OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Now now, let's not start a war here. Let's just all be glad that we can watch Tahu lavaboard just like he did in his glory days :)

I wholeheartedly agree! I do hate seeing so many fights here.

• Upvote 4

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

How? Please, in lighten me. > :(

Aanchir is referring to the fact that you keep contradicting most everything that people are praising G2 for. Not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion, I don't like everything about G2 either, but a better solution might be to make a single review topic of G2 in which you list everything you dislike all in one place rather than repeatedly spamming this topic with these sorts of posts.

• Upvote 4
Bliss.png

Aanchir is referring to the fact that you keep contradicting most everything that people are praising G2 for. Not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion, I don't like everything about G2 either, but a better solution might be to make a single review topic of G2 in which you list everything you dislike all in one place rather than repeatedly spamming this topic with these sorts of posts.

Hmm. Good idea! Where should I post this pros and cons list?

Hey Borox, do me a favor and never change your sig. Every time I come onto this topic I stop and stare at it for a few seconds because of its beautiful glory. Too epic for words... :D :P

Don't worry, I won't. ;) 

It's epicness can cast a trance on anyone.

I hope you don't mind if I shamelessly steal it and slap it onto my blog

(I've given you credit)

Hmm. Good idea! Where should I post this pros and cons list?

I would think that something like that would be suited for BIONICLE Discussion.

Bliss.png

Hey Borox, do me a favor and never change your sig. Every time I come onto this topic I stop and stare at it for a few seconds because of its beautiful glory. Too epic for words... :D :P

Don't worry, I won't. ;) 

The issue is it's 2MB big, while 250 kB is the limit for sig+avatar combined.  So you're going to have to change it to something smaller.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Ya'll said these were available on WalMart.com...when I search on the website, i do not see them listed. YOU'RE ALL LIARS AND ARE UNDER ARREST. Anyways, I went to an actual WalMart today...nothing. Ah well, they rarely break the street date here in the Newnan area.

They were there yesterday! And they sold out! And here's proof:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/40996351?www=true&productRedirect=true

Yes, but searching doesn't bring me to 'em. Also, I'd like a link to the page with all the figures listed, if you don't mind. Just giving me the Kopaka listing doesn't do too much for me.

Looks like beast machines cheetor...

I'm starting to think I know you...you wouldn't happen to be a member of TFW2005, would you?

Now now, let's not start a war here. Let's just all be glad that we can watch Tahu lavaboard just like he did in his glory days :)

Wait, we can't start a war? Then what am I supposed to do with the Ray Gun I just bought?? D: 

So, the music...you guys want something catchy and memorable that fits? Then get either Brian Tyler or Ramin Djawadi on board. Brian did music for Transformers Prime, Terra Nova, Battle: Los Angeles, Fast Five, Thor: The Dark World, Iron Man 3, Into the Storm, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and Need for Speed: The Run, just to name a few. Ramin did music for Game of Thrones, Iron Man, and Pacific Rim. I personally prefer Ramin's style, but Brian's is good as well. Both would do a good job making Bionicle music since they clearly have experience.

• Upvote 1

Don't worry, I won't. ;) 

(I've given you credit)

Sure. (I'll message you the link since I had to change it, if you'd like.)

Political content removed. -B6

Don't worry, I won't. ;) 

(I've given you credit)

Sure. (I'll message you the link since I had to change it, if you'd like.)

I actually already have it up haha

So no need

I am most certainly a fan of this animation style

Xonar, just in bionicle discussion? Ok.

Blast cage, indeed I am! For almost a year :) wanna take a guess at who I am?

Judging by your avatar, I'd say Beastwarsfan. Now going by my avatar, signature, and general mannerisms, can you figure out how I am? 

We all know that Bionicle G2 isn't getting any comics...so I wonder, does that mean they couldn't find a publisher? Or they just don't care to do 'em? Or perhaps it has something to do with DC? I wonder what the reason for the lack of comics is...

Edited by Turaga Blastcage

Judging by your avatar, I'd say Beastwarsfan. Now going by my avatar, signature, and general mannerisms, can you figure out how I am? 

We all know that Bionicle G2 isn't getting any comics...so I wonder, does that mean they couldn't find a publisher? Or they just don't care to do 'em? Or perhaps it has something to do with DC? I wonder what the reason for the lack of comics is...

I guess not enough people liked 'em when they were doing HF.

Political content removed. -B6

My understanding is that the comics industry is suffering in this increasingly-digital age, so it could just be a poor investment of their resources.

• Upvote 4

O_O you right...

Grimmjowl?

Probably because the primary audience for Bionicle no longer read comics.  I mean even most 'comic book fans' don't even read comic books.  How many rabid Captain America/Thor/Iron Man fans are out there that have only seen the movies and not even once picked up the actual comic books.

Edited by Seth Rollins
  • Upvote 2

I know it's far too late to make a single theme that defined the old Bionicle. That's why I was hoping for something, catchy, recognizable, and iconic to be used for the new theme from the get-go.

The Ninjago overture is epic and sweeping and uses very classically Asian instruments and rhythms to create a sound that is unique to the Ninjago theme. I feel that maybe if the new Bionicle music HAD been given more of a mechanical, robotic feel, it might have succeeded at being just as distinctively Bionicle. As it is, the new Bionicle music is so generic as to be forgettable. And as such I fear that it's liable to be replaced completely when Bionicle branches off into other media like movies.

The new music isn't bad, but it's just as generically heroic as Nathan Furst's scores for the original Bionicle movies. And I had wanted something more like the original Bionicle music from the MNOG and Power Pack—something with a distinct identity that was unique to Bionicle alone.

More mechanical? I dislike breaking it to everyone, but the "mechanical" aspect of the sets is long gone. The new series, for all of its promise, doesn't have the robot aesthetic of old Bionicle. Everything about the new designs/animation feels organic and fluid. 

With that in mind, remixing the old theme I just mentioned (sort of) to take out the robot feel actually makes more sense, not less.

I love the lack of narration in the CGI ad.  Solid music, too.  And while the sound and visual effects for the elemental powers are a bit lackluster...hot DARN it's awesome to see Kopaka skating, Lewa swinging and Tahu lavasurfing again.

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

More mechanical? I dislike breaking it to everyone, but the "mechanical" aspect of the sets is long gone. The new series, for all of its promise, doesn't have the robot aesthetic of old Bionicle. Everything about the new designs/animation feels organic and fluid.

"Long gone" is a bit of an overstatement, don't you think? The new sets definitely feel like a different kind of biomechanical aesthetic (without so much intricate, almost clockwork-like molded detail), but they certainly don't feel entirely organic. Their bodies have conspicuous gears, their armor has printed vents and molded pistons, and their weapons have molded pistons and turbines. Their heads, too, still look overtly mechanical, as do several of their masks such as Kopaka's and Lewa's. The Protector of Earth has a blaster embedded in his chest! In many respects, the new sets feel more mechanical than many Hero Factory heroes, who were entirely robotic!

My own comment on the music seems to have gone largely unnoticed, so I'll quote it here:

"One of the things I love about Ninjago's soundtrack that few BIONICLE soundtracks have ever really been able to capture is that like the soundtracks of Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, My Little Pony Equestria Girls, or even The LEGO Movie, it literally sounds like the type of music the inhabitants of its world might actually make. Some of the Mata Nui Online Game music had that feel, but the BIONICLE movie soundtracks rarely did. The music reflected the story but it failed to reflect the world in which that story took place."

The new music is epic on some levels, but it still has this problem to a great extent. I can't for the life of me picture the villagers of Okoto playing that kind of music, unlike, say, the theme music of the Chronicler's Company from Mata Nui Online Game, or the theme that played when Gali fought the Tarakava, or the music in the Great Mine of Onu-Koro. The instrumentation for those tracks felt like it belonged specifically to the world and society that game depicted.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 7

It must just be a matter of taste, 'cause they still seem very robotic to me. 

Loving the new CGI, it's a lot more dynamic and vibrant than what he had from the classic Bionicle commercials, although I liked the atmosphere and this sort of air of gravity and realism in the old commercials more. Can't wait to see more :D

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Just bring back Cryoshell and this reboot is set!

People will complain that they're too edgy, though.

They're faux-edgy.  I never was a big fan.  Maybe we could get Moby on board?  I'd be there in a heartbeat for that...

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

Imagine the fanbase if Justin Bieber was hired to do the music.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I wouldn't mind another 2006. :P

• Upvote 4

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Cryoshell is plenty edgy.

And edgy is the last thing new Bionicle needs to be. Bionicle had its Shadow the Hedgehog; time to steer back to better waters.

Well said.  They should hire Jeremy Soule to arrange a Protector-language choral version of the Toa prophecy...

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

Imagine the fanbase if Justin Bieber was hired to do the music.

*ahem*

Cryoshell is plenty edgy.

And edgy is the last thing new Bionicle needs to be. Bionicle had its Shadow the Hedgehog; time to steer back to better waters.

I wouldn't mind another 2006. :P

Even if 2006 was edgy, Cryoshell wasn't around in 2006. I disagree with all of you - Cryoshell isn't edgy. Their "edgiest" tune was Bye Bye Babylon, and that was about 2009, hardly Bionicle's edgiest year.

They're a rock band, and even rock bands sing ballads. And they sung more ballads than anything else. :P "Creeping in my Soul" and "Closer to the Truth" are hardly songs with punch. I'd hire them to sing at a funeral, not at a preppy dance party. If the story does some sad stuff later, I'd call them up for a tune.

• Upvote 2

They could go in the direction they went with Bye Bye Babylon and bring something very upbeat and atmospheric that doesn't tread the supposed edgy waters; the sorta Egyptian-Mayan mix going on with the new theme could be something they could work with and make something really unique and suitably epic out of.

Fishers: I'm completely the other way around, as you can see by my comment on Babylon; I thought Closer to the Edge and Creeping in my Soul were the edgiest they had to offer; Closer to the Edge even has it in the title! I think we've got different definitions of edgy :P But yeah they're really more of a rock group, I never thought of them as being edgy. Their songs may have some dark themes going on and but it was never, like, "darkness, pain, nobody understands me, fight the system, wake up sheeple, I hate the sun, all hail Makuta, etc" :P Their perceived faux-edginess, as Jayk put it, is just in relation to the Bionicle themes certain songs were paired with and sometimes directly written around. And Gravity Hurts is definitely one of their more ballad-y, peppy songs, at least when you get to the chorus-- it's a straight up call to arms and singing about freedom and destiny and stuff.

Edited by Pomegranate
  • Upvote 2

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .