OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Edit: I just now noticed that one villager is getting crushed to death, and the other is getting scorched, while the one on the top leaves the other two to die like a jerk. That's freaking dark. What. The Heck.

94c9ef0d0fe57efa4e865a0a0d7dece41c3ce539

And people thought Gen 2 Bionicle wouldn't be as dark as Gen 1 Bionicle. :P

I dug too deep on the internet looking for haters of Bionicle 2015. I- I went too far, and so many brain cells were brutally slaughtered at how pathetic their reasons were and what they said to people who defended it. I won't say any names, for fear of summoning them here, for I fear that my remaining brain cells will die, and I'm only just starting highschool.

So how is everyone enjoying the new sets? :P

I'm going to assume two of those places was Youtube and Facebook, right? I've seen people rage about Gen 2 on both those sites.

Anyways, I really like the majority of the new sets. Especially Lewa, Tahu, The Protectors of Earth and Ice, and Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder. They only sets I'm missing are the Skull Warrior, Skull Scorpio, and Skull Slicer sets, though I plan to hopefully correct that soon. :)

Half right. I don't use Facebook. The second one was DeviantArt. I truly did consider engagin in an argument, but decided it was best not to. And I have nothing against disliking G2, it's when people hate it for stupid reasons that I get annoyed.

Same here. In my opinion, G2 was the best thing to happen to constraction set wise. The sets aren't clones (something G1 couldn't quite get the hang of), the functions are quite stable, etc.

Half right. I don't use Facebook. The second one was DeviantArt. I truly did consider engagin in an argument, but decided it was best not to. And I have nothing against disliking G2, it's when people hate it for stupid reasons that I get annoyed.

Same here. In my opinion, G2 was the best thing to happen to constraction set wise. The sets aren't clones (something G1 couldn't quite get the hang of), the functions are quite stable, etc.

Agreed. Even as someone who's still pretty hooked on G1, I've been really impressed with how they've been able to improve on Hero Factory (which never really got my attention). Solid gearboxes, consistently varied builds; definitely an evolution in the right direction.

• Upvote 1

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

Even as someone who's still pretty hooked on G1, I've been really impressed with how they've been able to improve on Hero Factory (which never really got my attention). Solid gearboxes, consistently varied builds; definitely an evolution in the right direction.

I wouldn't call the new gearbox solid; it pushes the arms 2 modules back (which I find anatomically annoying), the arms have slightly less articulation than non-geared HF/G1 sets, the ridges on the inside limit which gears/parts fit into it, and height control for the toa is messy. To me it's a bit of a low-budget solution, for it's literally stuck on the back of a standard CCBS build.

Nonetheless, it offers the best stability and articulation of any swinging-arm build we've seen. Aligning the arms is no longer an issue, unlike the troublesome metru build, and most sets can hold poses well.

Edited by 32one
  • Upvote 1

That was a good one and I love how OP Onua is and we finally get an episode that puts him in the spot light. I do wish the arena scene lasted 2 episodes as opposed to one. I really like how Pohatu told Onua to 'bash'. It's like how Captain America told Hulk to 'smash'.  :P

• Upvote 2

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Anyone else notice how the Toa are slowly destroying the Ancient City?

• Upvote 4

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I just noticed how in Episode 11, when Pohatu breaks the gate with the rock, Gali and Lewa are staring at him super scared, and Onua's just pushing them along, like "Keep moving, just keep moving..." :P

Also, the corruption in the masks goes away when worn by the wearer. It's not like a "your mask is corrupted for the rest of your days, be under control of baddies, do not pass Go, do not get $200" gimmick.

• Upvote 2

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

So one of the details that I'm really loving so far is how whenever pretty much anything happens one of the Toa will be all "what is happening I don't understand," and Pohatu will have an answer without any explanation. What's he got, future sight or something?

Onua saved Lewa in just the way we could've expected, but my goodness they just keep feeding us wonderful character interaction more and more. Like, isn't a battle scene usually where you scale back on characters and focus on action? We're getting treated to both at once.

• Upvote 3

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Correction: Earth is destroying the Ancient City, which is funny because y'know, earthquakes destroy cities in much the same way. Onua is pretty much disaster personified in a lovable teddy bear kind of guy. Seriously though, he destroys part of the bridge when sending LoSS to his grave, he destroys the whole bridge when he's trying to get rid of the Skull Warrior brigade, and then he destroys the whole Arena with one swing of his hammer and a slight touch of a broken lever (the feather effect). 

Edited by Tarvaxx
  • Upvote 1

Which has more sharp edges: 2006 or 2015?

2006 had some guys with maniacal grins and metal fences, but 2015 has guys being burnt and crushed for entertainment. :P

Actually the more I think about it, the worse it sounds XD.

Zombie spiders and creepy zombie warriors not withstanding?

Are we also sure that Ekimu isn't a vampire? He's been asleep in a sarcophagus/coffin for many years... 

You thout it was Ekimu. But it was I, Dio!

Makuta eventually stopped thinking.

The surprise was vampires!

HA! The area collapsing at the end was genuinely funny. I actually laughed out loud. :D

Also, it looks like they cut out some animation of Pohatu securing Slicer's hands with his Stomerangs. They aren't there in one shot, then just sort of appear in the next. Ah well. Not too hard to imagine what happened there.  :P

EDIT: Whoops. Watched it again, and Pohatu does throw his 'rangs. Guess I missed it. 

Edited by IXRollOutIX
  • Upvote 1

For those who have trouble with the video on Bionicle.com. (Like me.)

Anyways, the tradition of Onua saving Lewa continues! :D Even if Tahu and Kopaka helped him. 

Also, I wonder what Ekimu will think when he sees how much destruction Onua has caused to the city. He will wake up and ask where the Arena and Onua will be in a corner like ' :lookaround: '

• Upvote 4

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I wonder if Pohatu using his weapons to pin Skull Slicer was a reference to Mask of Light when he did the same to Turahk?

Nice catch! There have already been lots of visual nods to the original films so no way that's a coincidence. You don't exactly think of pinning someone to the wall with normal boomerangs.

• Upvote 2

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Which has more sharp edges: 2006 or 2015?

2006 had some guys with maniacal grins and metal fences, but 2015 has guys being burnt and crushed for entertainment. :P

Actually the more I think about it, the worse it sounds XD.

Zombie spiders and creepy zombie warriors not withstanding?

Are we also sure that Ekimu isn't a vampire? He's been asleep in a sarcophagus/coffin for many years...

You thout it was Ekimu. But it was I, Dio!

Makuta eventually stopped thinking.

You now realise that the Stone Mask was a Kanohi that somehow fell to Earth and Kars just took the credit for it.
  • Upvote 1

So one of the details that I'm really loving so far is how whenever pretty much anything happens one of the Toa will be all "what is happening I don't understand," and Pohatu will have an answer without any explanation. What's he got, future sight or something?

Or you could say it's a...bat deduction. 

I actually like this episode. Several shots are epic and the character interaction is nice too. Leave it to the girl to ask "What do we do?" :P. Although Onua looks like he's waddling when he runs with the hammer.  

• Upvote 1

I've noticed that the villains in this series (LoSS and Slicer) don't seem to know how to dodge. They just sorta... stand there and take it. Even if they fight back a little bit, seeing the Toa bum rush these guys one at a time makes these fights feel pretty one-sided.

• Upvote 1

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/