So, I Heard You Wanted To Know Rocka's First Name?

Don't know if this goes here. Well, i had a Savage Planet DVD copy for... A month or so. I checked the credits to see if there was a first name for Rocka, I was surprised that there was no first name. My DVD scratched a few days ago so I got a new copy yesterday, when I got to the credits I was surprised with my discovery. lolwut.png Was it a running change or something?

Do not trust corrupted memories.

Don't know if this goes here. Well, i had a Savage Planet DVD copy for... A month or so. I checked the credits to see if there was a first name for Rocka, I was surprised that there was no first name. My DVD scratched a few days ago so I got a new copy yesterday, when I got to the credits I was surprised with my discovery. Was it a running change or something?

I'm not sure. It's awfully strange. I think it was an idea at first, but was changed. He was NEVER referred to as Daniel Rocka once though; neither comic nor episode (or any promotional media for that matter).

Spongebob played Rocka?

Yes, Tom Kenny provided the voice for Rocka. Edited by Makaru

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

He was voiced by Tom Kenny?

Guys, this is off topic. If you had read this article or this article on HEROsector01, you would have known that already. :P I don't know how accurate this is, because the credits were most likely made long before the episode, comic, or set was.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

That's.... very interesting. Is this definite proof his name is Daniel? ~Argentum~

No, it's not. As I said above, it was most likely changed later on for some reason. He was never referred to as Daniel once ― anywhere. It's odd, and is most likely a mistake that was changed. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

That's.... very interesting. Is this definite proof his name is Daniel? ~Argentum~

No, it's not. As I said above, it was most likely changed later on for some reason. He was never referred to as Daniel once ― anywhere. It's odd, and is most likely a mistake that was changed.
But these are the later copies of the episode. It could be real, as people called him Daniel before the episode. And surely they (the person/people who created the credits) would have checked with LEGO that Daniel was the official name? ~Argentum~

~ Argentum

No, it's not. As I said above, it was most likely changed later on for some reason. He was never referred to as Daniel once ― anywhere. It's odd, and is most likely a mistake that was changed.
But these are the later copies of the episode. It could be real, as people called him Daniel before the episode. And surely they (the person/people who created the credits) would have checked with LEGO that Daniel was the official name? ~Argentum~
They may not be the later run of the disc.
  • [*]They may have been made in another production facility that hasn't updated the data for the disc[*]He may have bought an older copy because the store may not have restocked.

It's weird, and we should also discuss it on HEROsector01. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

• [*]They may have been made in another production facility that hasn't updated the data for the disc[*]He may have bought an older copy because the store may not have restocked.

1. The data on the disc should be the same for everywhere. The data supplied is the same.2. It depends on the date of manufacture. If we could know that, we'd know for certain. And I honestly don't see why the discussion can't just be decided here xD. ~Argentum~

~ Argentum

1. The data on the disc should be the same for everywhere. The data supplied is the same.2. It depends on the date of manufacture. If we could know that, we'd know for certain. And I honestly don't see why the discussion can't just be decided here xD. ~Argentum~
When I said the data on the disc may not have been updated, I meant the production facility may not have gotten the update yet. That happens all the time in goods that are manufactured. ;) We should discuss it on HEROsector01 because Page names and content on the wiki don't pertain to BZPower. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

But are we necessarily discussing content related to the wiki? Isn't that a secondary discussion that is happening whilst discussing whether Rocka's name is Daniel or not? Also, surely they wouldn't update data for a DVD. It just doesn't seem logical. They'd make it the same for all. They aren't made in a high enough quantity for the data to be changed only for different manufacturers :P. If anything, they're all manufactured in the same place. That leads me on to the fact that Vinyl Scratch would have bought the DVD in the same basic location, I.E city, town etc. It's not very often that different manufacturers are used in the same location, apart from major companies such as Coca Cola or even LEGO. ~Argentum~

~ Argentum

Also, surely they wouldn't update data for a DVD. It just doesn't seem logical. They'd make it the same for all. They aren't made in a high enough quantity for the data to be changed only for different manufacturers :P. If anything, they're all manufactured in the same place. ~Argentum~

Well, if one DVD didn't have a first name, and another on did, there would have HAD to have been an update at some point in time. :drooling: Anyways, does this belong in Hero Factory Set Discussion, or should it be in LEGO Discussion? This isn't really a "set". :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Also, surely they wouldn't update data for a DVD. It just doesn't seem logical. They'd make it the same for all. They aren't made in a high enough quantity for the data to be changed only for different manufacturers :P. If anything, they're all manufactured in the same place. ~Argentum~

Well, if one DVD didn't have a first name, and another on did, there would have HAD to have been an update at some point in time. :drooling:
Lol, I didn't say what I meant xD. What I meant was that surely they wouldn't update the data for a DVD without supplying it to all manufacturers? It doesn't seem logical. That's what I meant, not what I said. ~Argentum~

~ Argentum

Well, if one DVD didn't have a first name, and another on did, there would have HAD to have been an update at some point in time. :drooling:
Lol, I didn't say what I meant xD. What I meant was that surely they wouldn't update the data for a DVD without supplying it to all manufacturers? It doesn't seem logical. That's what I meant, not what I said. ~Argentum~
Oh, thank goodness. I was about to say...Yeah, the thing is, not everybody gets the stuff at the same time, and even if they do, it takes some time to stop a whole production run and change it in the middle of it. I don't know. Let's not call it official yet, because surely we will get a for sure on it soon. ;) Maybe we could ask Greg too. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Man is there any HF discussion that doesn't end up with Meiko making propaganda for the wiki at some point? And I say this in the most amiable way possible, but really.Anyways, I care not for technitialities. I find this to be an interesting find and will incorporate it into my headcanon.

AXKP5KC.png

I say Leo would work better. Maybe the Daniel thing was photoshopped? or painted, for that matter. Look on the toolbar. Paint is open. A simple edit could fix this. I would like to point out that Rocka's HS01 page has his name in the trivia section, rather than the title of the page. If I'm not mistaken, regular members cannot change a page's title. This was done by a regular member within the last few days. I hate to say it, but I think this is a fan trying to canonize a rumor.

Edited by Zarohum

Hmm... good job on the detective work. Maybe he'll get official named in the next line.

Edited by GeluNumber1

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I say Leo would work better. Maybe the Daniel thing was photoshopped? or painted, for that matter. Look on the toolbar. Paint is open. A simple edit could fix this. I would like to point out that Rocka's HS01 page has his name in the trivia section, rather than the title of the page. If I'm not mistaken, regular members cannot change a page's title. This was done by a regular member within the last few days. I hate to say it, but I think this is a fan trying to canonize a rumor.

The Daniel part is not photoshopped. I know it's weird, and I'm still trying to figure it out. By the way, I wrote that trivia statement, because it is a piece of trivia. I did that because other members were trying to canonize the rumor, so this only states that it happened and is there, not being officially canon. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Thanks for pointing out the trivia thing; until this is all sorted out, I'm just going to leave things neutral by not mentioning anything, and protect the page. Huzzah for BIONICLE making us all paranoid, neh?The name "Daniel", when it first appeared on Wikipedia, has already been debunked as the work of a fan, but this thing is something new entirely. I'm not sure why they would bother to re-release a DVD just for this small alteration. Even if they did, it seems a tad sloppy their part; I didn't think the point of Wikipedia was to reward people who put in false information. But we'll see, I suppose...

Edited by Dorek

Thanks for pointing out the trivia thing; until this is all sorted out, I'm just going to leave things neutral by not mentioning anything, and protect the page. Huzzah for BIONICLE making us all paranoid, neh? The name "Daniel", when it first appeared on Wikipedia, has already been debunked as the work of a fan, but this thing is something new entirely. I'm not sure why they would bother to re-release a DVD just for this small alteration. Even if they did, it seems a tad sloppy their part; I didn't think the point of Wikipedia was to reward people who put in false information. But we'll see, I suppose...

No, but the point of LEGO isn't to punish people who believe false information. ;) Since Daniel Rocka quickly became widespread especially in places where nobody was around to reveal the source of the rumor, it's easier to just call the character by the reasonable name he's already being called than to try to give him a different name and possibly alienate people who thought the name had been "changed".Personally I like the name Daniel, and I think it's a great gesture on TLG's part that they took a fan nickname into consideration when deciding on a name for the character. It shows that they're not out-of-touch with their fans, even without a system like Ask Greg wherein the fans and writers can communicate one-on-one.

Daniel? All Bakugan references aside, what happened to first names in HF? How did they suddenly become obscure?

How is Daniel an obscure name?
Daniel is the 8th most given name in the United States actually, so I wouldn't call it obscure. Source

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

That's not what he meant. He meant how they're so infrequently used in promotional material and the story, which is a valid point. First names used to be common, now they're infrequently used to the point of where Rocka's first name was never even officially released. The last time I can recall first names being used in story was when Witch Doctor called Stormer "Preston" in Savage Planet. Also cool Daniel. Whether this is declared official or not I've always called him Daniel and will continue to do so. :D -Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Spongebob played Rocka?

i stated this on the BZP group on everyone's favorite social networking website in august. i quote: "ROCKA IS PLAYED BY SPONGEBOB!?!?!?!?"And also, Fire Lord, Zib and Witch Doctor always called Stormer "Preston" because they knew him personally in the past. Edited by poutwuw

LlqByyh.png

Spongebob played Rocka?

i stated this on the BZP group on everyone's favorite social networking website in august. i quote: "ROCKA IS PLAYED BY SPONGEBOB!?!?!?!?"
You don't have to get so hyped-up at that. Not everybody has an account on that site, and not everybody is in the group. Take that into mind next time. :closedeyes:Besides, it's a common observation, so it's not your discovery or own idea.Also, why is this in Set Discussion? Shouldn't it be in LEGO Discussion or even the Hero Factory Topic?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I'll be the first one to admit that I was wrong, and indeed I am - the credits do in fact say "Daniel" Rocka. Not entirely sure what their reasoning was behind this, and nothing I can think of makes LEGO look particularly attentive, but there it is. Whatever the process behind it, it's good to finally have him named.

I'll be the first one to admit that I was wrong, and indeed I am - the credits do in fact say "Daniel" Rocka. Not entirely sure what their reasoning was behind this, and nothing I can think of makes LEGO look particularly attentive, but there it is. Whatever the process behind it, it's good to finally have him named.

It was, and probably still is the general consensus among young, gullible fans on the LEGO Message Boards that his first name is Daniel, so it was pretty logical to call him that so no one would get puzzled or confused. As Aanchir said, some may have found it deceptive or disappointing as well. It can also be seen as a little fan service; I like LEGO letting their fans' ideas influence them. Edited by Omicron Squad Leader

bzp_banner.jpg

So instead of setting the record straight, they validate wikipedia vandalism? That really just doesn't sit well with me. Like I said, too late now, and I'm glad to have him named, but I wish they could have put just a bit more thought into it.

Like I said, it could be the producers or manufacturers of the DVD that got it wrong. We need to either wait for later factory runs of the DVD, or wait until next year to see if he is called or advertised as "Daniel" in any way.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Like I said, it could be the producers or manufacturers of the DVD that got it wrong. We need to either wait for later factory runs of the DVD, or wait until next year to see if he is called or advertised as "Daniel" in any way.

And we need to wait... why? It doesn't seem like the sort of thing the DVD producers would have any reason to change. We don't have an Ask Greg with Hero Factory, and that means sometimes we need to make an educated guess. If it's proven wrong later, then oh well, but I think we can trust the TV episodes for now since they're generally the most valid source of story info available.