OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Apparently, someone went too Legoland California yesterday and saw the summer wave. 

Still waiting for comfirmation, though.

I was there two days ago and they were not yet available. The only new summerish LEGO sets were the Ant-Man set, and the Ninjago spinners. Nothing else though.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

It was nice, seeing a precense of BIONICLE in SDCC. One of the first things you see when heading in mass towards the LEGO booth to purchase the Action Comics 1 set is a large display showcasing Tahu and Ekimu fighting Kulta. All the summer sets were available for sale (so I bought all of them), and they were handing out a free poster of said display, with a 2015 checklist on the back (I picked up six, and are probably going to sell them with the Skull Scorpio mask, when my posse attempts to get them). It was really cool.

That sounds awesome!!! You got a Trans lime Bull Skull Mask?

Hopefully I'll be able to go to NYCC. :)

Edited by Daler99

~Daler

It was nice, seeing a precense of BIONICLE in SDCC. One of the first things you see when heading in mass towards the LEGO booth to purchase the Action Comics 1 set is a large display showcasing Tahu and Ekimu fighting Kulta. All the summer sets were available for sale (so I bought all of them), and they were handing out a free poster of said display, with a 2015 checklist on the back (I picked up six, and are probably going to sell them with the Skull Scorpio mask, when my posse attempts to get them). It was really cool.

That sounds awesome!!! You got a Trans lime Bull Skull Mask?

Hopefully I'll be able to go to NYCC. :)

Unfortunately, I don't have the Trans Scorpio mask yet. They're being handed out tomorrow. However, I should be able to get one, with the help of a party of 3-5 people. Once I get back home to the east coast, I plan on selling the mask for a decent price on either ebay or the BS&T topic, along with the poster I mentioned earlier (do bids starting at $20 sound decent?).

• Upvote 3

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Okay so no sight of anything new at either the Bangor Target, Toys R Us, or Walmart.

HOWEVER there seem to be some new clearances.  The Ultra Agents copter was down to $50 at Target.  Also, the three $15 Toa were marked down to $11 at Walmart.  This means two things:

1. I almost bought a third Gali, and would have bought Lewa were he not sold out

2. They're probably trying to make room for new stock

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

good news everybody, Amazon slipped up on one of their PDF's with this jumble of a quote: "When contact was lost with a planetside an island grotto on After fitting Tosh with a breath mask and breaking his stun cuffs with a shock"

This is two or three different sentences but as I said, It's not meant to be there. This is from island of lost masks apparently, make of it what you will, however I'm confident these sentences are definitely from IoLM, unless Amazon's trolling us.

Source:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEMQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgrieve43pump.mantelshelfbooks.com%2Fpneumatic%2Fi%2Fisland-of-lost-masks-lego-bionicle-chapter-book-1-5924072.pdf&ei=eQKhVeCmAuey7Qad8YfICg&usg=AFQjCNEOoW2zfRaO5vrl5K6hmpeLMfMe_w&bvm=bv.97653015,d.ZGU

Edit: scrap that, well it's on a Bionicle PDF, I just realised I read it in one of Ryders Star wars books once, I think, I'll have to check.

Edited by ToaVagre

good news everybody, Amazon slipped up on one of their PDF's with this jumble of a quote: "When contact was lost with a planetside an island grotto on After fitting Tosh with a breath mask and breaking his stun cuffs with a shock"

This is two or three different sentences but as I said, It's not meant to be there. This is from island of lost masks apparently, make of it what you will, however I'm confident these sentences are definitely from IoLM, unless Amazon's trolling us.

Source:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEMQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgrieve43pump.mantelshelfbooks.com%2Fpneumatic%2Fi%2Fisland-of-lost-masks-lego-bionicle-chapter-book-1-5924072.pdf&ei=eQKhVeCmAuey7Qad8YfICg&usg=AFQjCNEOoW2zfRaO5vrl5K6hmpeLMfMe_w&bvm=bv.97653015,d.ZGU

Edit: scrap that, well it's on a Bionicle PDF, I just realised I read it in one of Ryders Star wars books once, I think, I'll have to check.

What? You think it could be actually backstory?

cringe

The three smaller Toa are on clearance in my local Wal-Mart as well, and apparently LoSS will be too. Probably gonna wait for it to go on clearance to pick up a second one.

How come Walmart's the one putting everything on sale? Don't TRU and Target want to get rid of old stuff too?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Target has plenty of LEGO sets on clearance, just not any of the BIONICLE sets (anymore).

</3

I wish I lived near a Walmart. Actually... no, I don't. 

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I am so happy right now.

http://i.imgur.com/39DFvKN.jpg

Genuinely curious. The description given was they were being raffled out. You'd have a chance of winning one.

So... were there also chances to win multiple? Or could you just keep going back in line?

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I am so happy right now.

HOW?

And more to the point, do you have a plan of what to do with the extras? I wouldn't be opposed to a trade for one of the NYCC masks from last year... :sly:

He had his friends enter the raffle as well. He mentioned it earlier I think.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I am so happy right now.

Genuinely curious. The description given was they were being raffled out. You'd have a chance of winning one.

So... were there also chances to win multiple? Or could you just keep going back in line?

~|ET|~

I am so happy right now.

HOW?

And more to the point, do you have a plan of what to do with the extras? I wouldn't be opposed to a trade for one of the NYCC masks from last year... :sly:

It's simple: I had a party of 6 people (consisting of family and friends of family) to help me out. And yes, it is a raffle. I was just REALLY lucky. :D

In a couple of days, I will be selling them with posters they handed out in the B/S/T section. I plan currently for bids to start at $20, unless you got something good to trade.

Also, I already have the NYCC mask. :)

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Found some photos of the Comic-Con Bionicle Poster on eBay.  I've gotta say, the main image is pretty neat, and I like the checklist on the back, even if none of its art is new.

Front

Back

• Upvote 1

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.

Found some photos of the Comic-Con Bionicle Poster on eBay.  I've gotta say, the main image is pretty neat, and I like the checklist on the back, even if none of its art is new.

Front

Back

That checklist is really pretty, I wouldn't mind something like that being included in the instruction booklets, similar to the Mixels.

IetTsFQ.png

Front

Back

Is the background enviroment of the Protector of Fire on the checklist been seen before? I don't recall it.

Front

Back

That checklist is really pretty, I wouldn't mind something like that being included in the instruction booklets, similar to the Mixels.

No surprise I like a good checklist heh. And that is a nice one. I think including ones like what with future sets would be a great idea.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

How large is the poster?

Anyways, can we expect to see an exclusive mask at the next few Comic-Cons? 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Anyways, can we expect to see an exclusive mask at the next few Comic-Cons?

Oh, the completionists would be upset about that one. But I hope so. More exclusives would start to fix the issue of few masks overall, even if few people could get their hands on them all.

~B~

Update on the graphic novels: apparently they're being written by Ryder Windham, just like the standard books. Makes sense, I guess.

Here's #1's listing on the publisher's site, where I got this from:

http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/titles/ryder-windham/lego-bionicle-graphic-novel-1/9780316266222/

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I don't think Bionicle will ever get an art book, as I don't even know if there are any LEGO artbooks.

Who knows? There's a first for everything. I would think that if any Lego theme were to get an artbook, it'd be Bionicle.

Lyichir's right. I never thought that Bionicle would return as a LEGO theme until the leaks appeared, and look what happened. :bigsmile: 

Update on the graphic novels: apparently they're being written by Ryder Windham, just like the standard books. Makes sense, I guess.

Here's #1's listing on the publisher's site, where I got this from:

http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/titles/ryder-windham/lego-bionicle-graphic-novel-1/9780316266222/

Thanks for the info. I'm a bit dissapointed that we have to wait 'til 24.11. - I'm getting quite impatient, LOL, cause I would love G2 finally get more story background. I am buying Bionicle novels 'til this day so once the G2 novels come out I'm gonna definitely buy them, even though they will probably never be sold in my country -_-

IhDIrLK.jpg