OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

So excited was I about today, I either could not sleep, or dreamed about not being able to sleep (hard to tell).  I first dreamed that LeGo unveiled a new set, The Chocolate Factory.  Then I dreamed LeGo said they were going to revive Bionicle.

So, I wonder what time LeGo will make the announcement.

Or, everyone at LeGo forgot the password to LeGo's account.

(For anyone wondering, it is correct to stylize Lego as LeGo, but no one ever does.  That's why I am)

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Well, if there hasn't been a reveal yet, then if it doesn't happen in the next half an hour, then I'm fine with that. It should leave me just enough time to get home before the announcement! Also, there was a massive storm last night were I live. The weather is predicting more Toa of Lightning! Or it's just saying that Thor's come back from Asgard. Or that the thumbnail mask with the lightningy energy is real. #BONKLESAREBACK

Edit: disregard most of that. SOMEONE REPORT THAT FOR THE NEWS NOW!

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

Look at the way the mask seems to attach! I'd seen a lot of debates over whether the new masks attached from the front or top, but the mask of creation seems like it will attach by clipping to the sides of a head. Very interesting.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

It appears the masks will attach like Throwbot visors. So much for my dream of backwards-compatible masks. Then again, it could be a desire for a looser connection to return to 2001's mask-knocking-off functions

Also, now that we have a spinny of it, it looks even less like Vultraz's mask.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 4

It appears the masks will attach like Throwbot visors. So much for my dream of backwards-compatible masks. Then again, it could be a desire for a looser connection to return to 2001's mask-knocking-off functions

Yep. Not sure how I feel about that.

But hey, Bionicle was confirmed by Lego! Best news I've heard all day!

"Vahki were rarely, if ever, surprised by anything. After years of tracking down and subduing Rahi of all sorts, the order enforcement squads were experienced at handling almost any situation. Add to that foiling the ingenious attempts of some Matoran to try and take unscheduled vacations from work, and Vahki could safely be said to have seen it all."

The masks could still probably be backward-compatible, to an extent. It doesn't look like these attach to a unique connection like Throwbot visors—rather, I'd be willing to bet that those nubs click onto a standard two-module connection like that on the sides of a Glatorian head, Brain Attack head, Glatorian or Hero Factory hand, or even basic Y-joint. If that's the case these will be VERY versatile.

Look at the way the mask seems to attach! I'd seen a lot of debates over whether the new masks attached from the front or top, but the mask of creation seems like it will attach by clipping to the sides of a head. Very interesting.

Well, that's kind of like how real masks attach, right? That raises an interesting question though: what if real masks had pins that you had to hold in your mouth?

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

The masks could still probably be backward-compatible, to an extent. It doesn't look like these attach to a unique connection like Throwbot visors—rather, I'd be willing to bet that those nubs click onto a standard two-module connection like that on the sides of a Glatorian head, Brain Attack head, Glatorian or Hero Factory hand, or even basic Y-joint. If that's the case these will be VERY versatile.

Wouldn't be a very tight connection, though. It would definitely swing, and those clips don't look much more secure than your average visor.

Well, that's kind of like how real masks attach, right? That raises an interesting question though: what if real masks had pins that you had to hold in your mouth?

Oh yes, I agree, and I love it. I can't wait to see what the headpiece these attach to looks like. If it only has to have holes in the side (like those of the Glatorian head), that makes a more realistic face a very real possibility.

Okay, a little late because I got distracted playing Minecraft.  I must say, I accidently went to BZP's main page and saw the news, then went to the announcement page.

That video is the first official thing for Bionicle 2015.  I'm so happy to have seen it.  (having not been a Bionicle fan until 2002, I missed Bionicle's first beginning, but oh well)

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

I missed the bit about it being the Mask of Creation at first - too much excitement. Anyway, if it is a continuation of the old story, I do hope that they'll manage it in a way that isn't super convoluted. 

They might just downplay the existing story and focus more on the new. No real need to explain everything.

• Upvote 1

I missed the bit about it being the Mask of Creation at first - too much excitement. Anyway, if it is a continuation of the old story, I do hope that they'll manage it in a way that isn't super convoluted. 

They might just downplay the existing story and focus more on the new. No real need to explain everything.

That might make sense. 

If it is a continuation, that does make me wonder if we'll hear about Velika at all, though... 

That might make sense. 

If it is a continuation, that does make me wonder if we'll hear about Velika at all, though... 

Personally, I wouldn't really want to see him too involved.

I'm still betting on a reboot, because a quest for the Masks of Power sounds like they're playing out a quest for the masks like 2001.

Made from raw magic and solid gold.

Raw magic.

FINALLY NOT SCIENCE, NOT TECH

FINALLY MAGIC!

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke
Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 3

Now we need to constantly check the Ask Greg topic on LMB to see if Greg says anything/will be on the story team.

I'm still betting on a reboot, because a quest for the Masks of Power sounds like they're playing out a quest for the masks like 2001.

I agree. That doesn't preclude the inclusion of Artakha, but I certainly don't expect this to pick up where the serials left off.

This is still up. http://service.lego.com/en-us/helptopics/products/themes/bionicle/will-bionicle-come-back Seriously, Lego. You just confirmed The Return, and you can't even be bothered to clear up your own website?!

Don't worry, it'll still be there in ten years when the line gets cancelled again.

• Upvote 6

This is still up. http://service.lego.com/en-us/helptopics/products/themes/bionicle/will-bionicle-come-back Seriously, Lego. You just confirmed The Return, and you can't even be bothered to clear up your own website?!

You expect them to update every aspect of the site within an hour of the announcement? Give them a break. Lego Service is an entirely different branch of the organization than those making the announcement. If you're really worried about it, it's plenty easy to shoot an email to Lego Customer Service just to point them in the right direction.

• Upvote 1

This is an excellent time to boost my post count.

Anyways, now I can't wait for Comic-con!

I've never really paid attention to ComicCons, mostly due to living down under, but does LEGO usually reveal things there?

Yup! They used to reveal all sorts of Bionicle stuff at San Diego Comic Con. I remember getting ads for it in the Lego Magazine. Also, Lego gave BZPower some passes to the New York Comic Con.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I've never really paid attention to ComicCons, mostly due to living down under, but does LEGO usually reveal things there?

Yes, but the amount they reveal can vary. This year at San Diego Comic-Con they announced several sets for next year including a LEGO Movie set, three new Mixels, a DC Super Heroes set, etc. They also dropped some hints about next year's Ninjago story at the LEGO Ninjago panel.

Occasionally, especially for licensed themes or big story-based themes. We've known for a while that Lego would have a presence and New York Comic Con in October, and now we know at least one of the things they'll be discussing.

Yes! Greg is on the Story Team!

Edit: Phooey, masterchirox580 beat me to it.

Edited by Willess12

Greg has now confirmed that he is not writing the 2015 story over on the LEGO forums.

My involvement has been doing some consulting work on the story, providing some feedback, stuff like that. I did not write the new story.

-Roki

Edited by Roki
sigflower4.png

Occasionally, especially for licensed themes or big story-based themes. We've known for a while that Lego would have a presence and New York Comic Con in October, and now we know at least one of the things they'll be discussing.

Huhm. Then I'll better keep my eye out then.

Greg has now confirmed that he is not writing the 2015 story over on the LEGO forums.

My involvement has been doing some consulting work on the story, providing some feedback, stuff like that. I did not write the new story.

-Roki

Wonder how the new showrunner's going to be.