Rebooted Characters?

dotcom

Ok, I'm not completely sure if this kind of topic overlaps with the official 2015 discussion topic, but I think it might be a specialized enough question to work? I hope. Apologies in advance if this is not the case.

So Bionicle is coming back. While the debate about whether it will be or should be a continuation or a reboot are still going on (mostly fruitlessly) I think it's fair to say that we will probably be seeing some familiar faces when it does come back. For instance, (for reasons that I can't possibly fathom,) most people think the Toa Mata are coming back. Which seems like a safe enough assumption.

So my question would be, is there any character or group of characters you would like to see reimagined in Bionicle's revival, and why? Conversely, are there any characters you definitely don't want to see return, for whatever reason? Do you think that this Bionewcle (I'm calling it Bionewcle from now on) would be able to represent past characters well? (taking into consideration that Bionewcle will most likely be using CCBS and mostly recent parts?)

For my part, I would like to see the Piraka come back. They're pretty much the antithesis of Toa, so I think they could make pretty good and simple villains for a reboot. And the Brain Attack 'villain' sets were aesthetically somewhat close to the Piraka, so I think they could definitely pull it off. And if the Piraka would keep some of their rare colors, well, that would just make it even better.

On the other hand, I wouldn't really want to see a lot of Rahi in Bionewcle. While I don't have much of a problem with characters being in CCBS, I've always associated Rahi with a far more greebly, Technic-like aesthetic, and any new ones would probably not fit that image very well.

So what about you guys?

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png