OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Perhaps the mountains suggest a more artificial world, but perhaps in a manner different from the old MU and the island of Mata Nui.

Okoto confirmed to be Ekimu's face.

Man, if Ekimu's face was that huge then why would any of the characters even be seeking out the Mask of Creation? It's not like they'd be able to wear it if it's bigger than an island. :P

Maybe they could all wear it at once!

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I don't care for the Protectors. I want the REAL heroes, the Toa!

Whatever happened to "you don't have to be a Toa to be a hero"? Seems to me like for a while, fans considered that quote pretty darn important. Or at least, a convenient way to belittle Hero Factory. Now that BIONICLE is back, is defining heroes by their appearance, powers, and cultural status suddenly OK again?

Was that used? It doesn't make any sense if it was used to belittle HF. Saying that "you don't have to be a Toa to be a hero" says, to me, that even though there are no Toa in HF, doesn't mean they aren't legit heroes...

Since when does belittling HF ever make sense in the first place? :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

In the sense of that phrase being used to belittle HF, I can see the logic behind it: In Bionicle, you have the Matoran, who are just the normal people, helping the Toa or being completely self-sufficient, whereas in HF, the regular civilians never help the heroes; the phrase is used in the context where the Heroes are in the same position as the Toa.

VBWj75sh.png

I have a really interesting idea, or theory if you could call it that. So, we know that the reboot is going to take a 2001 style, but in terms of story, they could go for something 2003-like.

Teridax/Makuta is confirmed to be alive/awake, controlling the Rahkshi/Skull Spiders, so the Toa have to find the Mask of Light/Mask of Creation in order to put it on Ekimu's face (his body is known to be in a sort of sarcophagus, judging from the photos in the NYCC presentation). They take Ekimu in as a seventh member of the team (similar to Takanuva), who becomes a Master of Light. At the end of the year, he and Makuta will be in a showdown, and Makuta gets killed (or so they think).

By the way, the slashes were supposed to be the relationship to 2003, but not everything is exactly how it happened. For example, I know that the Toa didn't find and awaken Takanuva... Takua and Jala went looking for him and Takua ended up being the Seventh Toa all along.

• Upvote 1

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Perhaps the mountains suggest a more artificial world, but perhaps in a manner different from the old MU and the island of Mata Nui.

Okoto confirmed to be Ekimu's face.

Ugh why? They gotta make it all confusing with giants again?

In case you didn't pick up on that, that was a joke. There's been no such confirmation.

Though frankly, Mata Nui's true form was hardly the greatest source of confusion in the old storyline and in fact made a lot of earlier mysteries make a lot more sense.

• Upvote 11

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Do you guys think that we will get anymore books for this new Bionicle? Similar to the style of the Bionicle: Metru Nui - City of Legends, Bionicle: Rahi Beats, Bionicle: World:, etc. ? I thought these types of books brought an amazing insight to the world of Bionicle and I would hate for this new universe to go unexplored and just be an island divided into six sections, each with a specific environment, where they just serve as locations for battles the Toa have (I know the Temple of Time is there). Although I doubt Lego would try to start off with building a huge and complicated universe in its first year, I just hope that we see something similar to those books, but in a much simplified form. 

Whatever happened to "you don't have to be a Toa to be a hero"? Seems to me like for a while, fans considered that quote pretty darn important. Or at least, a convenient way to belittle Hero Factory. Now that BIONICLE is back, is defining heroes by their appearance, powers, and cultural status suddenly OK again?

Was that used? It doesn't make any sense if it was used to belittle HF. Saying that "you don't have to be a Toa to be a hero" says, to me, that even though there are no Toa in HF, doesn't mean they aren't legit heroes...

Well, there are legitimate reasons to prefer BIONICLE to Hero Factory, and there are legitimate ways that Hero Factory was not as successful as BIONICLE. But to some people, it's not enough to prefer BIONICLE to Hero Factory — they have to demonstrate inherent flaws in Hero Factory's premise so they can "prove" people who actually like Hero Factory are "wrong".

In the sense of that phrase being used to belittle HF, I can see the logic behind it: In Bionicle, you have the Matoran, who are just the normal people, helping the Toa or being completely self-sufficient, whereas in HF, the regular civilians never help the heroes; the phrase is used in the context where the Heroes are in the same position as the Toa.

While you never see civilians helping the heroes, there are non-hero characters who play a pivotal role on and between missions, most notably Nathaniel Zib, the factory's chief mission manager.

Besides that, it's sometimes a little bit dubious whether Matoran even entirely qualify as civilians. Generally, all Matoran who came in sets were armed in some way so they could both defend themselves and aid the Toa in battle. The 2001 Matoran had disks, the 2004 Matoran had disk launchers, the 2006 and 2008 Matoran had all kinds of crazy weapons, and the 2007 Matoran had blades and air launchers. The closest we got to actual unarmed Matoran in sets were the 2003 Matoran, who carried Kolhii sticks rather than a tool or weapon designed for combat. The BIONICLE theme is a little bit unusual in that there were few settings where everyday citizens would never have to fight for their lives. Even Metru Nui had Rahi "pests" which were often much larger and more dangerous than they had any business being.

But on the other hand, Matoran society being so battle-ready worked to the theme's advantage, because if Matoran and other villagers had ever truly been "civilians", then just as in Hero Factory, they would probably have disappeared from the sets and had their roles considerably diminished in the story. It's hard to sell an action figure that doesn't live a life of action (except, perhaps, as movie memorabilia), and even toy lines like Rescue Heroes that avoid violent action or combat still generally suffer from the same lack of civilians as other, more violent brands like G.I. Joe.

• Upvote 2

Do you guys think that we will get anymore books for this new Bionicle? Similar to the style of the Bionicle: Metru Nui - City of Legends, Bionicle: Rahi Beats, Bionicle: World:, etc. ? I thought these types of books brought an amazing insight to the world of Bionicle and I would hate for this new universe to go unexplored and just be an island divided into six sections, each with a specific environment, where they just serve as locations for battles the Toa have (I know the Temple of Time is there). Although I doubt Lego would try to start off with building a huge and complicated universe in its first year, I just hope that we see something similar to those books, but in a much simplified form. 

I would love for those kinds of books to return. Though I don't think the ones that you mentioned (and the Dark Hunters book) sold that well when they were released. I could be wrong on that. (Someone correct me if I am) And as you said, Lego probably wants to try to keep the story simple at least in its first year. So if they did release a book like this, I would think it would be in the story's second or third year.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Well, there are legitimate reasons to prefer BIONICLE to Hero Factory, and there are legitimate ways that Hero Factory was not as successful as BIONICLE. But to some people, it's not enough to prefer BIONICLE to Hero Factory — they have to demonstrate inherent flaws in Hero Factory's premise so they can "prove" people who actually like Hero Factory are "wrong".

I understand. I prefer Bionicle to HF. I was saying that belittling the theme didn't make sense. I understand if you like Bionicle better.

Sweet, so it'll be Skull Scorpions for Po-Koto (that's what I'm calling the villages/cities/divisions till we get official names).

Po-Koto... nice! Ta-Koto, Ga-Koto, Onu-Koto... I hope they actually name the villages that. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I would love for those kinds of books to return. Though I don't think the ones that you mentioned (and the Dark Hunters book) sold that well when they were released. I could be wrong on that. (Someone correct me if I am) And as you said, Lego probably wants to try to keep the story simple at least in its first year. So if they did release a book like this, I would think it would be in the story's second or third year.

Oh I didnt know that they didnt sell well. Usually when I went to my local B&N I could barley find them. But anyways I just hope that we get books like these but obviously much simpler. Just so we can learn more about this new universe as I think those books did a good job at that. 

I think that's a sarcastic remark, considering this is CCBS we're talking about. xD

(My apologies if you legitimately thought there were no balljoints, I do not mean to offend you.)

I thought he was talking about classic Y-joints... But if so, he's incorrect. Onua has five of them.

At any given time, any given day, any given month, and any given year. 

Also, my beef with the HF building system is that I find that it is a lot harder to chain together parts to make larger objects, unlike how everything in Bionicle had loads of pegs or axels or joints for unique connections. 

• Upvote 2

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

At any given time, any given day, any given month, and any given year.

Also, my beef with the HF building system is that I find that it is a lot harder to chain together parts to make larger objects, unlike how everything in Bionicle had loads of pegs or axels or joints for unique connections.

Just look at Kopaka's legs. Tons of things are possible with the CCBS, including larger connected parts. Just use your imagination. I find this piece http://rebrickable.com/parts/53585 really useful for positions of armor in odd directions, for example. Edited by Toa Green Ninja
  • Upvote 1

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

It's hard to see LOSS's functions. Did anyone get to see him after the con? From what I've heard it might be the two front legs but it's not very obvious (which is actually a good thing. Functions are cool, but when left too open, they can be ugly, aesthetically speaking).

Edited by Banana Gunz

From this picture, which is waaaay to big to put directly in my post, you can see that TLOSS seems to have all of his legs move when you do something. All of the legs on one side are connected with axles, so I think the other side is too. http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/bionicle/-/media/franchises/bionicle%202014/teaser/teasersite-top-image-v2.jpg?l.r=-485153131 

• Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

From this picture, which is waaaay to big to put directly in my post, you can see that TLOSS seems to have all of his legs move when you do something. All of the legs on one side are connected with axles, so I think the other side is too. http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/bionicle/-/media/franchises/bionicle%202014/teaser/teasersite-top-image-v2.jpg?l.r=-485153131

As far as I can tell, it's some kind of grabbing function operated by a trigger on the back (below the handle). Yes, all six legs move in unison. I haven't figured out all the internal details just yet.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

As far as I can tell, it's some kind of grabbing function operated by a trigger on the back (below the handle). Yes, all six legs move in unison. I haven't figured out all the internal details just yet.

I'm thinking of building a mock-up this weekend to see how it works. I'll post a video if can.

I HATE SCORPIOS

I was initially upset with the lack of mask powers, but then I realized that these aren't the first Toa to not have mask powers different than their element. Of Lego can pull of Toa Takanuva and Toa Ignika, it will work well with the new heros

I was too, however I think they can easily work them into just being part of the Toa's abillities, for example Onua naturally has superstrength, after all he is like the Incredible Hulk now(which is awesome imho as Onua was always my favorite Toa) Kopaka has a special eyepiece as he has always had so that could just be the source of x-ray vision, Gali could just have a breathing apparatus built into her mask or just be amphibious. Lewa's levitation could just be part of his air/jungle abilities or a product of his "adrenaline mode" blades on his arms. Pohatu could be naturally super fast or it could be done via his "adrenaline mode" thanks to his "jet-arangs" or his apparent knowledge of Spinjitsu based on his promo images(just kidding but seriously lol). I'm curious to see how that sand tornado thing works out. Tahu's shielding is less obvious but could be another natural abillity or a technological attachment. In short they can still have their old mask powers but in ways that are more natural or technology based which really makes more sense imo, at least with these kinds of mask powers.

Edited by ToaDraco
  • Upvote 2

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Something I'd like to note about the trailer is the fact that you can't clearly see the mask of ultimate power(due to the black smoke stuff around it), certainly makes me hope the summer wave has it in a set(as well as the mask of creation and control). From what I can see of it it kinda looks like a black version of the mask of light.

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

Something I'd like to note about the trailer is the fact that you can't clearly see the mask of ultimate power(due to the black smoke stuff around it), certainly makes me hope the summer wave has it in a set(as well as the mask of creation and control). From what I can see of it it kinda looks like a black version of the mask of light.

Sort of, but not that much to me. The only distinct parts we can make out are the prongs that stick out from the sides, and even so, they seem to stick out far more than the Mask of Light.

Sort of, but not that much to me. The only distinct parts we can make out are the prongs that stick out from the sides, and even so, they seem to stick out far more than the Mask of Light.

Well I don't think we'll see it clearly for quite some time, on another note I wonder how they'll handle Makuta(assuming he is released), I noticed that when he put on the mask of ultimate power he changed size and colour so I'm wondering if there will be two different versions of him, one in his mask of control form and the other in his ultimate power form.

• Upvote 2

It's time to move on.

Has it been confirmed by lego that this is a complete reboot or is there a possibility that the story is canon? (Parallel universe/Planet etc)

Basically, from what I understand, it's sort of like how the Transformers series is usually handled.

Ie some characters and plot points are constant(in this case the original Toa team and the Makuta) but the story and setting will be completely new. Basic characterizations of the constant characters will be similar(Tahu being hot-headed, Makuta being the archetypal treacherous brother, etc.) but several liberties will be made(masks being elemental, Makuta being a mask maker, Gali having a horrid sense of humour, etc.).

They may make links to the original series, but having little to no canon yet we can't say for certain. It will not be canon with the original version though, it will be canon with itself.

• Upvote 3

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

I am disappointed by everyone complaining about New Bionicle. What more do they want? Lego is doing so much to give New Bionicle the same feel as Old Bionicle, and these people are like, "Ugh, they are using the Hero Factory system. It's not even Bionicle at all! They look ugly! Etcetera..."

I HATE SCORPIOS