OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

That's odd; the only condition I can think a new member would be banned that quickly would be if they were a dupe or troll/spam account.

I shall not mention names, but the other day a referred member created a topic that got him in trouble, later he was banned. Several other members have been banned. It is hard to not mention the names...

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

BZP follows leaked policy: gets 12+ tickets to the BIONICLE reveal at NYCC.

Other sites don't: get 5 or 6 total.

I'll keep with the leaked policy, thanks.

Yeah I have to agree with that. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there are sites that don't so I can see leaked images, but if BZP is going to be a big forum again and the main one for Bionicle, we should be on our best behaviour.

I've noticed several new members get banned very quickly lately- if we are behaving well, when BZP really starts to heat up with all the new fans, this won't happen as much since we will set a good example.

Exactly, as long as Bpower follows that simple rule of leaving the leaks alone the Staff Members gets the tickets for NYCC and access to the ToyFairs and the ever exclusive support from lego by receiving sets that are given as prizes such as in Bionicle Based Constests, other contests and even the prototype pieces giveaway theme that Black Six and the staff were able to do a few years back.

All of these privileges would just be lost if we broke that one rule.

qs3135.jpg

That's odd; the only condition I can think a new member would be banned that quickly would be if they were a dupe or troll/spam account.

A new member posted his first post on my cgi animation in the creative outlet.

He got banned emmidiatly afterwards! So quick I never got to see what the post actually was.

Must've been something seriously bad.

(I asked BlackSix about it, but...)

About the leaks... [CENSORED UNRELEASED SET DISCUSSION] are really cool and I think my favorite is [CENSORED UNRELEASED SET DISCUSSION]

Nah! How can you like that [CENSORED UNRELEASED SET DISCUSSION] while [CENSORED UNRELEASED SET DISCUSSION] looks SO MUCH BETTER!

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

A new member posted his first post on my cgi animation in the creative outlet.

He got banned emmidiatly afterwards! So quick I never got to see what the post actually was.

Must've been something seriously bad.

(I asked BlackSix about it, but...)

About the leaks... [CENSORED UNRELEASED SET DISCUSSION] are really cool and I think my favorite is [CENSORED UNRELEASED SET DISCUSSION]

Nah! How can you like that [CENSORED UNRELEASED SET DISCUSSION] while [CENSORED UNRELEASED SET DISCUSSION] looks SO MUCH BETTER!

But guys, are you seriously forgetting [CENSORED UNRELEASED SET DISCUSSION]?

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

I hope we see some new characters as sets.  Not characters that are already sets, like [CENSORED UNRELEASED SET DISCUSSION].  And [CENSORED UNRELEASED SET DISCUSSION] isn't even a character(not by my definition of character).  Either old characters never released as set, like Lariska, or completely new characters.

Anyway, why did they have to do what they did with [CENSORED UNRELEASED SET DISCUSSION]?

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

I wouldn't call my last post spam.  Sure, it had some pointless stuff, but I also said something I'd like to see.

Also, Greg just said something really cool:

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/m-p/11268555/highlight/true#M253412

Thought I'd share that.

Edit: linking to a specific post isn't working all of a sudden, so

Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves.- Greg

Edited by Willess12
  • Upvote 6

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

I wouldn't call my last post spam.  Sure, it had some pointless stuff, but I also said something I'd like to see.

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/m-p/11268555/highlight/true#M253412

Thought I'd share that.

I'm not sure what the relevant part of that is?

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

I hope we see some new characters as sets.  Not characters that are already sets, like [CENSORED UNRELEASED SET DISCUSSION].  And [CENSORED UNRELEASED SET DISCUSSION] isn't even a character(not by my definition of character).  Either old characters never released as set, like Lariska, or completely new characters.

Anyway, why did they have to do what they did with [CENSORED UNRELEASED SET DISCUSSION]?

Old characters such as Lariska who were never released as sets generally weren't because they were not created with sets in mind and were never important enough to the current storyline to deserve sets. Expecting the BIONICLE sets to cover every character in the universe is ridiculous and unrealistic, because pretty much every fictional universe has its share of minor characters and stock characters who are not central to the ongoing storyline, and because companies like the LEGO Group release as many toys as they think will maximize their profits: no more and no less. So making sets of relatively minor characters like Lariska would mean they have to take the place of a more important character or subject of equivalent retail value, not to mention they'd have to be written into the storyline in a more meaningful capacity.

Thought I'd share that.

I believe the post he is referring to is this:

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves.- Greg

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Relevant part of what?  If you're referring to the Greg quote I linked to, he's talking of Bionicle 2015, so I'd call it relevant.

Edit: Oops, I linked to the wrong post somehow.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves.- Greg

Yeah, That's what I was referring to.

Old characters such as Lariska who were never released as sets generally weren't because they were not created with sets in mind and were never important enough to the current storyline to deserve sets. Expecting the BIONICLE sets to cover every character in the universe is ridiculous and unrealistic, because pretty much every fictional universe has its share of minor characters and stock characters who are not central to the ongoing storyline, and because companies like the LEGO Group release as many toys as they think will maximize their profits: no more and no less. So making sets of relatively minor characters like Lariska would mean they have to take the place of a more important character or subject of equivalent retail value, not to mention they'd have to be written into the storyline in a more meaningful capacity.

Lariska was just the first example to pop into my head.  Maybe Artahka, or maybe they'll have Lariska important in the new story line (essentially, we know nothing of the new storyline right now except a quest for the Masks and Mask of Creation).  I know it's unlikely, but Lariska was probably the most important imageless character in the old Bionicle.

Edited by Willess12

Lariska was just the first example to pop into my head.  Maybe Artahka, or maybe they'll have Lariska important in the new story line (essentially, we know nothing of the new storyline right now except a quest for the Masks and Mask of Creation).  I know it's unlikely, but Lariska was probably the most important imageless character in the old Bionicle.

Imagine how much rubber they'd have to use if they made Trem Krom. Ugh. 

But I believe that them not having a set allows the reader's imagination to take place. My image of Lariska or Artahka could be very different from anyone else's. That's the beauty in having unillustrated literature.  

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

BZP follows leaked policy: gets 12+ tickets to the BIONICLE reveal at NYCC.

Other sites don't: get 5 or 6 total.

I'll keep with the leaked policy, thanks.

Who gets those rewards? Staff members or well known members. It really doesn't trickle down much farther. Those rewards are imaginary to a lot of other people. The rest of us fans aren't affected in any way except that we can't discuss some of the most exciting news about Bionicle. I joined this site because I wanted to talk about something I loved with people who would actually understand what I was saying, not to be restricted from doing exactly that.

What else should we talk about, the mask of creation? Or how about the video about the mask of creation? Or maybe the concept art of the mask of creation? Seriously, those topics have been beat to death and they're all about the same thing. I doubt we're doing Lego a real serious favor by not talking about the leaks. It's not hiding anything. Preliminary images, sure, but ignoring things that are pretty much totally finalized and are so obvious to be real is just being silly.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude or if I look like I'm trying to "attack" BZP (hint: I'm not), but that is honest to goodness how I feel.

Back to regular discussion, I'm wondering if the story will be linear or pull an HF. I'd love to see it be linear but that presents problems that the old Bionicle had. I'd love to see a partially linear, partially segmented plot. What I mean by this would be the introduction of a smaller villain/villains each year until things built up for the final encounter with the biggest baddie of them all. I feel like Makuta is coming back (if it's a reboot) because the old Bionicle completely ran on him a lot of the time. It's hard to see Bionicle without him.

And it's great to see that Greg actually likes/cares for the community even if we are always asking him excessive canon questions that don't matter to anyone.  :P

• Upvote 6

Who gets those rewards? Staff members or well known members. It really doesn't trickle down much farther. Those rewards are imaginary to a lot of other people. The rest of us fans aren't affected in any way except that we can't discuss some of the most exciting news about Bionicle. I joined this site because I wanted to talk about something I loved with people who would actually understand what I was saying, not to be restricted from doing exactly that.

A lot of those rewards are distributed randomly via raffle or as prizes for skill-based contests. Getting them has diddly-squat to do with how well-known you are. The only things that go specifically to staff members are review copies of sets.

What else should we talk about, the mask of creation? Or how about the video about the mask of creation? Or maybe the concept art of the mask of creation? Seriously, those topics have been beat to death and they're all about the same thing. I doubt we're doing Lego a real serious favor by not talking about the leaks. It's not hiding anything. Preliminary images, sure, but ignoring things that are pretty much totally finalized and are so obvious to be real is just being silly.

The thing is, the LEGO Group plans their reveals carefully for maximum impact, and they don't want people taking the wind out of it by propagating material before it's supposed to become public. If you want to discuss or spread the images there are plenty of other sites where you are free to do so, this site just doesn't want to be responsible for the consequences.

Back to regular discussion, I'm wondering if the story will be linear or pull an HF. I'd love to see it be linear but that presents problems that the old Bionicle had. I'd love to see a partially linear, partially segmented plot. What I mean by this would be the introduction of a smaller villain/villains each year until things built up for the final encounter with the biggest baddie of them all. I feel like Makuta is coming back (if it's a reboot) because the old Bionicle completely ran on him a lot of the time. It's hard to see Bionicle without him.

I think the word "linear" might not be the best way to describe the old BIONICLE storyline. I get that you're trying to use it as an antonym for "episodic", but in truth the old BIONICLE storyline was much less linear than Hero Factory. It often followed several entirely different groups of characters at any one point in the storyline, and the sequence of events between the main story, side-stories, and flashbacks could get very tangled and complicated.

I think a more linear storyline would be good for BIONICLE, honestly. Ideally one with more continuity than Hero Factory, but still episodic enough that you can jump in at any point without understanding all of the backstory. I think the Ninjago storyline demonstrates a good compromise between those two extremes. The continuity matters, but not so much that you'll be completely lost if you start watching or reading at a random point in the story.

So, my favorite part of the Mask of Creation are the symbols on the crown parts. They help it fit the old description!

Agreed. If it's released in a set somehow, I hope that the inscriptions are there as well. It would be a unique touch to add. 

bZpOwEr

Thought I'd share that.

Edit: linking to a specific post isn't working all of a sudden, so

I just realized that earlier on that page he confirmed that one "good guy" set to be Turaga Lhikan. Awesome!

And what a great message. I am so stoked. :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Hey, depending on how far back they planned this, do you think the Bionicle in the Lego Movie was a hint at this?

I just realized that earlier on that page he confirmed that one "good guy" set to be Turaga Lhikan. Awesome!

-NotS

Wait, what!? An actual set for Turaga Lhikan!?

Does this mean its not a full reboot?

I'm still hoping we get the old logo, or at least a new one like it. With that, I wonder if "Unity, duty, destiny" will still be a thing.

Well, I think Unity Duty Destiny should really be part of this story as much as the last whether its a reboot or not.

It was like the meat and bones before, the one drive that made teams of Toa and Matoran work together.

It just wouldn't be Bionicle without it, no matter how many awesome looking Lewa's are doing the belly dance together.

Wait a second!

Mask of creation - main Lego sets are all about creation.

BIONICLE PLAYS AN INTEGRAL PART IN THE LEGO MOVIE 2 CONFIRMED!!!!

What? A second The Lego Movie?

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

-NotS

Wait, what!? An actual set for Turaga Lhikan!?

Does this mean its not a full reboot?

I'm still hoping we get the old logo, or at least a new one like it. With that, I wonder if "Unity, duty, destiny" will still be a thing.

Well, I think Unity Duty Destiny should really be part of this story as much as the last whether its a reboot or not.

It was like the meat and bones before, the one drive that made teams of Toa and Matoran work together.

It just wouldn't be Bionicle without it, no matter how many awesome looking Lewa's are doing the belly dance together.

Wait a second!

Mask of creation - main Lego sets are all about creation.

BIONICLE PLAYS AN INTEGRAL PART IN THE LEGO MOVIE 2 CONFIRMED!!!!

What? A second The Lego Movie?

1. It just means that a set that kind of looks like Turaga Lhikan that came with a battery pack in a country I don't recall at the moment is officially his set form. It doesn't have anything to do with New Bionicle.

2. I agree that the saying 'Unity, Duty, Destiny' should be a part of New Bionicle as well. Even though I believe it will be a reboot, this saying should still be in it.

3. Yep. A second Lego movie is being made to be released in May 2017. Its not surprising since the first one was very popular. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

If this is going to be about the MoC, then we can be certain this ISN'T a reboot right?  Unless they completely changed everything at the start of the story.

A reboot doesn't mean starting the story over from where it originally began. If LEGO wanted to, they could reboot the storyline and start it with the Toa Metru, or with the Toa Mata's training on Daxia, or even with a team of Toa we'd never seen before on an island we've never seen before. A reboot doesn't have to follow the same exact path of the original storyline. Rather, it reinvents the storyline from the ground up. A reboot does not mean the new storyline has to take place on Mata Nui, or retell ANY of the theme's previous stories.

I sort of wonder if a lot of people's resistance to the idea of a reboot is fueled in part from not understanding what a reboot actually is. The movie The Amazing Spider-Man can be considered a reboot, even though it invokes an entirely different villain than the original Spider-Man movie and gives Peter Parker a different girlfriend (Gwen Stacy, his original girlfriend from the Spider-Man comics, rather than Mary Jane Watson). The latest Tomb Raider game can also be considered a reboot even though it tells Lara Croft's origin story rather than the same adventure story as the original game from 1996.

I know what it is, but considering the names of the leaked sets we know exactly who will be major characters in the the story.

What I meant is like, instead of having the Toa Mata fight the masks on Mata Nui, they instead are finding pieces of the MoC on Mata Nui for some other purpose or something.

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero."

-Toa Kopaka Nuva

If this is going to be about the MoC, then we can be certain this ISN'T a reboot right?  Unless they completely changed everything at the start of the story.

A reboot doesn't mean starting the story over from where it originally began. If LEGO wanted to, they could reboot the storyline and start it with the Toa Metru, or with the Toa Mata's training on Daxia, or even with a team of Toa we'd never seen before on an island we've never seen before. A reboot doesn't have to follow the same exact path of the original storyline. Rather, it reinvents the storyline from the ground up. A reboot does not mean the new storyline has to take place on Mata Nui, or retell ANY of the theme's previous stories.

I sort of wonder if a lot of people's resistance to the idea of a reboot is fueled in part from not understanding what a reboot actually is. The movie The Amazing Spider-Man can be considered a reboot, even though it invokes an entirely different villain than the original Spider-Man movie and gives Peter Parker a different girlfriend (Gwen Stacy, his original girlfriend from the Spider-Man comics, rather than Mary Jane Watson). The latest Tomb Raider game can also be considered a reboot even though it tells Lara Croft's origin story rather than the same adventure story as the original game from 1996.

I know what it is, but considering the names of the leaked sets we know exactly who will be major characters in the the story.

What I meant is like, instead of having the Toa Mata fight the masks on Mata Nui, they instead are finding pieces of the MoC on Mata Nui for some other purpose or something.

Keep in mind that we know nothing about the leaks other than that they exist. We cannot be assured of anything until the sets are announced or found without being leaked.

I HATE SCORPIOS

What's worrying me a little is that none of the leaks (and I know leaks aren't the most reliable thing in the world, but still...) use bionicle terms like Toa, Agori, or Matoran. I'm worried that Lego is going to do away with all of the lore and dumb down the story, keeping nothing but the names. 

Frankly, not having all of the complex words I spent ten years memorizing would ruin Bionicle for me. 

Also, I think it's safe to assume that the Mask of Creation will be released in a set at some point next year, otherwise why would they have bothered doing so much complex 3D art of it? That 3D animation on the Bionicle Facebook page clearly shows some kind of connection inside the mask; I doubt they would have bothered putting that on if it was never going to feature in a set. 

• Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

What's worrying me a little is that none of the leaks (and I know leaks aren't the most reliable thing in the world, but still...) use bionicle terms like Toa, Agori, or Matoran. I'm worried that Lego is going to do away with all of the lore and dumb down the story, keeping nothing but the names. 

Frankly, not having all of the complex words I spent ten years memorizing would ruin Bionicle for me. 

Also, I think it's safe to assume that the Mask of Creation will be released in a set at some point next year, otherwise why would they have bothered doing so much complex 3D art of it? That 3D animation on the Bionicle Facebook page clearly shows some kind of connection inside the mask; I doubt they would have bothered putting that on if it was never going to feature in a set. 

As I just said, we no nothing about the leaks except that they exist. They were first found back in May, I think. There are a lot of things on the packaging that point to them being fakes. The only thing about Bionicle 2015 that is certain is that there will be the Mask of Creation involved.

I HATE SCORPIOS

I think some people are getting worked up over nothing. There has been no meaningful story information in any of the material that has been leaked, and even the old BIONICLE never used terms like Matoran, Toa, or Turaga in set names until 2004 (in fact, the word Matoran never appeared in a set name in the entirety of the theme).

It's true that the non-leaked story info we've gotten on the LEGO Bionicle Facebook page has not used any BIONICLE-specific jargon either. But at the same time, it also hasn't said a lot in general. It would be downright irresponsible for it to use terms like Kanohi without taking the time to explain what Kanohi are.

Yeah, I agree that the Mask of Creation will show up in a set eventually. For one, some of the development images we've seen show actual measurements in millimeters presented on a field of circles representing LEGO studs or Technic holes. Seems like an odd decision for something that isn't intended to have a physical form.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 5

Keep in mind that we know nothing about the leaks other than that they exist. We cannot be assured of anything until the sets are announced or found without being leaked.

I'm pretty sure that what's been seen in the most recent leaks is final.

But we shouldn't assume anything unless it has been confirmed by Lego. After all, we shouldn't say they are final before we know for certain without a doubt. That's also a reason why we aren't allowed to say stuff like "My favorite new set is [leaked set name here] because of [details about the leaked set]!

I HATE SCORPIOS

If it is not publicly released by Lego itself, then it is leaked, no matter how finalized/high quality/awesome looking they are.

Leaks or not, the sets probably won't be available until the end of the year, so learn some patience! :P (Unless you have a vahi, in which case, please speed it up for all of us!)

Edited by Chuck the Toa of crazyness
  • Upvote 1

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

I personally don't want to see unity duty destiny to come back. It never made sense, and I think it's been overused by now.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***