OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I liked how the narrator went in-depth a bit about Hammer Flush. Good world-building stuff.

• Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Has anyone spotted an Okoto Alphabet letter in that episode yet? Or a Vahi?

I must find Easter Eggs!

...My eyes hurt. :(

No, actually.  I wasn't looking...  I'll look now.  If I find one, I'll edit this post with what I find.

EDIT:  I looked, but I didn't see any.  I could have missed it, though...

EDIT 2:  I love how Lewa finally used his Jungle powers. :)

Edited by Daler99
  • Upvote 2

~Daler

My guess is that they'll have the throwback in the form of Hammer Flush. To save Lewa, Onua must use his abilities against Skull Slicer in a game of Hammer Flush. If he wins, Lewa gets his mask back. If he loses, Slicer keeps the mask for himself and bad stuff happens in the meantime. 

• Upvote 1

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

My guess is that they'll have the throwback in the form of Hammer Flush. To save Lewa, Onua must use his abilities against Skull Slicer in a game of Hammer Flush. If he wins, Lewa gets his mask back. If he loses, Slicer keeps the mask for himself and bad stuff happens in the meantime. 

That would actually be pretty cool.  I guess Onua is the only one who could participate, seeing as he has a hammer (Skull Slicer doesn't, though...).  I'd love it if Lewa is saved by Onua.

~Daler

That would actually be pretty cool.  I guess Onua is the only one who could participate, seeing as he has a hammer (Skull Slicer doesn't, though...).  I'd love it if Lewa is saved by Onua.

It only makes sense. They could even make it comedic; Slicer doesn't have a hammer and tries to steal Onua's, but Onua knocks him back and wins the game. Slicer will have started out as acting like a really bad guy, but ultimately fails against the Toa.

Then again, it could be a team effort where the other four Toa have to defend Onua from Slicer's attacks, Onua ends up winning the game, and Lewa is saved through the power of unity.

• Upvote 1

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

I love how Kopaka somehow manages to lead them all in a full circle around the arena before any of them bring up that he is going the wrong way.

Kopaka does have a poor sense of direction, can we blame him?

• Upvote 2

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

"let's go to the arena, it'll be fun!"

"We are absoultely, positively, never going to the arena, Lewa."

later...

"oh would you look  at that, we're in the arena."

Lewa: Hey, can we go to the arena! I really wanna go to the arena!

Kopaka: No. We're not going to the arena.

Lewa: Please?

Kopaka: No.

Lewa: PLEASE?

Kopaka: NO.

Lewa: PLEASE!?

Kopaka: NO, AND THAT IS FINAL!

*Later*

Kopaka: *finds Lewa unconscious* This is why I work alone...

• Upvote 4

That would be perfect! Better yet, Lewa gets mind controlled by a Skull Spider and fights along side Skull Slicer with Onua being the one to save him by challenging Slicer to a game of hammer flush.

• Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Has anyone found any misprinted 2015 pieces yet?

Someone found a Hero Pack Hau with a solid orange center.

That sounds...amazing.

Source?

Couldn't find the post, got the picture, though: masks2.png

That would be our own Deevee's mask. During NYCC 2014, LEGO sent hims some prototype parts, including 2 normal hero pack masks and one abnormal, which has a red center. It is currently the most valuable piece of the BIONICLE reboot, with their only being one in the world.

• Upvote 5

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

That sounds...amazing.

Source?

That would be our own Deevee's mask. During NYCC 2014, LEGO sent hims some prototype parts, including 2 normal hero pack masks and one abnormal, which has a red center. It is currently the most valuable piece of the BIONICLE reboot, with their only being one in the world.

The 14k gold masks are far more valuable.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

That sounds...amazing.

Source?

The 14k gold masks are far more valuable.

...That's true. Let me rephrase: it's the most valuable plastic item in the BIONICLE reboot.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

That sounds...amazing.

Source?

All of this is true though to clarify they sent me more than just three of the orange masks, but only one has the solid bit.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Saw this display at Target.  It has Ekimu and Kulta, as well as Skull Scorpio and Skull Warrior.  There are two knobs on the front that turn Ekimu and Kulta.

I got some weird looks using that at my local Target. :P

I'd go absolutely nuts about seeing a new Bionicle display. 

• Upvote 2

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I was at a Wal-Mart just now and found LoSS for 5 bucks. Yessssss. I knew completely forgetting this guy existed for eight months would eventually yield results. Now whenever I think my winter wave is complete I'll actually be right.

The summer wave was also there, except for Warrior. Which is unfortunate, because I was considering picking him up too. Not today, I suppose.

Maybe in eight months.

• Upvote 4

AXKP5KC.png

Well it's not like they're posed badly, they're just neutral, because they need enough space for the spinning function to work.

I thought they were posed pretty badly... I mean their arms are all awkward and they're not even standing up straight. You could give me 20 seconds and I'd be able to find a practical yet still visually appealing pose. My toysrus had that exact same spinning function, yet they still put them in somewhat dramatic poses that worked really well. Edited by Tarvaxx

Well it's not like they're posed badly, they're just neutral, because they need enough space for the spinning function to work.

I thought they were posed pretty badly... I mean their arms are all awkward and they're not even standing up straight. You could give me 20 seconds and I'd be able to find a practical yet still visually appealing pose. My toysrus had that exact same spinning function, yet they still put them in somewhat dramatic poses that worked really well.

Working around the function or not, NO ONE can make an appealing Scorpio pose.

I dunno. I don't think it's impossible. Removing the rubber band helps a lot. Here's my best shot. 

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y493/IXRollOutIX/Scorp_zps3ptfmv6z.jpg

The mighty Rollout never fails to impress. I concede. Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

I dunno. I don't think it's impossible. Removing the rubber band helps a lot. Here's my best shot. 

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y493/IXRollOutIX/Scorp_zps3ptfmv6z.jpg

Nice! Even less nimble Bionicle figures can be given cool poses. ^^

Edit: Large quoted image linked.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

kudley_sig_2.png

Big time Kudley fan, forever T.U.F.F. Puppy fan!

I'm mostly known as FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on other websites, but here, I'm usually known as General Scales!

Nice Skorpio pose!

And I looked through the episodes, no vahi easter eggs. I guess that was just primarily season 1? I'm also keeping an eye out for the nuva symbols. Those seem like they would blend right in with the Okoto designs.

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I did pose the legs a little bit. I rearranged the angled elements that attach the legs to position the left side forward and the right side back. You can also use a similar method to lift up a leg or two. Cheating? Maybe, but I didn't use anything additional. Trust me though, that last pose looks decent from multiple angles. Scorpio is more expressive than some people give the set credit for.  ;)

EDIT: Here's a shot of another pose without any tilted framing:

Scorp2_zpsdjtaf96p.jpg

Edited by IXRollOutIX
  • Upvote 2

Hey that book comes out in a few days, anyone placed an order (I probably should)? 

I preordered it. Though, I don't know if if I'm going to get it 'cause I might not have the funds on my card.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Hey that book comes out in a few days, anyone placed an order (I probably should)? 

Nah, I'm waiting to buy it in store. My family has a Barnes and Noble card which means 10% off in-store purchases. Sometimes we even get additional 20% off coupons in the mail, though we tend to use those on more expensive things like full-color hardcover art books. I wouldn't use one of those on a paperback chapter book unless I had nothing else on my wish list between getting the coupon and when it expires.

• Upvote 1

I haven't pre-ordered it, since I plan to go to my closest Barnes and Noble to get it when its released. But if for some reason I can't find it, I will probably place an order online for it.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Oh, what you did with the legs is pretty cool. I'll try that if I ever get ahold of Scorpio. (for some reason I can't quote anyone on the desktop site, is this a bug? Anyone else experience this? I'm on internet explorer. )

Eh,  probably not gonna get the book. I have a feeling its just going to be really simply written and just standard children novel fare. Makes sense though given its target audience. I'll stick around for impressions to see if its better than I think. Is It just retelling the stories of the animations, but more in depth? I wonder if it will go into details that the animations haven't gotten to yet (like the skull grinder conflict?)

Edited by hiddenderek