LEGO Batman 3 Season Pass Coming

Hapori Tohu

Tt Games has announced that there will be six DLC packs for the upcoming LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham game that can be purchased individually or as part of a season pass, IGN reports. There will be 40 new characters, vehicles, and achievements across the six packs, which sounds like a lot of awesome additional content. The first three are The Dark Knight Pack, the Man of Steel Pack and the Batman 75th Pack, which will become available on November 14th. Looks like they plan on supporting the game for a good while (or at least until the next LEGO game comes out)!

View the full article

Season passes? Ugh.

It's pretty amazing how blatant these game companies are in their animosity towards Nintendo. Neither the Wii U nor the 3DS is getting these DLC packs.

Well to be fair, the 3DS version is probably completely different from the console version as per usual, and the Nintendo eShop isn't all that great... 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Season passes? Ugh.

It's pretty amazing how blatant these game companies are in their animosity towards Nintendo. Neither the Wii U nor the 3DS is getting these DLC packs.

Well to be fair, the 3DS version is probably completely different from the console version as per usual, and the Nintendo eShop isn't all that great... 

-NotS

I can understand how the 3DS is different from other versions, and therefore might be more time-consuming to develop the DLCs for, but good grief! They developed the whole game for it, right? How can coding a few extra characters be so hard? And if they price it right they'd probably make more money than spend designing the characters in question.

It's a combination of laziness and apathy towards customers, I think. A good example of this is Injustice for the Wii U. It had two or three extra characters and a couple skin packs that were belatedly released. You can't buy Zatanna or Martian Manhunter for some bizarre reason.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

Season passes? Ugh.

-NotS

I can understand how the 3DS is different from other versions, and therefore might be more time-consuming to develop the DLCs for, but good grief! They developed the whole game for it, right? How can coding a few extra characters be so hard? And if they price it right they'd probably make more money than spend designing the characters in question.

It's a combination of laziness and apathy towards customers, I think. A good example of this is Injustice for the Wii U. It had two or three extra characters and a couple skin packs that were belatedly released. You can't buy Zatanna or Martian Manhunter for some bizarre reason.

To be fair, the Nintendo Eshop is pretty terrible. I shouldn't have to pay $20 to get a game that costs just over $10. But that's how it works.

Not to mention searching through it is a chore. I can't blame most companies for neglecting to bring DLC over. 

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Season passes? Ugh.

-NotS

To be fair, the Nintendo Eshop is pretty terrible. I shouldn't have to pay $20 to get a game that costs just over $10. But that's how it works.

Not to mention searching through it is a chore. I can't blame most companies for neglecting to bring DLC over.

DLC isn't done through the eShop, but rather through the game itself, so I have no idea why its flaws are part of the discussion. And I don't know which games you're thinking of that cost twice as much as they should—while the eShop doesn't do sales as frequently as other services, from my experience the base prices are pretty fair.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

There was a time when you made a video game that you put that whole video game in one box. I reckon those times are far behind us.

I remember that time. I also remember that even back then, games like Sim City or Roller Coaster Tycoon came in MULTIPLE boxes—one for the main game and a new one for each "expansion pack".

I don't necessarily like how this game is doing it (it'd be more impressive if the DLC included actual levels featuring the new characters instead of just glorified costume changes), but one of my favorite games at the moment (Fire Emblem Awakening) features paid DLC for bonus levels, and I love the way it handles that. And once I get a Wii U I'll be anxious to get Mario Kart 8's DLC—back in the day, we'd have to wait an entire console generation for that many new characters and courses. So I don't think DLC on the whole is that bad a thing.

DLC isn't done through the eShop, but rather through the game itself, so I have no idea why its flaws are part of the discussion. And I don't know which games you're thinking of that cost twice as much as they should—while the eShop doesn't do sales as frequently as other services, from my experience the base prices are pretty fair.

It's not? I've never seen DLC that is bought in game. It's all been through whatever systems store that I'm using, or through a code at a physical store. Even on the 3DS. Though I don't think any of the games I own have paid DLC available.

It doesn't cost twice as much. But I have to transfer money on in multiples of ten. Which is a stupid way to do it. I shouldn't have to buy eshop games strategically so I have the least amount of wasted money sitting on my account.  I'll admit that was worded poorly.

There was a time when you made a video game that you put that whole video game in one box. I reckon those times are far behind us.

And if companies would do it right maybe people wouldn't hate the idea of DLC so much. I'll admit it's been handled fairly poorly by a lot of companies since it's conception.

(It gets even better once you find out that they can make you pay money for content that's shipped on the disk as if it was DLC..)

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Yep. Even Nintendo's doing it, pasting ads all over Mario Kart 8 to coerce you into pre-ordering the DLC.

I'm pretty amazed that WB Games had the guts to announce 40 - 40!!! - purchasable characters months before the game even comes out! I've always hated Warner Bros. as a company, and this is just another reason for me to dislike them so.

My favorite example of abuse of DLC is Train Simulator. It currently has $4,000 worth of DLC.

It's not? I've never seen DLC that is bought in game. It's all been through whatever systems store that I'm using, or through a code at a physical store. Even on the 3DS. Though I don't think any of the games I own have paid DLC available.

It doesn't cost twice as much. But I have to transfer money on in multiples of ten. Which is a stupid way to do it. I shouldn't have to buy eshop games strategically so I have the least amount of wasted money sitting on my account.  I'll admit that was worded poorly.

Fire Emblem: Awakening does that. New Super Mario Bros. 2 does that. To my knowledge, all 3DS DLC is purchased in-game (don't know about the Wii U, since I still don't have one).

Also, there's actually an easy way to avoid overpaying on the eShop, even if it's rather stupidly hidden when it should be presented obviously. If you go to buy anything on the eShop when you DON'T have enough money added to your account, it'll ask you to add money, and one of the options will be "needed funds". That adds just enough money to pay for the game and leaves your account empty, so I basically only use that option (hence why I didn't realize what you were talking about when you mentioned paying $20 for a $10 game).

Fire Emblem: Awakening does that. New Super Mario Bros. 2 does that. To my knowledge, all 3DS DLC is purchased in-game (don't know about the Wii U, since I still don't have one).

Also, there's actually an easy way to avoid overpaying on the eShop, even if it's rather stupidly hidden when it should be presented obviously. If you go to buy anything on the eShop when you DON'T have enough money added to your account, it'll ask you to add money, and one of the options will be "needed funds". That adds just enough money to pay for the game and leaves your account empty, so I basically only use that option (hence why I didn't realize what you were talking about when you mentioned paying $20 for a $10 game).

Seriously? How have I never seen that then. My mistake, the eShop is not that bad then.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

I remember that time. I also remember that even back then, games like Sim City or Roller Coaster Tycoon came in MULTIPLE boxes—one for the main game and a new one for each "expansion pack".

But that plays into my incredibly sarcastic whining. Expansion packs happened when a game did exceptionally well. There was an existing market for more of the same content provided. And it was provided WELL after the fact. Even years.

Take a look at Team Fortress 2. For hatter or for worse, they took the initial game they designed and built on that concept. They have been adding content for almost a full decade. It took the capital and feedback garnered from a built fanbase.

Then there's this kind of DLC. It's announced before the game is even launched. It's already programmed, built and tested. Lego made a video game and then cut it into 7 pieces and sold them individually. And being a gross old gamer, that rubs me the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong, I have no misconceptions here. I have always known that entertainment companies have viewed me as a bloated money pinata. But they used to be so much better at hiding it.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert