OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Does anyone else think that the mask of creation and skull grinders mask are the two best bionicle masks of all time, when setting aside all the significance of other masks like the hau and just judging them visually? They both have so much detail and look so cool. The symbols on the MoC are a nice touch. Skull grinders mask look so menacing  and reminds me of terminator.

Mask of Creation, definitely. I don't think I'd place Skull Grinder's mask so high though—while it's not a bad mask, it's also not that exceptional, and I'd easily place the design of the Ignika or even the Skull Spider Mask higher.

Urg, I'll agree that the Ignika's design is better than Skull Grinder's, but the Skull Spider mask I definitely think is inferior. SS Mask looks a big-forheaded rip-off of Gali's mask. They both have the same eyes. 

The skull grinder's mask isn't special at all. Just sayin'.

What? I'm...I'm so confused....

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Bionicle has the best mask designs period.  I can't even begin to tell you guys how awesome Skull Grinder's mask is. Ekimu manages to give the cool yet worn Protector's mask a heroic, regal feel.

and that Sawblade Shield is a nice touch. I didn't expect it to come with Ekimu, but now that it has I can't see him without it. 

• Upvote 2

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Hmm, deciding between skull slicer and skull warrior. I think skull warrior looks better, that mask is amazing and the bow is cool, but I'm getting bored of the standard humanoid look and want something a little different.    Skull slicer's four arms are pretty cool and I like trans green. What do y'all think?

Edited by hiddenderek
  • Upvote 1

Hmm, deciding between skull slicer and skull warrior. I think skull warrior looks better, that mask is amazing and the bow is cool, but I'm getting bored of the standard humanoid look and want something a little different.    Skull slicer's four arms are pretty cool and I like trans green. What do y'all think?

Both sets are great, but which you'd prefer depends on what specifically you're looking for. Skull Warrior is pretty much the most basic of the Skull Villains, but he's also solid, with a good selection of new parts and two relatively complex weapons to choose from. Skull Slicer has tons of the new "bone bones" and loads of recolors, but the lack of a unique mask (besides the corrupted Lewa mask) can be a turn-off, and he's pretty sparse as far as shells and shell details are concerned.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The Russian narrator in the beginning sounds like Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont, Game of Thrones).

Man, the American narration would sound so much better with Iain Glen.

EDIT: I have no idea what Pohatu said at the end, but I feel like it was epic.

yybZIcA.png

I mean, just look at that camera angle. Whatever he said, it had impact, man.

- Heir

"There's no way back."

Yeah, pretty legit. 

• Upvote 3

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

has anyone here been able to find the summer sets at walmart yet? I have some gift cards to walmart that I woukd like to use.

I found some at mine in Utah.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I think Warrior looks the coolest, but Slicer is by far the most fun out of the group in my opinion. He doesn't have too much armor hindering his movement and the arms give you such a great range of posing opportunities.

Slicer may not have armor hindering his movement, but from my experience his multiple arms and chain weapon can be even more cumbersome as far as his function is concerned, since they can get tangled up with each other fairly easily. You are correct that as far as posing alone is concerned, more limbs and points of articulation can be a boon, but when it comes to actual play I often find that less is more (which is one of the reasons I'm okay with Lord of Skull Spiders' six legs and limited posability).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think Warrior looks the coolest, but Slicer is by far the most fun out of the group in my opinion. He doesn't have too much armor hindering his movement and the arms give you such a great range of posing opportunities.

Slicer may not have armor hindering his movement, but from my experience his multiple arms and chain weapon can be even more cumbersome as far as his function is concerned, since they can get tangled up with each other fairly easily. You are correct that as far as posing alone is concerned, more limbs and points of articulation can be a boon, but when it comes to actual play I often find that less is more (which is one of the reasons I'm okay with Lord of Skull Spiders' six legs and limited posability).

Eh. The arms don't run into each other if you pose them beforehand to avoid it. On top of that, when playing with the function, I attach the mask grabber to the bottom of his hand so that the chain doesn't get caught up in the commotion. 

I built my Skull Basher set today, and I have to say I like him a lot. He has some really cool weapons and armor. His mask looks good on him too, especially with the horns added to his head. But the best part of all is that he has more PURPLE pieces! I particularly like his purple rib cage for his chest. That is a neat piece.

I do wish that he was a little taller, but overall I'm very glad that I got him.

I also finally got the Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder set! I found it at my nearest Toys R Us, which is in Webster, TX. It was the last one, which is why I'm so happy I checked there before calling it a day. I haven't built it yet, but I look forward to doing so soon! :)

Note: For those who may go looking for Summer Bionicle Sets in the Lego Store in that area, I checked there and they said that they don't have them and may not get them in stock until the end of the week. 

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Just got Skull Warrior, and I love him VERY much. He may be simple, but he's the only set with a proper storing function for TWO different types of weapons, one for melee combat and the other for ranged combat. He's pretty much got it all, not to mention the Skull Mask looks REALLY menacing in a darker color. Overall, I'm extremely pleased with this set, and it doesn't really have any noticeable shortcomings that the other sets don't have in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

After watching all the animated shorts together for the first time, they're not as terrible as I initially thought. They're not great, but they're serviceable. Basically a decent 15 minute cartoon. I could see them putting all the shorts together, upping the animation budget a little, adding voice actors for each individual character, and then extending it from 15 minutes to 22 minutes as a 'special' cartoon event that airs on cartoon network or whatever two times a year (each episode being the 'seasons' we're currently getting if I'm correct that's how this is formatted). Maybe the lord of skull spider fight could have been extended as well, since there wasn't much meat to it besides Onua saying 'we need to work together!' Sadly that's not gonna happen but who knows, there's already a bunch of Lego stuff on CN so I could see it happening in the future.

Edited by hiddenderek

has anyone here been able to find the summer sets at walmart yet? I have some gift cards to walmart that I woukd like to use.

Today I saw Grinder/Ekimu, Basher & Slicer @ my local walmart. No Warrior nor Scopio though

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Had no interest in the LoSS, but I'll definitely be picking up the skull villains when I can. I want to support LEGO for actually bringing the line back- and the sets aren't awful, either :P

- Heir

LoSS is definitely worth getting. His Technic build makes him unique and reminiscent of the old sets. Plus, his Golden Mask is really cool.

• Upvote 1

Just got Basher and Warrior in the mail. Both really cool, I like Basher more, though.

And that concludes the 2015 wave. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Just got Skull Scorpio. Yeahhhh... his mask is automatically my favorite out of the entire 2015 winter/summer wave. I also think he looks lovely, the technic just screams BIONICLE to me, and his function is really cool! I like his overall look and colorscheme, and he makes me very very very happy.

Where are the English episodes and why are the Russians getting everything early? Where's the equality? :P

Also, this implies that the Toa feel extremely week without their masks, to the point that they could lose consciousness.

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 2

Got skull warrior, he's pretty cool. I'm appreciating the villains more as I stack them up side by side. Anyone have a problem with removing the tan pins from his hands? I can't seem to do it :P maybe I'm just weak

Just get a longer axle and push them out.

You cant, theres a thing in the middle prevent Axles from going all the way through.

Got skull warrior, he's pretty cool. I'm appreciating the villains more as I stack them up side by side. Anyone have a problem with removing the tan pins from his hands? I can't seem to do it :P maybe I'm just weak

When you take his bow off, angle each point a certain way and the pin should come off with the bow without any trouble.

You cant, theres a thing in the middle prevent Axles from going all the way through.

I thought they changed that with the new hands? My HF 2.0 guy that I got from the Recon Team thing will let axles all the way through.

Edited by Bonkle

I thought they changed that with the new hands? My HF 2.0 guy that I got from the Recon Team thing will let axles all the way through.

Thats Strange...

But nope, the didn't change that with the new hands.