OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

What if that golden Skull Mask acts like a Mask of Ultimate Power proxy? Based on all those Russian images, it's meant to be placed in the middle of all six Toa masks on that little poster. Even though it might not have any story relevance, it might be when Kulta or whomever, "absorbs" or steals the masks. 

Stems from an older thought: What if the golden masks are shards of the mask of ultimate power. When ekimu hit the mask, it may have shattered, resulting in the massive shockwave. The protectors hid the masks so the mask of ultimate power would never be remade. The MoUP was revealed quite early on to have been made by combining all the elements into one mask.

• Upvote 3

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I find people who complain that the MoC doesn't sit on the stand right are quite inferior and lack the common sense to slightly make a small gap in between the connection points on the stand. All it takes is a few small gaps to create friction on both sides and the Mask will stay wherever you want it. You can literally do this just by using your fingernail. We have brains, lets use them please. :P

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 2

I find people who complain that the MoC doesn't sit on the stand right are quite inferior and lack the common sense to slightly make a small gap in between the connection points on the stand. All it takes is a few small gaps to create friction on both sides and the Mask will stay wherever you want it. You can literally do this just by using your fingernail. We have brains, lets use them please. :P

How about we let people do whatever they want to do with their set and not act all snobby, hmm?

In other news, I REALLY want to order the new sets from LEGO.com but due to parental concerns I might have to wait forever.  

• Upvote 2

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

That's... actually a really good theory, Minty Green. However, wasn't the MoUP portrayed as having an evil intellect of its own? 

Mostly, I'm excited by the mention of "thousands of masks", including strength and speed.

- Heir

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

I just found out a cool little feature of the new masks, but perhaps not cool enough for its own topic. You can fit the new masks onto any Bionicle's hand using the standard hand piece if you put it on sideways, so that the nubs of the mask that would go against the head temples instead go over the axle holes of the hands. Now the heroes can carry their masks with them. 

Edited by Wazdakka
  • Upvote 3

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Episode 10 of the Bionicle animations has just been released in Russian. 

• Upvote 4

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Frankly, a good connection shouldn't need that kind of inexact workaround (especially considering that workaround needs to be readjusted almost every time the mask is removed or reattached). I'm confused and baffled why the stand in MMvSG uses the parts it does, when this part works much better WITHOUT any sort of adjustment and is already featured in the set as part of Ekimu's hammer.

• Upvote 5

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The Russian narrator in the beginning sounds like Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont, Game of Thrones).

Man, the American narration would sound so much better with Iain Glen.

EDIT: I have no idea what Pohatu said at the end, but I feel like it was epic.

yybZIcA.png

I mean, just look at that camera angle. Whatever he said, it had impact, man.

- Heir

Edited by Heir of the Chronicler
  • Upvote 8

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

I've got a month before I get my MM&SG set. Bleh.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Just bought and built Skull Scorpio and Skull Slicer. And I must say, they're SO much better in-person than on their images on the web.

• Upvote 3

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I can translate if you want :)

So they enter the city of mask makers in their search for Ekimu.

Pohatu feels there's a trap.

Suddendly, IT'S A TRAP

Tahu says that he'll provide a plan and Kopaka makes fun of him saying that it'll be too long. So Kopaka tells the others to follow him.

Onua calms everyone down and Pohatu (with Gali) says that they're too loud.

Lewa goes scouting.

(Skull Warriors attack)

Tahu says something like "they're firing at us" and Kopaka says that he hates fire (master of fire puns, yeah)

Then Onua breaks the bridge. The toa decide to attack and suddendly realize they've los Lewa.

Fin.

Edited by Tremah
  • Upvote 4

I can translate if you want :)

So they enter the city of mask makers in their search for Ekimu.

Pohatu feels there's a trap.

Suddendly, IT'S A TRAP

Tahu says that he'll provide a plan and Kopaka makes fun of him saying that it'll be too long. So Kopaka tells the others to follow him.

Onua calms everyone down and Pohatu (with Gali) says that they're too loud.

Lewa goes scouting.

(Skull Warriors attack)

Tahu says something like "they're firing at us" and Kopaka says that he hates fire (master of fire puns, yeah)

Then Onua breaks the bridge. The toa decide to attack and suddendly realize they've los Lewa.

Fin.

Thanks for translating. Certainly a lot darker than Season 1.

• Upvote 1

Frankly, a good connection shouldn't need that kind of inexact workaround (especially considering that workaround needs to be readjusted almost every time the mask is removed or reattached). I'm confused and baffled why the stand in MMvSG uses the parts it does, when this part works much better WITHOUT any sort of adjustment and is already featured in the set as part of Ekimu's hammer.

This small addition also works decently, at least for the Mask of Creation.  Holds it in place very snugly.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Just bought and built Skull Scorpio and Skull Slicer. And I must say, they're SO much better in-person than on their images on the web.

They really are. I'm going to get a second Skull Scorpio and MM vs SG so that I can have the combiner on perminent display, while still retaining the original sets. That'll also give me a second Skull Scorpio mask to use on my self MOC, which ended up being a Takadox-Skull Warrior hybrid thing. I think that his backstory will be that he's a highly intelligent creature that acts as a scheming bounty hunter in the background of a lot of canon events in the future. I'm not sure what to name him yet though. I think his species will live deep in caves and crevasses around the Great Sea, which will hopefully be enough to make up for the fact that his species isn't known to the population of Okoto in canon media, because I have issues. It matters to me whether my fictional character would be able to fit in with the canon story. :P

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 1

This small addition also works decently, at least for the Mask of Creation.  Holds it in place very snugly.

Actually, the Instant You posted that, I tried it out myself, And it does Work great.

• Upvote 1

So I went looking for the Skull Villain sets again today, and the only one I found was Skull Basher. There was only two of his set on the shelf, chilling with a Pohatu set. I got Basher, but I haven't built him yet. Hopefully the others will start showing up in my area soon.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

That works too, and to its credit doesn't require a single additional part since the set includes extra pins. I prefer my method if only due to being smaller, more secure, and using fewer parts overall. I still find the way the mask was attached in the instructions bizarre, since the new masks are designed to snap to Technic axle holes or holes for 3.2 mm bars, not regular Technic pin holes.

What are the odds of the Winter sets going on Clearance? I have yet to get Tahu, and I'm waiting for a better price (been waiting all year), and I'm worried they might just sell out instead.

Actually, after BrickFair I noticed that the Wal-Mart across the street from the expo hall had all of the $15 winter sets (Gali, Lewa, Pohatu, and LoSS) on clearance for a little over $10. Of course, this being after BrickFair, LoSS was the only one of those sets left—the Lego aisle as a whole was pretty much decimated. Still, if you need those sets it might be worth checking out other Wal-Mart locations to see if they have a similar deal.

Clearances on Tahu, Kopaka and Onua might take longer to show up, since unlike the $15 sets they occupy a price point that isn't shared by any of the summer sets.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 1

What are the odds of the Winter sets going on Clearance? I have yet to get Tahu, and I'm waiting for a better price (been waiting all year), and I'm worried they might just sell out instead.

I've seen the $15 sets on clearance, but none of the $20 sets.  This was a week or two ago, though

That works too, and to its credit doesn't require a single additional part since the set includes extra pins. I prefer my method if only due to being smaller, more secure, and using fewer parts overall. I still find the way the mask was attached in the instructions bizarre, since the new masks are designed to snap to Technic axle holes or holes for 3.2 mm bars, not regular Technic pin holes.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they designed it the way it is either.

OpAXNpl.jpg

When I was at Walmart getting my Skull Basher set I mentioned earlier, I did notice that the Pohatu set was on clearance. (I was kind of hoping that the Skull Basher was accidentally put on clearance too, since they were both on the same shelf. But it wasn't.) There were also Onua sets, but I didn't notice they were on clearance as well.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Weird... this link doesn't work for me. The connection gets reset every time.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Does anyone else think that the mask of creation and skull grinders mask are the two best bionicle masks of all time, when setting aside all the significance of other masks like the hau and just judging them visually? They both have so much detail and look so cool. The symbols on the MoC are a nice touch. Skull grinders mask look so menacing  and reminds me of terminator.

Edited by hiddenderek
  • Upvote 2

Does anyone else think that the mask of creation and skull grinders mask are the two best bionicle masks of all time, when setting aside all the significance of other masks like the hau and just judging them visually? They both have so much detail and look so cool. The symbols on the MoC are a nice touch. Skull grinders mask look so menacing  and reminds me of terminator.

Yep. The sculps are top-notch.  

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Mask of Creation, definitely. I don't think I'd place Skull Grinder's mask so high though—while it's not a bad mask, it's also not that exceptional, and I'd easily place the design of the Ignika or even the Skull Spider Mask higher.

• Upvote 1

Definitely. The best thing about the Mask of Creation is that the letters are visible when up close, but any other time can't be seen unless you're focusing on them. Skull Grinder's mask is also really cool. A lot better than about half of the things we received in G1. 

• Upvote 1