Hello there! I suppose it's time to post my first MOC on BZP. I love the only hero of the Alpha Team, so I decided to give her more feminine look. Also, I always wanted to do an experiment of CCBS and oldschool parts.

I'm not great in english, so no more words.

C0x39xR.jpg?1

Front

It took me about a week to build her, and the idea of her was in the air for about a year along with WIPs

Another shot

Here i pulled her arms up so you can see the construction.

Close up

Legs

Back

Yes, that's Pakari on her butt.

Back

Random pose

So, that's all, hope you enjoyed my Natalie.

Tremah

Edited by Tremah
  • Upvote 4

Wow, what a great first MOC to post on BZP! You may need to resize or link that picture, there are some rules you can read on that here. And this is Natalie, but you put Natasha as your topic title? Haha just curious...

Onto the actual review. Good proportions, and the legs are stunning. They are original and look flawless from the front. The torso isn't bad, but you should have kept everything a black and green color scheme - the patches of white do no good here. That brings us to the arms; compared to the legs, they are boring and don't really fit. Be as novel with the arms as you were with the legs, and they will go with the rest much better. But most importantly, they would look vastly better if armored with green instead of white and black. But perhaps you ran out? I always have to buy pieces for my MOCs, but it is worth it. 

The back does not have the appeal as the front, nor does the side. Her thighs and lower back should follow the human-like proportions of the legs and upper torso as well as the complexity - large pieces like the pakari might be best replaced by several smaller parts. Essentially, her butt is flat and too simple :P

Overall, beautiful work. Hopefully you'll be posting more of your creations in the future :)

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

I feel like her thighs are enormous. Everything else seems pretty great!

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

hmm, everything seems... upscaled. compared to the head. (but i maaaay just be used to huge-headed bonkles haha.)

and Wazdakka is right, the thighs are kinda big, but i feel that may just be because the waist above them doesn't slope in properly. (if the intentions of the model were as thigh-centric as i am assuming?)

but, idk. props for creativity? i haven't seen several of those pieces used quite like that before.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Daaaaaang she looks fine! I love the use of the helmets on here chest plate, I also really like the generally sleek body, which is achieved by the leg and arm armor pieces from what I can see. She's definitely got a very feminine look :)

-Bike

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

The most important thing when building something feminine is to understand how a feminine body shape differs from a masculine one. Proportions, angles, and - importantly! - the shoulder-hip ratio are all different. People tend to think that the chest is the biggest difference, but this isn't true - I mean, for one thing, breast-like armor without other feminine attributes more often than not end up looking like pectoral muscles.

Not only that, but there are very few ways of actually depicting female chest armor. The helmets do a decent job here - much better than the overused Nuva shoulder armor, let me tell you - but the contraction system simply doesn't have an easy solution for this. You seem to have gotten all of the other details right.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Wow, what a great first MOC to post on BZP! You may need to resize or link that picture, there are some rules you can read on that here. And this is Natalie, but you put Natasha as your topic title? Haha just curious...

Yeah, I resized the picture.

Well... Natasha Romanoff?

Onto the actual review. Good proportions, and the legs are stunning. They are original and look flawless from the front. The torso isn't bad, but you should have kept everything a black and green color scheme - the patches of white do no good here. That brings us to the arms; compared to the legs, they are boring and don't really fit. Be as novel with the arms as you were with the legs, and they will go with the rest much better. But most importantly, they would look vastly better if armored with green instead of white and black. But perhaps you ran out? I always have to buy pieces for my MOCs, but it is worth it. 

The back does not have the appeal as the front, nor does the side. Her thighs and lower back should follow the human-like proportions of the legs and upper torso as well as the complexity - large pieces like the pakari might be best replaced by several smaller parts. Essentially, her butt is flat and too simple :P

Overall, beautiful work. Hopefully you'll be posting more of your creations in the future :)

Thanks! I tried to recreate the breakout color scheme. Nevertheless I've bought another Breez from Breakout recently. So, i'll build an upgrade soon.

I don't know what to do with her back, but I'll get throug it somehow.

hmm, everything seems... upscaled. compared to the head. (but i maaaay just be used to huge-headed bonkles haha.)

and Wazdakka is right, the thighs are kinda big, but i feel that may just be because the waist above them doesn't slope in properly. (if the intentions of the model were as thigh-centric as i am assuming?)

but, idk. props for creativity? i haven't seen several of those pieces used quite like that before.

Just tried to follow female proportions.

Also, it's a pity that 2.0 helmets don't have axle holes.

Edited by Tremah