OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Don't lump me in with 'everyone'.

19200744670_f1f75101e5_z.jpg

I like Skull Scorpio's technic build and cheap price. He's the Pohatu of this wave - the set with horrible price/piece ratio that nobody likes. 

Except for those that do. 

thanks for the giggle 

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

19200744670_f1f75101e5_z.jpg

I like Skull Scorpio's technic build and cheap price. He's the Pohatu of this wave - the set with horrible price/piece ratio that nobody likes. 

thanks for the giggle

Yeah that is a pretty cool picture. reminds me a bit of Riddic. Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Not sure what you mean about his price/piece ratio. Skull Scorpio has a great price per piece — 107 pieces for just $15. Not as great as Lord of Skull Spiders, but still better than any of the other skull creatures, or any of the Toa for that matter.

• Upvote 7

Going through the instructions for each set made me like them a great deal more, especially Skull Basher and Skull Scorpio. The point people have brought up about the legs is extremely valid, having numerous poseable legs does get in the way of play unless done very well. Scorpio's build looks to make up for a lot, and honestly I think the pictures they use for it might not be doing it enough justice.

My only real complaint so far is that I don't think the trans-orange is necessary on all of them. It really interferes with a great deal of their color schemes IMO.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I think the trans-orange might be to signify that they're under LoSS/Grinder's control and drawing from their power, as both have trans-orange as a large part of their color schemes. Of course, that doesn't excuse the fact that they interfere with the minions' colors.

Edited by CryoGyro

I honestly think the Transparent Fluorescent Reddish-Orange works with the other colours*... Am I alone? Like I can see where people are coming from, but I think it looks nice :$

*Well, I think the 70791+70792+70793 combiner is too colourful & clashes.

• Upvote 1

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

The trans. orange in the skull villain sets seem to me like their "symbol piece", or a unifying design that ties them together while each figure is unique. They did something similar with a few waves Hero Factory sets:

• 2.0 Name tag prints
  • 3.0 Name tag prints w/animal symbols
  • Invasion from Below Hero Mech prints

There may be more, but that's all I can think of for now.

• Upvote 1

Happy 4th of July! Over on Facebook, The LEGO Bionicle team has graced us with a spectacular concept art piece of Gali :o

https://www.facebook.com/LEGOBionicle/photos/a.1504160079825070.1073741828.1472651449642600/1610380692536341/?type=1&theater

Edited by Crunchyn
  • Upvote 3

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

No, you're not alone. I think it works great as an accent color, too.

Same here! I definitely think it helps unify the baddies. It goes great with their reddish-orange eyes, and with the red printing on all of their chest plates. I've seen some revamps that remove all the transparent fluorescent reddish orange parts except for the eyes, and to me that actually makes the color schemes look a bit boring.

Happy 4th of July! Over on Facebook, The LEGO Bionicle team has graced us with a spectacular concept art piece of Gali :o

https://www.facebook.com/LEGOBionicle/photos/a.1504160079825070.1073741828.1472651449642600/1610380692536341/?type=1&theater

Love this. Gali is already my favorite of the Toa, and this picture really makes her look both graceful and powerful. The curious fish in the foreground and the sunken ruins in the background really make for an incredible setting.

I hope we get a Bionicle art book one day, with lots of artwork like this! Matt Betteker (those are his initials in the corner) has created so much amazing art for just this year alone! In the meantime, I hope the LEGO Bionicle Facebook page continues to share more of this kind of artwork in the months to come. :)

• Upvote 2

The trans. orange in the skull villain sets seem to me like their "symbol piece", or a unifying design that ties them together while each figure is unique. They did something similar with a few waves Hero Factory sets:

• 2.0 Name tag prints
  • 3.0 Name tag prints w/animal symbols
  • Invasion from Below Hero Mech prints

There may be more, but that's all I can think of for now.

There was also the 4.0 printed torso pieces.

I know that I probably won't find them, but I'm going to look in a U.S. Walmart for the Summer Bionicle. If I don't see them, I'll probably pick up an extra Toa or Protector anyway. ;)

Eh...I'd look in about another week or so. 

I hope they appear online earlier, though. (But I doubt that'll happen since the retailers might've learned from their mistakes with the winter wave).

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I know that I probably won't find them, but I'm going to look in a U.S. Walmart for the Summer Bionicle. If I don't see them, I'll probably pick up an extra Toa or Protector anyway. ;)

I hope they appear online earlier, though. (But I doubt that'll happen since the retailers might've learned from their mistakes with the winter wave).

I agree. I'll look then too, but as we were going to Walmart anyway, I thought that I'd check. As expected, no Skull Villains. I did pick up another Tahu for parts and also for my first Bionicle review! I'm planning on starting a series of reviews of all new sets for the reboot! :D

~Daler

I agree. I'll look then too, but as we were going to Walmart anyway, I thought that I'd check. As expected, no Skull Villains. I did pick up another Tahu for parts and also for my first Bionicle review! I'm planning on starting a series of reviews of all new sets for the reboot! :D

Ditto. I gotta get them ASAP to review on my YouTube channel, but I didn't feel like paying out the butt to ship them from the UK.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Ditto. I gotta get them ASAP to review on my YouTube channel, but I didn't feel like paying out the butt to ship them from the UK.
What's your YouTube channel called? Edited by Daler99

~Daler

I don't know if I'm the only one, I tend to think of the trans orange on all of the villains as really hot metal.

that works as an explanation. :u

tho i'm sorta caught on the idea that the tr-flr-orange on slicer and warrior's arms is just a continuation of the red cloth/metal(?) thing visible on their upper chestplate.

I realized there's a little mistake on the box for the Ekimu/Kulta set, the staff Kulta carries is missing a black pin that appears on the top half of his staff, maybe it was a late addition? On the subject of the skeletons am I the only one who's getting sick of the "spooky scary skeleton" song?

The ride never ends.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I realized there's a little mistake on the box for the Ekimu/Kulta set, the staff Kulta carries is missing a black pin that appears on the top half of his staff, maybe it was a late addition? On the subject of the skeletons am I the only one who's getting sick of the "spooky scary skeleton" song?

The ride never ends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WZsbXdRbQ4

Pohatu is actually my favorite set out of the winter wave, to be honest. lol There's something neat about his simplicity and smaller size. Small, but tough, kind of like a Bionicle version of Bruce Lee. That and his limbs aren't hindered by those extension pieces, which make moving the limbs kinda strange sometimes. I can hardly pose Tahu with flat, steady feet thanks to those pieces, and I must have snapped off his legs five times. They make the limbs too stiff in my opinion. Pohatu, however, does not suffer from that.

• Upvote 5

kudley_sig_2.png

Big time Kudley fan, forever T.U.F.F. Puppy fan!

I'm mostly known as FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on other websites, but here, I'm usually known as General Scales!

Pohatu is actually my favorite set out of the winter wave, to be honest. lol There's something neat about his simplicity and smaller size. Small, but tough, kind of like a Bionicle version of Bruce Lee. That and his limbs aren't hindered by those extension pieces, which make moving the limbs kinda strange sometimes. I can hardly pose Tahu with flat, steady feet thanks to those pieces, and I must have snapped off his legs five times. They make the limbs too stiff in my opinion. Pohatu, however, does not suffer from that.

Thank you. 

Also his arms don't have clunky shoulder armor to get in the way of his posing, and his elbows have a full ball-joint range of articulation, making him easier to pose without snapping his shoulder off. 

I have to agree with you, Pohatu's also my favorite. I like the fact that he has a low parts count because it removes all of the unnecessary add-ons that come with the other Toa. His short and basic build is great for getting him into some really nice-looking poses. 

bZpOwEr

I was gonna skip out on Skull Scorpio but I want all the new bad guys. THESE were the bad guys we needed. Basher and Warrior look so cool.

Slicer looks okay. Ekimu vs. Kulta is by far the best set of the entire reboot for many reasons. I just wish the stand for the Mask of Creation was a bit bigger. 

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Slicer has grown on me a bit. I think he most clearly conveys the whole skeletal feel, with very little extra stuff to weigh him down and make him slow in battle. I normally wouldn't support such a.... >ahem<... "bare bones" design, but he reminds me off those stop motion skeletons from Jason and the Argonauts, and I think that's what they were going for. I mean, that's essentially what he is. He's literally a walking skeleton. At least the other guys have SOME armor, some kind of a shape that gives you an idea of what they were like when they were alive, something left over from their previous life, but Slicer?

He's been stripped down to the.... oh my gosh.

PLEASE tell me I'm not the first to call these guys bad to the bone.

• Upvote 2

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I have to agree with you, Pohatu's also my favorite. I like the fact that he has a low parts count because it removes all of the unnecessary add-ons that come with the other Toa. His short and basic build is great for getting him into some really nice-looking poses.

Yeah I'm with the pohatu crowd. He finally looks as tough as he always should have. His new kakama is incredibly intimidating looking and his physique makes him look like a fast warrior. He's supposed to be the toa of stone, not pebbles. At first lewa was my favorite from the winter wave, but it quickly became pohatu. His posing capabilities are unmatched and unhindered by extra add-ons. I do greatly appreciate the add-ons the other toa have, it gives them character and individuality, but when it comes to posing and playing it usually all just gets in the way or falls off. With pohatu, there's none of that.

As far as the summer wave, I for one still love skull Scorpio, and I do partially agree that MMvsSG is the best set of the year, maybe for the MoCr alone. I just wish it came with more gears and blue pins to add friction. It's an incredibly easy fix of course that doesn't alter the appearance or build of the set in really any way, but I wish they came optional in the set and that I didn't have to order more to get his arm steady.

• Upvote 1

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

Also note if you are a VIP member you can get the August release sets on July 18 (at least the ferrari F40)

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

Also note if you are a VIP member you can get the August release sets on July 18 (at least the ferrari F40)

That only applies to D2C sets, unfortunately. Regular sets have the same release date for all customers.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'd just like to say I'm really fond of how LEGO tried to diversify its action features with the skeleton gang. The Toa all had the same "arms swinging" thing, but then you've got Skull Warrior with his bow, Skull Basher's "bashing" function, Skull Slicer's four arms, and Skull Scorpio's entire body.

(still hate the color layouts though)

Edited by Observance
  • Upvote 2

I'd just like to say I'm really fond of how LEGO tried to diversify its action features with the skeleton gang. The Toa all had the same "arms swinging" thing, but then you've got Skull Warrior with his bow, Skull Basher's "bashing" function, Skull Slicer's four arms, and Skull Scorpio's entire body.

(still hate the color layouts though)

I agree about the Skullies' action features. I hope this trend continues, it's quite refreshing. 

...Also what did I just watch and why didn't I already know about it!?

Edited by ToaDraco
  • Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I shall have that mask. No matter what gets in my way, that mask is mine.

"I believe that mask belongs to me." - Hydraxon

Eh, the chances of me obtaining it are slim to none. I didn't even get the clear Hau. 

• Upvote 3

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles