portal of Power from my Skylander's game as a Mask shrine in my Video. Works really well and has tribal like markings on it that could work in Okoto. Until we get actual language or whatever...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png