OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I think an earlier description said that Skull Slicer is controlled by the Skull Spider mask he wears.  So that's probably why he's under the Lord of Skull Spiders' control rather than Kulta's, if he is an undead warrior.

• Upvote 3

OpAXNpl.jpg

I think an earlier description said that Skull Slicer is controlled by the Skull Spider mask he wears.  So that's probably why he's under the Lord of Skull Spiders' control rather than Kulta's, if he is an undead warrior.

That makes sense. I love how much backstory Slicer has!

• Upvote 3

IetTsFQ.png

Okoto hasn't had much world building because the main focus is on the Ancient City and establishing it. It's smarter to focus world building there instead of Okoto's wilderness due to it being more relevant to the villagers and their history.

• Upvote 2

The reveal of the SKull Grinder's name and the backstory of Skull Slicer has made me very excited about the upcoming summer storyline. Now I'm really interested in learning more about the rest of them. :)

• Upvote 3

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Something tells me that this is just a small bit of a longer trailer. We didn't even get the proper LEGO spinney thingy at the end.

Ding ding ding!

Tahu's all-out fury attack is inspired by the sight of Kopaka being struck down. OTP

Edited by Pereki
  • Upvote 9

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Anyone who really wants the sets ASAP, you can order them from Amazon UK and pick the quickest shipping. I placed my order on Friday and they're scheduled to arrive tomorrow to Connecticut.

I rather not pay out-the-mouth for shipping.

200$? LOL

The shipping was $20 for me? I don't know where the $200 is coming from

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

I really like the backstory tidbits and I'm SO happy Grinder gets a name, the more names the better! It's also nice to get confirmation that Kulta is draining the elemental power from the masks to amass his army of the undead. Slicer also gets a bit more backstory and confirmation that he is being reanimated by LoSS with help from the Mask of Skull Spiders. It's also interesting that he was a beloved arena champion to the villagers long ago. In which case it would have been/would be nice if he got/gets a name too especially given that fact, unless they are focusing on the whole 'his past and memory are lost to time'. I wonder if Kulta's name is inspired by the term 'occult'?

Edited by ToaDraco
  • Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Anyone who really wants the sets ASAP, you can order them from Amazon UK and pick the quickest shipping. I placed my order on Friday and they're scheduled to arrive tomorrow to Connecticut.

I rather not pay out-the-mouth for shipping.

200$? LOL

The shipping was $20 for me? I don't know where the $200 is coming from

For all five sets shipped from the UK costs roughly 180~$ on Amazon.

Edit: Nope, turns out it's 125$. Still, that's a bit out of my price-range for these sets.

Edited by Minty Green

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So:

• Grinder = Kulta, avid mask-hater.
  • Scorpio= Kulta's creation and pet-like-thing? possibly bones?
  • Slicer= Tragic soul who's under Loss' control and also merged with his swords. (no wonder he's called slicer...)
  • LOSS= natural(?) wildlife, seemingly sided with Kulta, controls Slicer telepathically.
  • Basher= ???
  • Warrior= probs just the ancient military. there's a lot of these guys.
  • Upvote 2

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I thought LoSS looked a little too alive to be a Skull. So Grinder's the king, but LoSS is the psychic link. Wait, does that mean that the other Bull-Skull Masked creatures are more free-willed? That would mean Basher could have an identity of his own, while the Skull spider-wearers are under LoSS' complete control.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

So, on my EXCITING ESCAPADES IN SAN FRANCISCO, I checked the Target for new Bonkles (thanks, you Makuta-hearted liar), and no cigar. Would have checked the San Mateo LEGO Store as well, but didn't have time. :(

• Upvote 1

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Kulta, huh? So we are finally getting story. How much do you want to bet Kulta's in the new books? Scorpio is a pet, makes sense, considering he combines with him. Maybe they can combine at will? Dosen't explain much tho. Also theres those stupid leaks flying around

cringe

Remember the Vezon and Kardas commercial? I'm thinking something similar might happen with the Kulta combiner. My logic behind it? Not only is Skull Scorpio missing in the commercial altogether, but also Ekimu. Coincidentally, that's two out of the three characters used to make the combiner. Kulta the Skull Grinder is the notable exception, although the reasonable cause is the fact that he's needed to tell the story in the commercial. Can't make a commercial without the big bad leading his army. Having Skull Slicer use the MoC would be a bit feeble, after all.

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 2

I brought them up because my brain told me to.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'm excited for the new sets and story this summer!!! :D

Who else is planning on getting all of the sets? ^_^

Me.

This is my paaaiiiiin.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

It could be the shortened version that's put on after the commercial has run for a while. Not sure why that'd be posted before the full one, though.

If that's the case, the LEGO Youtube channel really needs better management given how either episodes were released early in foreign dubs, or lack of a regular release schedule.

EDIT: More updates, captainwhitechocolate from tumblr has gotten the July-August LEGO Club Magazine while at the LEGO Store, which has a spread with info on the new villains, particularly Skull Grinder and Skull Slicer. Skull Grinder has a name! So far it's only one spread, so I hope that there's more pages with info on the other Skull Villains.

http://captainwhitechocolate.tumblr.com/post/122886582756/red-alert-skull-grinder-has-a-name-and-two-skull

Isn't this technically a leak? Posted before the issue should come out?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

It could be the shortened version that's put on after the commercial has run for a while. Not sure why that'd be posted before the full one, though.

If that's the case, the LEGO Youtube channel really needs better management given how either episodes were released early in foreign dubs, or lack of a regular release schedule.

EDIT: More updates, captainwhitechocolate from tumblr has gotten the July-August LEGO Club Magazine while at the LEGO Store, which has a spread with info on the new villains, particularly Skull Grinder and Skull Slicer. Skull Grinder has a name! So far it's only one spread, so I hope that there's more pages with info on the other Skull Villains.

http://captainwhitechocolate.tumblr.com/post/122886582756/red-alert-skull-grinder-has-a-name-and-two-skull

Isn't this technically a leak? Posted before the issue should come out?
It was bought in an official Lego Store. A leak is only a leak when it isn't freely given out to the public. Things like next year's sets and what-not are considered leaks.
  • Upvote 1

I'm excited for the new sets and story this summer!!! :D

Who else is planning on getting all of the sets? ^_^

Well, it's just going to bug me if I only buy a few of them, especially because of the drained masks. I need to get as much part variety as I can so I could start MOCing, too. Skull Scorpio might not be a great set, but a great parts pack. I'll still display it in set form for the rest of the year, though.

So I'm thinking that Scorpio was a really late addition to the lineup. I know that his reception has been generally negative, and I think his overall weirdness could be a result of a rushed development.

Most importantly, there's this concept art of the Toa at the city. There's a light for each of the Skull Creatures in their respective locations (blue for Warrior at the gate, green for Slicer at the arena, purple for Basher at the base of the stairway, and red for Kulta within the Forge) except for Skull Scorpio. From that, it seems reasonable to assume that Scorpio just wasn't a part of the picture at that point - ergo, he wasn't envisioned alongside the other Skull Creatures. And then there's the commercial, which also omits him entirely.

And that begs the question of why he was added (assuming he was a late addition). Realistically there is no way to know for sure but I'd like to think LEGO wanted to expand the summer range in response to a better than expected reception of the winter wave.

Edited by Pereki
  • Upvote 4

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I think they realized that releasing only 4 sets would be sad. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I think they've executed the idea of a mess of humanoid body parts cobbled together and repurposed into a bony frame vaguely mimicing an ALIEN scorpion about as well as could be expected. He's SUPPOSED to be ugly as heck. He's completely unnatural. That's his thing.

Maybe it's just that the whole idea is bad conceptually, and they should never have attempted it? I don't like to think of it that way, though. In any case, he's grown on me.

• Upvote 7

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I think they've executed the idea of a mess of humanoid body parts cobbled together and repurposed into a bony frame vaguely mimicing an ALIEN scorpion about as well as could be expected. He's SUPPOSED to be ugly as heck. He's completely unnatural. That's his thing.

Maybe it's just that the whole idea is bad conceptually, and they should never have attempted it? I don't like to think of it that way, though. In any case, he's grown on me.

I don't understand why people don't like him. He's Takadox levels of cool for me, and Takadox was my favorite villain set next to Vamprah. Oh well, nothing can be done about people having horrible opinions. ;)
  • Upvote 1

I don't understand why people don't like him. He's Takadox levels of cool for me, and Takadox was my favorite villain set next to Vamprah. Oh well, nothing can be done about people having horrible opinions. ;)

Literally the only thing wrong with scorpio (in my opinion) is that his legs have no posability.  I feel like it could have been a simple fix, simply adding some technic balls and Y joints, but I'm assuming that doing that might have pushed it out of the price range they were going for.  

His large weird tail is frankly the best part about him.  It is VERY reminiscent of the 01 rahi, especially the tarakava.  No set will ever make every fan happy though.  Oh well!

• Upvote 1

Literally the only thing wrong with scorpio (in my opinion) is that his legs have no posability. I feel like it could have been a simple fix, simply adding some technic balls and Y joints, but I'm assuming that doing that might have pushed it out of the price range they were going for.

His large weird tail is frankly the best part about him. It is VERY reminiscent of the 01 rahi, especially the tarakava. No set will ever make every fan happy though. Oh well!

See, I hear that excuse so many times, but in all honesty what kid wants to have to focus on posing SIX legs plus arms while playing? I know that I get annoyed when limbs go out of place, especially when I was a child, so this would have been a life saver to me. Posability is awesome, but there comes a time when too much is too much. I never got to experience the 01 rahi, but I always remembered wanting all of them. It just seemed so cool that you could build a toy with these mechanical like functions. I truthfully think that the level of posability everyone is asking for is an adult collector thing, since it's extremely impractical. :P Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

Literally the only thing wrong with scorpio (in my opinion) is that his legs have no posability. I feel like it could have been a simple fix, simply adding some technic balls and Y joints, but I'm assuming that doing that might have pushed it out of the price range they were going for.

His large weird tail is frankly the best part about him. It is VERY reminiscent of the 01 rahi, especially the tarakava. No set will ever make every fan happy though. Oh well!

See, I hear that excuse so many times, but in all honesty what kid wants to have to focus on posing SIX legs plus arms while playing? I know that I get annoyed when limbs go out of place, especially when I was a child, so this would have been a life saver to me. Posability is awesome, but there comes a time when too much is too much. I never got to experience the 01 rahi, but I always remembered wanting all of them. It just seemed so cool that you could build a toy with these mechanical like functions. I truthfully think that the level of posability everyone is asking for is an adult collector thing, since it's extremely impractical. :P

I can agree with that.  Honestly, skull scorpio's lack of leg mobility doesn't make him any less fun for me, and i'm a "grown up".  I just understand the reasons why someone would want his legs to be pose-able.  

So I'm thinking that Scorpio was a really late addition to the lineup. I know that his reception has been generally negative, and I think his overall weirdness could be a result of a rushed development.

Most importantly, there's this concept art of the Toa at the city. There's a light for each of the Skull Creatures in their respective locations (blue for Warrior at the gate, green for Slicer at the arena, purple for Basher at the base of the stairway, and red for Kulta within the Forge) except for Skull Scorpio. From that, it seems reasonable to assume that Scorpio just wasn't a part of the picture at that point - ergo, he wasn't envisioned alongside the other Skull Creatures. And then there's the commercial, which also omits him entirely.

And that begs the question of why he was added (assuming he was a late addition). Realistically there is no way to know for sure but I'd like to think LEGO wanted to expand the summer range in response to a better than expected reception of the winter wave.

This makes a lot of sense, actually. I'm guessing that they might've added Scorpio so that there are six villains to match the six Toa.

For the record, I don't mind Scorpio too much myself. Its tail function is pretty cool, and looks like it'll be fun to build. I mostly wish the tail was more fleshed out, like how LoSS hid most of the Technic in the front and middle.

• Upvote 1