OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Wait it's being written by who?! Ok now I have more confidence in these things then ever. 

Yeah, it's pretty cool that we are getting a pretty well-established writer. Pretty stoked to see how this turns out!

-NotS

The guy wrote a biography on Boba Fett (probably no longer canon) and that was well received. He also wrote The Rise and Fall Of Darth Vader (which I have read), which had an interesting first chapter, but afterwards was complete and utter [ ]matter. The guy is a hit and miss author.

Based on that I have no idea if they will be any good or not, but if other people say it's not half bad, then I will give it a shot.

Edited by -Windrider-

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Wait it's being written by who?! Ok now I have more confidence in these things then ever. 

Yeah, it's pretty cool that we are getting a pretty well-established writer. Pretty stoked to see how this turns out!

-NotS

The guy wrote a biography on Boba Fett (probably no longer canon) and that was well received. He also wrote The Rise and Fall Of Darth Vader (which I have read), which had an interesting first chapter, but afterwards was complete and utter [ ]matter. The guy is a hit and miss author.

Based on that I have no idea if they will be any good or not, but if other people say it's not half bad, then I will give it a shot.

Alright I guess there will be no guarantee, although I hear most of his books are well received. 

Edited by -Windrider-

It's time to move on.

Activity books are not aimed at collectors at all though. They're...activity books, guys. That should make it pretty obvious who the target audience is--it's not us! It's not collectors! It's just kids. Kids who use activity books. They're not going to spend any extra money doing fancy stuff to entice collectors, who they aren't even thinking about with this kind of book. It's just not realistic.

Books like Character Encyclopedias and those kinds of books that DK Publishing makes are the kind of books that are geared for collectors, which is why they do sometimes come with unique minifigures and stuff--and with more substantial content. If Bionicle ever gets one of these (and here's to hoping, because some of those books are pretty nice) then certainly we can theorize that that would come with a rad recolored mask.

But, alas, that's not the situation we're in. It's just an activity book we're talking about, and so the chances of it happening are just not very high at all. It would probably be best to not expect anything from that.

Obviously. They want people to be more inclined to getting them so it's even more likely they'll include a unique mask.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I think it's a safe bet that the activity book will come with some kind of translucent Gali mask to complete the set. (kinda)

It's definitely not a safe bet. Those kinds of activity books literally never have exclusive minifigures, so I don't see why Bionicle would be any different. It'll most likely have a mask that's already available like one of the Toa or Protector's masks.

The ninjago character encyclopedia came with an exclusive Lloyd minifig.

Indeed. I remember there was a book release with an only figure. I remember reading it once that was the only place to get it. That being said it seems true to the idea that Lego can and has if they so choose release an exclusive item in a normally non-lego media. I think there was a star wars one as well, though don't quote me on that.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

PEOPLE. PLEASE LISTEN. Books like Character Encyclopedias and Visual Dictionaries are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from this activity book. Those are $15 and up books published by Dorling Kindersley and geared towards collectors, and they USUALLY (not always) include exclusive minifigures. Activity books like this one are $5 novelties published by Ameet and geared toward little kids, and NEVER include exclusive minifigures. People who say "Well, this book included an exclusive fig, so maybe the activity book will include an exclusive mask!" are literally comparing apples and oranges.

I am super-hopeful that we might get exclusive masks like a Transparent or blended Gali mask in a future product or giveaway, but this activity book is not going to include those things. So please don't build up your expectations for a mask that will almost certainly be one that's already available in the Toa or Protector sets.

EDIT: Just going to add a few examples to help eliminate any doubt.

Activity books like the upcoming Bionicle book include, but are not limited to, Lego Ninjago: The Tournament of Elements (which includes Krait, a common fig in this year's Ninjago sets), The Lego Mixels Activity Book (which includes a Nixel that is commonly available in other Mixels sets), The Lego Movie: The Piece of Resistance (which includes a common Robo-SWAT figure from the other Movie sets), and Legends of Chima: Wolves and Crocodiles (which includes Winzar, a common Wolf fig from Chima's first year). As you can see, none of these figures are anything even approaching exclusive.

Exclusive figures ONLY appear in larger, more expensive Character Encyclopedias and Visual Dictionaries, like Lego Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary (which includes an exclusive version of Luke in his costume from the end of A New Hope), Lego Batman: The Visual Dictionary (which includes Batman in an exclusive "Electro-suit"), or the Lego Ninjago Character Encyclopedia (which includes an exclusive Lloyd minifigure). Exclusive figs do not even appear in all books of this type—last year's Lego Ninjago: The Visual Dictionary included a Zane minifigure that was already available in both an activity book and the Destructoid set from that year.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Quick question for any Bionicle fans in the U.S.A.: Has anyone seen and/or gotten the Bionicle Hero Pack at a Lego Store yet? I know this is kind of early to be asking, since March just began today. But I recall that it should be given out at Lego Stores if you buy a set from said store starting in March, and I was wondering if anyone has gotten one yet from a Lego Store.

Note: Just in case anyone asks, I know I can get it online. But I don't buy anything off the Internet. I usually get anything I buy from a store.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Quick question for any Bionicle fans in the U.S.A.: Has anyone seen and/or gotten the Bionicle Hero Pack at a Lego Store yet? I know this is kind of early to be asking, since March just began today. But I recall that it should be given out at Lego Stores if you buy a set from said store starting in March, and I was wondering if anyone has gotten one yet from a Lego Store.

Note: Just in case anyone asks, I know I can get it online. But I don't buy anything off the Internet. I usually get anything I buy from a store.

Yes, the Hero Pack seems to be available on the U.S. site.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I don't have a lego store around here. Unless Walmart or ToysRus counts... I don't think they do...

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Yes, you can get it from the LEGO Store, as I just picked mine up. Since BIONICLE isn't selling too hot, at least in mine, it seems you can get it from buying ANY set (not just BIONICLE).

EDIT: Pic: http://i.imgur.com/g6NjYso.jpg

Edited by jed1ndy

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

I don't have a lego store around here. Unless Walmart or ToysRus counts... I don't think they do...

Unless the promo is advertised later on for those stores I believe it will just be Lego official stores for now

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Well I think I'll have to be safe and buy directly from the lego site... Hate to miss out in this...

Onua.png

Yes, you can get it from the LEGO Store, as I just picked mine up. Since BIONICLE isn't selling too hot, at least in mine, it seems you can get it from buying ANY set (not just BIONICLE).

That good to hear. And since I already have all of the 2015 Winter Bionicle sets and don't like to buy duplicates, I now need to think of a set to get to purchase to get the pack. :)

And thanks for all the replies, everyone!

pc0lX6T.png

It has nothing to do with Bionicle not selling well. We've known that the Hero Pack would be available with any purchase for more than a month now. The only reason the Elves polybag is any different is likely because of the general "Ew, pink!" impulse that afflicts too many young boys.

• Upvote 1

As for the mask that comes with the book, I think the most likely candidate is either a Skull Spider or trans-orange Mask of Fire.  The Mask of Fire seems to be the mask most used in promotional materials, aside from the Mask of Creation, and no way are we getting the main story macguffin in an $8 book when it's only otherwise included in a $30 set.

OpAXNpl.jpg

It has nothing to do with Bionicle not selling well. We've known that the Hero Pack would be available with any purchase for more than a month now. The only reason the Elves polybag is any different is likely because of the general "Ew, pink!" impulse that afflicts too many young boys.

I didn't mean that the Hero Pack was created because BIONICLE wasn't selling well, but that perhaps the reason that they automatically throw it in with your purchase (someone next to me was purchasing the Brick Ice Cube mold, and still had the polybag thrown in.) is possibly that over the last 2 months, the BIONICLE display hadn't changed AT ALL. (I still saw the blank spaces in the exact area when I bought a couple sets back in January.) Then again, it could be an oddity at my store, and I don't doubt that BIONICLE is selling well.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

What if the mask that came with the book was the clear Hau? That would be pretty sick, and I hear they have quite a few of those. 

Anyway, gonna order a Protector to get that Hero Pack!

-NotS

The clear Mask of Fire was produced in intentionally limited numbers to be a very valuable NYCC exclusive. It would kinda ruin the point to suddenly mass-produce it for an activity book.

• Upvote 2

I didn't mean that the Hero Pack was created because BIONICLE wasn't selling well, but that perhaps the reason that they automatically throw it in with your purchase (someone next to me was purchasing the Brick Ice Cube mold, and still had the polybag thrown in.) is possibly that over the last 2 months, the BIONICLE display hadn't changed AT ALL. (I still saw the blank spaces in the exact area when I bought a couple sets back in January.) Then again, it could be an oddity at my store, and I don't doubt that BIONICLE is selling well.
I believe that it is just being given out to advertise the line. A couple years back they gave out Chima Polybags for the exact same reason, trying to entice buyers towards new line. And I'm guessing that the display hasn't changed at all is because they are keeping it well stocked so that there is no shortage Edited by ~Haxorus~
  • Upvote 1

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Well Prowl just made his Purchase off the lego shop. Here's his purchases:

2015 Tahu

2015 PoF

2015 Gali

Hero pack

Yay me... have to wait about a week and I'll have 3 Toa and two Protectors in my 2015 collection... Oh and my LoSS... :D

Onua.png

Nescent will make his purchases tomorrow. He plans to order Niksput and Magnifo to get the trans-orange Mask of Fire. He would order LoSS, but is currently more interested in Mixels. Guess LoSS will have to wait.

TxOPH0s.jpg

He hopes that Magnifo will still be in stock when he decides to place the order.

IetTsFQ.png

Nescent will make his purchases tomorrow. He plans to order Niksput and Magnifo to get the trans-orange Mask of Fire. He would order LoSS, but is currently more interested in Mixels. Guess LoSS will have to wait.

TxOPH0s.jpg

He hopes that Magnifo will still be in stock when he decides to place the order.

The series 3 Mixels are actually on clearance right now, so it's definitely a good time to get those while they'll still around. Aftermarket prices for Mixels aren't very pretty.

AXKP5KC.png

The series 3 Mixels are actually on clearance right now, so it's definitely a good time to get those while they'll still around. Aftermarket prices for Mixels aren't very pretty.

Yeah that's part of what convinced me to buy Magnifo online. I already own Wizwuz and I'd like to buy all three magic ones, so it's too bad Mesmo is out of stock.

By the way Wizwuz is totally rad.

IetTsFQ.png

A few questions about the hero pack.

1. How long will it be available?

2. Can you get it just by calling LEGO and asking for it, or do you have to buy a set?

3. Does it come with a set for free if you buy said set on LEGO.com?

Thanks, everyone.

I haven't been on bzpower in ages, and I recently found out about the new BIONICLE from a friend. So far, I have Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua, and they're all pretty awesome.

A few questions about the hero pack.

1. How long will it be available?

2. Can you get it just by calling LEGO and asking for it, or do you have to buy a set?

3. Does it come with a set for free if you buy said set on LEGO.com?

Thanks, everyone.

I haven't been on bzpower in ages, and I recently found out about the new BIONICLE from a friend. So far, I have Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua, and they're all pretty awesome.

It will probably be available while supplies last, ending some time towards the end of the month. I read March 1-20, but it could go on for longer.

You have to purchase a LEGO set to get it, but you could try your luck with a call to LEGO.

It does come for free with sets purchased from LEGO's online shop.

Welcome back to BZP.

IetTsFQ.png

yeah I did not have to search and select it... It just automatically appeared on my shopping cart after I selected my first purchase.

Onua.png

The clear Mask of Fire was produced in intentionally limited numbers to be a very valuable NYCC exclusive. It would kinda ruin the point to suddenly mass-produce it for an activity book.

True that there was exclusive packaging that was limited to NYCC but apparently not all clear Tahu Masks have that distinction. If they have an over-abundance of clear Masks, they might just give them away via other methods (like they did with the poisoned Hau Nuva in the Chronicles box set, Gold Vahi and Mask of Time in the 500 pc tub etc.)

And welcome back Tahu5181! :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Just wondering will the golden masks that come in the summer sets play any part in the story? 

Almost certainly. On the cover of each summer set box, you can see hands reaching for the trans/gold masks as the villains try to steal them.

• Upvote 3

IetTsFQ.png

I got the Hero Pack at my Local Lego Store today! :) I was wondering what Lego set to purchase to get it, but I ended up getting a gold Lego brick keychain instead. I also got a Lego Club magazine too, which was really cool.

Anyways, I really like the trans-red Mask of Fire. It really looks good on Tahu Okoto. I almost prefer him wearing it over his original Mask. So he's probably going to be wearing it for awhile. :P

The map in the set is neat too. I like the compass image in the left corner. It makes it kind of feel like an actual map.

Overall, the pack is worth getting if you want it. The trans-mask alone makes it worth it IMO.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

pc0lX6T.png

So I went to the Lego store to get the Hero Pack!

I was pleasantly surprised to see that in the couple of weeks i hadn't been there the store in Fashion Valley (California) now has some pretty cool Bionicle displays! All the sets except Pohatu, PoW and PoJ were on display in clear cases near the front and side of the store, and the side of the store has a huge cardboard MoCr, so hey, pretty cool stuff. I took some photos but they're on my terrible terrible phone so I dunno. An employee was setting up some stuff for that game they're doing...he sounded pretty enthusiastic about having a million kids armed with stud shooters, heh.

Also. The Spring catalog has a Tahu cover, and the cover is a foldout with PoF and then there's all the sets etc.

Also in April they're apparently having a promotion where Onua and LoSS have double VIP points. So that's nice.

The Hero Pack is cool. First time getting a Mask of Fire, pretty pleased with the design. The stickers are nice.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

So I ordered that S.H.I.E.LD. Hellicarrier from the Lego store just now, thus getting the Hero Pack. I can't wait to get it in the mail.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I was pleasantly surprised to see that in the couple of weeks i hadn't been there the store in Fashion Valley (California) now has some pretty cool Bionicle displays! All the sets except Pohatu, PoW and PoJ were on display in clear cases near the front and side of the store, and the side of the store has a huge cardboard MoCr, so hey, pretty cool stuff. I took some photos but they're on my terrible terrible phone so I dunno. An employee was setting up some stuff for that game they're doing...he sounded pretty enthusiastic about having a million kids armed with stud shooters, heh.

That's really cool. The Lego Store I went to today was actually setting up their Bionicle display. They had most of the Toa and Protectors built, but were having trouble with the Lord of Skull Spiders. Apparently someone didn't build it right, and the employee I talked to said that she was building it correctly. (Or at least according to its instruction manual.) They also had cardboard images of the Mask of Creation set out, but not put up for decoration yet. It would've been cool to see the finished display, but I got there too early to see it. :P

I also read about that stud shooter game from an ad they gave me. Its sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Though I think a lot of studs will be lost in the contest. :P

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

pc0lX6T.png

So I ordered that S.H.I.E.LD. Hellicarrier from the Lego store just now, thus getting the Hero Pack. I can't wait to get it in the mail.

Wait is that out? I saw something like that on the Lego ideas website a while back. Was a really cool design... Build

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png

Wait is that out? I saw something like that on the Lego ideas website a while back. Was a really cool design... Build

Yep! I dunno about the official site, though.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

That's really cool. The Lego Store I went to today was actually setting up their Bionicle display. They had most of the Toa and Protectors built, but were having trouble with the Lord of Skull Spiders. Apparently someone didn't build it right, and the employee I talked to said that she was building it correctly. (Or at least according to its instruction manual.) They also had cardboard images of the Mask of Creation set out, but not put up for decoration yet. It would've been cool to see the finished display, but I got their too early to see it. :P

I also read about that stud shooter game from an ad they gave me. Its sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Though I think a lot of studs will be lost in the contest. :P

When I visited a store late last month they had already set up their display. They used one of the small-ish display cases between the shelves, so it was actually pretty impressive that they managed to fit all 13 winter wave sets in there.

Finally acquired Onua and Pohatu, and plan on going back soon for the other Masters. LoSS did actually catch my eye, before I forced myself to stick to my limit of 'Big Toa/Small Toa' purchase plans.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Thanks for the info and warm welcome. I've read the new BIONICLE has been planned to run three years. Is this at least three years, or only three years?

It depends. If Lego finds Bionicle successful, they're continue for more than three years.

te0FrhT.jpg