OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I'd say Pohatu is my favorite Toa. His basicness and color scheme, as well as his little details are unique amongst the rest. 

Edited by Dunkleosteus-San
  • Upvote 3

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'd say Pohatu is my favorite Toa. His  basicness and color scheme, as well as his little detail are unique amongst the rest. 

Yeah, that's why I love him so much. His simplicity is just so, IDK, appealing to me.

Of course, I don't have a favorite, I love them all so much.

• Upvote 1

Gali is my fave, with Lewa as my least fave. The rest sort of jumble around depending on my mood. I really like Kopaka, but then I also really like Pohatu, and I really like Tahu, and I really like Onua. Lewa is the odd one out for me, he lacks the same vibrant trans-coloured motif and his overall translation to G2 is lacking.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

I'd say Pohatu is my favorite Toa. His basicness and color scheme, as well as his little details are unique amongst the rest. 

Finally! someone agrees with me!

• Upvote 2

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I'm here for you, buddy. 

Off topic, but how'd you change your name?!

Go to your profile, click "edit your profile"

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I'm here for you, buddy. 

Off topic, but how'd you change your name?!

Go to your profile, click "edit your profile"

Thanks.

I don't dislike any of the sets. I even love them all more than about half of the sets we got out of G1. If I had to categorize them though, it'd be like this:

Favorite Toa: Gali > Lewa

Second Favorite Toa: Kopaka = Onua > Pohatu

Least Favorite but Still Very Much Loved: Tahu (Mainly due to the fact that I don't really like his mask at times       because it's very square If you look at it from the front)

Now, I have very different opinions when it comes to mask designs:

Favorite Masks: Bull Skull Mask = Mask of Earth = Mask of Water = Protector Mask = Mask of Creation

Second Favorite Masks:  Mask of Ice = Mask of Jungle > Mask of Stone = Skull Grinder Mask

Least Favorite Masks: Mask of Fire = Skull Spider Mask

If anyone wants the reasons for any of my opinions I'd be happy to share them! :P

Edited by Tarvaxx
  • Upvote 1

I don't dislike any of the sets. I even love them all more than about half of the sets we got out of G1. If I had to categorize them though, it'd be like this:

Favorite Toa: Gali > Lewa

Second Favorite Toa: Kopaka = Onua > Pohatu

Least Favorite but Still Very Much Loved: Tahu (Mainly due to the fact that I don't really like his mask at times       because it's very square If you look at it from the front)

Now, I have very different opinions when it comes to mask designs:

Favorite Masks: Bull Skull Mask = Mask of Earth = Mask of Water = Protector Mask = Mask of Creation

Second Favorite Masks:  Mask of Ice = Mask of Jungle > Mask of Stone = Skull Grinder Mask

Least Favorite Masks: Mask of Fire = Skull Spider Mask

If anyone wants the reasons for any of my opinions I'd be happy to share them! :P

Yeah, same here.

Gali and Pohatu are the best, Lewa is the worst.

The others are a mixed bag. Onua's build is good, but the color scheme is bad, but the MoCing parts are good, but the mask is awesome, and so on. Tahu has stiff joints, Kopaka's legs are weird and he has too much gold...but lava surfing and Kopaka. And so on. And so on.

Gali and Pohatu are the best, Lewa is the worst.

The others are a mixed bag. Onua's build is good, but the color scheme is bad, but the MoCing parts are good, but the mask is awesome, and so on. Tahu has stiff joints, Kopaka's legs are weird and he has too much gold...but lava surfing and Kopaka. And so on. And so on.

Might I ask why you dislike Lewa (no offence)?

Eh, I don't like his mask, his lack of head posability, and his weapons, which look clunky and awkward to wield. He just looks ugly to me for some reason.

I was a never a strong Lewa fan in G1 either, though, so I might have some bias going on too.

To be fair, the head articulation can be fixed by taking that gearbox down a notch. But yeah, perfectly respectable.

While I like all of the 2015 Toa, I actually would consider Lewa to be my favorite. I agree that his inability to look up is not a good thing, but I still just really like his set. His weapons are also really cool too IMO. The funny thing is that Tahu and Kopaka were my favorites at first, but Lewa's set just grew on me overtime. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Tahu? Anyone?

I feel that he has the most cohesive color scheme and build (with the exception of the gunmetal hands/feet), no stickers, the gold mask blends with the color scheme, his mask is pretty G1... I feel like Tahu G2 is the perfect combination of Mata colors and iconic-ness, Nuva weapons and brawn, and Mistika action-figure-ness. 

Onua is second though. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

(with the exception of the gunmetal hands/feet)

Tahu's hands and feet are silver, not Gunmetal. Pohatu's boomerangs are gunmetal.

Anywho, Gali, Kopaka and Tahu are all on par as the best Toa for me designwise, with Pohatu, Lewa and Onua all together as second best. I don't dislike any of them really - they're all superbly cohesive, and have their own individual quirks which make them them. If I were to rank one as the poorest though, and this'd be by a very slim margin, it'd probably be Pohatu. His build isn't really that interesting in comparison to the others, and his boomerangs are awfully floppy. He's still hella rad though, as they all are. TLG did good.

My favourite Protector is probably PoE. The rest are all fantastic and are again all as great as each-other, but PoE stands out as being really unique, mainly due to her torso build and colour scheme. Only major critique is how PoS's hips chafe - that's very annoying.

Ekimu is just good. Can't rank him poorly at all.

Skull Warrior, Skull Basher and Skull Grinder are the best skellies IMO, great design all around. Skull Slicer is kinda meh, but his gearbox setup is pretty dang sweet. Skull Scorpio however is pretty bad. Static legs, a tail which looks like it was ripped off a Technic digger... So much potential wasted. But hey, the trans-lime is cool.

Oh, and LoSS... doesn't even deserve mentioning, but it'd be rude not to. I hope we don't get another set like him.

Edited by Logan McOwen
  • Upvote 2

Tahu? Anyone?

I feel that he has the most cohesive color scheme and build (with the exception of the gunmetal hands/feet), no stickers, the gold mask blends with the color scheme, his mask is pretty G1... I feel like Tahu G2 is the perfect combination of Mata colors and iconic-ness, Nuva weapons and brawn, and Mistika action-figure-ness. 

Onua is second though. 

Tahu's indeed pretty excellent. Initially I REALLY disliked his design due to how long and lanky his legs were (he basically has Toa Inika proportions, albeit with more reasonably-sized arms). It still bothers me a bit, and I think his legs would be much improved if you made the upper legs one module shorter. But on the other hand, if there's any character who makes sense as the tallest character of the bunch, it's Tahu. And he definitely has a very energetic design, with his loose, flaring armor and fiery color palette.

My favorite of the new Toa is still definitely Gali, followed by Onua. Ranking the rest is more of a challenge for me. Suffice it to say I like them all!

• Upvote 3

I really like both Pohatu for his color scheme and basicness, and Kopaka for his color scheme and uniqueness. I want to really like Tahu, and he's still an awesome set, but his stiff feet just makes posing and even standing him a pain sometimes. In all honesty, Skull Grinder and Ekimu as a whole are my favorites of the year.

When his gears are modified, Skull Grinder can hold his weapon up with even one gear added to one arm. Ekimu had to sacrifice one of his gears, but his function still works, His arm can flop back when moving him too much, but he can still hold a pose. ^^

• Upvote 1

kudley_sig_2.png

Big time Kudley fan, forever T.U.F.F. Puppy fan!

I'm mostly known as FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on other websites, but here, I'm usually known as General Scales!

Based off of looks, Gali and Kopaka are definitely my favorite Toa. I really like Pohatu's look, and Onua's although I wish his shoulders looked more like his animated counterpart. I feel Tahu looks slightly gangly in the legs, and Lewa is very hard to position well for me.

I'm not too sure about the Skull villains, I like all of them a lot.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

It may raise a few eyebrows, but my favorite summer villain is Slicer. I just love those trans apple green bones and the whole four armed look (I truthfully had the preconceived notion that it was horrible and that having four arms would be horrible). He still has his faults, such as having that whip-claw-chain thing going all over the place when he uses his function, but I just can't get myself to dislike him. I hated the fact that he reused the Skull Spider Mask, but he truthfully looks pretty good with it on, and then there's also the fact that we have no sets that officially wear it sooo... 

Also, I just want to say that I like to imagine his whip-claw-chain thing (isn't it officially called a mask grabber or something like that?) is really hot metal capable of eating straight through things like armor and limbs. :P

Edited by Tarvaxx
  • Upvote 1

Since we're mere hours from the release of the book, is this thread gonna be filled with spoiler hiders?

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg