Detective Comics: BIONICLE

Here is a question I have pondered for a longtime: Due to the BIONICLE comics being published by DC Comics, would the Biological Chronicle be able to fit in with DC Universe? Onepu a Green Lantern, Doomsday wrecking havoc to New Atero, Tahu and Ackar leading a resistance against Darkseid as he allies with the Skrall Empire Remnant and Barraki...

Any thoughts on this? Does this sound reasonable/interesting, or too crazy/incompatible?

EDIT: Too clarify my question, would the two be able to be compatible with each other, or would it change Bionicle's atmosphere too much? And would that change be a good thing or a bad one? Why?

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Humans don't exist in the Bionicle Universe, so I'm affraid not haha

I have known that for years, I just wanted people's opinions on if the two where compatible. Also, when Greg F. said that, was he referring to the Matoran Universe, or the 'Galactic Universe' in its entirety?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

I've been lurking for a few days, but I'll finally stop to share this:

BioLantern.jpg

I am sure it is non-canon, but it's still a pretty neat Easter egg! ^_^

What is this!?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

BioLantern.jpg

What is this!?

It would appear to be a

Green Lantern of Earth, maybe John Stewert, meeting the Spectre. Looks like all of the little bubbles are scenes of the very universe that Specter dutifully protects, including Aqua Magna. ;P

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

BioLantern.jpg

What is this!?

It would appear to be a

Green Lantern of Earth, maybe John Stewert, meeting the Spectre. Looks like all of the little bubbles are scenes of the very universe that Specter dutifully protects, including Aqua Magna. ;P

Wow this is pretty neat, I guess they can do that because the BIONICLE comic are published by DC like those comics would have been, but that is heaps cool

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Whats going on there, why is BIONICLE there?

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Whats going on there, why is BIONICLE there?

BIONICLE was published by DC. Green Lantern was also published by DC. Someone somewhere along the line (probably the artist of this particular panel) thought it would be funny to include a visual shoutout to BIONICLE, which they could do because DC published the BIONICLE comics.

Frankly, I think it's pretty hilarious, so two thumbs up to whoever made that call. :P

• Upvote 3
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

No, I meant what was going on in the panel why BIONICLE came up. What was the scenario in the story. :P

• Upvote 1

No, I meant what was going on in the panel why BIONICLE came up. What was the scenario in the story. :P

EDIT: (Not sure if the following is still canon considering DC Comics "New 52" reboot in 2009)

Well Hal Jordan occupied the role of the god-like Specter to make amends for the mass universal death he caused when he became possessed by the entity of fear known as Parallax. It seems he is possibly at the ruins of his home city, which was destroyed by an intergalactic warlord named Mongul, and Cyborg Superman, where he then killed many Green Lanterns for a reason or another, causing him to be weak enough to be possessed by Parallax. He could be discussing about the many worlds he destroyed to his bud-bud Mr. Stewert, venting.

Or maybe he is talking about all the worlds he has been to and is relating all the amazing things he has seen.

Pure speculation: Hypothetically, if the two continuities are one of the same, the Specter probably sensed the ascenion of the great evil Makuta Teridax to power and traveled to the Solis Magna System to confront him and prevent galactic conquest on a scale not seen since Darkseid, only to find the situation resolved itself (thanks Mata Nui!).

I do not know, as another has stated, the text is too blury. I could be wrong and that is another Specter and not Jordan.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

BioLantern.jpg

I completely forgot about this. I know someone has posted this before, but I don't remember when.

But anyway, its still a neat easter egg. Even though its non-canon. :P

But to keep this on topic, Greg has stated that humans don't exist in the Bionicle universe. So a DC crossover wouldn't be able to happen in the canonical storyline. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

That is Hal Jordan as the Spectre talking to the deceased spirit of Abin Sur, after his brother and sister-in-law are murdered, leaving him with their orphaned daughter.

Those ovals show places where the Spectre, the spirit of vengeance, is needed. So yes, at one point, Hal Jordan as the Spectre had an adventure with the Toa Mata.

Check it.

That is Hal Jordan as the Spectre talking to the deceased spirit of Abin Sur, after his brother and sister-in-law are murdered, leaving him with their orphaned daughter.

Those ovals show places where the Spectre, the spirit of vengeance, is needed. So yes, at one point, Hal Jordan as the Spectre had an adventure with the Toa Mata.

Check it.

Thank you for the info. I wonder how Bionicle would fare if it was owned by DC. Either might be too different to recognize or just a little different; better or worse. Eh, we'll never know, just something fun to think about I guess.

But to keep this on topic, Greg has stated that humans don't exist in the Bionicle universe. So a DC crossover wouldn't be able to happen in the canonical storyline.

I know that. Too clarify my question, would the two be able to be compatible with each other, or would it change Bionicle's atmosphere too much? And would that change be a good thing or a bad one? Why?

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Fool, do you really believe you've covered all corners of the universe? Humans are more than possible in bionicle, if the story progresses that way. You never know!

What do you mean?

I think he means the escalation of the size of the Bionicle Universe. Island of Mata Nui > Great Spirit Robot > Planet of Spherus Magna (and variations).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I know that. Too clarify my question, would the two be able to be compatible with each other, or would it change Bionicle's atmosphere too much? And would that change be a good thing or a bad one? Why?

I guess they could be compatible with each other, but that all depends on the opinion of the person reading the story of this hypothetical crossover. I personally think that it would change Bionicle's atmosphere too much, but someone else may not think that at all. 

As for it the change would be a good or bad thing, it again depends on the reader's opinion. I think it would be a bad thing, because I normally don't like Bionicle stories that crossover with stories with people in them. (With a couple exceptions.) But others could think that its a good thing. It was also depend on how good the story of the crossover is made. The greatest Bionicle/DC Comic crossover ever could be really bad if the story wasn't good, no matter how one feels about crossovers to begin with.  

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png