OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Although, unless I'm mistaken, it hasn't been confirmed exactly what the upcoming BIONICLE will be. It could very well be a continuation/sequel (instead of a reboot), but one that doesn't require previous knowledge to make it accessible for new fans.

Oh yes, because that worked out so well with the Bara Magna "arc".

• Upvote 1

I spoke with Doodleloot the other night, and we created the greatest plotline for the new Bionicle ever :) I have pasted the portion of the chatlog below:

[08/09/2014 20:13:44] CHARLES: It would be cool if artahka got to be the main focus
[08/09/2014 20:14:06] Hype: i would love that
[08/09/2014 20:14:25] CHARLES: and how the toa must stop evil forces from killing artahka, and using the mask of creation for bad
[08/09/2014 20:15:13] Hype: theyd have to nerf artakha for that though
[08/09/2014 20:15:30] Hype: cause he could probably take on an army by himself as he was in the old story
[08/09/2014 20:18:09] CHARLES: hmm
[08/09/2014 20:18:43] CHARLES: perhaps velika heavily damages the mask?
[08/09/2014 20:18:51] CHARLES: hes a great being after all
[08/09/2014 20:19:19] Hype: do you think they would incorporate velika into the new story though?
[08/09/2014 20:21:08] CHARLES: For all we know, he could be the main villain
[08/09/2014 20:21:21] CHARLES: a great being who decides to take his own path
[08/09/2014 20:21:50] CHARLES: so, imagine velika decides he needs to remove artahka, because he goes outside operational parameters,
[08/09/2014 20:22:01] CHARLES: so he tries to kill him
[08/09/2014 20:22:13] Hype: didnt he already lock up artakha inside that fortress that he was going to blow up?
[08/09/2014 20:22:30] CHARLES: duno
[08/09/2014 20:22:39] CHARLES: please let me fiish my theory :(
[08/09/2014 20:22:43] CHARLES: *finish
[08/09/2014 20:22:49] Hype: sorry, go ahead
[08/09/2014 20:23:51] CHARLES: Artahka escapes being killed by velika, although he is greatly injured, and his mask damaged
[08/09/2014 20:24:30] CHARLES: so artahka retreats into some kind of fortress (preferably on xia (I like xia for no apparent reason)
[08/09/2014 20:24:57] Hype: i know nothing about xia tbh
[08/09/2014 20:25:02] CHARLES: and has the 6 elemental protectors watching over it
[08/09/2014 20:25:11] CHARLES: me neither
[08/09/2014 20:25:16] CHARLES: the name sounds cool though
[08/09/2014 20:25:22] Hype: i like the idea
[08/09/2014 20:25:32] CHARLES: final bit coming
[08/09/2014 20:27:46] CHARLES: velika tells the toa that artahka is dead, and that they need to retrieve the mask of creation from the fortress that artahka is in (so he uses the toa to break in) he then proceeds to kill artahka and run with the mask of creation, and sends sphereus magna into chaos using the masks. and this, gathered friends, is where the tale of bionicle re-begins.
[08/09/2014 20:28:02] CHARLES: *mask
[08/09/2014 20:28:18] CHARLES: good idea
[08/09/2014 20:28:20] CHARLES: ?
[08/09/2014 20:28:35] CHARLES: sorry, I had to tell someone that theory
[08/09/2014 20:28:59] Hype: and then the toa must collect the six golden masks to stand a chance against velika
[08/09/2014 20:29:05] CHARLES: YES
[08/09/2014 20:29:16] CHARLES: :)
[08/09/2014 20:29:22] Hype: but they have to fight both the protectors and the skull spiders to aquire them
[08/09/2014 20:29:35] CHARLES: yup yup double yup
[08/09/2014 20:29:44] CHARLES: this is the greatest storyline ever
[08/09/2014 20:29:55] Hype: we should work at lego
  • Upvote 1

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Definition of Reboot according to the Oxford Dictionary:

'Restart or revive (a process or sequence, especially a series of films or television '

That's a rather poor definition because it fails to explain whether the old story is continued or not (the deciding factor in whether the revival is a reboot or not).

Definition of Reboot according to the Oxford Dictionary:

'Restart or revive (a process or sequence, especially a series of films or television '

That's a rather poor definition because it fails to explain whether the old story is continued or not (the deciding factor in whether the revival is a reboot or not).
When a reboot does not have any correlation to the original, it's sometimes called a remake. Reboot just happens to be a catch-all term. The new Robocop is a remake. The new Star Trek films are a reboot, even moreso because they have a tie to the prime universe, that tie being Spock. Edited by Manterax Prime
  • Upvote 2

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Also, does NOBODY see the resemblence? :P

bionicle_210x227_portalfranchisecard_stiMask_of_Vulture.PNG

What no one realises is that this is in the dimension that Vultraz got dumped in, and he's somehow managed to become their king.

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

The way I always see it... if I reboot my computer, I'm not erasing anything, I'm not reverting to factory settings, I'm just starting it up anew. If I remake a computer, I'm creating a completely new one.

I know that's not a perfect analogy. It's just how I think of it - mostly because when someone says "reboot" I tend to think of computers. :P

• Upvote 2

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Also, does NOBODY see the resemblence? :P

bionicle_210x227_portalfranchisecard_stiMask_of_Vulture.PNG

What no one realises is that this is in the dimension that Vultraz got dumped in, and he's somehow managed to become their king.

So... the magical new mask is just a gold, pointy, crown-like version of Icarax's old Mask of Scavenging? 

That makes about as much sense as everything I've heard lately. Let's roll with it. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Although, unless I'm mistaken, it hasn't been confirmed exactly what the upcoming BIONICLE will be. It could very well be a continuation/sequel (instead of a reboot), but one that doesn't require previous knowledge to make it accessible for new fans.

I vaguely recall that being part of the point of the Bara Magna arc, and you're right in that it was poorly executed. But that doesn't mean it can't work.

• Upvote 1
BZPRPG

I vaguely recall that being part of the point of the Bara Magna arc, and you're right in that it was poorly executed. But that doesn't mean it can't work.

In fact one of the best parts of the Bara-Magna arc in my opinion was that it acted as a sequel. I started liking Bionicle before it but I found that there was so much information that it was difficult to get into. If they made the Bara-Magna arc better and longer and then decided to connect to the MU with Mata-Nui and all that jazz, it would've been amazing. Bara-Magna decided to be a sequel for one year and then whoops not really haha jk lol.

Are we honestly still debating whether or not a continuation is possible?

It's been long since established that a simple summary of all events in Bionicle could be condensed into perhaps one or two sentences, which would then give the starting point for the storyline that continues vaguely off of what was done before. Please, we've beaten this to death, revived it, and beaten it to death a second time. 

• Upvote 3

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

It's been long since established that a simple summary of all events in Bionicle could be condensed into perhaps one or two sentences, which would then give the starting point for the storyline that continues vaguely off of what was done before. Please, we've beaten this to death, revived it, and beaten it to death a second time

Sounds like a typical high-school relationship. 

I'm guessing reboot. Plus I kinda wanna see a reboot, IDK why.

• Upvote 5

I want a continuation. I don't want to see 10 years' worth of story thrown away like a faulty Kanohi. We need King Vultraz. Or Makuta Velika.  :P That is, if "Makuta" becomes a title meaning something like "Bringer of doom" in the future. Plus, although there are loads of loose plot ends, that just means more story for the new Bionicle. 

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

It's been long since established that a simple summary of all events in Bionicle could be condensed into perhaps one or two sentences, which would then give the starting point for the storyline that continues vaguely off of what was done before. Please, we've beaten this to death, revived it, and beaten it to death a second time.

Being possible and being a good or sensible idea are entirely different things. There are lots of ways that the LEGO Group could threaten or doom the new BIONICLE's chances of success that are still "possible".

We all understand that the existing storyline could be presented in condensed form in the event of a continuation, but I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the potential risks of doing so outweigh the potential rewards.

• Upvote 8

Being possible and being a good or sensible idea are entirely different things. There are lots of ways that the LEGO Group could threaten or doom the new BIONICLE's chances of success that are still "possible".

We all understand that the existing storyline could be presented in condensed form in the event of a continuation, but I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the potential risks of doing so outweigh the potential rewards.

What he said.  :D

The reason why people are still debating this is because it's important, and there is a disagreement about it. There is enough proof to show it's unlikely to be a continuation but not enough to prove that it won't be. Most logic leans towards reboot and that's where I'm looking too. "Throwing out ten years of story and canon" does seem a bit wasteful, but it is also difficult to work with, and limits story-writers a lot. Sure a continuation can be done well, but the effort to do so is more than a lot of people would want to bother with when a reboot is much simpler. To make a proper continuation you would have to be very peculiar and careful about what you do to make sure it matches up with all the canon already set up. And how do you know a reboot won't be as interesting or detailed as Bionicle was before? All you can do is wait and enjoy what you have.

• Upvote 3

Regarding the earlier Teridax conversation, I'd rather just see him called "Makuta" (as a proper name), and make him an individual, not a species.  Even then, he doesn't have to be Teridax.  Give him the Mask of Shadows, give him a new personality, done.  There, he's not Teridax, but he is Makuta.

• Upvote 3

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

What he said.  :D

The reason why people are still debating this is because it's important, and there is a disagreement about it. There is enough proof to show it's unlikely to be a continuation but not enough to prove that it won't be. Most logic leans towards reboot and that's where I'm looking too. "Throwing out ten years of story and canon" does seem a bit wasteful, but it is also difficult to work with, and limits story-writers a lot. Sure a continuation can be done well, but the effort to do so is more than a lot of people would want to bother with when a reboot is much simpler. To make a proper continuation you would have to be very peculiar and careful about what you do to make sure it matches up with all the canon already set up. And how do you know a reboot won't be as interesting or detailed as Bionicle was before? All you can do is wait and enjoy what you have.

What is this "evidence". I don't want to get too in detail with the leaks but really, at this point it could go either way. There are new villains we've never seen before. This could either be a reboot or a continuation from this evidence. Some characters we've seen before are there, and in a different form than how they were since the serials stopped being produced. There could be an explanation for this, I personally have one, but if I said what I thought I would be discussing leaks..., so this could be either a reboot or a continuation. There is that mask with the electrical stuff, we've never seen it before, it can go either way. There is no such thing as "enough proof" to show it is a reboot.

When I say reboot here I mean "disregard all continuity", because that is the definition people are using here for some odd reason... even though it doesn't exactly mean that, it can though, but reboot doesn't strictly mean that.

BTW, for some people, 2004 was considered a reboot. For others 2006 was considered a reboot to them. To LEGO and others, 2009 was considered a reboot. So I'm not sure why people call having a reboot as either a retelling or disregarding all continuity. 

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Since there is no doubt that Bionicle is coming back in 2015, I hope that it will continue the story, because there are some things unresolved. And also, I would love to see Bionicle.com back. Oh, yeah! Whoo-Hoo! Man, I missed it so much! It has been four years for Bionicle to come back! :) Anyway, sorry about this excitement. I was very happy about Bionicle's return. :(

Anyway, I wonder what the new gold mask is and what does it mean, but it does look oddly like a gold Mask of Scavenging with a crown attached on it. Does it mean that Vultraz will come back from the Melding Dimension and become a king or ruler of something some how, or is it the Mask of Creation or some other new mask that we never saw before? Hmm...

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

You know, it only looks like a Mask of Scavenging because the mask of scavenging, from the picture on BS01, looks oddly flat because of the angle. When I saw it turned at several angles, it looks no where near the same as the gold mask from the BIONICLE 2015 pic.

• Upvote 1

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

I spoke with Doodleloot the other night, and we created the greatest plotline for the new Bionicle ever :) I have pasted the portion of the chatlog below:

[08/09/2014 20:13:44] CHARLES: It would be cool if artahka got to be the main focus

[08/09/2014 20:14:06] Hype: i would love that

[08/09/2014 20:14:25] CHARLES: and how the toa must stop evil forces from killing artahka, and using the mask of creation for bad

[08/09/2014 20:15:13] Hype: theyd have to nerf artakha for that though

[08/09/2014 20:15:30] Hype: cause he could probably take on an army by himself as he was in the old story

[08/09/2014 20:18:09] CHARLES: hmm

[08/09/2014 20:18:43] CHARLES: perhaps velika heavily damages the mask?

[08/09/2014 20:18:51] CHARLES: hes a great being after all

[08/09/2014 20:19:19] Hype: do you think they would incorporate velika into the new story though?

[08/09/2014 20:21:08] CHARLES: For all we know, he could be the main villain

[08/09/2014 20:21:21] CHARLES: a great being who decides to take his own path

[08/09/2014 20:21:50] CHARLES: so, imagine velika decides he needs to remove artahka, because he goes outside operational parameters,

[08/09/2014 20:22:01] CHARLES: so he tries to kill him

[08/09/2014 20:22:13] Hype: didnt he already lock up artakha inside that fortress that he was going to blow up?

[08/09/2014 20:22:30] CHARLES: duno

[08/09/2014 20:22:39] CHARLES: please let me fiish my theory :(

[08/09/2014 20:22:43] CHARLES: *finish

[08/09/2014 20:22:49] Hype: sorry, go ahead

[08/09/2014 20:23:51] CHARLES: Artahka escapes being killed by velika, although he is greatly injured, and his mask damaged

[08/09/2014 20:24:30] CHARLES: so artahka retreats into some kind of fortress (preferably on xia (I like xia for no apparent reason)

[08/09/2014 20:24:57] Hype: i know nothing about xia tbh

[08/09/2014 20:25:02] CHARLES: and has the 6 elemental protectors watching over it

[08/09/2014 20:25:11] CHARLES: me neither

[08/09/2014 20:25:16] CHARLES: the name sounds cool though

[08/09/2014 20:25:22] Hype: i like the idea

[08/09/2014 20:25:32] CHARLES: final bit coming

[08/09/2014 20:27:46] CHARLES: velika tells the toa that artahka is dead, and that they need to retrieve the mask of creation from the fortress that artahka is in (so he uses the toa to break in) he then proceeds to kill artahka and run with the mask of creation, and sends sphereus magna into chaos using the masks. and this, gathered friends, is where the tale of bionicle re-begins.

[08/09/2014 20:28:02] CHARLES: *mask

[08/09/2014 20:28:18] CHARLES: good idea

[08/09/2014 20:28:20] CHARLES: ?

[08/09/2014 20:28:35] CHARLES: sorry, I had to tell someone that theory

[08/09/2014 20:28:59] Hype: and then the toa must collect the six golden masks to stand a chance against velika

[08/09/2014 20:29:05] CHARLES: YES

[08/09/2014 20:29:16] CHARLES: :)

[08/09/2014 20:29:22] Hype: but they have to fight both the protectors and the skull spiders to aquire them

[08/09/2014 20:29:35] CHARLES: yup yup double yup

[08/09/2014 20:29:44] CHARLES: this is the greatest storyline ever

[08/09/2014 20:29:55] Hype: we should work at lego

I love being ignored. > :(

I don't know how to put this lightly, but not everyone's interested in reading chatlogs in which fans discuss their wild mass guesses to how the story works. The very least you could do is distill the main point into a slightly more readable format. And passive-aggressively whining about how no one's replying to your difficult-to-read post doesn't help matters and just makes you sound like an entitled jerk (gosh, it feels good to be able to say that!).

Anyway, your story idea has the same problem as numerous other concepts for a continuation: it relies heavily on an understanding of various ephemera from the original series. As your friend (or you? Don't know which is which in the log) says, he doesn't know much about Xia. That's from a person who WAS a fan back in the day—new fans won't understand who Artakha is (and what his powers are), who Velika is (and why he's evil), et cetera, et cetera.

And from a personal perspective, I'm not interested in another "siege" storyline like the one in 2006, and your story sounds an awful lot like one. Attacking a fortress in which everyone is out to kill you is a far worse introduction to a story than one that takes time to introduce the characters in a peaceful setting where who they are and what they stand for can be established more effectively. And that doesn't change whether the story is a reboot or a sequel—no matter which it is, it has to market itself to kids who might not even know what a "Bionicle" is, so either way it has to treat the characters as if they're completely new and let the story build up to higher drama from there.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

OMG, the masks look so ugly... Hype Train, drop me off now.

What if they get different masks? As in,  a certain toa doesn't wear the Miru but instead some new mask.

Edited by Boidoh

I personally still hope it's NOT a continuation.  A decade of background story would just make it harder to get into.  Also, to be honest, I kinda want to see what would happen if they gave the franchise a fresh start.

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Pretty sure that just having a poll in the forums won't settle anything other than letting us know how many people want a reboot or continuation.

Also, what's this about a Kaukau and sets?  Pretty sure all we know about Bionicle 2015 so far is that one picture of that mask that kinda looks a bit like the Breez helmet.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Also, what's this about a Kaukau and sets?    Pretty sure all we know about Bionicle 2015 so far is that one picture of that mask that kinda looks a bit like the Breez helmet.

Things happened off-site and we can't talk about it.

Nonono, see, that was my way of saying "dude you do realize we can't talk about leaks and stuff right" without actually saying it.  I'm kinda weird like that.  :P

The way I always see it... if I reboot my computer, I'm not erasing anything, I'm not reverting to factory settings, I'm just starting it up anew. If I remake a computer, I'm creating a completely new one.

I know that's not a perfect analogy. It's just how I think of it - mostly because when someone says "reboot" I tend to think of computers. :P

reboot

[v. ree-boot; n. ree-boot, ree-boot]  IPA  Syllables

Examples

verb (used with object)

to restart (a computer) by loading the operating system; boot again.

verb (used without object)

(of a computer) to be restarted.

noun

an act or instance of restarting a computer.

However, people in this topic are thinking of this, probably: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ContinuityReboot

A Continuity Reboot is the partial or complete elimination of continuity from any and all previous works in a series. You could say it's the creation of an Alternate Universe that shares virtually no canon with the preceding works in a franchise. It's not a Reset Button or Snap Back: while those revert the continuity to a previous state, a Continuity Reboot starts over, providing the authors with a new clean slate to work on. In one form, as far as later works are concerned everything before it is in Canon Discontinuity (to which it sometimes overlaps).

Someone needs to make a poll for the reboot vs continuation question. We need to settle this once and for all. Also, I don't like the new Kaukau. The sets... Epic. Awesomeness incarnate.

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/13955-continuation-vs-reboot/

Enjoy. :) Was Makuta_of_Oz, though, not bonesiii. bones made this one: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/14037-what-kind-of-bionicle-story-return-do-you-want/

• Upvote 2