OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Happy 4th of July! Over on Facebook, The LEGO Bionicle team has graced us with a spectacular concept art piece of Gali :o

https://www.facebook.com/LEGOBionicle/photos/a.1504160079825070.1073741828.1472651449642600/1610380692536341/?type=1&theater

I hope we get a Bionicle art book one day, with lots of artwork like this! Matt Betteker (those are his initials in the corner) has created so much amazing art for just this year alone! In the meantime, I hope the LEGO Bionicle Facebook page continues to share more of this kind of artwork in the months to come. :)

I don't think Bionicle will ever get an art book, as I don't even know if there are any LEGO artbooks. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Happy 4th of July! Over on Facebook, The LEGO Bionicle team has graced us with a spectacular concept art piece of Gali :o

https://www.facebook.com/LEGOBionicle/photos/a.1504160079825070.1073741828.1472651449642600/1610380692536341/?type=1&theater

I hope we get a Bionicle art book one day, with lots of artwork like this! Matt Betteker (those are his initials in the corner) has created so much amazing art for just this year alone! In the meantime, I hope the LEGO Bionicle Facebook page continues to share more of this kind of artwork in the months to come. :)

I don't think Bionicle will ever get an art book, as I don't even know if there are any LEGO artbooks.

Who knows? There's a first for everything. I would think that if any Lego theme were to get an artbook, it'd be Bionicle.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

As cool as the mask is, I've never been a fan of exclusives like that. It makes collecting a chore, and I was really hoping it wouldn't go that way. The clear hau is already expensive enough, and I don't even want to consider what people are charging for the trans-blue Gali mask.

I mean the concept is cool and all the better to Comic-Con attendees, but to the average person who can't go to all those events it gets kind of boring. Interesting choice that it's Skull Scorpio's mask though, I wonder if it'll have storyline significance?

• Upvote 2

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

As cool as the mask is, I've never been a fan of exclusives like that. It makes collecting a chore, and I was really hoping it wouldn't go that way. The clear hau is already expensive enough, and I don't even want to consider what people are charging for the trans-blue Gali mask.

I mean the concept is cool and all the better to Comic-Con attendees, but to the average person who can't go to all those events it gets kind of boring. Interesting choice that it's Skull Scorpio's mask though, I wonder if it'll have storyline significance?

I think it makes it more interesting and fun, you have to scout around on ebay and stuff to find the best deal. A chore would be having to buy a minimum 48 krana packs (with no dupes) to get a full set, or however many mask packs you'd need to buy to get all of the 2001 and 02 kanohi, not including all of the weird and strange exclusive stuff that G1 had. (Who puts a collectable with a shoe? I mean seriously). But to each their own, I guess.

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

I think it makes it more interesting and fun, you have to scout around on ebay and stuff to find the best deal.

"Oh cool this one's only $500."
Well you uhh... see that when... erm... when there's a mask that hmm...

Yeah I got nothing. Still think that it's better than having to buy blind bags on that scale though. You know what, who am I kidding, I would LOVE to get something cool with my shoes.

Edited by steelviper77

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

I love that mask, too bad I'll never see it, let alone get it. I really hate exclusive stuff like this. It alienates fans and encourages price scalping.

• Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Yeah I'm with the pohatu crowd. He finally looks as tough as he always should have. His new kakama is incredibly intimidating looking and his physique makes him look like a fast warrior. He's supposed to be the toa of stone, not pebbles. At first lewa was my favorite from the winter wave, but it quickly became pohatu. His posing capabilities are unmatched and unhindered by extra add-ons. I do greatly appreciate the add-ons the other toa have, it gives them character and individuality, but when it comes to posing and playing it usually all just gets in the way or falls off. With pohatu, there's none of that.

As far as the summer wave, I for one still love skull Scorpio, and I do partially agree that MMvsSG is the best set of the year, maybe for the MoCr alone. 

I know this is just my opinion, but I think Pohatu's 2015 mask is his second worst (ahead of the Nuva version). It's got tiny, slanted eyeholes where the eyes are hardly visible through them, and a fake vent on the top. The general design feels like a watered down, safer version of the 2008 Pohatu/Photok masks, and the shape makes him look too childish compared to the other toa. 

Skorpio beats Takadox to become creepiest Bionicle set that I've seen. I'm not really interested in buying him though, because of the awkward look and the only piece that I particularly like about the set is the mask.

I just wish it came with more gears and blue pins to add friction. It's an incredibly easy fix of course that doesn't alter the appearance or build of the set in really any way, but I wish they came optional in the set and that I didn't have to order more to get his arm steady.

I doubt a couple more friction pins would make the arms properly stable - a ball and socket connection would work better.

I love that mask, too bad I'll never see it, let alone get it. I really hate exclusive stuff like this. It alienates fans and encourages price scalping.

That's one of the worst things, in my opinion. Scalpers ruin trying to collect anything, and man do people like doing that with Lego sets. It was really bad when collectible minifigures came out, and it just happens with anything. Like amiibo, if people are familiar with that whole debacle.

To be honest I'd almost enjoy blindbag stuff just for the sheer fun it is. Like yeah, it's a waste of money but at least you have fun. It's never really fun debating on dropping $40 on a single mask, but that's just me.

Neat masks though! It's cool we have people in the community who get them so we can still get pics and stuff rather than whatever supplemental images Lego shows us.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

Yeah I'm with the pohatu crowd. He finally looks as tough as he always should have. His new kakama is incredibly intimidating looking and his physique makes him look like a fast warrior. He's supposed to be the toa of stone, not pebbles. At first lewa was my favorite from the winter wave, but it quickly became pohatu. His posing capabilities are unmatched and unhindered by extra add-ons. I do greatly appreciate the add-ons the other toa have, it gives them character and individuality, but when it comes to posing and playing it usually all just gets in the way or falls off. With pohatu, there's none of that.

As far as the summer wave, I for one still love skull Scorpio, and I do partially agree that MMvsSG is the best set of the year, maybe for the MoCr alone.

I know this is just my opinion, but I think Pohatu's 2015 mask is his second worst (ahead of the Nuva version). It's got tiny, slanted eyeholes where the eyes are hardly visible through them, and a fake vent on the top. The general design feels like a watered down, safer version of the 2008 Pohatu/Photok masks, and the shape makes him look too childish compared to the other toa.

I completely agree actually, I personally don't like his mask but still love the set

Edited by Trizzlerz

Skorpio beats Takadox to become creepiest Bionicle set that I've seen. I'm not really interested in buying him though, because of the awkward look and the only piece that I particularly like about the set is the mask.

I just wish it came with more gears and blue pins to add friction. It's an incredibly easy fix of course that doesn't alter the appearance or build of the set in really any way, but I wish they came optional in the set and that I didn't have to order more to get his arm steady.

I doubt a couple more friction pins would make the arms properly stable - a ball and socket connection would work better.

I think his mask is very resemblent of the original kakama. His eyes were just narrow slits that didn't allow you to see much of the eyestalk back then either.

And as far as the pins it actually does work perfectly. I posted that meaning that I had already added pins and gears in order to fix it, and it fixes it perfectly. If you don't believe me, go watch the video jang posted.

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

I think his mask is very resemblent of the original kakama. His eyes were just narrow slits that didn't allow you to see much of the eyestalk back then either.

So I did a comparision and the original Kakama has eye holes that are around double the size of the new mask's eye holes. When on the head, the old mask's visible eye area is around 1.5 times bigger. I didn't like the original Kakama much either; I think it's the weakest of the 6 Mata masks and like the AA Rockoh T3 version the best. The lighting of the eyestalk with the mask is a bigger though - it's quite a lot weaker than the other masks and the blue eyestalk is dim even when held very close to a light.

So I did a comparision and the original Kakama has eye holes that are around double the size of the new mask's eye holes. When on the head, the old mask's visible eye area is around 1.5 times bigger. I didn't like the original Kakama much either; I think it's the weakest of the 6 Mata masks and like the AA Rockoh T3 version the best. The lighting of the eyestalk with the mask is a bigger though - it's quite a lot weaker than the other masks and the blue eyestalk is dim even when held very close to a light.

I'm not saying the dimensions are the exact same, but when i look at the new mask of stone, I see a kakama.  When I look at the new mask of fire, I see a hau.  The point of the new masks was to resemble their predecessor, but make it something new and original.  I think the new mask of stone did this very well.  That's all I'm really trying to say.  I'm glad its different than the original, the last thing I would have wanted would be for the new masks to be clones of the old ones.  I think the new mask of stone captured the sharp and vent filled look of the original kakama.  The eyes are narrow and sharp, the cheeks are large, the forehead is sloped.  It bears a lot of similarity to the original.  

• Upvote 4

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

Does anyone know if any release dates have been confirmed for the summer sets in Europe?

July 1st for the UK, France, and Germany. I don't know for other European countries, but I'd assume they'd arrive soon. The US officially releases tehm August 1st, but it's likely we'll be getting some in the next few weeks.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

So, I'm not sure if you already all knew this, but the magazine says that Skull Slicer is under the control of LoSS, who is a member of the Skull Gang. 

Just FYI

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

LoSS never lost his spirit.

Edited by Minty Green

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

LoSS been FouND

Lord of Skull Spiders is reborn as Fikou of ultimate New Destiny

Winner of the Bionicle Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny, and defeater of such valiant champions as Chuck Norik. All hail.

~B~

• Upvote 4

I have MM vs Skull Grinder now, and I must say that my biggest highlight of the set, which contests the traditional opinion on this particular one, is Skull Grinder. He looks amazing and terrifyingly evil compared to last BIONICLE villains. I'd even jump out on a limb and say he's the best we've had. The gaps look strangely appealing, which is something I never thought I'd say. On a separate note, Ekimu's eye stalk doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. All in all, this set was worth the price to me.

• Upvote 5

So many LoSS puns... so many...

Also, it looks like the LEGO Magazine team can never get their Bonkles straight. Lewa's eye-piece is a darker green, his wingblades are backwards, the Skull Slicer's hookblade is missing the chain... and that's all I could I find in the dead of night, half-asleep. :P

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

So many LoSS puns... so many...

Also, it looks like the LEGO Magazine team can never get their Bonkles straight. Lewa's eye-piece is a darker green, his wingblades are backwards, the Skull Slicer's hookblade is missing the chain... and that's all I could I find in the dead of night, half-asleep. :P

Actually, they've put his wings like that in the summer commercial too. I prefer it because that's how they're positioned when he flies in the animations, which looks a lot better than the actual way. Wings/Gliders > Flaps

Edit: Switched heads with the PoS, Ekimu definitely looks a lot better with blue eyes. I can understand them not wanting too much trans blue so that the eyes stand out, but blue eyes really do fit his character and the MoC a lot better.

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

Apparently, someone went too Legoland California yesterday and saw the summer wave. 

Still waiting for comfirmation, though.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

It was nice, seeing a precense of BIONICLE in SDCC. One of the first things you see when heading in mass towards the LEGO booth to purchase the Action Comics 1 set is a large display showcasing Tahu and Ekimu fighting Kulta. All the summer sets were available for sale (so I bought all of them), and they were handing out a free poster of said display, with a 2015 checklist on the back (I picked up six, and are probably going to sell them with the Skull Scorpio mask, when my posse attempts to get them). It was really cool.

• Upvote 2

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png