OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I was at a Wal-Mart earlier , and I saw this display on, well, display. (woo for terrible photography) I've never seen it before, nor do I think I've even heard about it? Anyway, it was pretty cool. The interesting part I think is that that's the combiner model, not just the powered-up form. So that's, well, something I guess. Though, clearly not fully the combo model? He had the powered up hand weapons, for one thing...

I saw that at my Wal-mart too! I really wanted to buy it from the store.

• Upvote 1

Nightmare+fuel+dwight+so+i+found+this+gi

Yeah that is a really small picture. Had to zoom in 300% just to tell it was two Tahu, one in Power-up mode, and a Protector of Fire. It is good to see a Display of some kind at a Walmart. I have not seen a decent display at a Walmart for years. Target on the other hand has several Lego displays. My closest one anyway.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Yeah that is a really small picture. Had to zoom in 300% just to tell it was two Tahu, one in Power-up mode, and a Protector of Fire. It is good to see a Display of some kind at a Walmart. I have not seen a decent display at a Walmart for years. Target on the other hand has several Lego displays. My closest one anyway.

My phone is old and terrible and apparently its photos don't care to be visible. :/

I also can't remember seeing any cool displays at a Wal-Mart in a while. At the same time, I don't really go to Wal-Mart, so I wouldn't know. Other places do have them, but...I don't think I've seen any constraction displays anywhere (except for Lego stores) in years...

AXKP5KC.png

I was at a Wal-Mart earlier , and I saw this display on, well, display. (woo for terrible photography) I've never seen it before, nor do I think I've even heard about it? Anyway, it was pretty cool. The interesting part I think is that that's the combiner model, not just the powered-up form. So that's, well, something I guess. Though, clearly not fully the combo model? He had the powered up hand weapons, for one thing...

I can't picture my local Wal-Mart putting up a display this cool. :P

Joking aside, this is really cool. I wonder if other Wal-Marts or other stores are doing the same thing with the other Toa and Protectors. It would be really cool to see them in displays like this.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

In reference to my previous challenge, I'd like to clarify it thusly:

The Zero Suit Masters Challenge

If the Masters wore armour like Samus Aran from Metroid, what would their 'Zero Suits' be? In essence, draw or describe the new Toa as if their set forms were them wearing very advanced armour.

slips this in here

(let's pretend onua is there.)

Yeah how about no.....

If the Masters wore armour like Samus Aran from Metroid, what would their 'Zero Suits' be? In essence, draw or describe the new Toa as if their set forms were them wearing very advanced armour.

slips this in here

Yeah how about no.....

Why not? Don't you know sacred cows make the best steaks?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I was just at Walmart an hour ago to buy LoSS and I saw the same exact thing! It was a pleasant surprise for sure. I usually only see these kind of displays at Target. They also had a display of the full line up of current Ninjago minifigs.

Edited by ToaDraco

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I really need to check all my local Walmarts. We have 4 that I know of, not including the new express stores. But that do not sell non-food that I know of.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

So now that I have LoSS built, I must say I like him more than I thought I would. The build was fun and very reminiscent of the 01' Rahi. Although he doesn't have much poseability, I'm ok with it, besides posing a creature with more than 4 legs is kind of a pain anyway. I would've preferred if he was a $20 set so he could be fleshed out in some areas but overall he is a good set and I really hope we get more Rahi builds in the future. Or at least more Rahi-like creatures.

• Upvote 3

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

slips this in here

Yeah how about no.....

Why not? Don't you know sacred cows make the best steaks?

I just dislike it.

No not that, I already know about rule 63. I meant the look of them, especially Onua and Pohatu.

(are you, uh, referring to the picture i posted up there? if so, may i ask what came across as disturbing to you? feedback would help me for future endeavors.)

also, that Tahu display is pretty neat, seeing Bionicle displays like that takes me back.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I wonder if Biotube is going to return to the way it was, minus the flame-war stuff. I've seen some Bio2015 mocs pop up here and there, but it still seems sluggish as ever. 

I'm thinking the same thing, most of us older fans are in our mid teens to early adult years and now have other responsibilities, so I'm really not sure what will happen to it. Although I am thinking about starting up a bionicle based youtube soon so maybe that'll help. 

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

1. I need to go check out my WalMart now. :P

2. As for my summer sets, I'm probably just going to buy Skull Slicer. I know, I know, but I don't yet have a disposable income I can throw at Bonkles. I'll just beg and plead to get Ekimu vs. Skull Mahn and Greivous for my day of birth celebration.

• Upvote 2

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I wanna try my hand at some stop-motion, but I dunno if I can do it with iPhone and a ###### chromebook.  :begging:

It takes a long time. , even the 15 second animations on my channel took me at least 99% of my school night. But I encourage you to get into stop motion! Though who am I to talk, I suck. XD

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

It scares me when the very people designing the sets, build the sets wrong (leg plate on Tahu) and use the wrong terminology for parts. Seriously? Mask of Tahu? Wouldn't it sound less dorky just to call it what it is and say "Mask of Fire"? Sheesh. How corny can you get? Also, the second prototype mask with the longer eye holes would have been a lot better. The one we have now has small weird round ones. 

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

It scares me when the very people designing the sets, build the sets wrong (leg plate on Tahu) and use the wrong terminology for parts. Seriously? Mask of Tahu? Wouldn't it sound less dorky just to call it what it is and say "Mask of Fire"? Sheesh. How corny can you get? Also, the second prototype mask with the longer eye holes would have been a lot better. The one we have now has small weird round ones. 

"Mask of Tahu" is pretty much just a slightly-awkward way of saying "Tahu's mask" so I don't see how that's necessarily the wrong terminology.

• Upvote 2

"Mask of Tahu" is pretty much just a slightly-awkward way of saying "Tahu's mask" so I don't see how that's necessarily the wrong terminology.

I know, I know. It's just a minor pet peeve of mine. I like everyone to use proper 'canon' terminology for everything and truthfully, I get really condescending about it. I don't mean to, it just kind of happens. It's like when people call a game console a "Nintendo" or "Playstation" instead of saying its exact name. That just bothers me to an extreme. "IT'S NOT A GAMEBOY. THOSE WERE DISCONTINUED YEARS AGO. IS IT REALLY THAT HARD TO LOOK SOMETHING UP AND BECOME AN INTELLIGENT AND INFORMED HUMAN BEING?" < That right there is my thought process. I'm terrible.  :P

• Upvote 1

So do you think BioTube will return to what it was?

No, not at least how it was. If Hero Factory was any indicator, it'll probably grow very little. A lot of the veterans don't like CCBS, which is a contributing factor. 

Nightmare+fuel+dwight+so+i+found+this+gi

I think he was going to say "Mask of Fire" but since he was talking about Tahu so much he just said "Tahu" instead of "fire".  Not really important, and still correct, so they probably didn't feel it was necessary to do the take again just to fix one word.

As for the large mask, I wouldn't be surprised if that actually was a product.  Masks are a big theme this year (as they were in 2001) so a Tahu mask or Tahu costume seems rather likely.  Themes like Ninjago got plenty of large foam weapon toys, and Gen1 BIONICLE had its fair share of props, so I suspect we'll be seeing something like that as Halloween draws near.

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

So do you think BioTube will return to what it was?

Nope, as long there are people who are still making Rahkshi headed MOCs and nuva boob MOCs (and find it "sexy", thanks BioRock for making this happened), sugarcoating on every bad MOC and more...         no, no it won't.

And this is the story why I am staying at both the ranting and commentary community part of youtube.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

The Mask of Stone looks similar enough to the Great Huna that using the gold variation allows for some pretty cool Vakama MOCs. 

What similarities are you seeing?  They look very different to me.

Both have a dome-like shaped upper portion, both branch out in width when going towards the mouth area, both have eye holes with a more triangular-pointy look, both have similar styled patterns on the dome part of their masks which have an aerodynamic/futuristic sort of feel that's associated with a lot of Metru Nui designs. In the end, it's not hard to imagine The Mask of Stone in its golden form as an updated G2 version of the Huna.

The Mask of Stone looks similar enough to the Great Huna that using the gold variation allows for some pretty cool Vakama MOCs. 

Both have a dome-like shaped upper portion, both branch out in width when going towards the mouth area, both have eye holes with a more triangular-pointy look, both have similar styled patterns on the dome part of their masks which have an aerodynamic/futuristic sort of feel that's associated with a lot of Metru Nui designs. In the end, it's not hard to imagine The Mask of Stone in its golden form as an updated G2 version of the Huna.

Yep- dome shaped.

cringe

Huh, I guess I just don't see it then.  The most I see is the part with the pattern on the forehead.  To me, the Huna has probably the most distinct eye shapes of all the masks, with the way the holes are joined with a slit, so I don't really see the eye resemblance, and the mouth on the Huna sticks out past the cheeks while the vents on the Mask of Stone go past the mouth in a way that reminds me more of the Great Ruru.

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

Huh, I guess I just don't see it then.  The most I see is the part with the pattern on the forehead.  To me, the Huna has probably the most distinct eye shapes of all the masks, with the way the holes are joined with a slit, so I don't really see the eye resemblance, and the mouth on the Huna sticks out past the cheeks while the vents on the Mask of Stone go past the mouth in a way that reminds me more of the Great Ruru.

Hahaha, maybe I'm just subjecting what I wish for it to be onto the design. The Great Huna is truthfully my favorite mask, and I'd love for it to come back in some form for G2. Since Vakama is my favorite character tied with Lewa, I decided to MOC him and to me, the MoS looked pretty close to a modified Huna. :P

Oh great, now all I'm going to see in my MOC is Pohatu. That's why I don't like using these masks, because they were all designed specifically to embody the character that wears them in the story, and weren't made to be worn by anyone who picks them up like masks were in '01. Seriously, I tried to make a Likhan MOC... all I saw was TAHU. I give them totally different body builds and color schemes in a vain hope they'll look like their own character... nope. Doesn't work like that.