OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Wow. I haven't logged on in five years.

I hate reboots. They seem everywhere these days (probably because movies based on preexisting stories are bad or there are contract issues). Maybe returning to the mysterious 2001 roots will be a good thing though. That's when I first discovered BIONICLE. Then again, so many loose ends, I'd prefer a continuation. Or perhaps it's a "flashback" arc, like 2004-2005." Who knows? not us.

October 9-12, 2014.  And, yes, we should add September 19 as a special Bionicle day or something.

With October 9 being my birthday, the announcement's gonna be a fun present.

Know what else October 9th is?

tumblr_maxqjfqvzh1qe2f05.jpg

Hinger Dinger Durgen!

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

I am so glad that is the mask of creation! Perhaps we will finally get Artahka as a set. The new mask connection is not what I was expecting but I like it as long as they are held in place firmly. This is a momentous day indeed! I cannot wait until NYCC is here so we can get a clear look at the sets.

Come my fellow Turaga, we must guide the new Matoran and tell them the tales of the time before time.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I say all of us oldfarts add Turaga infront of our names. :P

It'll defintetly be something to welcome the new members to!

TAK

Haha, maybe I should change my name to Turaga of Virtues. I will if this becomes a thing...

Alright, I'm gonna get the ball rolling on this. As of now...it's a thing.

RahkshiTuraga88 doesn't sound as good as RahkshiToa88. Maybe I'll reveal the actual name of my self-moc...

Yes, please do.

The mask is made from "raw magic"? K.

Anyway, I AM PUMPED! (Yes, I just used caps.) Does the fact that this is the Mask of Creation suggest a continuation? I really hope not, because I like the old story the way it is.

Now we all have to jump in a hype spaceship, piloted by a constraction figure of Benny, and move at hyperspace towards 2015!

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

The mask is made from "raw magic"? K.

Anyway, I AM PUMPED! (Yes, I just used caps.) Does the fact that this is the Mask of Creation suggest a continuation? I really hope not, because I like the old story the way it is.

Now we all have to jump in a hype spaceship, piloted by a constraction figure of Benny, and move at hyperspace towards 2015!

Not necessarily. This could still be a reboot. I'm not sure a continuation would introduce the Mask of Creation first thing, TBH. I feel that a continuation would somehow involve the Ignika the first year or 2.

I don't know if my name would even fit if I put Turaga in front of it.

As for the whole magic thing, I agree with Aanchir. The main difference between now and then is that they're actually saying it's magic this time. Bionicle has always been very Science-fantasy.

Science-fantasty is actually a really good way to put it. That's akin to something like Star Wars...

TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

I'd be fine if it were a reboot, if they didn't use already existing characters. I'm not sure if that even counts as a reboot. Still, I feel like The majesty of the Toa Mata will be ruined as from the leak it looks like its them.

But, hey what are ya gonna do?

This has got me thinking that we'll have to separate the story-line into two different parts. Bionicle : Old Testament and New Testament anyone?

Def changing my name to Turaga.

I heard the sound effect from the intro of the BIONICLE films with the raining LEGO bricks that formed the logo. I keep hearing it described as whispers, I honestly don't hear it.

Pretty sure it's not that sound.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Something all of us missed: Lego Bionicle has had its own FB page since July 2014.  They had to have had it hidden somehow. 

We found the Mask on Lego.com....

We found Bionicle in the countdown URL....

We found the coming soon...

But yet this got missed.  Unless someone saw it and didn't post it on the Rumor topic or anything?

Edit: Speaking of Coming Soon, it's back.

Edited by Willess12

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

is anyone else not feeling the 'made of raw magic and solid gold" description of the Mask of Creation or is that just me?

also, question everyone's probably asked at this point, but do you think the serials will pick up? I'm guessing we'll need to know what's up with Artahka if the Mask of Creation is in play. (if in fact the story is a continuation)

I'm hoping they'll go back to how they did story (year long, rather than HF's weird method of 2-3 stories per year). It'd be cool to get story like we used to. Of course, its too early to say what'll happen.

I hope we see the building system advance more too. I like how HF updated it to a new basic standard, and I think ideally BIONICLE could adapt and add to it. 

All in all, very excited. Can't wait to see more!

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

"In the time before time, the Great Spirit Mata Nui descended from the heavens, bringing to use the virtues of Unity, Duty, and Destiny. But our happiness was not to last. His dark brother, the Makuta, followed Mata Nui to make war against us all. They battled, and after a tremendous struggle, the Makuta was vanquished, once and for all. With his final strength, the Great Spirit reunited our shattered planet, and created this paradise. But the Makuta was not all that threatened our peace. Dark forces of all manner lurk in the shadows around us, ready to strike. And strike us...they will."

Boom. No need to read up on complicated backstory unless you want to, and at the same time, we throw nothing other than some of the serials out the window.

A continuation can work, and it can be good.

• Upvote 3

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I don't think I'm feeling so well about the fatter logo, to be perfectly honest.

bionicle_be_like_small.png

If it weren't for the sharper edges, the thing is borderline Comic Sans.

Bionicle: Doughnut edition. 

I think it looks fine. And the energy leaking through the words makes me feel like the thickness is kind of a shell to the logo you know? The energy is trying to break through. And it fits the aesthetic of this new Bionicle so far. So I can dig it.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I heard the sound effect from the intro of the BIONICLE films with the raining LEGO bricks that formed the logo. I keep hearing it described as whispers, I honestly don't hear it.

Pretty sure it's not that sound.

-Gata signoff.png

It's definitely similar, though. It's the first thing that came to mind for me.

I'm very happy about #BIONICLE2015 and I hope that all us can enjoy the ride. 

But... Wow... IT'S NOTHING. The big surprise is just the Mask of Creation and something that we all knew.

-R. Lih Nit, Toa of Chocoreitu.

Velika is Love. Velika is Life. Velika did NOTHING wrong.

Proud fan of Rebecca Black, BabyMetal and Protector Of Fire's Son.

But... Wow... IT'S NOTHING. The big surprise is just the Mask of Creation and something that we all knew.

It's everything! An official confirmation from Lego is exactly what we needed for everything else as fans to fall into place. We can now look forward to new content and breathe life into Bionicle again. It was worth it.

TAK

rsz_1onua1024.png

It's everything! An official confirmation from Lego is exactly what we needed for everything else as fans to fall into place. We can now look forward to new content and breathe life into Bionicle again. It was worth it.

TAK

It's something really big in importance, but also, it's nothing in information about 2015.

(I don't know if is IN importance or ON importance, sorry if I wrote wrong)

Velika is Love. Velika is Life. Velika did NOTHING wrong.

Proud fan of Rebecca Black, BabyMetal and Protector Of Fire's Son.

TAK

It's something really big in importance, but also, it's nothing in information about 2015.

(I don't know if is IN importance or ON importance, sorry if I wrote wrong)

I wouldn't day that it was completely nothing still. They told us all will be revealed at NYCC in October. It's a bigger stage for this kind of re-launch. Now the hype can build from us.

TAK

rsz_1onua1024.png