Who would you like to see as a sixth Toa Mahri?

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I actually am not a fan of the Chroniclers Company being toa. I like having a team of matoran fighting for what's right. You don't have to be a toa to be a hero... for some reason that quote just sticks so well. It really is the best thing to come out of 2006.

• Upvote 1

No-one. 

Nobody can fill the legendary hole left by Matoro. 

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I don't think anyone would really work, and I would rather no one did. I like the idea of a Toa Team with a permanent vacancy. But if there had to be one, I think Takanuva would be the only choice.

• Upvote 1

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Methinks they need to honor Matoro and not have a replacement. Takanuva could possibly be an honorary member, but he technically is already an honorary member of the Nuva, so we'd see how well that'd work out. :P But I don't feel like there should be a replacement personally.

Takanuva can just be the honorary member of every team :P

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Methinks they need to honor Matoro and not have a replacement. Takanuva could possibly be an honorary member, but he technically is already an honorary member of the Nuva, so we'd see how well that'd work out. :P But I don't feel like there should be a replacement personally.

-NotS

Considering that he's the one and only Toa of Light, I suppose he is allowed to have that particular privilege haha... but he is known as the 7th Toa, so it's his job to break up the "rule of 6" Toa team gig lol ;)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Nobody needs to. It would just be a disservice to Matoro and his sacrifice to simply replace him. It'd be one thing if there was a need to fill his role, but methinks they'll be just fine as a group of five.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 1

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

-NotS

Considering that he's the one and only Toa of Light, I suppose he is allowed to have that particular privilege haha... but he is known as the 7th Toa, so it's his job to break up the "rule of 6" Toa team gig lol ;)

"Hey where's the seventh Toa?"

"wait, who are you talking about?"

"Oh, Takanuva."

"Wait, I thought Takanuva was OUR seventh Toa!"

"No he's ours!"

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

everyone's talking about Takanuva replacing Matoro, but honestly i don't even see Takanuva as part of the Toa Nuva anymore - he's really more of a freelance Toa; kind of his own thing now. if he ever did join the Mahri it likely wouldn't be as an official member.

Edited by Arc
  • Upvote 3

My thoughts:

No one - it doesn't feel right to add a non-Mahri member to the Mahri unless there was some urgent need I feel. :P

Kopeke - if you had to pick a replacement for Matoro, Kopeke would be the natural choice however.

Takanuva - would be a good choice in that he could "unofficially" complete the team so not be a Mahri, but also still give them their full six nicely with little hassle.

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

I actually am not a fan of the Chroniclers Company being toa. I like having a team of matoran fighting for what's right. You don't have to be a toa to be a hero... for some reason that quote just sticks so well. It really is the best thing to come out of 2006.

Kopaka: "Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero."

Well, at least that's what I think he said.  :P

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Can we have at least one toa team WITHOUT 6 toa? There was the toa mangai, but we don't know half of their names.

Plus, does Matoro need to be replaced? Toa are meant to be almost all gone (from over 400 to less than 40).

If anything, a toa of lightning should join them to keep up the lightning theme with the inika.

Can we have at least one toa team WITHOUT 6 toa? There was the toa mangai, but we don't know half of their names.

Plus, does Matoro need to be replaced? Toa are meant to be almost all gone (from over 400 to less than 40).

If anything, a toa of lightning should join them to keep up the lightning theme with the inika.

Well, the Hahri team doesn't HAVE to have a new team member.

But IF they WOULD get a new one I thenk it should be Kopeke... or something icy anyleast (because I believe Toa teams are made up like that for a certain team balancing reason).

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

I think the spot should stay vacant for reasons everyone else on this end brought up. But I would really like to see dear old Taka working with them again in a more unofficial sense. I just miss their old dynamics (and the classic Takua personality that got faded out of the story in 2008).

Now if only we could have the Mahri officially written out of the Skakdi's hands. *grumble*

I think the spot should stay vacant for reasons everyone else on this end brought up. But I would really like to see dear old Taka working with them again in a more unofficial sense. I just miss their old dynamics (and the classic Takua personality that got faded out of the story in 2008).

Now if only we could have the Mahri officially written out of the Skakdi's hands. *grumble*

*cough cough*

They were.

(Possibly one of my proudest achievements in canonization...)

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

*cough cough*

They were.

Man, what am I reading here

• Upvote 2

*cough cough*

They were.

Heheh, yeah, I found that out when I finally had time to check BS01 again yesterday, oops. :P

(and the classic Takua personality that got faded out of the story in 2008).

It would rather break believability if Takanuva didn't change with his experience.

I mean, people mature-up when stuff happens right?

I know, but I'd expect at least some baseline stuff sticks around. In fact, I do like that maturation that happened to him as someone who's naturally fond of character development. It's just that we weren't shown much, if any, of his more light-hearted side after the shadow leech business. Actually, the last time we were ever shown his sweeter nature was 2006. I get trauma can change a person, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't usually make you turn a complete 180; that only happens in fiction. Oh wait... :dunce:

:P

Granted, the situations he got dropped in both literally and figuratively didn't exactly call for much besides seriousness, but come on, the Toa Nuva had at least a few lighter moments in Karda Nui, not to mention they saw more action in the main story even when their sets were no longer relevant at the time (*cough* first half of 2006 *cough*).

Bluh, I think I'm just annoyed even after all these years about how little of Takanuva we get to see (especially how we were never shown how Solek reacts to him,  I mean, come on! why even mention they were best friends if you weren't planning to show even a second of reunion?), which is understandable given the sheer volume of characters. I guess that's my one real regret about the serial's discontinument; there is literally no chance of us seeing any more post-war Taka. I would have loved to see the "insatiable curiosity" aspect of him again in addition to how he'd interact with the Glatorian and Agori.

Oh well, I'm just gonna hope that regardless what 2015 holds, we get more fleshing out for him, reboot or otherwise.

Edited by Kyori

Macku so she and Hewkii could be together all the time again, 'cause I'm pathetic and I care about that, and 'cause it would be nice to have to lady Toa on the team, who used to be Kolhii teammates and would kick a lot of butt probably ^^ Otherwise, Kopeke, because reasons. Wasn't he originally gonna be the Toa Inika/Mahri of Ice? Takanuva is his own deal and I think it would be awkward to fit him into the Mahri, and honestly I just don't know the rest too well.

Edited by Pomegranate

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

No one, replacing Matoro disregards the entire point of the Mahri existing in the first place. The Mahri's destiny was to heal Mata Nui using the Ignika. Since that was also Matoro's personal destiny, the destiny of the other Mahri was to simply assist him in doing so. Upon Matoro's death, their destinies were fulfilled. They shouldn't be looking for a replacement, they should lend their services wherever they can until the time they become Turaga or die. IMO, trying to replace Matoro means undermining the entire Toa-Turaga-destiny mechanic.

No one, replacing Matoro disregards the entire point of the Mahri existing in the first place. The Mahri's destiny was to heal Mata Nui using the Ignika. Since that was also Matoro's personal destiny, the destiny of the other Mahri was to simply assist him in doing so. Upon Matoro's death, their destinies were fulfilled. They shouldn't be looking for a replacement, they should lend their services wherever they can until the time they become Turaga or die. IMO, trying to replace Matoro means undermining the entire Toa-Turaga-destiny mechanic.

Oh God, imagine if they became Turaga before the Toa Nuva did!

*shudder* 0.0

If anyone should replace/fill a vacant spot since matoro's death it should be a ice element character like kopeke. I just dont feel like takaknuva is a good choice compared to a ice element character.

Like many have mentioned takanuva is mostly a freelancer and a honorary toa nuva member which is unique for him... and even though he knows the other mahri a lot, he shouldn't lose his unique status by being dowgraded to a official 6th member.

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---

qs3135.jpg