Remember

Hapori Tohu

Let us not forget what happened thirteen years ago today. We were here at Kanohi-Power and BionicleZone back then, and we all lived though 9/11/01 as a community. Thirteen years later, we are still here, members are still here -- and the site, the members, and the world are just a little less innocent because of that day exactly thirteen years ago. The world is now different, as is our community that has lived through a difficult time - it is important to remember all those who lost their lives.

View the full article

• Upvote 16

I've met a few people over the years who have known poeple who were in New York or Washington D.C. at the time of the attacks. They all sounded very serious about this. My thoughts and prayer go out to them.

vartempsig.png

"Don't criticize what you can't understand."

Bob Dylan

Very much agreed. What a sad day it was. And not to mention, a month after BIONICLE's launch!

Edited by Toa Green Ninja

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

While I was too young to remember it, my condolences go out to those with loved ones lost during the attack, and the survivors of that day and its aftermath.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

I was only a kid back then, 8 years old. I live on the west coast, about as far as possible from what happened, but I still remember, it scared me quite a bit. The even rocked the world of virtually every citizen, and crushed the worlds of some.

I can only hope that the last 13 years have allowed them to find their footing again.

"Those who dream by day are conscious of many things that escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

I was only seven-years-old at the time, so unlike some people, I don't remember where I was on that day.

But still, it was a tragic event that I hope is never repeated here in the US--or any other country--ever again. I hope also that the families and friends of the victims are doing well after all this time.

-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

I was very young at the time, but I can clearly remember the horror of seeing the plane hit the second tower on TV, and it's a memory that will stick with me forever. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of all who were lost in the attacks.

Your wording of this makes me doubt your competence.

I'll be blunt; you should feel ashamed of yourself right now. That was really uncalled-for. 
Bliss.png

I was far too young to remember or notice any of it, but I can say this: Never forget. Especially, don't forget the people who are already forgotten, like the first responders who died of various diseases that Congress refused to insure them for. 

• Upvote 2

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I was five years old when the attacks happened. I was in kindergarten at the time and the teachers (wisely) didn't say anything. Neither did my parents.

As the years pass, I see how much of the events of that day irreversibly changed the world. It is the violent beginning of our most modern epoch, and we still live in the aftermath of a tragedy many are still recovering from. Our wounds will heal, as all wounds do, but it will take time - much more time than has yet passed.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I can only remember brief snipits of the event, and at the time I was unaware of the gravity of it all. My mom said that she tried to explain to me what was happening, with little success. But my innocence to that kind of evil could only last so long. Never forget.

"The people of this world are builders, but if you look into their hearts, you will find that they have the power to destroy"

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

One quote ill always remember is Robert Kraft (Owner of the New England Patriots NFL team) saying when they won the Superbowl in the January 2002, "We are all Patriots and tonight the Patriots are World Champions!" Thats something to remember as an American, we are all Patriots and this event has had a massive impact on the world today and its something people will Never Forget.

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Your wording of this makes me doubt your competence.

Hapori Tohu disapproves of this message. Like, seriously, just no.

---

I was only two when the attacks occurred, so I don't remember anything. But I've watched videos about 9/11, studied it, etc. It amazes me how horrific it all was. I just have to imagine myself in the same position of thousands of the men and women in the towers. I imagine being petrified. The thought of dying. The thought of family or friends dying. The heavy smoke slowly suffocating. I have a great deal of respect for both the survivors and causalities of 9/11. Those who died died valiantly and with honor for their country. Those who survived showed a great deal of perseverance and determination. Not only did they survive, but many of them saved others, putting their own lives at stake for the lives of others. As a nation, we are indebted to the men and woman who were affected by 9/11. Some were affected in such horrible ways as death, while others watched their comrades fall. But know this: they are the reason we still stand tall. They are the reason we stayed strong in the midst of a terrorist regime. God bless them, and God bless America!

-Rez

• Upvote 2

Nope. Don't remember. Let us move on.

I will not and will never forget the brave men and women that died that day. 9/11 is part of our American history, and the men and women that died are heroes. Please don't take this for granted, and please don't make dogmatic statements like this during the time when we mourn for the casualties of terror.

-Rez

Edited by Reznas