OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

11313682_1616295011980992_1385495082_n.j

Put this guy together last night, figured I'd share him here.  This is probably one of my favorite combiners ever.  Thing is ssaaaweeeeet.  

Not too fond of him myself, the gold and the trans red don't really mix and certain parts just seem unnecessary and feel like they were put there to make him as bulky as possible. 

It's time to move on.

Why do Tahu and Pohatu's masks have a fake vent on the top rather than a real one, as seen on Gali's mask?. Wouldn't a proper vent look better, allow for better light exposure for the brainstalk, and reduce cost, or is the process too difficult and expensive?

I think it's more likely that the designers decided to integrate the vent feature with the nub on the inside of the mask that fits it to the head.   Gali doesn't really have a proper "vent" either, since there are two holes, which leaves some material in between to contact the head and eyestalk.

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

So do y'all think we'll ever get vehicles in gen 2 Bionicle? I'd really like to dee some cool technic sets. Did hero factory get any vehicles?

As awesome as that would be, I don't think vehicles would really fit in gen2, at least as it is thus far. Mounts however, absolutely. I'm picturing a Protector sized character on the back a cool 4 legged lizard creature like Boga from Star Wars epIII. Maybe even a jungle villager on the back of a large bird as a nod to the Gukku Force or a giant crab like an Ussal. I could also see a gladiator-looking character with a flail weapon on the back of a CCBS horse-like creature too. Any wildlife in general would be great really. 

• Upvote 4

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I'd like to talk about Skull Scorpio, who I'll be getting along with the others tomorrow, for a bit.

Personally, I think he gets a really bad rep.

Now, as an undead scorpion creature...yes. He stinks. BUT.... that's not was Lego was going for.

From my understanding, Skull Scorpio's backstory goes like this. After Kulta raised Slasher, Basher, and all the Warriors from the grave, he still wanted a few more troops and had a few body parts left over. So he took whatever remains were left laying around from bodies that were otherwise beyond saving and harphazardly slapdashed them together into a shape that kinda sorta looked like a scorpion, glued a clockwork tail on its back, and called it Skull Scorpio.

So bam. There you have it. The reason he doesn't REALLY look like a scorpion is because he isn't supposed to. He's just a bunch of humanoid body parts and a mess of other things repurposed in a shape that was never meant to be.

And with that in mind... I think he looks GREAT. I think they succeeded with the feel they were going for. He's supposed to be ugly and misshapen, but in a tragic way, like he's horribly deformed. You're supposed to look at him and feel kind of sorry for the guy.

I dunno... maybe these kinds of things just click better with me. I still plan to modify his legs like Logan did, though I might keep the tail. http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19424-kulta-and-skull-scorpio-mods/

• Upvote 4

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I'd like to talk about Skull Scorpio, who I'll be getting along with the others tomorrow, for a bit.

Now, as an undead scorpion creature...yes. He stinks. BUT.... that's not was Lego was going for.

From my understanding, Skull Scorpio's backstory goes like this. After Kulta raised Slasher, Basher, and all the Warriors from the grave, he still wanted a few more troops and had a few body parts left over. So he took whatever remains were left laying around from bodies that were otherwise beyond saving and harphazardly slapdashed them together into a shape that kinda sorta looked like a scorpion, glued a clockwork tail on its back, and called it Skull Scorpio.

So bam. There you have it. The reason he doesn't REALLY look like a scorpion is because he isn't supposed to. He's just a bunch of humanoid body parts and a mess of other things repurposed in a shape that was never meant to be.

And with that in mind... I think he looks GREAT. I think they succeeded with the feel they were going for. He's supposed to be ugly and misshapen, but in a tragic way, like he's horribly deformed. You're supposed to look at him and feel kind of sorry for the guy.

I dunno... maybe these kinds of things just click better with me. I still plan to modify his legs like Logan did, though I might keep the tail. http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19424-kulta-and-skull-scorpio-mods/

NOOOO. What's wrong with youuu? Don't mess with it. You have to keep things exactly the way they are supposed to be. Permanently. 

• Upvote 1

NOOOO. What's wrong with youuu? Don't mess with it. You have to keep things exactly the way they are supposed to be. Permanently. 

???

• Upvote 1

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

???

!!!!!

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I for one agree. That makes perfect sense to me. He kind of reminds me of the mech creatures from the movie 9: A bunch of random pieces of junk put together to look like a creature.

• Upvote 1

kudley_sig_2.png

Big time Kudley fan, forever T.U.F.F. Puppy fan!

I'm mostly known as FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on other websites, but here, I'm usually known as General Scales!

Sorry for butting in on the conversation, but here's an alternate way of posing Pohatu that I made:

XpAFECT.png

(I think it's under the image size limit) (And sorry for the unsightly wads of tape) 

He uses his boomerangs as if they were a bow and his knife as the arrow. 

Just figured I'd post this in case anyone would like to try it themselves. 

• Upvote 4

bZpOwEr

Sorry for butting in on the conversation, but here's an alternate way of posing Pohatu that I made:

XpAFECT.png

(I think it's under the image size limit) (And sorry for the unsightly wads of tape) 

Awesome!

• Upvote 2

XpAFECT.png

I never even thought of that. Very cool!

• Upvote 1

kudley_sig_2.png

Big time Kudley fan, forever T.U.F.F. Puppy fan!

I'm mostly known as FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on other websites, but here, I'm usually known as General Scales!

As I learned Skull Slicer is actually a single being/individual, I've come to quite like the fact that he wears a skull spider mask. It makes him a little more different and unique. I imagine he could've worn it to identify his self in the arena or something like that. I still wonder why he has four arms and what species he might be. Perhaps a protector, just being reanimated got him some more appendages and height? I'm interested in reading his back story, whenever if ever it comes. I'm predicting we could get a name for him as well, like Kulta. I still have to wonder though why all the media is so strict on calling them by the set names, like Skull Grinder. I get that LEGO wants to simplify things set name wise and keeping canon clear of excessive names but if the characters are gonna get names anyway, I don't see the point in keeping them book exclusive.

As I learned Skull Slicer is actually a single being/individual, I've come to quite like the fact that he wears a skull spider mask. It makes him a little more different and unique. I imagine he could've worn it to identify his self in the arena or something like that. I still wonder why he has four arms and what species he might be. Perhaps a protector, just being reanimated got him some more appendages and height? I'm interested in reading his back story, whenever if ever it comes. I'm predicting we could get a name for him as well, like Kulta. I still have to wonder though why all the media is so strict on calling them by the set names, like Skull Grinder. I get that LEGO wants to simplify things set name wise and keeping canon clear of excessive names but if the characters are gonna get names anyway, I don't see the point in keeping them book exclusive.

Actually, I think that the LEGO Mag confirmed that Skull Slicer has the mask because LoSS used it to control him and turn him evil.

So, he's really the slave of LoSS, who's the lackey of Kulta.

SLAVECEPTION

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I am getting the four small sets tomorrow. In what order do I put them together?

Just throw all the pieces into a giant mosh pit and build them like that all at the same time.

• Upvote 4

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I am getting the four small sets tomorrow. In what order do I put them together?

Just throw all the pieces into a giant mosh pit and build them like that all at the same time.

Sometimes I really feel sad for this little guy. :(

They used to show pictures that specified to not build in the grass, or maybe it was carpet. Either way, it was sound advice.

On a different note, I just got Skull Warrior from TRU using a gift card for $15, and am waiting for LEGO to release them online so I can buy the rest (sweet, sweet VIP points). What is it, 100 points lands you 5 dollars in-store credit? [Really] useful down the line once more sets come out (as I have not only a limited budget, but a limited interest in buying any other LEGO lines). ​Back on topic, I like Warrior. At first I thought he was a little on the small side to be facing Kopaka (same size as Pohatu, btw), then I remember that not only is he cheaper than him, but the Skull Warrior set is supposed to represent one of who-knows-how-many Skull Warriors in the story. The size and power difference makes sense with that in context. As for the colors, I like that silver and trans-orange are unifying colors between all the Skull creatures. Looking forward to buying the rest in... probably this order: Slicer, SG+MM, Basher, and Scorpio.

Edited by -Windrider-

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

Are you kidding? That guy's got it easy. This poor fellow has to be hit in the eye with a projectile every time someone opens a new Lego set to demonstrate why they shouldn't do it.

BqGrdbZ.png

• Upvote 9

bZpOwEr

I've had Scorpio built for a couple of hours now.

To be honest I wasn't very excited for this set, and while he's got a lot of pros and cons, overall, I think he's kinda forgettable. The tail's ugly, even if it's fun to aim and use. Although, I think the legs are fine - the lack of articulation doesn't bother me at all, and they do look awesome, especially together with the rib cage and the spikes on his back.

The only thing that really bothers me about Scorpio is that he has absolutely no solid colors, except for the Technic pin, axles, and rubber band on his tail. If he had a solid color, then not only would he make a better impression, but the tail wouldn't look so hideous (since those Technic parts wouldn't stand out so much).

Anyway, he's an okay set, but I am expecting higher quality from the other four.

Edit: Oh and the SDCC mask looks great on him, as does his regular flat silver mask. The trans-lime one looks more like a "face," whereas the silver one looks more like a helmet.

Edited by Nescent

IetTsFQ.png

They used to show pictures that specified to not build in the grass, or maybe it was carpet. Either way, it was sound advice.

On a different note, I just got Skull Warrior from TRU using a gift card for $15, and am waiting for LEGO to release them online so I can buy the rest (sweet, sweet VIP points). What is it, 100 points lands you 5 dollars in-store credit? [Really] useful down the line once more sets come out (as I have not only a limited budget, but a limited interest in buying any other LEGO lines). ​Back on topic, I like Warrior. At first I thought he was a little on the small side to be facing Kopaka (same size as Pohatu, btw), then I remember that not only is he cheaper than him, but the Skull Warrior set is supposed to represent one of who-knows-how-many Skull Warriors in the story. The size and power difference makes sense with that in context. As for the colors, I like that silver and trans-orange are unifying colors between all the Skull creatures. Looking forward to buying the rest in... probably this order: Slicer, SG+MM, Basher, and Scorpio.

A skilled archer can easily pinpoint Kopaka's weak points in his bulky armor, which as a result makes him a slow target for the agile, hawk-eyed Skull Warriors. People foolishly think of an upfront melee battle when they picture these two fighting, in reality I'm sure that, being the seasoned warriors they are, the Skull Warrior legion would keep their distance and choose to strike him down from afar rather than risking it upfront.

Pohatu may be fast, but a creature that can easily disappear into the sand and snatch him from behind is quite the force to be reckoned with. Skull Scorpio is no joke.

One would think that something as feeble as Skull Basher would be a breeze for ol' Onua, you'd be mistaken to think this. Onua, who has quite a large mass, wouldn't be able to dodge very well. The ancient minotaur could easily use its horns to intimidate and distract while he uses his axes to slash and thunderclap his poor victim who's already struggling with trying to avoid the frenzy of horns striking at him.

And Lewa? His main character trait is recklessness and unpredictability. Slicer has that same battle style, but with FOUR arms to watch out for, rather than just two axes like Lewa, he's almost impossible to defeat without help.

To the people who don't like Scorpio: Sooo... what were your feelings about Takadox and Vamprah..?

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 1

To the people who don't like Scorpio: Sooo... what were your feelings about Takadox and Vamprah..?

I don't really dislike Scorpio, but I thought Takadox was a good set, and Vamprah is one of my all-time favorites.

Takadox (like all the Barraki) has a unique build, and consistent style - he's hunched, gangling, and thorny. I also liked that he used those neat transparent-blue bones.

Vamprah is just so cool, the way his arms fold like bats' wings, and how broad his wingspan is, and how he walks on his elbows (again like a bat)...and I also just happen to love the Phantoka Makuta.

Scorpio's got a great torso design (the ribcage, spikes, and legs all add together to look prickly and dangerous), but that style isn't consistent with the tail, or even the hands and face.

IetTsFQ.png

I don't really dislike Scorpio, but I thought Takadox was a good set, and Vamprah is one of my all-time favorites.

Takadox (like all the Barraki) has a unique build, and consistent style - he's hunched, gangling, and thorny. I also liked that he used those neat transparent-blue bones.

Vamprah is just so cool, the way his arms fold like bats' wings, and how broad his wingspan is, and how he walks on his elbows (again like a bat)...and I also just happen to love the Phantoka Makuta.

Scorpio's got a great torso design (the ribcage, spikes, and legs all add together to look prickly and dangerous), but that style isn't consistent with the tail, or even the hands and face.

I'd like to refer you to my post about Skull Scorpio above.

On another note, I REALLY wanna see people make some Skull-themed mocs. Like a Skull Centaur or something along the lines of Aanchir's Skull Ripper, using whatever trans pieces they can find to try to set them apart from the others. This is gonna be fun.

• Upvote 1

Okay, here's my challenge to people who manage to get their hands on all five summer wave sets.

You get a point for hitting each of these marks.

1. Make a centaur using pieces from all of the Skull villains.

2. You can ONLY use pieces from these sets. nothing else.

3. Incorporate a gear function into at least two of the legs, a kicking action, if you will. Could be front or back.

4.. Find places for all five ribcage pieces (example, two on the bottom part of the torso, one of the humanoid part, and one on each arm, tough any combination is good)

5 (part 1). Incorporate Skull Basher's function on the top half in the form of wings.

5 (part 2). ALSO include a working set of geared arms on top of that to wield weapons.

....yeah. That last one is a doozy. Hit all five marks, though, AND  include both of those functions, and you win bonus points.

That, and, well, you have an amazing toy on your hands, so GO PLAY WITH IT. I know I'm going to give it a whirl.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 1

I have all four small villains. I am taking apart my original Batcave soon to open up space for my Bionicle battle scene. 

Yay =D Which is your favorite?

Skull Slicer for sure! I think he is just excessively neat. I am not the biggest fan of green, but he is awesome.

• Upvote 2

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.