OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

This makes two villains claimed by gravity. 

Gravity Hurts. 

As much as I hate that song, that's a clever joke.

hiss hiss phantoka are the best

No preciousss, everyone knows the Stars are the best precioussss.

Um... I wasn't being sarcastic or joking. *puts on flame-proof armor*

Oh.

*Grabs flame thrower*

:P

• Upvote 1

Gravity Hurts. 

Oh.

*Grabs flame thrower*

offtopic.gif

• Upvote 11

bZpOwEr

*makes u-turn and heads back onto main road*

I hope the episodes continue to improve in quality and tone. Seeing this much character development so early is great, and I can only hope that it continues.

Yeah, same here.

Gravity Hurts. 

Oh.

*Grabs flame thrower*

offtopic.gif

Sorry, sorry.

*Turns around*

• Upvote 1

This is the best episode yet. Am I the only one who thought Onua's broad shoulders prevented the pistons from crushing him? (Before we saw Kopaka)

I did too.

Add me to the party. 

This episode has another letter in the background. That's an I, correct?

Nah, it's an H.

20780528011_1031e8bec9_o.png

YH?

• Upvote 1

This is the best episode yet. Am I the only one who thought Onua's broad shoulders prevented the pistons from crushing him? (Before we saw Kopaka)

I did too.

Add me to the party. 

Nah, it's an H.

YH?

Isn't that a Nuva symbol?

YH?

My guess is that, assuming this is a word that they're doing, we'll have to unscramble the letters at the end to figure it out.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Nah, it's an H.

YH?

The letter on the building is, in fact, an "i".

sZfCUQg.png

I did too.

Add me to the party.

Nah, it's an H.

YH?

While the Okoto alphabet ("y" and "x" are reversed) resembles the Nuva symbols, they are not the same. There are some obvious parallels (like the "t" character almost being Tahu's Nuva symbol upside-down), but no symbol is identical.

EDIT: Kapura'd.

EDIT 2: I'm calling it: the word is going to be a scrambled-up "unItY". We will probably have nine episodes, and if we get a letter at the current pattern of every other episode, we have five letters. Also, considering the theme of the Toa next year (if you saw Amazon), then the word isn't that surprising.

Edited by jed1ndy
  • Upvote 2

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Nah, it's an H.

YH?

sZfCUQg.png

I did too.
Add me to the party.

Nah, it's an H.

YH?

While the Okoto alphabet ("y" and "x" are reversed) resembles the Nuva symbols, they are not the same. There are some obvious parallels (like the "t" character almost being Tahu's Nuva symbol upside-down), but no symbol is identical.

EDIT: Kapura'd.

EDIT 2: I'm calling it: the word is going to be a scrambled-up "unItY". We will probably have nine episodes, and if we get a letter at the current pattern of every other episode, we have five letters. Also, considering the theme of the Toa next year (if you saw Amazon), then the word isn't that surprising.

Alright, thanks for the info.

Finally! The summer wave sets have finally arrived where I live in Canada. Jeez, it felt like it took forever. I gotta say; Kulta and Ekimu are awesome sets. I also didn't realize just how fun it is to remove characters masks with Kulta's weapon.

Kulta: "I'm going to enjoy tearing that fancy mask from your face."

Seriously; he deserves to say that way more than Tuma. :P

• Upvote 1

kudley_sig_2.png

Big time Kudley fan, forever T.U.F.F. Puppy fan!

I'm mostly known as FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on other websites, but here, I'm usually known as General Scales!

Here's what we have on Pohatu:

Batman                      Australian

Gruff voice                  Knows how to handle giant spiders

Boomerangs               Australian Accent

"Detective intuition"

Carries Lewa as Batman carries the dead Jason Todd

And considering how much he laughed, I'd say Skull Slicer was the Joker.

• Upvote 2

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Here's what we have on Pohatu:

Batman                      Australian

Gruff voice                  Knows how to handle giant spiders

Boomerangs               Australian Accent

"Detective intuition"

Carries Lewa as Batman carries the dead Jason Todd

And considering how much he laughed, I'd say Skull Slicer was the Joker.

No, that would mean he targeted Pohatu first, since the Joker has a thing for Batman. I still approve of Pohatman's character. Makes up for having the most basic set.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Now we just need an answer about why he looks like he has a fake arm. Unless he just decided to have silver armour to make people think he has a fake arm, thus making his fake arm a fake fake arm.

His left arm is more heavily armor plated than his right arm.

• Upvote 2

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I got all the summer sets yesterday for my birthday and it's been a blast playing with them. Thoughts from worst to best:

Skull Scorpio: Definitely my least favorite due to bizarre looks and rigid legs. I didn't care about them having much articulation but something like a function where turning a knob rotates them a bit would've been nice. I don't know whether I like it or LoSS better. LoSS has a bit more poseability and looks really cool overall whereas Scorpio has an incredibly addicting function, so I'm torn. I'd probably rule in favor of Scorpio due to the Kakama, since I like it more than the golden Skull Spider Mask.

Skull Slicer: Love how he looks although the function is a bit clunky, what with the colliding swords and chain. Still, I love how he looks and it was great fun building his gearbox. The Miru also looks pretty sweet in those colors (plus I'm in the camp that loves the 2015 design for it so that helps)

Skull Warrior: Relatively standard build but he pulls it off very well. The bow is amazing, the spear is cool and overall the figure itself has both great play value and amazing posing capabilities. The Akaku is my favorite of the drained masks, what with being my 2nd favorite 2015 mask (my favorite being the Kaukau, which didn't get a drained form) and having what I consider to be the best colors for both the Toa and the Skull villain.

Skull Basher: Definitely my favorite of the 4 smaller ones due to its function. At first I was worried because he didn't have a rubber band so I thought his arms would flail wildly. Even though they do flail, the lack of a rubber band allows for such great movement range with his shoulders that I can't fault it. It's my favorite function of the entire wave. Combined with the epic dual axes, makes for my favorite of the smaller sets for the summer. The Pakari is pretty sweet too. This set was only dethroned by...

Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder: Before getting the set, I thought Skull Grinder would be the star of the show. After building it and playing with them, it's definitely Ekimu and the Mask of Creation. I love the way Ekimu's built and how he looks, and the Mask of Creation is now literally my favorite Bionicle mask ever. The hammer and shield look really sweet, the Cinderella carriage wheel was a great touch. While building Grinder was great fun, he's not as impressive as I thought he'd be. The gap is pretty annoying (though I'm willing to forgive it due to the skeleton aesthetic) but what I like the least is that it has an amazing-looking yet annoyingly heavy weapon on one hand and a normal sword on another. I think the sword could've been jettisoned (or adapted as the bottom tip of the spear) and have the spear be dual-wielded. That would've messed up the gear function, though, unless it worked differently, which I'd also do so that both arms swung in unison. I still like the set, though, and I love having him fight the Toa and losing his spear yet still fight them with the sword.

Overall rankings for the year:

18- Lord of Skull Spiders

17- Izotor

16- Scorpio

15- Nilkuu

14- Kivoda

13- Vizuna

12- Slicer

11- Pohatu

10- Lewa

9- Narmoto

8- Korgot

7- Warrior

6- Tahu

5- Onua

4- Basher

3- Gali

2- Kopaka

1- Ekimu vs. Kulta

• Upvote 1

I finally saw the in-store display everyone's been talking about at Target. Of course, Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder happened to be completely sold out too. 

Also, happy birthday, Toa of Galifrey!

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

So, I headed over to the brand new South Seattle LEGO store (Southcenter Mall, for you locals) yesterday, and all of the sets from all year were there. But, inside the LEGO display case, featuring Pohatu, Lewa, Onua, and LoSS, I spotted a conundrum. Pohatu's stormerangs were positioned backwards and with the axle wrong. Upon pointing this out to a store person, they let me TAKE THE SET OUT OF THE DISPLAY AND FIX IT AAAAAAAAAH!!! :D :D :D

Ah, good times.

• Upvote 6

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Nah, it's an H.

YH?

sZfCUQg.png

Hmm. According to the key you gave me, an "i" is this:

20586819509_2d37f96d7a_o.png

Arg confuzzling letters. I do like your theory through. Makes sense.

You must have not seen that I constantly updated it on the topic! That "i", as well as the "i" in my banner, is from v1, while the "i" I compared the screenshot to is from v2.1, which is also in the post comparing the alphabet to the Nuva symbols. Sorry about the confusion! Edited by jed1ndy

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

I'm surprised no one has made the mad max comparison with pohatu yet, considering he sounds Australian

Hasn't anyone? I feel like I've made that comparison a lot (if more about his general aesthetic than his attitude or personality).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Source?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?