Grim Development (Models)

Well, as is advertised in my signature, i've started a thing in the comics forum called A Grim Development. for which i actually originally made several character design models! (that i have recently re-made.) and i figured i'd post them too.

WARNING! these are spoilers for the aforementioned comic, and are a long ways from appearing in it! if you are the kinda guy who hates being spoiled, i'd suggest holding out on clicking those images!

anyway, i've been on a kick of making "possible set" models in LDD, so these'll all look sorta like a set you'd probs see on store shelves? (or my best relation to.)

hfdysp1.png

???

65 pieces

hfdysp2.png

???

83 pieces

hfdysp3.png

???

46 pieces

hfdysp4.png

Overload

73 pieces

one of the lowest ranking brutes, overload has taken quite a beating. don't think he lets that keep him down though, as the many gaps in his worn-out shell release massive electrical surges he can manipulate in combat!

beware Overload's snapping claw and flailing electrical wires!

hfdysp5.png

???

78 pieces

hfdysp6.png

???

-------------------------------------------------------

I've got a couple more to fix up and then render, so keep an eye out! (unless you fall under the category mentioned in the warning.)

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Upvote 2

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I'm guessing the third one is meant to be the beast seen in the comics, but it looks like it has two arms in the render instead of three.

if you're referring to the brute that has appeared starting on page 2, (i'll say it here first, Brute is the term for them.) then this is not it. although the mentioning of three arms has me confused on that?

what is the eye pice in the first link?

stringer's sonic plate from breakout wave.

ahh now i see it teh special efects make it look almost animated? i liek all teh mocs the one with the sideways head is really creppy tho

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

what is the eye pice in the first link?

stringer's sonic plate from breakout wave.

ahh now i see it teh special efects make it look almost animated? i liek all teh mocs the one with the sideways head is really creppy tho

yeah, the special effects are to make the eyes look less boring (they have flat-red brain-attack heads underneath)

and good to hear! he's supposed to be creepy!

These all have really good color layering! Can't say much else without more angles, but if your goal was to create sets reminiscent of those one would find on shelves then you have succeeded! Naturally some would succumb to the frailties of all HF models (e.g. empty/incomplete-looking from behind), but from these images I'd say you have done better than most of LEGO's designers as of late. Getting these would be a joy instead of a disappointment. 

Awesome work! 

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

These all have really good color layering! Can't say much else without more angles, but if your goal was to create sets reminiscent of those one would find on shelves then you have succeeded! Naturally some would succumb to the frailties of all HF models (e.g. empty/incomplete-looking from behind), but from these images I'd say you have done better than most of LEGO's designers as of late. Getting these would be a joy instead of a disappointment. 

Awesome work! 

yes, most are very hollow-backed (just like the real thing!) except some of the larger, longer-to-render ones.

speaking of which! i had planned to post a big one today, but it turns out six trans-orange brutaka swords is too much for my poor computer's processor to handle. ;n;

so instead, i bring you this smaller guy:

hfdysp4.png

and hey, he's gonna appear in chapter one, so no need to hide his info!

(also, he has a wee bit more special-effect than the others, and idk how the effect itself turned out. :0 )

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde

WAAAIT A SECOND, okay

So before I thought that it was a general non-Lego-related comic, but I just checked the tags again and saw HF (and also remembered this)

Which explains a lot and makes these even cooler IMO

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I think a Stormer could look very interesting with ice spikes and stuff sticking out everywhere.

Is the one that's appeared in the comic already just a generic-hero brute, or is it... I don't know, maybe... Thresher? :lol:

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I think a Stormer could look very interesting with ice spikes and stuff sticking out everywhere.

Is the one that's appeared in the comic already just a generic-hero brute, or is it... I don't know, maybe... Thresher? :lol:

that is a kinda close guess to what he's got going on in his comic version.

and nope, that one's the generic-est brute-iest brute possible!