OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I've talked about this before but I will reitterate my opinion on CCBS and HF.  I never liked hero factory and even hated it in some instances. For whatever naive reason, I had contrived in my head that HF killed bonkle.  

When I first saw the 2015 sets, I was initially extremely excited and literally got punched in the gut with nostalgia.  After the shock wore off, and I really examined the sets, I became upset that they used the same system as hero factory.  I dipped my toes into bionicle 2015 by getting LoSS.  His look and build reminded me of the '01 Rahi.  After building him, I decided to get a few protectors to really see how I felt about CCBS.  I enjoyed building them, but the look still made me think of hero factory.  It wasn't until my girlfriend got me all 6 masters that I really started to get it.  

I put all 6 together in one night, and I started to really like them.  They all just look sooooo good, and the fact that they used the same system as hero factory started to disappear in my mind.  Over a couple of months, I came around completely and I now love the 2015 sets, almost even more than anything from G1.  I still don't like hero factory, but I more than understand the reasons for Lego coming up with CCBS.  The G2 bionicle sets take what Lego seemed to try with HF, and just do it right.  The sets just really blow me away, even still after having them for over half of a year.  The skull villains just kill it too.  

I was able to overcome my nostalgia for the original bionicle, and I can objectively see why the G2 sets are better.  Subjectively, you can prefer whatever bionicle you want, they both have their merits, but I think the only way you could deny the G2 sets being objectively better is if you're clouded with G1 nostalgia.  

• Upvote 4

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

I got the Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder set last week, and I love that set a lot. Kulta has a great build, and his weapons are cool too. The staff that snatches masks from Kulta's enemies does its job very well. :P Ekimu is great too, with solid weapons and a good color scheme. Plus, the set has the Mask of Creation, a huge bonus in my book. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

If an admin were here, they'd tell you to open up a topic discussing the TTV mods instead of spamming this topic. 

Sorry ....?

I was just pointing out just how massive that block quote was, looking like a misshapen Mayan pyramid and shiz.

Edited by AidanBionicle1
  • Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Episode 10 is now up on LEGO's YouTube channel for those of you who have a hard time loading the video on the BIONICLE site. There was also a bit of news to go along with that, the animations will be released on a weekly basis. Expect Episode 11 in English next Monday. 

Edited by Tarvaxx
  • Upvote 1

Episode 10 is now up on LEGO's YouTube channel for those of you who have a hard time loading the video on the BIONICLE site. There was also a bit of news to go along with that, the animations will be released on a weekly basis. Expect Episode 11 in English next Monday. 

hehehe, that's funny. Earlier it said every two weeks, and even earlier they had said every three weeks elsewhere. Seems they're condensing it more and more.

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

hehehe, that's funny. Earlier it said every two weeks, and even earlier they had said every three weeks elsewhere. Seems they're condensing it more and more.

I mean, logically speaking, when the books come out and a majority of people out there has read them, there will be spoilers all over the place, so getting the story wrapped up before amount of time the average person with a life who isn't obsessive would read a book (I'd say a week or even two), you'd at least want to try to cover as much ground as you could before people start spoiling the story in order to keep the animations fresh for people who don't plan on reading the books, or people that were holding off so that the animations would be more surprising. 

Edited by Tarvaxx
  • Upvote 3

Too bad the book isn't on Kindle, (as of right now, and as far as I know) so I could read it ASAP.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

It'll come out on Kindle the same time it comes out in print, the 25th (two weeks from today).

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

It'll come out on Kindle the same time it comes out in print, the 25th (two weeks from today).

Really? Great! Though, I'm not sure I can trust reality anymore...

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Just got skull slicer. At first he was my least favorite if the summer wave along with skull scorpio, but after seeing him in person Im liking the design. It has a very alien quality to it, I could see him being a villain on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles lol. Probably my third favorite set behind Basher and MM vs SG.  The lack of armor and original mask put me off at first, but man trans green just looks wonderful and makes up for it. Easily my favorite transparent color. Also the skull spider mask looks decent enough that re using it doesn't bother me much. The functions my favorite part, I love how complicated the gear box is. Its fun just watching all 7 of those gears turn. Overall a good set.

I wonder if they intended the trans green CCBS bone pieces to be trans green skeleton arms, but didn't have the budget for it. Seems like a lot of the re used parts might have something to do with budget constraints, hopefully they're selling well enough to justify a budget increase for next year's sets

• Upvote 1

So I recently heard that you can order 'missing parts' from Lego. Is that a good alternative to using Bricklink? I need a few duplicates of the Skull Villains' armor.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So I recently heard that you can order 'missing parts' from Lego. Is that a good alternative to using Bricklink? I need a few duplicates of the Skull Villains' armor.

There is a section where you can order pieces that were missing/broken in your purchase (hence Bonkle's "immoral thief" comment), and a Pick-A-Brick section where you can purchase individual pieces.

The Pick-A-Brick service doesn't offer nearly as wide a variety of parts as Bricklink, and I'm not sure if you can order the new Bionicle parts there. Bricklink would probably be the way to go.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

I built Skull Slicer and Skull Basher today (already had Skull Scorpio and Skull Warrior). I love all four Skull villains that I have. All I have left is Ekimu and Kulta. :)

I can definitely say that you will love MMvsSG. Can't stop playing with it.

That's good.  I can't wait to open it! :D

~Daler

I love how Kopaka somehow manages to lead them all in a full circle around the arena before any of them bring up that he is going the wrong way.

Edited by Pereki
  • Upvote 3