OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I hope the Toa use their weapons like they do in the CGI commercial. Pohatu can net a ton of kills with those boomerangs. Those things are huge.

They really are gigantic (which probably factors into why his part count is rather meager compared to his fellow $15 Toa).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I found some of the 2015 sets at my local Target, but I didn't get any of them. But I will soon. B-)

I will say on the boxes, after seeing them in person, that some of them a little smaller than I was expecting. I saw Tahu and Kopaka among the sets that I found, and I was a little surprised at their boxes's size. I was thinking that they would be bigger. But that doesn't change how I feel about them, which is to say I will still be getting them when the times comes. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I found some of the 2015 sets at my local Target, but I didn't get any of them. But I will soon. B-)

I will say on the boxes, after seeing them in person, that some of them a little smaller than I was expecting. I saw Tahu and Kopaka among the sets that I found, and I was a little surprised at their boxes's size. I was thinking that they would be bigger. But that doesn't change how I feel about them, which is to say I will still be getting them when the times comes. :P

I was blown away by their size (the $20 ones). I definitely think they fit the price tag. Then again I am comparing them to the old Bionicle canisters rather than current LEGO boxes, so maybe I see them differently.

IetTsFQ.png

Anyone get any sets for Christmas?

As of this post I haven't even opened my presents yet.

But since I didn't find any of the sets at my local Target until last night, I highly doubt I will getting any sets today. But maybe I'll get a gift card to help with the purchasing of the sets that I'm interested in. I'll find out later today. :)

pc0lX6T.png

I didn't get any, but my mom said the first thing she's going to do on New Year's is drive me down to Target so I can buy all the sets I want.

Same. I've saved up enough money so that I can get them all in once shopping trip. 

bZpOwEr

Orly? I'm getting the Protectors for their blasters, as well as for some extra head pieces, and they'll look great with the Toa on my shelf. I want LOSS because I want to pose it with the other skull spiders, and I'm curious to see how it's built. 

bZpOwEr

If my Target still has them on my next visit to it, I plan on getting Tahu, Kopaka, and The Lord of Skull Spiders. The Toa because they are two of my favorite Toa, and I think their 2015 sets look really cool. For the LOSS, I just think it is a cool set, despite its flaws. 

pc0lX6T.png

Actually, yes! I got the protector of jungle and my brother got the protector of stone (though my mom won't tell us where she got them- grrrr). Honestly I like them a lot more than I thought I would like the protectors. The skull spiders are actually pretty sweet and the 'masks' are about the same size as older masks (hau nuva for example). I'm gonna try and find a place with the toa come new years, but let it be known: the protectors don't suck!

• Upvote 1

move along.

nothing to see here.

Actually, yes! I got the protector of jungle and my brother got the protector of stone (though my mom won't tell us where she got them- grrrr). Honestly I like them a lot more than I thought I would like the protectors. The skull spiders are actually pretty sweet and the 'masks' are about the same size as older masks (hau nuva for example). I'm gonna try and find a place with the toa come new years, but let it be known: the protectors don't suck!

The Protector masks are big, but the Toa masks (at least Kopaka's and Onua's) are very small compared to their Nuva counterparts.

IetTsFQ.png

I just thought of something.

In the first episode, we see Ekimu being put in a tomb/sarcophagus/whatever-you-wanna-call-that-box, but then we hear the PoF say that the toa need to find the Mask Maker.

Could he be referring to Makuta? If not, then why? They already know where he is.

Also, why do the toa need to wake up Makuta to fight him?

Can't they leave him asleep?

I suppose this could bring us to the conclusion that Makuta is controlling the Skull Spiders in some way, or it's just me that can't see LoSS being so intelligent. 

SH0Gxlo.png

I got Lewa for Christmas. I never bought any hero factory sets and I must say....I really like CCBS now. Oh and idk if it's just mine but the mask gimmick is a lot weaker than I thought it was. Had to flick the back of Lewa's head really hard in order to get that mask to pop off.

"It's got a great defense mechanism... you don't dare kill it..."

alien_isolation_6_0.jpg

I got Lewa for Christmas. I never bought any hero factory sets and I must say....I really like CCBS now. Oh and idk if it's just mine but the mask gimmick is a lot weaker than I thought it was. Had to flick the back of Lewa's head really hard in order to get that mask to pop off.

If you have his head looking up, the brain stalk collides with the gearbox, preventing it from rotating enough to knock off the mask. I found myself accidentally doing that a lot with Kopaka and thought that it was jammed or something, maybe you're doing the same thing?

Incidentally, how well does Lewa's mask attach to the head? Kopaka's is mighty weak.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

If you have his head looking up, the brain stalk collides with the gearbox, preventing it from rotating enough to knock off the mask. I found myself accidentally doing that a lot with Kopaka and thought that it was jammed or something, maybe you're doing the same thing?

Incidentally, how well does Lewa's mask attach to the head? Kopaka's is mighty weak.

Oh, I have head looking down when I try the gimmick. Half the time it works and it flies off, the other half it comes off slightly but remains on his face.

As for his mask. It depends for me really. Sometimes it's nice and snug, other times it's weak and prone to popping off at the slightest bump.

"It's got a great defense mechanism... you don't dare kill it..."

alien_isolation_6_0.jpg

Are the Toa-Protector combined just the Toa with new weapons and golden masks? Can't tell the difference.

Also, are people's Toa masks falling off easily?

Some of the combiners use altered weapons, like Gali. I think her's is the most distinctive combiner. As for the masks, yes, mine are very loose (on Kopaka). It is hard to turn the head without the mask moving out of place. The Skull Spider mask stays on nicely though.

IetTsFQ.png

Sadly no because where I live, they don't got anything new until next month.

Are the Toa-Protector combined just the Toa with new weapons and golden masks? Can't tell the difference.

Yes! 100% yes, I seen the instructions and those being known as combiners are 0%

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

lol at people who spent their christmas on BZP

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Lol I just quite literally emptied the Bionicle shelf at TRU. There were quite a few on it too. :P

• Upvote 2

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

Alright, I only need to build the Protectors of Water, Earth, and LOSS and I'll be finished. 

I can now definitively say that Bionicle 2015 has NO bad sets. 'Course I haven't finished them all, but I think that that will apply to the rest. 

bZpOwEr