OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Blast cage, trust me, I don't like them, I hated that they were used in AOE. (Not that that film had much going for it)

I personally believe the protectors should get their own names. I'm going to give them each a name and back story! :D

I'd be interested in getting the names of the Protectors somewhere down the line, but I don't think we need them immediately.

I hope they get names before their box release.

In traditional Ta-, Ga-, Le-, Nu-, Po-, and Ko- order, here goes.

Furan, Protector of Fire

Vatra, Protector of Water

Buli, Protector of Jungle

Arden, Protector of Earth

Stendar, Protector of Stone

Yska, Protector of Ice

These names are simply my best guesses. Use them if you like, ignore them if you don't.

These aren't official names, but my personal nicknames for them!

Edited by Regitnui

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

In traditional Ta-, Ga-, Le-, Nu-, Po-, and Ko- order, here goes.

Eska, Protector of Ice

These names are simply my best guesses. Use them if you like, ignore them if you don't.

These aren't official names, but my personal nicknames for them!

Whats Nu-?

Also, Eska from Korra?

Edited by Boidoh

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

A shortened version of Onu- to make it fit with the other elemental prefixes.

No, I came up with that name before having watched season 2 of LoK, which I have since finished. Perhaps Yska might be better for people who keep confusing two different characters.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I've gotten used to the protectors having no particular names. It used to bug me more but now it makes more sense. Plus, the theory that they are captured and their children have to take on their mantles is very appealing to me, so they could always get their own names.

Tahu: "They captured the protector! Two-Kua, you must take up your father's mantle and help me save him!"

Two-Kua: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *collapses*

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

Tahu: "They captured the protector! Two-Kua, you must take up your father's mantle and help me save him!"

Two-Kua: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *collapses*

Your post has allowed me to side-scroll.

On-topic, has anyone got a video of LOSS's "crush" function?

Edited by -Windrider-

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Has it been confirmed yet whether the Protector of Water is female or not?

Nope, nothing on any Protector's genders yet, except for Fire.

Technically, we don't even know PoF's gender yet. We know that the mini-PoF is a guy, but no gender-specifc pronouns were used to describe old PoF. He don't sound like a gal, but then again, neither did Gali. :shrugs:

But that may be the old preference talking. :) While I'm not big on headcanoning things as wackadoodle genders, female "turaga vakama" with a gatling gun is amazing, dang it. :P

• Upvote 3

Has it been confirmed yet whether the Protector of Water is female or not?

Nope, nothing on any Protector's genders yet, except for Fire.

Technically, we don't even know PoF's gender yet. We know that the mini-PoF is a guy, but no gender-specifc pronouns were used to describe old PoF. He don't sound like a gal, but then again, neither did Gali. :shrugs:

But that may be the old preference talking. :) While I'm not big on headcanoning things as wackadoodle genders, female "turaga vakama" with a gatling gun is amazing, dang it. :P

NO. There is NO WAY that Protector of Fire is a girl. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

NO. There is NO WAY that Protector of Fire is a girl. :P

You want to start a "flame" war? (pun absolutely intended)

Nah, I'll pretty sure he's a guy because of the "father-to-son" thing mentioned by Lego. But it was a fun thought for like five seconds. :P Plus old PoF loses all the Clint Eastwood vibe if he's a girl. That's not cool. It might be nice as a hypothetical, but for this story it doesn't really fit. 

For some reason I think it might be better if the Protector's genders actually go unestablished. That way all of us can headcanon them as what we want - the traditionalists as male, and the non-traditionalists as whatever they want. That way we don't have big controversies/debates over it. 

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

Even if "Vakama" isn't female, we might assume that at least some of the Ta villagers are female, otherwise we wouldn't see a baby villager, unless the villagers hybridise.

Maybe there are no genders in Gen 2, and Male and Female voices are just "accents", and the villagers are like flowers. That way there can be no pointless gender disputes. Edited by UngluedBike
  • Upvote 5

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

So...They're asexual robots now?

(omg found my old account again)

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Onua looks like an ape. And the earth protector my be more mechanicle than the others, as his midsection is a chain gun. But as we don't know the anatomy of the villagers, thus may not interfere with their bodily functions.

Couldn't that Gatling gun be simply apart of his armor and not apart of the Earth Protector per-say?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I've taken a couple of biology classes, but unfortunately we never got to the part with the mind-controlling face-spiders.

Daaaaaaaaaang.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Well, maybe we'll find out later on... or not, but I hope we find out what the protectors names are and like what Sir Kohran said about them playing important or recurring roles in the storyline. My guess that there names are the same as the Turagas.

You know, I wouldn't be all too surprised. Would be a nice homage.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

It's a bit too late for "no genders" since pronouns have already been set.

Where? The protector's bios were all generic, and I don't remember any gender pronouns being used for the Protectors. Now the Toa were all firmly established with pronouns, I'll agree on. Could be selective memory, though. 

As for biology/PoE weirdness, it may be that the Protectors of Earth had those guns naturally, and the other tribes adapted them. Otherwise becoming the village leader might involve a messy surgery. 

Edited by fishers64

Where? The protector's bios were all generic, and I don't remember any gender pronouns being used for the Protectors. Now the Toa were all firmly established with pronouns, I'll agree on. Could be selective memory, though.

As for biology/PoE weirdness, it may be that the Protectors of Earth had those guns naturally, and the other tribes adapted them. Otherwise becoming the village leader might involve a messy surgery.

We're working under the assumption that the Toa and Protectors and the Mask Makers are all part of the same sort of species deal, aren't we?

• Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

We need somebody with a Biology Major to help us out.

*raises hand*

Tell us amigo, how would an organism like the PoE live with a machine gun in his chest?

Speaking of which, doesn't the Protector of Fire have a machine gun attacked to his shoulder that comes out on command? Fisher might be right.

• Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

We're working under the assumption that the Toa and Protectors and the Mask Makers are all part of the same sort of species deal, aren't we?

I wasn't necessarily. I think the Toa are different species. The Mask Makers and the Protectors may be a part of the same species, but I'm not sure.  

Going off the gun thing, could be a species variation. Some of us have different colored eyes/skin, for example, so it could be that an adult Protector has a gun, and what type of Protector he is changes where the gun is located.  It would be harder to explain the Protector of Stone and Jungle's weapons using that theory though. :shrugs:

I certainly hope Ekimu and Makuta are of the same species as the villagers, and we don't really have anything to suggest otherwise.

Hopefully we can put the days of "____'s Species" behind us.

How about stopping worrying about species altogether? Frankly, I never understood why, especially for characters like, say, Krekka or Roodaka, they couldn't just be distinct individuals, and instead had to be from some island full of extremely similar characters. I often felt that in the old Bionicle this sort of overexplanation ended up cheapening characters and making them feel less unique overall.

It'd be nice to be able to consider Ekimu and Makuta to be similar to the Protectors without needing to painstakingly define how exactly they relate to them.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

We need somebody with a Biology Major to help us out.

*raises hand*

Tell us amigo, how would an organism like the PoE live with a machine gun in his chest?

Speaking of which, doesn't the Protector of Fire have a machine gun attacked to his shoulder that comes out on command? Fisher might be right.

Assuming that the villagers species absorb nutrients like matoran did, they would have no need for guts, the belly region my simply hold the power cells, which could easily have been moved to another section of the body, as for the Ta villager, it may simply be hammerspace.

Bionicle is guilty of using it, just look at LoMN, where dose Vakama store that launcher?

• Upvote 2