OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

The BZP folks there recorded it, though it's not clear when it's going online.

Yay! Can't wait to see it, hopefully the video is up soon. :)

Mr. Skull Spider has 140 some pieces and is $15 and the 60 piece Toas are also $15. I'm baffled.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty ridiculous but it looks like the Toa are bigger and have more specialized parts, which may explain the price-difference.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Im liking the look of the new Bionicle sets - well, from the ones that have been shown so far, anyway

The designs look pretty cool with the newer Hero Factory pieces being implemented, especially with the gear/Rahi functions and the 2001 eyepieces mixed in - nice little throwback to the original sets

Though im not really a fan of the Lord Of Skull Spiders set - not really a fan of spiders, although that didn't stop me from buying one of the Visorak sets in 2004 - so i may end up buying it anyway

Since i still haven't attempted to complete the rest of the sets, im hoping to keep up with this run

It's nice seeing Bionicle back after these last four years :bigsmile:

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3647-3914 - Shadow118
AC:NL Dream Address: 4000-3430-1167

Onua is so fat

And why is that he meditates? UNDER THE STARS? I thought that was Gali's thing, but apparently all she's good for is telling bad jokes? And it's extremely hard to imagine a buff Toa of Earth meditating under the stars in dark caves.

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

Follow me on Twitter! @sean52711

I'll follow back.

Onua is so fat

And why is that he meditates? UNDER THE STARS? I thought that was Gali's thing, but apparently all she's good for is telling bad jokes? And it's extremely hard to imagine a buff Toa of Earth meditating under the stars in dark caves.

It's building on Onua's role as a wise mediator in the original story. I'm glad they did that and not gruff, boisterous MoL Onua

• Upvote 6

Onua is so fat

It's building on Onua's role as a wise mediator in the original story. I'm glad they did that and not gruff, boisterous MoL Onua

Totally agree with that. It just seems odd when you compare Onua's set vs character. 

Plus it's not like he's fat, more like he skipped leg day.

-NotS

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that joke today...

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

I'll follow back.

Onua is so fat

Totally agree with that. It just seems odd when you compare Onua's set vs character. 

Appearances can be deceiving.

True to real life. He's like a body builder that has a deep side, and you can occasionally catch him reading philosophical books at night... or in a dark cave.

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that joke today...

:P

All the Gali jokes that surfaced today were pretty great too.

-NotS

I haven't heard those yet!

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

I'll follow back.

Taken from the BZP Facebook page (not sure where the source of origin was though)

EDIT: Credit to Terakk for the second pic!

gali_lol.jpg

gali_lol2.jpg

gali_lol3.jpg

*Were in response of new Gali's apparent inability to make jokes

-NotS

Oh man, those were so bad, which is why I am all but waking everyone in my house with laughter at... QUARTER TO 2 IN THE MORNING?!?

Eh, just a few more hours

• Upvote 3

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

I like this style. It's extremely stylized and exaggerated, but it's also got character to it. Something about it reminds me of Samurai Jack.

Samurai Jack always reminded me of Bionicle XD

In particular, MNOG and the Online Animations.

Why are you all (sans Lucina, since she's supporting the new style) hating on the art style? Would you rather have nothing? It looks awesome, too!

I like it, but the overview of Okoto is meh. No Slizer-borders, please

Yeah, its basically Mata Nui with borders... hope its just for the preview...

Well, there goes 10 years of story down the drain :/

I know >.<

Just in case anybody missed it, here is a picture from NYCC showing how the new mask-heads/faces look like:

BzhXauZCAAAZ538.jpg

Clip on, like many guessed, wich I find very interesting.

Aso, it appears to be using the same eye piece that came in 2004.

Totally not backwards compatible though, wich I find a major bummer...

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Yeah, it would have been sweet if that was one of the handful of backward compatible pieces.

Oh well, the '04 eyes weren't backward compatible with the '01 heads either...

Not like you could ever take the 2001 eyes out again.

I tried a few times, but stopped for fear of breaking the head XD

I actually started a topic looking into how to do just that a while back

I even got some decent results from it!

First post on there sounds very... encouraging ^^;

"always use a piece of cloth or tissue or something to protect your fingers as the first few times I did it, i got several cuts down my fingers."

I'm quite content with the 2004 heads, despite they don't look as good. It appears Lego agreed with that.

Wow! I sure am excited for the new Bionicle now! (as if I wasn't already)

All six Toa look really good in CCBS, my favorites probably being Tahu and Onua. I also like tha fact that gears are returning, and new new headpiece looks nice. The masks clipping onto the side is also something interesting, just like real masks (imagine putting a post in your mouth to wear a mask!).

As for the story being a reboot, it wasn't as bad as I though it was going to be. Im hoping in a summer wave that we at least get Makuta and Ekimu as sets, with their masks, and another set with the Mask of Ultimate Power. The new cartoony style for the animations might take a little bit getting used to, though.

(end rant)

• Upvote 1

sig.jpg

The masks clipping onto the side is also something interesting, just like real masks (imagine putting a post in your mouth to wear a mask!).

I can't see why people think those axles are actually there in the story.

They were only there because it needed to attach to the head.

Story has it connect by a form of magnetism.

So they're no chewing on any poles or posts.

How would they even talk in the first place if that were so?

• Upvote 1

Well, I now have reason to know it is definitely a soft reboot -- the old Toa, different world.  I can live with that.

• Upvote 2

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

I just noticed something about the trailer, the mask makers hammers appear to use the same piece as the protectors stud launchers.

They probably do then! And the back of Makuta's hammer looks like a Lord Of Skull Spiders' leg claw and a smaller claw.

Certainly seems to support the idea that they will be released in summer 2015.

It's time to move on.

Does anyone know when the winners of the NYCC silver Tahu mask will be announced, or were they already?

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Where does it say it's soft reboot?

What exactly do you mean there?  As far as I know, the only time we have stuff Lego has actually said is that new video, Lego's FB page, and Bionicle.com.  Everything else is secondary info from people lucky enough to be at comic-con(unless there's something I've missed). 

And secondary info is how I know it's a soft reboot.  I wish I could present hard evidence of it, but... well, maybe Lego will be a little less vague today.

Edit: hey, I heard somewhere (I don't remember where) that Kopaka's legs on the new set don't bend very well.  Maybe this could have something to do with his in-story clumsiness.

Edited by Willess12

Legit pricing and packaging. The protectors look pretty awesome, loving the colour schemes. The pricing is a little steep though - the Canadian pricing is truly devastating. 

-NotS

Ehhh, prices are should have been expected, but of course one couldn't help but hope they'd be a little lower. :P Oh, and I really want to know more about the Lord of Skull Spiders set. Having some sort of action feature totally reminds me of the original Rahi, and that is awesome.

But those pictures? Yesss... Yes, those are exactly what I need for a pet a project of mine. Will have to get started on that ASAP tonight.

~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

What exactly do you mean there? As far as I know, the only time we have stuff Lego has actually said is that new video, Lego's FB page, and Bionicle.com. Everything else is secondary info from people lucky enough to be at comic-con(unless there's something I've missed).

And secondary info is how I know it's a soft reboot. I wish I could present hard evidence of it, but... well, maybe Lego will be a little less vague today.

Edit: hey, I heard somewhere (I don't remember where) that Kopaka's legs on the new set don't bend very well. Maybe this could have something to do with his in-story clumsiness.

Which secondary info?

What exactly do you mean there? As far as I know, the only time we have stuff Lego has actually said is that new video, Lego's FB page, and Bionicle.com. Everything else is secondary info from people lucky enough to be at comic-con(unless there's something I've missed).

And secondary info is how I know it's a soft reboot. I wish I could present hard evidence of it, but... well, maybe Lego will be a little less vague today.

Edit: hey, I heard somewhere (I don't remember where) that Kopaka's legs on the new set don't bend very well. Maybe this could have something to do with his in-story clumsiness.

Which secondary info?

Secondary info is from sources such as TTv, BZPower, or other people at comic con that has been shared with us, but not officially shared by LEGO online.

I like this style. It's extremely stylized and exaggerated, but it's also got character to it. Something about it reminds me of Samurai Jack.

Samurai Jack always reminded me of Bionicle XD

In particular, MNOG and the Online Animations.

Why are you all (sans Lucina, since she's supporting the new style) hating on the art style? Would you rather have nothing? It looks awesome, too!

I like it, but the overview of Okoto is meh. No Slizer-borders, please

Yeah, its basically Mata Nui with borders... hope its just for the preview...

Well, there goes 10 years of story down the drain :/

I know >.<

Just in case anybody missed it, here is a picture from NYCC showing how the new mask-heads/faces look like:

Clip on, like many guessed, wich I find very interesting.

Aso, it appears to be using the same eye piece that came in 2004.

Totally not backwards compatible though, wich I find a major bummer...

It's a new eyepiece. I know, because thanks to last night's Lego store event in New York I am now the proud owner of one (along with many of the other new parts). The eyepiece actually works as a lever which knocks the mask off the head, thus simulating the play feature of the 2001 Toa with a stronger connection. And the masks can attach to a LOT of things—as I suspected, they can basically snap around most parts that feature a 2M axle or cross-axle hole.

I might post the figure I built as a MOC topic sometime soon? In any case, I can answer questions about most of the new parts for those who are wondering.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Here is why I believe TTV. They have separated facts from opinions. Read their actual statement:

We’ve reached a bit of a lull period, so I’m going to type out what we know about Bionicle 2015 very quickly. We got a lot of information, from the new location to the reboot clarification to a hint directed at the Kanohi Vahi (the Mask of Time).

All this information came from official Lego sources, Lego employees and people directly overseeing the franchise. They were all very gracious and very enthusiastic about the line. This is only what we have as of 4pm EST. We will make a new article if any new things are released come the VIP Event tonight.

(Note: 2001-2010 is nicknamed by us as the Mataverse, we’re also calling the new line the Nuvaverse. Not official names, just for better references).

Story:

• It’s a reboot, but a soft reboot
  • The story revolves around two Maskmakers, Ekimu and Makuta, who wear the Mask of Creation and the Mask of Control, respectively. Makuta decided to create the Mask of Ultimate Power, a Mask that controlled all of the elements, but in doing so cast him and his brother into a deep slumber.
  • Okoto is a new island that is reminiscent of Mata Nui but has mountain barriers that separate the element locations.
  • The “Protectors” are the main villagers of Okoto. However, the set Protectors are the elders of the villiage.
  • There are no Matoran or Turaga on Okoto.

• The original Toa awaken without any memory and have forgotten that they are heroes.
  • The reboot was compared to the “Star Trek movies” reboot, where there is a connection to the old universe.
  • There is a Temple of Time on Okoto.
  • There are hints that the original Kanohi Vahi from the Mataverse is only half a mask. More hints were also given towards it being involved with time travel. It could possibly leave the original universe open to continuation and the other half being formed in the Nuvaverse.
  • Specialized terms have been dropped. Certain things have been dropped, certain things have been retained (such as Toa).
  • Bionicle will have several minute long animations that will be released on the website. They are 2D flash animations that were significantly inspired and based on the Mata Nui Online Game. They also bear a slight similarity to the Mixel animations.
  • The story will mostly be told in books in the later half of 2015. They are currently looking at writers (emphasis on the plural) for it. Comics/other media were not mentioned.
  • Masks are connected from the sides of the head. The new heads also have faces and noses. The masks are firmly attached but can be knocked off.
  • Sets are all made with alternate “modes” for the weapons. The designers called this “Adrenaline Mode”.
  • It is planned for a three-year storyline, but that’s general Lego planning. There’s a good possibility that it might continue beyond that, but information isn’t freely given out.

Here’s what we theorize (gleaned from these answers, not official in the slightest):

• Time Trap was also mentioned when discussing the Kanohi Vahi. There is probably some link between the Temple of Time and the second half of the Kanohi Vahi…possibly. Also Krakua?
  • There are no Kanohi powers mentioned in the bios, and the video mentions that Masks can only hold one element (and that the Mask of Ultimate Control was made to control them all). We think that means that Kanohi powers are not in the Nuvaverse and that the Toa use them to “master” their element.
  • We mentioned Mata Nui; we were given an acknowledgement but no further information on him in the Nuvaverse.
  • When asked about the Kanohi, we were told that there is something that the Golden Masks give the Toa that they need in order to win. That was the extent of it.

So there you have it. We’ll give you more when we get it. Until then, stay tuned! Follow @thethreevirtues@illustriousvar and @thejonathanjuan for immediate live tweeting and story bites!

Notice how all speculation is separated and at the bottom. So what they KNOW about the whole Vahi-StarTrek-SoftReboot thing is...

• It’s a reboot, but a soft reboot
  • The original Toa awaken without any memory and have forgotten that they are heroes.
  • The reboot was compared to the “Star Trek movies” reboot, where there is a connection to the old universe.
  • There is a Temple of Time on Okoto.
  • There are hints that the original Kanohi Vahi from the Mataverse is only half a mask. More hints were also given towards it being involved with time travel. It could possibly leave the original universe open to continuation and the other half being formed in the Nuvaverse.

And what they SPECULATE/THEORIZE about the Vahi thing is:

• Time Trap was also mentioned when discussing the Kanohi Vahi. There is probably some link between the Temple of Time and the second half of the Kanohi Vahi…possibly. Also Krakua?
  • We mentioned Mata Nui; we were given an acknowledgement but no further information on him in the Nuvaverse.
  • Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.