Poll: Would you like to see a Chima theater movie?

fishers64

Chima Movie Poll  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted unsure/indifferent to both questions. Since I've only seen the first two or three episodes of Chima's first season and not much else on the theme, I can't say that I would be interested in a theatrical movie of LoC. I don't even know if it could have potential to appeal to kids. I would have to see a trailer or two from the movie to see if it would look to be any good, and if it would interest me enough to see it. As it stands now, though, I probably wouldn't go see it if one was to be released.  

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

• 2 weeks later...

I voted "unsure" and "yes". I did not really enjoy what I've seen of the Legends of Chima TV series. But I've heard it's improved, and even if it hasn't, I imagine Lego would devote whatever resources they could muster to making a Chima movie enjoyable, which means the quality of the TV series might not determine the quality of the movie. I do think that a Chima movie would have loads of potential, just like I think the Chima storyline in general has loads of potential—it'd all depend on whether Lego capitalized on that potential.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Perhaps. It does bring up the question of how it would be done. Could it be done in live-action/CGI and directed by Hollywood favorites like Michael Bay or JJ Abrams? :P

(I'm just kidding about that last part. Please don't kill me)

I don't see why everyone hates JJ Abrams. The only reason people say anything about him are his Star Trek films, and anyone who says they're bad movies is ignorant and biased and don't realize that they're strong movies with powerful and layered plot, moving and interesting characters, and anything else a movie needs to be great. If people are upset that he decided to butcher the original Star Trek and its exploration concepts, I feel pity, but if you start going around and ranting about it and hating it because you want to, I don't. He wanted to make good movies and copy-pasting the plots of the old movies/style would not have accomplished that.

To get back on topic I feel that a Chima theatrical movie would just make me feel embarrassed to be a Lego fan. I really don't like Chima because it's one of those shows that is made especially (and I mean especially) for kids and it's hard for adults to like. Ninjago is different because it actually has parts and concepts that can be appreciated by anyone.

Perhaps. It does bring up the question of how it would be done. Could it be done in live-action/CGI and directed by Hollywood favorites like Michael Bay or JJ Abrams? :P

(I'm just kidding about that last part. Please don't kill me)

I don't see why everyone hates JJ Abrams. The only reason people say anything about him are his Star Trek films, and anyone who says they're bad movies is ignorant and biased and don't realize that they're strong movies with powerful and layered plot, moving and interesting characters, and anything else a movie needs to be great. If people are upset that he decided to butcher the original Star Trek and its exploration concepts, I feel pity, but if you start going around and ranting about it and hating it because you want to, I don't. He wanted to make good movies and copy-pasting the plots of the old movies/style would not have accomplished that.

To get back on topic I feel that a Chima theatrical movie would just make me feel embarrassed to be a Lego fan. I really don't like Chima because it's one of those shows that is made especially (and I mean especially) for kids and it's hard for adults to like. Ninjago is different because it actually has parts and concepts that can be appreciated by anyone.

I was talking about Bay's apparent obsession with explosions and Abrams' obsession with lens flares. :P

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~