OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Finally got my hands on Skull Warrior, pretty awesome. I'm not a big fan of the feet, I mean they look cool but from a practical standpoint they don't do a very good job keeping it balanced. Besides that great set, I like this wave even if it's not quite as amazing as the winter wave, but it's pretty hard to top that, updating the classic Toa after years without Bionicle. I think the first year is going pretty well, I was extrememly enthusiastic about this wave, but I've really warmed up to them. Also the CCBS hatred is getting old at this point. Even G1 Bionicle consisted heavily of regular technic parts in it's early years, the Rahi were basically technic builds with masks. (they were still amazing but heavily technic) People are forgetting that Bionicle borrowed a lot from throwbots and other technic lines before it. I don't see a problem with CCBS, sure it's a little more cartoony with printed pieces and whatnot (which really doesn't bother me at all), but the sets are sturdy, fun to build and give us an vastly improved gear function and all the articulation of the Inika.

Edited by Xarok

-BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER-

Just got back from responding to dumb comments on TTV's "top ten best waves" video. My word, these anti-CCBS people just will not give up! They continue to cling to their bias like a security blanket! But then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. These are mostly people who may never even glance at this place, let alone be as informed as we are, so they vent and rage in their squalor that is the youtube comment section.

...with replies disabled, half the time. Oy.

while there are people like that, I also noticed quite a few comments SUPPORTING CCBS and the 2015 line's place as number one. Those that hate it are in the loud minority, and they're also on Facebook. Oddly enough, I rarely come across people like that on the TTV message boards or here. I

Like I said, they're mostly found in the gutter that is the youtube comment section.

• Upvote 4

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Just got back from responding to dumb comments on TTV's "top ten best waves" video. My word, these anti-CCBS people just will not give up! They continue to cling to their bias like a security blanket! But then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. These are mostly people who may never even glance at this place, let alone be as informed as we are, so they vent and rage in their squalor that is the youtube comment section.

while there are people like that, I also noticed quite a few comments SUPPORTING CCBS and the 2015 line's place as number one. Those that hate it are in the loud minority, and they're also on Facebook. Oddly enough, I rarely come across people like that on the TTV message boards or here. I

Like I said, they're mostly found in the gutter that is the youtube comment section.

Sometimes I wonder if they're all just fake accounts that are controlled by one person who secretly likes the CCBS build, but has a burning desire to be different. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

What I find interesting is that people still cling to G1 like it was the best thing. Like I enjoyed G1 immensely and I collected it for years, but at a basic level the new sets have superior playability and design in many ways.

Like for instance, it's been quite some time since I've actually played around with a BIONICLE set (I'm more into collecting nowadays, but not to discourage anyone from doing so) but every time I built one of the Toa or Skull villains I was blown back but how much fun you could have with them. And with all of the gearboxes that they put into the design, which wasn't even necessary, I was amazed with how the designers made these sets. I haven't had this much fun with Lego for years.

Not to say one is better than the other overall, since both have many great things about them, but I can't fathom why people like to sit around and complain about it. I also don't understand saying HF was better than G2, simply because I feel like G2 has refined several of the things I didn't like about HF.

Though I was never too into HF, so my thoughts on the matter are probably bias.

• Upvote 2

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

So the 4 sets I got arrived today and I built all 4.

I botched Skull Warrior's bow design, so instead modified him to have a slightly longer spear to make up for it.  He has the skeletal and tattered look they were going for and overall he's rather interesting looking.  Shorter than I expected, but whatever.

Skull Slicer who I decided to get after all because of the four arms is also shorter than I expected and less armored overall.  However I like his gladiator-like look he has with the mixed armor pieces and the mask catcher (which reminds me of a net).

Skull Basher was by far the most interesting of the Gen 2 sets so far for me to build, his arms aren't attached to a gearbox, they're kind of their own thing.  I modified him slightly to have slightly longer axes to compliment his bulkiness, overall I am a fan of his minotaur look.  

Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder I was somewhat surprised by.  Mostly by the Mask Maker as I hadn't gotten any of the protectors, he was surprisingly more complex to build than I thought which was welcome.  Skull Grinder has an interesting look to him and I like that he stands taller than the other villains.

That leaves only the Lord of Skull Spiders and Skull Scorpio for the medium sets I have not gotten, I'm unlikely to get the protectors, but I might get these two as that would have it be 6 heroes and 6 villains.

Edited by Dimension Lord
  • Upvote 1

"She lost in me her credence..."
"But what's normal anyway?"
"Don't walk away... don't walk away..."

Why are you reading YouTube comments?  Why would you ever read YouTube comments?

• Upvote 11

OpAXNpl.jpg

Why are you reading YouTube comments?  Why would you ever read YouTube comments?

I dunno. I feel compelled to combat the ignorance, to save these minds.

• Upvote 3

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I dunno. I feel compelled to combat the ignorance, to save these minds.

There was never hope for their salvation in the first place. 

• Upvote 5

bZpOwEr

I read the comments on that video.

Many brave brain cells were brutally slaughtered that day.

• Upvote 2

It's the same people who think HF is way better than G2.

Actually, there are literally infinite taste comparison factors here, since we have three blocks of things that contain a whole bunch of sets. For example, I might like Speeda Demon better than Tahu, but that doesn't change my thought that both of those sets are better than Norik. 

Likewise, I think that G2 is superior to HF, because the former is at least trying for a mysterious feel. However, G1's story is better than both of those, so I rate G1 higher. It's such a taste muddle, and simplifying it to a sentence like that is somewhat invalid. 

If you're trying to start your own channel, you need some exposure. Or if you're entering one of BZPower's raffles. 

The comment system on YT sorts unpopular comments to the bottom, meaning if you just comment, you will never be found. Your best chance is to comment on an already highly ranked comment to get your name where people can see it. 

Further, I haven't seen too much nasty stuff. Maybe it's the videos I watch. I actually got in a fair and civil BZPower-style debate there once - but then I had to leave and mute the whole thing because it got attacked by a massive troll. But that seems to be an exception to the positive commentary I've seen. 

• Upvote 1

I can say that despite my short time on the boards, there where very few people who depised CCBS, and ironically the person who perma-banned me was one of the only people there who hated CCBS so...

Edited by AidanBionicle1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I can say that despite my short time on the boards, there where very few people who depised CCBS, and ironically the person who perma-banned me was one of the only people there who hated CCBS so...

What boards are we talking about here?

the TTV boards (I hope no one is watching me oh-no)

pure_muscle.png

Wait what? I thought only the cast members could ban you, and from what I've gathered, they all LIKE CCBS.

Wait what? I thought only the cast members could ban you, and from what I've gathered, they all LIKE CCBS.

Not the mod who banned me he didn't (like CCBS that is)

pure_muscle.png

But I thought only the cast members were mods.

They are yes, but they also have additional mods, you can't just have 9 or however many mods running the boards, you need many people. But sometimes those people are the wrong type of people, and as such they of course (sarcasm) have to agree with eachother and they thought that me being me (which I'm rather loud on thing I support heavily, it's one of my lessor traits some might say) was a bad thing, and they didn't want me around anymore because I was too annoying so they perma-banned me.

They also claim that they respect and love everyone there, but I never felt such love, and not to mention the one who banned me, in the email he insulted me by calling me rather colorful names that I can't even begin vocalize here, as well as bringing up false claims about me.

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

They are yes, but they also have additional mods, you can't just have 9 or however many mods running the boards, you need many people. But sometimes those people are the wrong type of people, and as such they of course (sarcasm) have to agree with eachother and they thought that me being me (which I'm rather loud on thing I support heavily, it's one of my lessor traits some might say) was a bad thing, and they didn't want me around anymore because I was too annoying so they perma-banned me.

They also claim that they respect and love everyone there, but I never felt such love, and not to mention the one who banned me, in the email he insulted me by calling me rather colorful names that I can't even begin vocalize here, as well as bringing up false claims about me.

Oh yeah, that dude should probably be fired.

Let's chill with the quote wall, m'kay lads? 

Sorry.

Definately

Now lets get our mind off of this with kittens and puppies (because why not)

Edited by AidanBionicle1
  • Upvote 1

pure_muscle.png

Definately

I'll do you one better, kittens riding on the backs of dolphins and baby birds flying overheard.

YES!!!

• Upvote 1

pure_muscle.png

778897.jpg

Edited by The Irrational Rock
  • Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

Definately

I'll do you one better, kittens riding on the backs of dolphins and baby birds flying overheard.

Dolphins are evil.

Tham howcome they have saved humans? Dolphins are like dogs of the sea (and they are genetically) only they're a lot smart than dogs.

• Upvote 1

pure_muscle.png

Let's try to keep the discussion in the 2015 Bionicle discussion topic 2015 Bionicle-related, please.

'Kay, sorry.

• Upvote 1

pure_muscle.png

When comparing Bionicle gen 2 to hero factory,  I have to say I think bionicle gen 2 is more consistent. Hero factory has a lot of great looking sets like Furno XL and Witch Doctor, but then it has a lot of terrible looking sets with inconsistent color schemes and too toy like face designs like Aquagon. Also the builds for most sets outside of the larger ones were a little too straight forward. Most of the bionicle sets look really great and have generally more complex builds thanks to the gear boxes, with an added action feature too.

Edited by hiddenderek
  • Upvote 1

When comparing Bionicle gen 2 to hero factory,  I have to say I think bionicle gen 2 is more consistent. Hero factory has a lot of great looking sets like Furno XL and Witch Doctor, but then it has a lot of terrible looking sets with inconsistent color schemes and too toy like face designs like Aquagon. Also the builds for most sets were a little too straight forward. Most of the bionicle sets look really great and have generally more complex builds thanks to the gear boxes, with an added action feature too.

I juts realized the main reason why I like CCBS Bonkle over CCBS HF: functions. That's it. If the Toa had no mask launchers or swinging arms, I would feel no different to them than HF.

• Upvote 1

Am I the only one who doesn't hate Kulta's chest gap? It's a handy storage place for his skull mask when he steals another.

"yeah hold on, time out, gotta stick this whole skull in my bra so i don't, like, lose it or anything."

lol, jeez.

biscuits.jpg

Am I the only one who doesn't hate Kulta's chest gap? It's a handy storage place for his skull mask when he steals another.

"yeah hold on, time out, gotta stick this whole skull in my bra so i don't, like, lose it or anything."

To be fair, human skeletons have a massive gap in their chest; it's full of "gross mushy red stuff" and ventricles when you're alive, but I can think of fewer better ways to use an empty chest cavity than storage.

Also; Kulta Confirmed as First Transvestite Villain for Bionicle.

• Upvote 7

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I juts realized the main reason why I like CCBS Bonkle over CCBS HF: functions. That's it. If the Toa had no mask launchers or swinging arms, I would feel no different to them than HF.

And functions is one of the reasons why I generally like HF over G2  :P

The mask isn't as stable as a HF helmet, the gearbox pushes the arms 2 modules back and leaves an unsightly gap, the weapons have technic bits and bobs sticking out of them, big yellow gears, etc.

Even with all its flaws, bionicle 2015 is one of the most interesting years of constraction. 

• Upvote 2

Hero factory did a lot of good things, but for some reason I was just put off by it. I think its because the overall art style just feels too... toyish? Not sure how else to describe it.  The head designs, the weapons, color schemes; the general design just felt like it could be any typical action figure. With Bionicle, everything felt unique -- like tribal mechanical mythical warriors. Pretty interesting subject matter compared to a lot of toys. The new bionicles seem to be trying to evoke that feeling again by going back to the original toa Mata designs for inspiration while simultaneously bringing back their technic  roots with the functions which is the main reason I'm interested again. I have to admnit, the skull warriors are a pretty generic theme though but at least their masks (even if there's just two) are well designed and don't look like they belong on a generic action figure and the weapons have an interesting motif to them

Edited by hiddenderek

And functions is one of the reasons why I generally like HF over G2 :P

The mask isn't as stable as a HF helmet, the gearbox pushes the arms 2 modules back and leaves an unsightly gap, the weapons have technic bits and bobs sticking out of them, big yellow gears, etc.

Even with all its flaws, bionicle 2015 is one of the most interesting years of constraction.

I find that the gearbox adds better proportions and depth to the sets (no more anatomically incorrect flat torsos), and as someone who was heavily into BIONICLE from 2001 onward: functions > no functions. Seriously, gears and functions are a big part of BIONICLE's identity to me. ;)

I also happen to really despise helmets, and hated the Glatorian era because of it. The whole concept of Kanohi Masks was infinitely cooler than that of powerless helmets that weren't masks. People like to bash on G2 for tying elements to the masks, but at least masks HAVE some sort of power. That's a heck of a lot better than the attempted soft reboot that was Bara Magna. :P

Edited by Tarvaxx

I don't mind the gap either! If anything it adds to it by making it more skeletal (in a sort of undead yet decomposing sort of way)

• Upvote 1

pure_muscle.png

Let's chill with the quote wall, m'kay lads?

Yes lets because this thing;

Looks like an ancient misshapen pyramid.

Either that or we have created a space and time traveling 2D spaceship that travels across BZP! (Let's kill it before anything else happens)

(Sorry, I'm late with this. I just wanted to respond to it. Now lets carry on with the disscussion that this topic was made for.)

Edited by AidanBionicle1
  • Upvote 1

pure_muscle.png