Nathan Sawaya Exhibit Opening in London

Hapori Tohu

American LEGO-artist Nathan Sawaya is heading to London, England, for his first exhibit in Britain this month. One of a dozen LEGO Certified Professionals worldwide, Sawaya is best known for his large statues and sculptures, including giving Stephen Colbert a life-like statue of the comedian on his show, all made from LEGO bricks. His "Art of the Brick" exhibit opens on September 26 at The Old Truman Brewery in east London. "Part of my mission is to make art accessible," Sawaya said in an interview with The Independent, knowing people will have the same brick medium at home after being inspired by his display. Having been to an amazing LCP exhibit myself for Adam Reed Tucker, I can only hope that everyone takes this chance to see Sawaya's work up close who can.

View the full article

I remember seeing advertisements of an exhibit of his work here in New York. I would've gone but a combination of everything going on in my life (plus I don't imagine it was free at all) kept me from bothering. He's still a great brick artist and I love the work I've seen from him.

From what I saw in the article, it looks like the exhibit is going to have a lot of cool Lego statues and sculptures! :)

I not be able to see it in person though, since I don't even live in that country. But still, this is really cool.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png