OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I actually saved money by ordering them online. Shipping was free, and I didn't have to pay for gas.

And now I get to obsess over the tracking number for a week, who doesn't love that?

Yay, you get to get the sets a full day before the rest of America! :P

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I actually saved money by ordering them online. Shipping was free, and I didn't have to pay for gas.

And now I get to obsess over the tracking number for a week, who doesn't love that?

Yay, you get to get the sets a full day before the rest of America! :P

I'm in America! At least I THINK I'm in America.

Edited by Spiffy247

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Skull Scorpio seems to be getting the largest shipment, showing up in more stores than all of the other ones which seem to be showing up at only 3% of stores nation wide while Scorpio is at 20% of stores nation wide. Looks like most people who go looking for BIONICLE sets early in hopes of picking some up will be forced to get Skull Scorpio unless they wait until August 1st. If you don't want it, I'll gladly take it off of your hands because Scorpio is my favorite. Oh I just love liking things other people hate. It makes them ragey. XD 

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 2

I'M IN AMERICA TOO.

It's really great and amazing here most of the time... but then Europe gets all the sets a month before we do.  :burnmad:

Dude, most of Europe had to wait until February. It always has to. If anything, we deserve this for always getting sets earlier than they do. XD

I'M IN AMERICA TOO.

It's really great and amazing here most of the time... but then Europe gets all the sets a month before we do.  :burnmad:

That's a really recent thing, actually. In fact I think the past few years have been the only time I've really heard of it happening. In terms of Lego, the US tends to get most things, and usually before most people do.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I'M IN AMERICA TOO.

That's a really recent thing, actually. In fact I think the past few years have been the only time I've really heard of it happening. In terms of Lego, the US tends to get most things, and usually before most people do.

Yeah, 2011 is the first year I recall where Europe got the summer constraction sets first. Before that it was usually America that got the sets first.

Hail Denmark

So the skull masks are indeed masks and not faces.

Well we knew that Slicer had a Skull Spider mask on.  Allegedly he's under LoSS's control, though the description seems to imply otherwise.  If so, I wonder how removing his mask and wearing Lewa's would affect that control.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Skull Grinders mask is so creepy its kinda amazing.

Seriously, I love how creepy both of the new masks are. They do a good job keeping the sets from being cartoonish.

I agree. The new masks are great. I wonder what to expect next.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

I just received the neon green SDCC exclusive mask in the mail this morning, now all I need is Skull Scorpio to put it on... and all the other Skull Villains. I can't wait! I'm so getting Ekimu vs Kulta or Basher first though. I'll be in Seattle when they come out, it's tradition for me to get a new set on vacation because it always happens to fall around the time the new sets come out and that's when I first got Tahu back when Bionicle first came out. Onua was my first choice, but all they had was Tahu, Kopaka, and Pohatu... ah I remember well. 

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Went to WalMart today. Didn't see any new sets (and the guy I asked about it honestly didn't give a Mukau turd), but I did find something else news-worthy.

Pohatu, Gali, LoSS, and Lewa were all on clearance for $11. None of the Protectors or $20 sets had any price difference, but it's nice to see an effort to clear the shelves. And needless to say, I picked up Pohatu, my fourth 2015 set. 

Now if only they can put Onua on clearance again... or I can win that raffle... either way... :P

Edited by Dallior: Rahkshi Lord

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I just received the neon green SDCC exclusive mask in the mail this morning, now all I need is Skull Scorpio to put it on... and all the other Skull Villains. I can't wait! I'm so getting Ekimu vs Kulta or Basher first though. I'll be in Seattle when they come out, it's tradition for me to get a new set on vacation because it always happens to fall around the time the new sets come out and that's when I first got Tahu back when Bionicle first came out. Onua was my first choice, but all they had was Tahu, Kopaka, and Pohatu... ah I remember well. 

Please be sure to post photos of him with the mask on. I'm sure it'll look really cool.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

My local TRU just stocked all the summer sets today (in the US). They are all on shelves early. Check your TRU'S!

I'll try to upload pics later, but this is no lie. Picked up Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder.

Can you also show the UPC's too?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Is there any way to check toys r us inventory online, like with target? I dont want to drive out to toys r us for nothing lol

Yeah, you can get similar codes on receipts.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I checked around today, as I have been doing on Fridays lately, and apparently the TRU near me gets shipments on Saturdays and Wednesdays.  No luck at Target or Walmart.

Sooooo I decided to order them from Amazon.  Won't get them for a couple of weeks but there was free shipping and I don't need to kill my legs with fruitless bike rides anymore.

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

My TrU is full stocked of protectors. Are they worth getting if they aren't reduced in price?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

heck yes, even for their small size, the Protectors are great, with four out of six having the same full articulation the Toa Masters do, and the only major problem with all of them being the slight shelf chest. (there are simple remedies, if you're up for set modding.)

I only have one, and it's generally considered the most boring one, so i'd say they're worth the 10.00 you'd normally spend. (in the US anyway...)

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Yeah.  I don't usually keep track of individual prices to compare, but for example TRU sells the $40 Nerf Pyragon for $50, among other things.

For the past couple years, though, TRU stores have had a price match guarantee, meaning that they will match many of their competitors' prices, including LEGO.com. There are some exceptions, of course — for instance, they will not match the price on a competitor's website if the product is out of stock on that website, which means buying older sets at TRU can be a bit of a gamble. But in most cases this makes the "TRU markup" on LEGO products relatively meaningless.