OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Wow a double post within a single post. That is a New one on me.

It happens when you press the post button twice on a slow connection.

Anyway having both Lewa and Gali I cannot say I have though about switching their blades around. I think in part it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. I mean if I ended up breaking them down to make a new model or something I would forget what version went with what Toa anyway so I don't see the point...

I'm more curious than certain. Lewa's gunmetal blades might look better on Gali's feet, etc.

Yeah, I tried it out as well, and I find both sets are better with contrasting weapon colors. Actually, I almost wish that Lewa's swords were Titanium Metallic just like his axe blades. But I can see how another brand-new recolor might have been pushing it. Maybe one day we might get those swords in Titanium Metallic in another set and I'll be able to see what they look like in that color for real...

I was think that, too. The fact that the swords don't match their axe blades is kind of annoying, but it doesn't stop me from absolutely loving Lewa's design.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

All Toa acquired! They're currently sitting under Marendar's watchful gaze in a Battle Mode group photo. Though, here's a question; How many of you guys have switched Gali's (silver) Axe blades with Lewa's (gunmetal) blades, for a better color match with her (gunmetal) feet and her (silver) swords respectively?

I never have, because I prefer my sets to be canon built. ;)

THIS. Also, Should I even consider buying any of the Skull Villains?  My birthday is in August, and I want an Xbox One, but dat Mask Maker set doe....

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

I'd say MMvsSG is definitely worth considering, even if you want an expensive gift. I can suggest maybe trying to save 35 bucks for MMvsSG then just ask for the Xbox?

That's probably the best course of action. Also, I might get an Xbox One later on in the summer, planning on the Halo: MCC bundle for $349. There's also a bundle with Assassin's Creed Unity, but you can also get the system alone for $349 as well. Basically, if you have even the slightest desire to play either of those games, get the bundle. Just a bit of friendly advice.

As for those summer sets, they all looks pretty cool, and personally, I think they'd look better all together as a team. That's just me and my $90 budget, though.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

I'd say MMvsSG is definitely worth considering, even if you want an expensive gift. I can suggest maybe trying to save 35 bucks for MMvsSG then just ask for the Xbox?

MMvsSG is the only set I'm planning to get from Summer (Winter here) 2015. Mostly so I can have the Six Toa guarding Ekimu (wearing MoCr).

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

MMvsSG is the only set I'm planning to get from Summer (Winter here) 2015. Mostly so I can have the Six Toa guarding Ekimu (wearing MoCr).

I'm buying as many sets as possible this time around. I know I'll need the parts at some point or another... plus a cool powered up version of my self-MOC would be pretty cool, along with the rest of my guardian/defender series.

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

I haven't yet decided what sets I'm getting aside from Ekimu's.  It'll likely depend on how I can work the non-BIONICLE sets I want into my budget (oh hi Grievous).

For my budget, Bionicle (or whatever constraction line I like the most) normally comes first when it comes to Lego, so I'll most likely get all the Skull Villain sets, MMvsSG being the first.

|

I'm usually the same, but there's, like, tan and stuff.

I mostly get stuff for my Defender/Guardian MOCs (my self MOC included in that group :3), and tan seems like something I'd only use for my Defender/Guardian of Stone, and not even that much of it. Though a holographic Obi-Wan... all the trans-blue... *0*

|

The only two sets I know I'm getting later this year are Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder and General Grievous. The others are still up in the air. 

Though those trans-colored masks that come with the other Skull villains would be really cool to have. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Like I said many times on this board before, I plan on getting all the summer sets because I'm rich and I don't have to worry about money. 

And I plan on getting all the Star Wars constraction sets besides Luke, because he sucks.

• Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Like I said many times on this board before, I plan on getting all the summer sets because I'm rich and I don't have to worry about money. 

And I plan on getting all the Star Wars constraction sets besides Luke, because he sucks.

Any chance of a personal loan? Or better yet my birthday is at the end of June... Hint, hint...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

No need to brag about it. XD

|

I hope they don't abandon the animations from now on out. They're a pretty good story-telling vehicle, all their negative points aside. Let the books get into detail, but let the animations skim along the top for the kids and us AFoLs who can't be bothered buying books.

• Upvote 2

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I hope they don't abandon the animations from now on out. They're a pretty good story-telling vehicle, all their negative points aside. Let the books get into detail, but let the animations skim along the top for the kids and us AFoLs who can't be bothered buying books.

Well, we know for certain that we'll be getting animations for the summer story, as confirmed by Merlin Mann (the writer) on Twitter.

I don't really think there's any chance of the books supplanting the animations as the primary story medium, for exactly the reason you stated. The animations are basically the most accessible storytelling medium the franchise has ever had, and I don't think Lego takes that for granted.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Well, I finally bought my first Generation 2 set a couple days ago. I haven't built it yet, but it's here. I honored my past with BIONICLE by buying the character with the same name as my first Generation 1 set. My first Generation one set was Toa Mata Pohatu, and my first Generation 2 set is now Pohatu, Master of Stone.

Well, we know for certain that we'll be getting animations for the summer story, as confirmed by Merlin Mann (the writer) on Twitter.

I don't really think there's any chance of the books supplanting the animations as the primary story medium, for exactly the reason you stated. The animations are basically the most accessible storytelling medium the franchise has ever had, and I don't think Lego takes that for granted.

Do you mean animated clips online in general? Or specifically the episode-based animations? Example: MNOLG cutscenes, Toa Hordika/Search for the Mask of Light animations vs. Barraki movie with "Creeping in my Soul."

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Do you mean animated clips online in general? Or specifically the episode-based animations? Example: MNOLG cutscenes, Toa Hordika/Search for the Mask of Light animations vs. Barraki movie with "Creeping in my Soul."

I think he pretty obviously means the animations that have been made for the reboot. I know not everyone likes them, but I'd still rather have them than not.

• Upvote 1

I think he pretty obviously means the animations that have been made for the reboot. I know not everyone likes them, but I'd still rather have them than not.

Yes, I meant the little minute-and-a-half animations that've told us the story thus far. They're not brilliant, but if I was going to explain the story to its target audience, they're what I'd use.

I have the whole winter wave as well, and aside from Tahu's arm problems and a few botched sticker placements, all the sets are nothing short of incredible. Gali in particular. 

I might grab the Master Chief one bundle and the Mask Maker Set. I don't really care for LEGO's other themes aside from maybe Elves, but there is no way a grown man is going to be taken seriously with Azari's Bakery on his shelf. 

• Upvote 1

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

I was referring to what Lyichir said. Personally, I think the episodes are more of a storytelling medium, while the standalone CGI movies (like the Barraki one I mentioned), are better if you just want to show off the characters, and maybe set the mood for the year.

• Upvote 2

I dunno. I'll admit the episodes are pretty cringy, even for a cartoon. But I go in with the world-building in mind, and ignore all the bad stuff about 'em. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The thing to remember is the fact that we at least have the animations. Lego could have just dumped out Bionicle and left it at that, with zero plot whatsoever.

They would never have done that; they know that a lively and accessible story is crucial to getting people interested in the line enough to buy the sets in great numbers. I'm actually surprised they've only made these animations, given that HF, Chima, and Ninjago have had whole TV shows.

I hope they do. I mean I agree with you completely that it just seemed too easy for the Toa this Gen to get their Golden Masks. Now maybe the chapter books will go in more depth of the conflict they each faced and not just Tahu, Tahu, and Tahu. Did I mention Tahu yet? Anyway I guess to a certain level the conflict between the Skull spiders and the Toa - as seen by Tahu's blatant defeat of the few that attacked him upon his arrival - Seems mediocre at best. Still there is media that shows the Lord of Skull Spiders at each of the Golden Mask locations as the Toa retrieves said mask. So either there is more than one suggesting that the one they defeated does not remove it from the story. Or it is one fast Rahi.

This does beg the question, if the LoSS was at each of the locations how did the individual Toa get away? Or they were just weaker versions of the main Lord of Skull Spiders. Anyway I lost my train of thought... Oh right...

The Summer villains are in fact villains and not just a rahi menace. So hopefully we'll get substantially more conflict then we got out of the winter wave..

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

The thing to remember is the fact that we at least have the animations. Lego could have just dumped out Bionicle and left it at that, with zero plot whatsoever.

They would never have done that; they know that a lively and accessible story is crucial to getting people interested in the line enough to buy the sets in great numbers. I'm actually surprised they've only made these animations, given that HF, Chima, and Ninjago have had whole TV shows.

Lego City has no real story, yet it is one of Lego's best selling lines. Sure, Bionicle is different, but did they introduce a plot line with Roboriders? Did it have comics and a movie? No, but it did, from what I understand, do okay on the market.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Lego City has no real story, yet it is one of Lego's best selling lines. Sure, Bionicle is different, but did they introduce a plot line with Roboriders? Did it have comics and a movie? No, but it did, from what I understand, do okay on the market.

Slizers might be a better comparison—Roboriders did not in fact perform as well as its predecessor, largely because its "characters" were less relatable.

But no. Lego would not have released Bionicle without some sort of story medium, considering the classic theme's story was one of its most groundbreaking and successful components. A TV series might be debatable (considering the added cost and the fact that constraction is a niche category for Lego that might be harder to pitch to networks than a minifig-based show)), but we could have gotten a TV special like Hero Factory, or comics like the classic theme, or even just books. But of those, the animations are the most accessible, being free for anyone to view and taking very little time to get fans up to speed.

I'm not going to say that the animations are perfect. But the fact we haven't gotten much in the way of character interactions or complex, high-stakes battles is most likely due to how little we've gotten so far. The summer animations will not need as much exposition, which has made up almost half of the current content. While that's not a guarantee that the summer animations will add more meat to the story, that extra running time will have to be filled somehow, so it's not implausible that we'll get more character interactions and better, more complex fight scenes.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This reminds be of something Greg said many years ago when asked if there would ever be a BIONICLE TV series. He said no, citing Galidor as a failure and said LEGO learned its lesson about how they should never have TV shows...so what changed?

They probably just decided they'd give it a try. And the further away they moved from Galidor's failure, the less averse they became to working with some of the things it relied upon.

There's also the fact that Galidor's failure was more down to its overall failure to generate much excitement, than specifically that it had a TV show. There was also a game, IIRC.

Edited by Sir Kohran
  • Upvote 2

Snagged a 'Protector of Earth' the other day. I think the black-and-purple scheme is popular- there were hardly any on the shelves at my local Target.
Lots of 'Protectors of Jungle/Stone though.

That trans-purple looks even more glorious in person, and that mask.. wow!

• Upvote 1