Takanuva's Great Pakari

Akavakaku

So we know that when a Matoran becomes a Toa, their powerless Kanohi becomes a Great Kanohi. Now, when Takua put on the Avohkii, he was still wearing his powerless Pakari. So shouldn't it have transformed into a Great Pakari? I find it very possible and likely that it did, since he could have just worn the Avohkii over it. He might not even have realized he had the Great Pakari, and he certainly didn't have time to learn to use its power. So what happened to this mask? My guess is it was destroyed by the energized protodermis.

Thoughts? Counterarguments?

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Huh, I actually never thought about this.. My guess is that it was just abandoned or like you said destroyed by the EP?

Maybe Takanuva has a Suva and it's over there ?   :shrugs:

• Upvote 1

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

In the movie it's pretty clear that everything other than the Mask of Light was 'destroyed' by the transformation. Whether that is artistic license or not, I'm not sure, but I'd go with the Pakari ceasing to exist.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

new headcanon: Takanuva wears a great Pakari underneath the Avohkii. he has no idea that it's there.

It's hard to not notice that kind of thing.  Even if he couldn't feel the weight of an extra metal plate attached to his face (granted, if anyone would miss something like that, it would be him), someone else would have told him (it would be visible near his chin and in between the spikes on the top of the Avohkii). 

It's not standard practice to wear one mask on top of the other, but it's possible. Another thing is that the transformation from Matoran to Toa could have shattered/dissolved it. 

They DID imply that his Pakari was flawed in some way... 

new headcanon: Takanuva wears a great Pakari underneath the Avohkii. he has no idea that it's there.

It's hard to not notice that kind of thing.  Even if he couldn't feel the weight of an extra metal plate attached to his face (granted, if anyone would miss something like that, it would be him), someone else would have told him (it would be visible near his chin and in between the spikes on the top of the Avohkii). 

it might be easy to notice that you're wearing two masks, but apparently it's not quite so easy to notice when someone's made a joke about wearing two masks. :b

Edited by Arc
  • Upvote 2

the folks behind the Mask of Light movie were not going to show us a makless matoran

There's a moment in the deleted footage section of Takua tripping in the Kohlii match and his mask coming off, in which he can actually be seen maskless as he scrambles to reclaim it. I guess that bit was removed to avoid showing that, though I don't know what the thinking behind that was.

Lhikan's death sequence in the second movie avoids showing his face after he removes his mask to give to Vakama.

I seem to remember them saying on the commentary track that they decided not to show Matoran faces because they wanted to keep them mysterious. Of course, since you can see the faces on the sets, I'm not sure what the point was. Maybe it somehow had something to do with keeping Mata Nui's true nature a secret? I dunno, kind of a stretch. :notsure:

Edited by John Smith

In the MoL book, it says that the Avohkii 'made contact with his own mask,' as it was shown in the movie. So I agree with Bonesiii in that the Pakari was destroyed when Takua became Takanuva.

Also in the Toa Empire AU, Takanuva put his mask over Takua's mask to see if something would happen.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I would still say that those are written (especially the Mask of Light Novel) to reflect the movie. Bionicle had a lot of cooks in the kitchen and canon can be muddy. Bionicle does not have a single, perfect canon as we would like to think, and it branches into many sub-continuities. Tiny details like this are not nearly as important as the broad strokes of canon.

• Upvote 1

I would still say that those are written (especially the Mask of Light Novel) to reflect the movie. Bionicle had a lot of cooks in the kitchen and canon can be muddy. Bionicle does not have a single, perfect canon as we would like to think, and it branches into many sub-continuities. Tiny details like this are not nearly as important as the broad strokes of canon.

As a fanfic writer, I respectfully disagree. The details are very important! Otherwise, if a similar situation happens in a story I'm writing, I waste time trying to decide which version of events to follow.

• Upvote 3

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

This was probably due to the animators not wanting to create/show a maskless face, so they just had Takanuva put the Avohkii over his Pakari. Artistic license leads to these kinds of inconsistencies, but I honestly don't get why people can get so worked up over something so insignificant/take it too literally. I mean, it doesn't change the story does it? 

That's like saying the Mata Nui robot AT SOME POINT HAD to look like the Mata Nui set because of a depiction in the Graphic Novel.

I'm not saying you guys are like that, it's just something that bugs me. 

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg