OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Perhaps the kid could say the black one in a can?

I can't believe they dumbed down everything. Like Lord of Skull Spiders? Really? Remember when creatures had actual names, like Visorak? I wasn't aware that Bionicles had skulls. It seems so out of place.

Creatures with names? You mean like the Chute Lurker? Gate Guardian? Cable Crawler? Rock Raptor? Colony Drone? Venom Flyer? Ice Vermin? Sea Spider? Lava Hawk? Dagger Spider? Pit War Tortoise? Spider Crab? Toa Terrain Crawler? Swamp Stalker? Lava Eel? Frost Leech? Mata Nui Fishing Bird?

I'm just saying, BIONICLE creatures with generic names are nothing new. And though it might be a surprise, giving everything a weird foreign-sounding name doesn't make everything better. Avatar: The Last Airbender is just one franchise that takes place in an amazing fantasy universe populated by strange creatures that do just fine without needing silly, meaningless made-up names.

None of those were major characters or released as main sets. Like the Lord of Skull Spiders is the main antognist and it just has a generic title. That's like releasing Chima sets with minifigs called Lion Prince, or Eagle Warrior.

We have no idea if the LOSS is the “big bad” or not, and frankly I think it unlikely.

Or if Ninjago had an antagonist called The Overlord. Sometimes, a simple name tells more than "Kraxiklan the Destroyinator" ever will.

* Krakalin

So from a video I watched it seems that the Skull Spiders/Skull Krata are gonna be able to be worn as masks, which means I can use them as Stone Masks :vampire: .

Pohatu already comes with two Stone Masks. :P
  • Upvote 5

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Did anyone also notice that the spikes on lewa master of jungles cheast that the box art makes it look like its connected to his mask, i know its not but looking at the picture just makes me less likely to buy him, cause it reminds me of some generic egyption pharose hat thing (i just don't know why but thats what it reminds me of) even though lewa is my favourte toa im thinking of buying tahu cause he reminds me more of the BIONICLE i grew up with.

Pink squids are royalty.

i kind of made this when i was bored hope you guys like it

didn't you know!?!

meme96abeebfddc6ac4a.jpg

im thinking of buying tahu cause he reminds me more of the BIONICLE i grew up with.

All of us in a nutshell, I suppose.

I have more of a soft spot for Pohatu, since I'm honoring my seven-year-old tradition and getting the stone set first. 

bZpOwEr

im thinking of buying tahu cause he reminds me more of the BIONICLE i grew up with.

I have more of a soft spot for Pohatu, since I'm honoring my seven-year-old tradition and getting the stone set first. 

I think Pohatu is the best looking set so unless I buy all sets at once I'm buying him first.

exactly :) but for some reason im drawn to the new lewa.

I like the new Lewa mostly coz he's green. I do have a problem with his mask though, the original Miru was so amazing and suited him so well, and this one just seems like a generic Hero Factory one or something. D:

I absolutely adore Kopaka and his bulkiness, so I'll be getting him first.

Why not just buy them all? I mean, your wallet will turn to ashes, but it's sooo worth it.

Oh don't worry I am, it's just him I'm getting first. If you meant buy them all at once, I'd love to but I will never be allowed to get more than 2 or 3 at once. xD

Why not just buy them all? I mean, your wallet will turn to ashes, but it's sooo worth it.

Based on the price list BZP reported, that would be around $180 USD for the entire first wave, and $105 for just the Toa. I agree, it's still worth it :P

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Hey, that gives me an idea, what if they release the MOCr in a promotional polybag? They had the solid gold one at NYCC, so they obviously have the mould ready to go.

They COULD release it that way, but they'd have to release it in an actual set as well, I think. They pretty much never create new molds exclusively for promotional polybags, because molds are EXTREMELY expensive and only by selling them in sets can TLG really effectively recoup those losses. Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 3

Indeed. Which is why all the major masks were released in larger titan sets (Avohkii, Kraakhan, OG Ignika, Ignika/Gold Ignika). An exception was the Vahi, which was intended to be included in a retail video game which probably would have cost as much as a titan. But since that didn't work out, it was given away as a promotional item. I think it's safe to assume that the Mask of Creation will be included in a larger set.

Regarding the gold Vahi, it was probably LEGO getting as much out of the mold before retiring it. A lot of premium pieces in Bionicle like the Chroniclers staff and Kraakhan have appeared in various sets so unless they made more of the Mask of Creation then they intended to, I don't see it being released in a polybag.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

I've already saved up enough money to buy them in all one shopping trip. 

The cashier is going to think I'm crazy, I can feel it! 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

Is there anyone bothered by the fact that Lewa is Green Lantern Green instead of the original Mata Green? I'm in the middle. While I like that the color will be used, it would be nice if we could have the old color back in constraction.

I'm very happy about Gali's new color, however. Medium Azure fits so much better for the element of water.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Is there anyone bothered by the fact that Lewa is Green Lantern Green instead of the original Mata Green? I'm in the middle. While I like that the color will be used, it would be nice if we could have the old color back in constraction.

I'm very happy about Gali's new color, however. Medium Azure fits so much better for the element of water.

He's really just shades of grey and yellow with bits of green thrown in, so it shouldn't matter that much. :P But personally I like the new green better. It's closer to the yellow end of the spectrum than Mata green, and is pretty much my favorite shade of green.

• Upvote 3

exactly :) but for some reason im drawn to the new lewa.

I like the new Lewa mostly coz he's green. I do have a problem with his mask though, the original Miru was so amazing and suited him so well, and this one just seems like a generic Hero Factory one or something. D:

exactly! but to me his mask seems to be a mix of old miru and matua hordikas head/mask and i have a thing for green bionicle sets, if u ever sa my room u would see an army of green bionicle sets/hero factory. also its kind of my nik name for hero factory but i have been calling it BIO-factory cause it seemed they were fix the sets of BIONICLE, so each .0 they did i would be like they were using it to fix they pieces from cracking 1.0 the same as the stars, 2.0/3.0 they fixed it but they made small sets, then 4.0 they made them bigger, invasion from below trying to make hero factory still be around while BIONICLE runs in 2015, personly i like hero factory cause i could try new mocs with my old BIONICLE sets.

Edited by willbgamer

Pink squids are royalty.

didn't you know!?!

meme96abeebfddc6ac4a.jpg

How do we know that Lewa is not Mata green?

VERY closely studying the released images. 

in all the images the green looks like the orginal miru color though :???:

Really? There seems to be a difference whenever I look at it. How odd. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

How do we know that Lewa is not Mata green?

Because I literally have seven of his 4M shells and one of his 8x5 torso shell sitting next to me on a MOC my brother built when we were in New York. It's definitely not Dark Green (Mata Green), but rather Bright Green, one shade lighter. Bright Green was never used in BIONICLE but it has existed since the 90s, and constraction parts in that color appeared in the Green Lantern set from 2012.
  • Upvote 1

Gali is Dark Azur, not Medium Azur. Which I think is even better, even though it doesn't match any earlier constraction parts.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Oh, I knew what the color was, I just didn't know the name. You're better than me on that.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Ok thats cool and if u guys havn't seen it already but TTV has a Tahu Master of Fire review from when he went to NYCC. same reason ur bro has some of lewas parts they got a half hour to build AND keep what they got so he made tahu with help from the Design team for the new sets and almost all of Gali and Onua.

Edited by willbgamer

Pink squids are royalty.

didn't you know!?!

meme96abeebfddc6ac4a.jpg

Ok thats cool and if u guys havn't seen it already but TTV has a Tahu Master of Fire review from when he went to NYCC. same reason ur bro has some of lewas parts they got a half hour to build AND keep what they got so he made tahu with help from the Design team for the new sets and almost all of Gali and Onua.

I helped them! :D

But yeah I too managed to make a Tahu Master of Fire as well. I also got a hold of many of the new parts that are going to be used in next years release. Tahu is awesome btw.

Edited by AdaptingChaos
  • Upvote 1

I don't like how half the toa are semi-titans and half are regular. It makes team line-ups look silly and makes the team unbalanced.

Actually, it makes team line-ups look AWESOME. A range of sizes makes each member of a line-up look distinct and makes the group as a whole look more interesting.

Great example right here.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I don't like how half the toa are semi-titans and half are regular. It makes team line-ups look silly and makes the team unbalanced.

I can see the point that you're making, but I'd have to disagree with you. The individuality in the sizes adds a physical personality in addition to a mental one. This makes it much easier for people that haven't yet connected with their characters to learn their personalities.  

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

Actually, it makes team line-ups look AWESOME. A range of sizes makes each member of a line-up look distinct and makes the group as a whole look more interesting.

Great example right here.

Yeah I am in agreement with Lyichir here. As when I saw the Toa standing near each other at Comic Con and in the LEgo Store at the VIP event, they all looked awesome and each one of them seemed unique. I for one am glad this new Bionicle hasn't started out with clone sets (something that got too old, very quick in the last generation of Bionicle).

• Upvote 2

Do you guys think that stores might start clearancing Hero Factory sets for the holiday season to make space for the new Bionicles?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?