OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Need 1 crucial answer about kopaka okoto, I'm planning on getting him in december but I am concerned about the stickers on his legs, do these stickers fit firmly or has anyone experienced the stickers trying to fall off. I havent decided if i want to apply the stickers on after getting him

The stickers haven't fallen off on mine, and I got him back in January. The stickers, from what I have noticed, seem to hold on pretty well and do not easily come off.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Need 1 crucial answer about kopaka okoto, I'm planning on getting him in december but I am concerned about the stickers on his legs, do these stickers fit firmly or has anyone experienced the stickers trying to fall off. I havent decided if i want to apply the stickers on after getting him

I have had no issues whatsoever with the stickers coming off. They're also not hard to apply at all, thanks to the ridge along the center of the shell—it makes it easy to center them correctly on the very first try.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Has anyone else besides me not applied any stickers (on Onua or Kopaka)?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Onua needs them, and they look cool, but Kopaka's can go suck a butt. I haven't applied his and I honestly always forget he is even supposed to have them until people bring them up. He looks perfectly fine without them. So unnecessary.

I plan to forget again after I am finished with this post. My life is happier that way.

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

I want to start a story about my take on 2015, but I don't have any ideas for titles. Do any of y'all have any?

They stay on extremely well. 

They stay on extremely well. 

For the most part, sure. I think people here are giving them to much credit, though. The stickers are actually sort of poorly designed in the fact that they're a flat sticker meant to be applied over a CORNER in the plastic. For both Onua AND Kopaka. The decals stick extremely well onto the completely smooth surfaces, but around the ridge over which they're set, the edges lift slightly over time by nature of design. And that's not with any kind of rough play or misapplication either. I took extreme care when placing them and for the most part left them up on a shelf. The problem isn't super noticeable (I'm sure most people either aren't bothered by it at all, or haven't looked closely enough) but after a little while, it definitely is there. Personally, I wish they would have taken a page from Stomer XL's book and made sure the stickers never went over any corners by splitting them into multiple segments.

Edited by IXRollOutIX
  • Upvote 2

I was watching the legend trailer when I noticed something...

IF we ever get a pre-corrupt Makuta, I don't think it's going to have the glorious trans. purple bones/shells everyone has been waiting for.

Why?

Well, look at Makuta and his colored armor from the Legend trailer:

Video_Makuta_G2.png

Now at Onua's purple shells (forearms):

Onua_Stares_Animation.png

It's obviously darker.

Now some of you may be thinking "but that's solid purple, not transparent. You can't make this comparsion!"

Well, take a look at Basher's animation model, since he's the only guy this year to have a transparent purple shell, which is his torso:

MJOZDgt.png

Trans. purple is represented the same way as purple, dark.

So there's no possible way animated Makuta's shells are trans. purple, but instead they're closer to trans. dark pink.

• Upvote 6

SH0Gxlo.png

I applied all the stickers and have had no issues. Although all of my 2015 sets are in a drawer, so...I wasn't going to expect any. 

I want to start a story about my take on 2015, but I don't have any ideas for titles. Do any of y'all have any?

What is your take on 2015? Can you summarize it in a few words? There's your title - boom, done. 

If you can't, go ahead and highlight the fact that you can't describe your take in a few words. Always a good option - plenty of people have gotten attention with those titles. :P

• Upvote 1

I was watching the legend trailer when I noticed something...
IF we ever get a pre-corrupt Makuta, I don't think it's going to have the glorious trans. purple bones/shells everyone has been waiting for.

Why?
Well, look at Makuta and his colored armor from the Legend trailer:
Video_Makuta_G2.png

Now at Onua's purple shells (forearms):
Onua_Stares_Animation.png

It's obviously darker.
Now some of you may be thinking "but that's solid purple, not transparent. You can't make this comparsion!"

Well, take a look at Basher's animation model, since he's the only guy this year to have a transparent purple shell, which is his torso:
MJOZDgt.png

Trans. purple is represented the same way as purple, dark.
So there's no possible way animated Makuta's shells are trans. purple, but instead they're closer to trans. dark pink.

You have no idea how happy I'd be with it being trans. dark pink. It looks more sinister and matches Ekimu's bright shiny color more. I feel that trans. purple is too dark anyway. It doesn't shine that well. :P

Also, regarding stickers, sets look better when they're canonically accurate to me. So I always apply stickers. I prefer printing, but I still put on stickers. I have noticed the corners of Kopaka's thigh stickers starting to come up a liiiiiitle bit up in the front but its hardly noticeable. Sadly I'm very detail oriented and it bothers me. <.<

Edited by Tarvaxx
  • Upvote 2

I put the stickers on both my Onua and Kopaka sets, and as far as I can tell neither of them had started peeling yet. I personally would've preferred that the sets didn't have stickers at all, because I too don't want them to peel off. But I felt that the sets looked better with the stickers than without them, so I still put them on the sets.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Anyway, about Makuta being pink or whatever. Much as I'd like to see that, I really wouldn't put much stock in what we saw in the video to predict what we might see in a set.

After all, the shade of blue used in set Ekimu's eyes HARDLY matches what we see in the legend video. It matches it so poorly it's not even blue. So yeah.

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

Here's what I actually ended up doing. I bought some extra sticker sheets before measuring and slicing the decals precisely where they would be applied over the ridges in the plastic. That way they're technically two separate stickers applied over a flat surface and joining at the ridge rather than a single sticker applied over the top of a corner. It was particularly tricky to pinpoint exactly where to cut on Onua's given the fact that the corner doesn't line up with any visual cues in the shape or on the printed design.

Kopaka%20Stickers_zpsve0ur7r5.jpg

Onua%20Stickers_zpssdh70nkh.jpg

Of course these shots are taken under studio lights and in HD to illustrate what I've done, but in person things are rather seamless. I haven't had any problem with the stickers peeling around the edges since I've done this. 

• Upvote 4

Anyway, about Makuta being pink or whatever. Much as I'd like to see that, I really wouldn't put much stock in what we saw in the video to predict what we might see in a set.

After all, the shade of blue used in set Ekimu's eyes HARDLY matches what we see in the legend video. It matches it so poorly it's not even blue. So yeah.

Actually, that was an artistic design choice for MoC-less Ekimu. Blue eyes represents the power of the mask filling him, just like how Makuta gets red eyes from the MoUP. Part of me thinks that the reason Nilkuu comes with a blue brainstalk is so you can switch it with Ekimu when he dawns the MoC. If done, both characters have eyes similar to their depictions in media.

Edit: OH, you mean the body color. I think it matches as well as it could, were you expecting trans. cyan? ;)

Edited by Tarvaxx
  • Upvote 2

Nilkuu?

Oh, Protector of Stone. Why can't we refer to them just as Protectors?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Nilkuu?

No offense directed at you, but I couldn't help but giggle at this comment after so many months of hearing people on various sites ramble on about how titles like "Protector of Stone" and "Protector of Fire" could never take the place of proper names (which, for many people, meant nothing short of vaguely foreign-sounding gibberish).

I'm getting better at remembering which names belong to which characters. I can't rattle the names off at the drop of a hat, but by now if you give me a few minutes to think I could come up with which names belonged to which Protectors. But they're certainly not as easy to keep track of as names or titles made up of familiar, meaningful words!

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 3

Nilkuu?

No offense directed at you, but I couldn't help but giggle at this comment after so many months of hearing people on various sites ramble on about how titles like "Protector of Stone" and "Protector of Fire" could never take the place of proper names (which, for many people, meant nothing short of vaguely foreign-sounding gibberish).

I'm getting better at remembering which names belong to which characters. I can't rattle the names off at the drop of a hat, but by now if you give me a few minutes to think I could come up with which names belonged to which Protectors. But they're certainly not as easy to keep track of as names or titles made up of familiar, meaningful words!

I've already memorized them (without even trying all that hard).

Nilkuu, Protector of Stone

Vizuna, Protector of Jungle

Kivoda, Protector of Water

Narmoto, Protector of Fire

Korgot, Protector of Earth

Izotor, Protector of Ice

The irony of it all is I suck at remembering people's names IRL XD.

Actually, that was an artistic design choice for MoC-less Ekimu. Blue eyes represents the power of the mask filling him, just like how Makuta gets red eyes from the MoUP. Part of me thinks that the reason Nilkuu comes with a blue brainstalk is so you can switch it with Ekimu when he dawns the MoC. If done, both characters have eyes similar to their depictions in media.

Edit: OH, you mean the body color. I think it matches as well as it could, were you expecting trans. cyan? ;)

No, I mean eye color. I said eyes like right after I said Ekimu. That winky emote's smugness is misdirected.

And we won't really know if it's an "artistic choice" until we actually see Ekimu wearing the MoCr in the animations. (like, the new ones.) which I don't think we have. I think it's just a detail that changed in the set between when the legend video was made and when the Ekimu set was actually finalized.

AXKP5KC.png

No, I mean eye color. I said eyes like right after I said Ekimu. That winky emote's smugness is misdirected.

And we won't really know if it's an "artistic choice" until we actually see Ekimu wearing the MoCr in the animations. (like, the new ones.) which I don't think we have. I think it's just a detail that changed in the set between when the legend video was made and when the Ekimu set was actually finalized.

I disagree but we'll see. I think the Mask of Creation looks better with blue eyes though. Contrast almost always look better with gold masks on a predominately gold being. The trans lime blends in and looks a bit sickly. :P Edited by Tarvaxx

I disagree but we'll see. I think the Mask of Creation looks better with blue eyes though. Contrast almost always look better with gold masks on a predominately gold being. The trans lime blends in and looks a bit sickly. :P

It bears noting that Kulta keeps his red eyes when he puts on the mask. So we'll see what happens with Ekimu...

AXKP5KC.png

Nilkuu?

I've already memorized them (without even trying all that hard).

Nilkuu, Protector of Stone

Vizuna, Protector of Jungle

Kivoda, Protector of Water

Narmoto, Protector of Fire

Korgot, Protector of Earth

Izotor, Protector of Ice

The irony of it all is I suck at remembering people's names IRL XD.

I thought I would memorize them once I read the book...but they have already planted themselves quite firmly in my mind and won't leave. Especially Korgot and Narmoto, with the emphasis both of them got - Narmoto because of his big role in the animations, and Korgot for being a gal. 

It's really hard to think of Korgot just as the "Protector of Earth" anymore. Maybe it's the "father to son" nature of the Protector job, or maybe just the timing of the two reveals together, but the name Korgot just feels like it's a part of her female identity, and not calling her by that name feels like I just lost a bunch of her personality. But that's probably just me. 

• Upvote 3

Episode 14!

Tragically, it looks like Onua's "Beware their stinger tails!" line was cut (pushed the runtime a little too long, I guess), but at least it got shifted into the title rather than being removed outright.

• Upvote 2

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Episode 14!

Tragically, it looks like Onua's "Beware their stinger tails!" line was cut (pushed the runtime a little too long, I guess), but at least it got shifted into the title rather than being removed outright.

Nice. Couldn't stop laughing at how the toa get thrown around and they stay in firm position (especially tahu)

"I. Hate. Scorpios."

I'm surprised the scorpios ignored kopaka.

I think we know what's gonna happen next. 

SH0Gxlo.png

Some of the movements in this episode were wonky (Kopaka running to protect Pohatu and one of the Scorpios' walking animations) but I really want to highlight that glint animation for Lewa's mask at the end. That was just chapter-and-verse MNOG right there. Exactly how Templar did it.

Edited by Pereki
  • Upvote 2

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Forget MNOG.

That really made me cringe when Tahu stepped on that organic bone.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Forget MNOG.

That really made me cringe when Tahu stepped on that organic bone.

He can't seem to stop stepping on things that trigger enemies.

Someone already suggested that it might be 'UNITY' to potentially hint at the theme of next year's sets.

Called it!

This episode has another letter in the background. That's an I, correct?

Nah, it's an H.

20780528011_1031e8bec9_o.png

YH?

The letter on the building is, in fact, an "i".

sZfCUQg.png

This is the best episode yet. Am I the only one who thought Onua's broad shoulders prevented the pistons from crushing him? (Before we saw Kopaka)

I did too.

Add me to the party.

This episode has another letter in the background. That's an I, correct?

Nah, it's an H.

20780528011_1031e8bec9_o.png

YH?

Isn't that a Nuva symbol?

While the Okoto alphabet ("y" and "x" are reversed) resembles the Nuva symbols, they are not the same. There are some obvious parallels (like the "t" character almost being Tahu's Nuva symbol upside-down), but no symbol is identical.

EDIT: Kapura'd.

EDIT 2: I'm calling it: the word is going to be a scrambled-up "unItY". We will probably have nine episodes, and if we get a letter at the current pattern of every other episode, we have five letters. Also, considering the theme of the Toa next year (if you saw Amazon), then the word isn't that surprising.

Edited by jed1ndy
  • Upvote 2

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

For those who have trouble watching this elsewhere.

Anyways, it was an enjoyable episode. We get another bad joke from Gali AND another one liner from Pohatu. Plus, we see that the Toa have forgotten how teamwork can be effective on their foes. (Looking at you, Tahu and Gali.)

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png