OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Why is anybody annoyed by the gap in Skull Grinder's armor? If anything, I think sticking it out like they have makes it look more like a REAL ribcage.

Anyway... I now have all of the summer sets.

I love them.

Yes, even Skorpio.

And Ekimu is AMAZING.

• Upvote 2

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Why is anybody annoyed by the gap in Skull Grinder's armor? If anything, I think sticking it out like they have makes it look more like a REAL ribcage.

If your ribcage has an enormous gap on each side, please see your doctor.

I'm just referring to the way it juts out of the front from the spine. They can only do so much.

As for Logan... what would we do without you?

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 1

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I checked Wal-Mart today, but there were no new figures in. Is it the same for Canada when they said that the figures will be available on August 1st?

Edited by General Scales

kudley_sig_2.png

Big time Kudley fan, forever T.U.F.F. Puppy fan!

I'm mostly known as FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on other websites, but here, I'm usually known as General Scales!

Just finished building all the Skull guys (took about two hours). Basher is SO COOL, he's absolutely my favorite (as he has been since I first saw the preliminary photos :P). Warrior is also a lot of fun to pose, and looks awesome, I'll say those two are my favorites.

If you're unsure whether or not you want the summer sets...Buy them. Buy all of them, right now.

• Upvote 2

IetTsFQ.png

I find Skull Basher to be rather difficult, function-wise.  The combination of the fast swinging motion, unreinforced arms, and heavy weapons makes the function inconsistent.  The blades get stuck on each other or on his horns too easily.  The function also seems really loose, so there's a lot of unintentional movement and he can't really hold a pose that well.  Also the way his shoulder armor is positioned means the shoulder joints slowly get forced off of the mechanism after repeated use, which bothers the heck out of me.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Just got all of the new wave today, there were a ton of people at my local Lego store. Got the free Pirate set (really neat box, haven't opened it though), and the cashier was really nice and everything.

But man, I didn't expect to be so impressed! The sets look really neat, and I love all the translucent parts, they really make them look colorful. The gunmetal and pearl-silver also look nice and make them all look fairly cohesive. Even Skull Scorpio looks pretty cool next to the rest of them, and despite what a lot of people seem to think, I like the set. Kind of wish they used trans-yellow versus trans-neon-green, but it's a nitpick.

Small comments though, I kind of wish a little more trans-purple was used of Basher, and I would have liked Warrior to look a little more neat (very prone to looking awkward when being posed due in part to how all of their limbs are built differently. Warrior also feels a little unarmored to me, although that's kind of to be expected since archers aren't heavily armored.

Still, overall I think the line is a lot better than I thought it would be. It's interesting to see how the reactions have changed since Toy Fair (disappointment on my part, but a lot of excitement now, especially that I own them). Overall, definitely a good purchase, although I did end up dropping around $95 with taxes.

Edited by T.B.O.C
  • Upvote 2

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

So, what is this?

Is this golden Skull Warrior mask real?

Haha, wasn't expecting anymore surprise collectibles this year. That's sort of an odd choice considering the general theme of the exclusive masks so far has been 'transparent version of existing mask'.

Hope it comes to the US at some point, but if not that's a neat exclusive for Russian fans.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

First thing first, I'd like to apologize for my previous post. I wrote it from my phone, so it glitched and there were three identical lines posted.

The second thing is: yes, this is a skull grinder mask in gold, with cardboard stand and a poster. I assume this is so-called "villain pack"

here is a better picture

20044014598_491e9c4208.jpg

Edited by Tremah
  • Upvote 2

Neat polybag, especially since it includes a stand.

e:

Oooh, a cardboard stand is a neat idea.

13 pieces. Who wants to guess what they all are?

Probably the mask, whatever pieces the mask is attached to, the cardboard stand, and the poster.

Edited by Bfahome
  • Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

Another promo?! Why don't you just rob all my money from me, Lego?!!!

Edited by Minty Green

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Hey Guys, More Bonkle Artwork on facebook

That is some cool artwork of Tahu. He's making a really cool pose as the volcanoes around him go off. It kind of reminds me of a 'Superman' pose.

Also, marshmallows are confirmed to exist on Okoto. :P

First thing first, I'd like to apologize for my previous post. I wrote it from my phone, so it glitched and there were three identical lines posted.

The second thing is: yes, this is a skull grinder mask in gold, with cardboard stand and a poster. I assume this is so-called "villain pack"

here is a better picture

Another polybag. Why am I not surprised. It actually looks like a really cool mask. I, too, hope it makes it way to the USA sometime. I wouldn't mind making a trip to my Lego Store to get it if I had to.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I think the markings on the Mask of Creation are just arbitrary rune-looking things, not part of the alphabet.  I don't see them matching any of the symbols from the alphabet, and they're all symmetrical about the center line (mirrored, and would therefore have half of them be incorrect) aside from the ones on the center spike.

Edited by Bfahome
  • Upvote 2

OpAXNpl.jpg

I think the markings on the Mask of Creation are just arbitrary rune-looking things, not part of the alphabet.  I don't see them matching any of the symbols from the alphabet, and they're all symmetrical about the center line (mirrored, and would therefore have half of them be incorrect) aside from the ones on the center spike.

This. They probably put the runes on the MoCr while designing it before the story team actually came up for a meaning to the symbols.

This. They probably put the runes on the MoCr while designing it before the story team actually came up for a meaning to the symbols.

Lets blame the Mets.

• Upvote 1

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

How to- Skull Grinder

I love this.

I honestly expected an MLG parody, but this is better.

here is a better picture

Replace the cardboard stand with those 3D Printed mask stands and you'll have a perfect display piece.

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.