Which HF set do you/would you get multiples of?

BrickPharaoh

There is no doubt that certain HF sets are more appealing (as well as contain more useful parts for MOCing) than others. So my question is: which sets did you get multiples of, and which ones would you have liked to?

My brother got us a second Furno XL (we share our LEGO but most of the stuff is mine since he's growing less fond of it.... today's youth :P), and I bought 2 copies of Thornraxx when I got it.

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Hmm, hard to say. Often I avoid multiples because even if a set has great parts, it's entirely possible that a future one might have better parts. And anyway, I more often find myself building within the limits of my own collection than wishing I owned different parts.

I did participate in the BZPower parts draft at Brickfair Virginia this year, where the set being drafted was Splitter Beast vs. Furno & Evo. So while I didn't get multiple copies of the complete set, I did get many copies of the specific parts I was interested in.

In terms of sets that would be tempting to own multiples of, Core Hunter, Frost Beast, Evo XL Machine, Voltix, and Toxic Reapa all include parts that it would be useful to have in greater quantities (especially if the Toxic Reapa set in question includes the newer foot mold introduced partway through that set's lifespan).

I also think that pretty much all of the Super Heroes constraction sets and many of the Legends of Chima constraction sets would be valuable to own in multiples. Pretty much all of them include parts in colors that aren't available in other sets.

• Upvote 1

i own two Toxic Reapas and two Thornraxxes. names aside (although i believe Thornraxx was nicknamed Matt by a BZP reviewer. thats a nice name) they're some of the best HF purchases i've made.

Yeah those two are great sets i must say

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

I don't have any multiples, but I would spam Furno Jet Machines and XT4s if I had the money. Furno because of useful parts, and lots of parts, and XT4 for the small torso part. 

I would also to like to have multiple Speeda Demon sets because of the amazingness of purple Technic, but only if they were drastically reduced in price. 

• Upvote 1

Which particular pieces from Toxic Reapa are everyone so fascinated with? :/

:tohu:

Edited by Mohamed Marei

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Toxic Reapa comes with six of the smallest size HF armour in trans-neon lime, lime skeleton joints, and a trans-neon orange single-socket (hand) piece. (i also bought it for the large quantity of black armour.)

oh, and transparent green flames. yeah.

Edited by Arc
  • Upvote 1

Toxic Reapa comes with six of the smallest size HF armour in trans-neon lime, lime skeleton joints, and a trans-neon orange single-socket (hand) piece. (i also bought it for the large quantity of black armour.)

oh, and transparent green flames. yeah.

You raise some excellent points there. Now I kinda regret not getting many of him :/

Edited by Mohamed Marei

• 4 weeks later...

Not really for MoCing but more because they look better in a group. Definitely the 4.0 villains - imagine swarms of Thornrax, Jawblade or XT4, and 'hunting parties' (3 or 4 members) of Core Hunter, Speeda Demon or Toxic Reapa. Voltrix and Black Phantom would most likely be alone though. Splitface - gawd I really wanted him to taunt Surge with one side, then another, without ever letting Surge know they're one dude.

I'd probably pick up a few more Brain Attack sets since I love their heads (and capes). Waspix was a really good set. I feel like that set is Bitil done right. But first I need to get Breakout Furno, which is the only set I am missing from my collection. But it is hard to find for a reasonable price.

• Upvote 1

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

• 2 weeks later...

<p>

Thornraxx, 'nuff said. It comes with all of these perks:

• Medium Azure CCBS

• Gorast wings
  • Cool head
  • Unique build
  • Two of the special CCBS piece that works sort of like the CCBS Vahki hips
  • Tubes!
  • Good price
These are the exact reasons I got 2 of him for!
  • Upvote 1

Well, I would get multiple Savage Planet beasts, many Toxic Reapa's, Thornraxx's, XT4's, another Splitface, another Core Hunter, many Brain Attack beasts, and many Invasion From Below beasts. I would like to have another Splitface because I would like to make a MOC that would look like Splitface's original self before he got mutated and turned into a cyborg. I would also like to have another Core Hunter because in the Doom Box book, Core Hinter had a double that exploded in front of Stormer. I would like to get many copies of the sets, too, because I would like to create armies of them, so I could have more fun.:)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I have multiple sets of Rocka crawler because it has gold armor plating (something i use alot on my self moc) and the small feet i use as a arm in my mocs. also those feet make great hands, and it comes with free fringes (EXF robot arms)

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

I have multiple sets of Rocka crawler because it has gold armor plating (something i use alot on my self moc) and the small feet i use as a arm in my mocs. also those feet make great hands, and it comes with free fringes (EXF robot arms)

I dunno... It's not a particularly cool set to buy multiples of. I'd argue that you'd be able to find these parts you need off Bricklink, cuz there's nothing particularly unique about the pieces in it. You get gold plating in multiple sets, and many Bricklink vendors stock them. It's a cheap set, fair enough, but the only reason I'd justify more than one is the torso piece.

Brain attack Breez. It comes with the awesome saw piece, a nicely-blended color scheme and those claw/spike pieces the bow/double-bladed weapon is made of. But the best part is definitely the helmet because it has a nice, streamlined shape and hey, it's silver, so you can use it on many different MOCs without ruining the color scheme.

Brain attack Breez. It comes with the awesome saw piece, a nicely-blended color scheme and those claw/spike pieces the bow/double-bladed weapon is made of. But the best part is definitely the helmet because it has a nice, streamlined shape and hey, it's silver, so you can use it on many different MOCs without ruining the color scheme.

Makes sense. Also it has quite a few trans-apple green patrs if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Mohamed Marei

• 3 weeks later...

Witch Doctor. Easily

That guy is the best one to get multiples of, but those ball joints in red are hard to find something for them, and with the Witch Doctor head is a nightmare piece.

All of the mech sets for the hero mini figs and to attept to make Jaegers out of them.

Good luck with that, it sound like a nightmare to make. Unless you be lazy and just make a small one of it.

I mostly get multiples of the beasts because there heads are great for armor and the feet amazing for just about everything, body, arm, feet, but I don't know about for legs.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

• 2 weeks later...