Set Review: 70728 Battle for Ninjago City

Hapori Tohu

70728_Battle_for_Ninjago_City_Review_tea

Ninjago Month continues! Last week, we took a look at the smallest Ninjago set of 2014, and today we look at the largest. BZPower Forum Assistant Nuju Metru shares his thoughts on 70728 Battle for Ninjago City from the summer lineup of sets. Will this set win the battle and find its way into your home, or will other sets beat it into your shopping cart? You'll have to continue on to see our review to find out!

View the full article

Great review!

I got this set for my birthday 3 months ago when it first came out, and it is on display on my top shelf as it is one of my favorite LEGO sets of ALL time, the design is fantastic, it looks great on display, the minifigures are great, the pieces are great and the price is perfect, its close to being a perfect set. I definitely recommend it to anyone

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Excellent review!

I don't have this set yet, but it's definitely on my wish list. What seemed from early Toy Fair pics to just be a less impressive temple than 2011's Fire Temple has proven itself to be a one-of-a-kind set.

The Overlord's machine is a decent enough vehicle, and the Overlord himself looks fantastic. And the new piece used for Zane's glider looks like it'll have some nifty applications. The tree is one of my favorite trees in any set; the angled leaves make it look that much fuller and more organic than its modest part count would otherwise allow. But the temple itself is where the set really shines.

Many buildings in Lego themes (especially action themes or themes like Castle) look great but fail at seeming like people could live there. So while all you can see from the front is ornate styling and some creative action features, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw all the comforts this set provides on the interior. With a bed and kitchenette, this temple is changed from a simple outpost into a sanctuary—a last refuge for the ninja as they hold out against the Overlord. It represents not only a final battle but also the peace the Ninja are fighting for.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Only one thing I ought to correct: Not only are Zane and Nya wearing new costumes, but Lloyd is as well. Impressively, this means half of the set's eight minifigures are exclusive to this set — only Jay and the three Nindroids are available in other sets, though this is the only set where Jay wears shoulder armor with this costume.

I love this set, and I have to agree with Lyi — this temple ends up looking more livable than most LEGO castles even with just a small kitchen and single bed. Overall, I very much look forward to adding this set to my collection!

That dragon head alone is better than the enture Smaug set from The Hobbit Lego line. :P

But anyway, this looks like a really amazing set. The temple looks great, and so do the minifigs. Thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png