Exciting LEGO Announcement Coming Friday

Hapori Tohu

Maybe they realized that now that the Bionicle secret is out of the bag, they might as well reveal it now. :P Well, hopefully it is Bionicle. They never said a new theme, just that it was exciting so...

Lol at people saying it's Fantastic Four. That four is clearly a countdown for the amount of days left before the reveal. 

-NotS

• Upvote 4

tahubanner.jpg

I would bet my boots it's not going to be Bionicle, if only because people have been assuming any mysterious reveal is Bionicle, and they can't all be. To me, as far as reaching a larger audience, NYCC makes much more sense as a grand reveal. This could be anything, even a reveal of sets for this year that haven't been shown yet.

• Upvote 2

I kind of thing (and hope, obviously) that it will be Bionicle; at this point, we know it's happening, so there's not much of a reason for them to not officially announce it, other than timing and stuff. I'd imagine that LEGO would kind of be like, oh, hey, yeah, well, you all know already, but hey check this out.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Firstly, there is a grey Kopaka shield piece, which is a pretty rare piece to use if they just wanted circular decoration.

Secondly, the tiles are IN THE TOA / ELEMENTAL COLOURS.

That is slightly too much to be a coincidence. Either it is BIONICLE, or LEGO is deliberately trolling with their choice of bricks.

• Upvote 1
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Firstly, there is a grey Kopaka shield piece, which is a pretty rare piece to use if they just wanted circular decoration.

That is slightly too much to be a coincidence. Either it is BIONICLE, or LEGO is deliberately trolling with their choice of bricks.

Ah, and they used the number 4 from their packaging bags, so we're looking at 4-bagged sets! One quarter of it is grey while the other three quarters is white, so Lego will emphasize whiteness in 3/4 of the sets, a risky decision if you ask me. It's divided into 4 quadrants, which, combined with the 4, leads me to believe 4 will become a very important number; mayhaps they're finally removing the unnecessary Stone and Ice elements? So much hidden in this picture!

• Upvote 9

Ah, and they used the number 4 from their packaging bags, so we're looking at 4-bagged sets! One quarter of it is grey while the other three quarters is white, so Lego will emphasize whiteness in 3/4 of the sets, a risky decision if you ask me. It's divided into 4 quadrants, which, combined with the 4, leads me to believe 4 will become a very important number; mayhaps they're finally removing the unnecessary Stone and Ice elements? So much hidden in this picture!

Yes! Perhaps a fourth virtue too: Unity, Duty, Destiny, Farshtey?

Also the muted, retro colour scheme suggests the continuation of an older theme, i.e. BIONICLE. A brand new theme would require a much flashier countdown picture to grab the attention of the easily distracted young.

P.S. Don't forget the illuminati triangle within the numeral!

• Upvote 5

That's not a "Kopaka shield piece".  That's a radar dish piece that was used as Kopaka's shield.

The first appearance of this piece (at least visually, if not the exact mold) was in 1982.

• Upvote 3

OpAXNpl.jpg

I really don't see how this couldn't be Bionicle. After all, not just any old theme would be considered "Huge news" and "very exciting".

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I really don't see how this couldn't be Bionicle. After all, not just any old theme would be considered "Huge news" and "very exciting".

There's nothing saying it's a theme announcement.

Looking at the reply tweets makes me think it's something to do with the LEGO Movie sequel, especially given the old-timey film countdown look of it.

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

I really don't get what all this speculation is about. It's obviously the return of Galidor, what else could it be?

-Gata signoff.png

Anddddddddd Gata wins the "Best Post of the Year Award!" Unlike the dark side, we don't offer cookies, we offer...I honestly couldn't think of anything witty here...

-Rez

• Upvote 1

Obviously what we need to be asking ourselves is what makes the four significant. Why make this pre-announcement four days in advance, instead of three, five, or seven? Clearly the number four is significant.

And when I think the number four, I think of one thing: Clikits, released in '04 (well, late '03, but let's not be too technical), which ran for four years (until 2008), and happened to be LEGO's fourth theme specifically geared toward girls.

The obvious conclusion is that LEGO is about to announce that they're bringing back the Clikits theme.

This is HUGE! Who else is excited?

Vale, Nuile :smilemirunu:

• Upvote 4

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

I really don't get what all this speculation is about. It's obviously the return of Galidor, what else could it be?

-Gata signoff.png

Anddddddddd Gata wins the "Best Post of the Year Award!" Unlike the dark side, we don't offer cookies, we offer...I honestly couldn't think of anything witty here...

-Rez

Thanks, but I've seen better ones. :P

-Gata signoff.png

• Upvote 2

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Current evidence suggests that it is a new colorful set with a radar dish in silver. I like that combo of white and silver plates; wish that would be in a set.

There is no silver in that pic. It's literally just grey.

In all seriousness, I think it's most likely to be a reveal of the rest of this year's Hobbit sets. Only one has been officially revealed, yet the full range is starting to show up in stores. So that announcement is more urgent than any other Lego could possibly make. And it'd certainly explain the movie motif of the countdown.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This is so exciting! At long last, my patience will be rewarded!
They scoffed, they called me fool, they ignored me. Now who's laughing?
This is the best news I've heard all year!
If ever anything LEGO was needed to return, this is it.

LEGO has a media juggernaut on its hands!

Believe me, I will watch all of the tv show and the movie, I will eat bag upon bag of the limited edition licensed Planter's Peanuts, I will buy all of the ceramic mugs (don't ask me how I know, I don't want my source to lose his job :( )

At long last, a new generation can experience that glorious lumen, that product by which all other LEGO products are measured,

Hiker Mike!

I've gotta get me a pair of walking sticks and some beef jerky and celebrate!
I might just be making a pilgrimage to the Grand Canyon.

I mean, it's not as if LEGO would bring back Galidor, or that silly Throwbots clone they made (whatchamacallit, Skull Caps of Voya Mata?)

Though in all seriousness, if Friday's reveal is Bionicle, that makes sense of the claim that the NYC reveal will be a "brand new theme."

#HIKERMIKE2015 confirmed!

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat
  • Upvote 1

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Well, taking the six coloured tiles (red, green, blue, brown, black, white) as obviously representing the six Toa Mata, we can see that LEGO is hinting several things due to which colours are next to each other.

Firstly, Tahu seems to have distanced himself from the group, possibly due to his inferiority complex from being the only non-Nuva. Second, Gali will continue having to hold the team together because they are inept at teamwork even after 100 000 years. Thirdly, Pohatu and Onua have become best friends after realising they are basically the same element. Lastly, Kopaka is staying as far from that pyromaniac nutter Tahu as possible.

Oh, and the radar dish brick on the white background represents how LEGO wanted to include Kopaka's shield, but could only find a grey one off Benny's spaceship.

Edited by Xelphene

-Gata signoff.png

It's not announcing the return of Galidor.

It's announcing the return of Throwbots! :P

Joking aside, I could see this announcement of the return of Bionicle. But I have no idea if it really is. I guess we just have to wait until Friday to find out.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png