The Bionicle Mythology

Tuuli

For the longest time, since I can remember I have been totally interested in the Bionicle mythology. Now, the name 'Bionicle' as we know is short for: "Biological Chronicle"

What is Bionicle? A story of biomechanical heroes fighting a deadly virus to save their people. These heroes are the Toa. The toa defend the villages known as koro, where matoran reside and are led by Turaga elders. The story goes on, as the Makuta attempts to enslave the matoran sending his infected servants to terrorize them, and place infected kanohi masks on their faces.

But that is similar behavior to a virus, right? The virus (Makuta) uses viruses and infection (using his infected masks and kraata) which infects the red blood cells (The matoran) just as viruses do in the body. Real life viruses attach to a human cell, and inject their dna into the cell causing it to produce more viruses within the cell, until it bursts open releasing more viruses into other cells! This could be a similar instance when Ahkmou tried to infect the fellow Po-matoran with the comet Koli balls.

The toa could be similar to white blood cells, defending the red blood cells and killing infections and viruses. They defend the cells and restore balance and health to the body. The great spirit Mata-nui depended on his matoran to work or he would go ill and die.

This has been how I have thought of Bionicle ever since we found out that Mata Nui was a giant robot. I also thought of the Protodermis chutes as blood vessels, and the Archives as Mata Nui's Memory. 

More ideas!

Le-Metru: Gross Motor functions

Coliseum: Brain Stem, but upside down

Po-Metru: Imagination/Creativity

Ko-Metru: Analytical thinking skills and decision making

Ga-Metru: Processes new learned things

Ta-Metru: Fine motor skills

Edited by RahkshiToa88
  • Upvote 2

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

The question is, what would cancer be in these analogies?  Zyglak?  Probably not Bohrok, they're probably just another type of white blood cell and stuff.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Probably Makuta but I don't think Mata-Nui suffered from any cancer so to say, it was more of a viral infection as Makuta work with viruses to create their servants and infect others. But zyglak could be some type of infection, and what about those Barraki?

The question is, what would cancer be in these analogies? Zyglak? Probably not Bohrok, they're probably just another type of white blood cell and stuff.

Bohrok are facial lotion. You can never unthink it now.

Childhood ruined. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

Nah, Bohrok are also white blood cells.  They're just specialized differently.

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

The question is, what would cancer be in these analogies? Zyglak? Probably not Bohrok, they're probably just another type of white blood cell and stuff.

)_)

(_(

Too true, too true.

• Upvote 4
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Zyglak is food poisoning.

Kraata are AIDs

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I always thought of the MU as a computer, where the inhabitants were the various programs running the system.

If I were to think of it as the human body, I would say a few things:

1. Voya Nui is the culmination of blood platelets covering a wound.

2. The Rahi could be red blood cells (RBCs, as I refer to them), but can be easily infected with a virus, as the Makuta can control them using infected masks.

3. The Core Processor is the brain, Karda Nui is the heart, obviously...

4. The Pit could be... the liver? It keeps (or kept) bad things away from the rest of the body or attempted to purify them, so maybe.

That's all I have to say for now!

• Upvote 1

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Thanks a lot. I was terrified of danged L'Oreal.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Apparently the idea behind having living beings inside of Mata Nui's body came from one of the people on the Bionicle team who had a brain tumor which he had to take medication for. He imagined the pills containing tiny soldiers who would go inside his body and help fight the disease. That's why the original Toa canisters look like pills.

• Upvote 2

Apparently the idea behind having living beings inside of Mata Nui's body came from one of the people on the Bionicle team who had a brain tumor which he had to take medication for. He imagined the pills containing tiny soldiers who would go inside his body and help fight the disease. That's why the original Toa canisters look like pills.

That's kinda sad, and yet kinda neat.

Would the OoMN count as a nerve system? With all the "carry out the will" stuff.

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro

That's kinda sad, and yet kinda neat.

Would the OoMN count as a nerve system? With all the "carry out the will" stuff.

Maybe. That's a good thought.

Edited by MrStoneEdge